World War III: About to start?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic
Evandar

• Posted: 01/04/2015 20:54
  • Post subject:
Skinny wrote:
I've never read any of Banks' SF stuff, but I'm a fan of his (supposedly) more conventional novels, particularly Complicity, The Crow Road, and The Wasp Factory.

Oh, go on, treat yourself, no reason to avoid his sci-fi novels! I've only finished the first three, but especially the first two are pretty awesome. The third one is very good too, just a bit on the experimental side to resonate strongly with me. I've read The Wasp Factory, and though there's precious little conventional about it, it was a great read, and will stick with me for the rest of my life. Good gods, how fucked up can a kid become?!.
  • Visit poster's website
AMBNTnoises

United States

• Posted: 01/15/2015 23:40
  • Post subject: Re: World War III: About to start?
WindowAbove wrote:
So there is a lot of shit going on in the world now. The Middle East turmoil and Israel/Palestine, Russia/Ukraine, whatever the fuck North Korea is going to do, etc. WWIII is becoming seemingly increasingly inevitable. How do you think that it will start? If you were president, how would you try to control or keep peace? Will Palestine bomb Isreal and the US will try to enter to stop? Will Russia or China or ISIS or whoever get involved? Will Australia enter to become the secret champions?

A nuclear war will take place. United states will take major fire unlike its ever received before. Society will completely fall apart. nothing will exist.
If i was president, I would stock up on as many copies of albums of the 1940's. Get scientists to make some high tech underground vaults that can sustain life for at least one and a half generations. After the nuclear destruction the vault dwellers and those who survived outside would begin creating. The 1940's music would set the people back and a futuristic 1950's society would be created.
There it is.
  • Visit poster's website