Turning back the BEA clock

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
Kiki

• Posted: 03/29/2015 20:00
  • Post subject:
JMan wrote:
Nothing really. I rarely got inot arguments. I started a 26-thread long weekly series called the Big 4 Discussions, where I pick a genre and people vote for 4 bands of the genre, and the bands with the most votes are the "big four." People liked it, people didn't like it. I haven't done any for a while.

Also, the site helped me discover tons of grunge. Other than that, I got used to trolling and I got my head straight.

Okay, good good. Are you working at the thift store these days? I remember you said you were working there before.
JMan

• Posted: 03/29/2015 20:16
  • Post subject:
Kiki wrote:
Okay, good good. Are you working at the thift store these days? I remember you said you were working there before.

They tried to pull a mind-trick on customers, so I quit. Basically, they tried to get me to price things four times the cost because there was a "50% off" deal. It reminded me of that 1956 adaptation of the book 1984. In the dystopian film, the government secretly lowered everyone's food rations by 20%, and then publicly raised it by 15% soon after. I don't like mind games like that. It's dishonest. The old manager wouldn't have done that. Also, they kept getting organized and disorganized, employees weren't allowed to reserve items anymore, and they ignored the protection parents give children concerning movie sections. I was originally allowed to organize the films by rating so that kids could find kids films on the lower shelves. But the disorganization robbed parents who care protection they give there children. So I quit. Now I'm going to study C++.
Goodsir

• Posted: 03/29/2015 20:17
  • Post subject:
Funny thing is I was just talking to some people about my earlier posts here. (Cringey and kinda elitist despite lack of knowledge) Obviously the first thing I would do is go back and make sure that emo bands thread was never made. Laughing (Seriously though, it still might be one of the worst threads in the site's history)
Kiki

• Posted: 03/29/2015 20:35
  • Post subject:
JMan wrote:
They tried to pull a mind-trick on customers, so I quit. Basically, they tried to get me to price things four times the cost because there was a "50% off" deal. It reminded me of that 1956 adaptation of the book 1984. In the dystopian film, the government secretly lowered everyone's food rations by 20%, and then publicly raised it by 15% soon after. I don't like mind games like that. It's dishonest. The old manager wouldn't have done that. Also, they kept getting organized and disorganized, employees weren't allowed to reserve items anymore, and they ignored the protection parents give children concerning movie sections. I was originally allowed to organize the films by rating so that kids could find kids films on the lower shelves. But the disorganization robbed parents who care protection they give there children. So I quit. Now I'm going to study C++.

You're a very good person Smile Not only for spending time volunteering but for standing up for what you thought was right.

Goodsir, you're pretty good now Wink I think I annoyed you at first but we're god now
JMan

• Posted: 03/29/2015 20:38
  • Post subject:
Kiki wrote:
we're god now

When lightning strikes the clocktower... Mr. Green

Thanks for the compliments, Kiki. Very Happy
mickilennial
The Most Trusted Name in News

Poland

• Posted: 03/29/2015 20:43
  • Post subject:
If it wasn't for Outlaw/Kiki and JOD I wouldn't even be here...
  • Visit poster's website
Goodsir

• Posted: 03/29/2015 20:48
  • Post subject:
Gowienczyk wrote:

:')

I remember going back to read the thread where they tried to find you. Made me so happy. Glad to have you here ofc! One of the most important members for me, Gowi! Very Happy
CellarDoor
Shoe-Punk Loner

France

• Posted: 03/29/2015 20:52
  • Post subject:
hic et nunc

• Visit poster's website
Kiki

• Posted: 03/29/2015 20:52
  • Post subject:
Gowienczyk wrote:

No, it was you who choose to quit. It was you all along. You were the one who beat the drugs, me and Joy were only here to support you.

Only you...

Link
Patman360
Serenity Now

Ireland

• Posted: 03/29/2015 22:09
  • Post subject:
Puncture Repair wrote:
Yeah I also said some pretty cringey things early on, but I'm not sure I'd give up my knowledge of the place now to get rid of them.

Yeah, I feel much the same, 4 and a bit years has changed my opinion and attitude towards things even beyond music, I bummed around the charts for a long time before I ever ventured near the forums, glad I finally did though, cheers for everything guys, it's been a wonderfully bizarre couple of years.

• Visit poster's website