Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
View previous topic :: View next topic
RFNAPLES
Level 8

United States

• Posted: 04/20/2013 14:21
  • Post subject:
tekin wrote:
Increasing public awareness. Better and more thought-provoking education system (testing immigrants on these issues to see what's their world-view and whether they have a defend-able general understanding of political system, cultural outlook, views on human rights, etc.) and many more. Though I aksed you to recommend some but you cannot because you don't care. I'm pretty sure you're one of those "whatever" guys.

Public corporal punishment
  • Visit poster's website
  • Send email
  • Visit poster's website
Jackwc
Queen Of The Forums

Canada

• Posted: 04/20/2013 15:07
  • Post subject:
I have to agree with Naples here.

Charles Whitman, for example, the famed "clocktower shooter", would have passed all of our tests as he WAS completely normal. Upon dissection it was found that he had a small tumor pressing against his amygdalae, which could cause random outbursts of violent agression. Eric Harris, the orchestrator of the Columbine shooting, was a charming model student despite being a clinical psychopath - he could have passed any sort of psychological test given to him because as a psychopath he is wired to manipulate. The shooter in the Fort Hood Massacre WAS THE FUCKING PSYCHIATRIST HIMSELF.There isn't much you can do to stop shootings; people who want access to the guns will get the guns and there isn't anything you can do to stop them because there is no way of telling. And we can't just BAN them, because black market weaponry is becoming more and more readily available as time goes by. You could go on the internet right now, access the Silk Road, and buy yourself an AK-47 if you so pleased.

Music sucks. Check out my favourite movies, fam:
http://letterboxd.com/jackiegigantic/
  • Visit poster's website

• Posted: 04/20/2013 15:55
  • Post subject:
Jackwc wrote:

Actually what Naples believes is that those people are crazy bastards with the word "mad" written on their forehead.
Wombi

• Posted: 04/20/2013 16:13
  • Post subject:
Jackwc wrote:

Charles Whitman, for example, the famed "clocktower shooter", would have passed all of our tests as he WAS completely normal. Upon dissection it was found that he had a small tumor pressing against his amygdalae, which could cause random outbursts of violent agression. Eric Harris, the orchestrator of the Columbine shooting, was a charming model student despite being a clinical psychopath - he could have passed any sort of psychological test given to him because as a psychopath he is wired to manipulate. The shooter in the Fort Hood Massacre WAS THE FUCKING PSYCHIATRIST HIMSELF.There isn't much you can do to stop shootings; people who want access to the guns will get the guns and there isn't anything you can do to stop them because there is no way of telling. And we can't just BAN them, because black market weaponry is becoming more and more readily available as time goes by. You could go on the internet right now, access the Silk Road, and buy yourself an AK-47 if you so pleased.

you said you agree with naples and then went on to discuss a lot of things he didn't (mostly because he never actually goes into details on his beliefs and opinions because you can give a false impression of being remotely intelligent or all knowing if you stay vague).

i pretty much agree with most of what you wrote and in a lot of ways it seems to fly in the face of what naples is saying and instead 1% agree with what loveless was saying which is that these people could all have seemed incredibly normal and we can never determine what someone will do based on what we think they are like. anyone who says in hindsight of these sort of attacks that the perpetrator is exactly the sort of person to do it, is talking out of their arse.

i will say that many many many people have the capacity and dysfunction to be able to do what these sort of people do but do not, that separates them. and many people come across as psychopaths but are not. we can not and will not ever know what someone is capable of until they do it.
RFNAPLES
Level 8

United States

• Posted: 04/20/2013 16:46
  • Post subject:
Jackwc wrote:

Agree, public corporal punishment as a deterrent.
  • Visit poster's website
  • Send email
  • Visit poster's website
Cymro2011
The Beatles were objectively average

United Kingdom

• Posted: 04/20/2013 23:46
  • Post subject:
Doing a Naples:
  • Visit poster's website
RFNAPLES
Level 8

United States

• Posted: 04/21/2013 12:27
  • Post subject:

• Visit poster's website
  • Send email
  • Visit poster's website
ButterThumbz
I always used to wonder if she wore false ears

United Kingdom

• Posted: 04/28/2013 10:25
  • Post subject:
RFNAPLES wrote:
Agree, public corporal punishment as a deterrent.

Next you'll be asking for sharia law!
  • Visit poster's website
useless

• Posted: 04/28/2013 11:04
  • Post subject:
ButterThumbz wrote:
Next you'll be asking for sharia law!

He won't. At least not in BEA.
Jackwc
Queen Of The Forums

Canada

• Posted: 04/28/2013 22:22
  • Post subject:
RFNAPLES wrote:

In all fairness, most of my friends who own pressure cookers would be what you'd describe as "bad boys".

Music sucks. Check out my favourite movies, fam:
http://letterboxd.com/jackiegigantic/
  • Visit poster's website