View previous topic :: View next topic
Muslim-Bigfoot

Location: Llanfair­pwllgwyngyll­gogery­chwyrn­drobwll­llan­tysilio­gogo­goch

• Posted: 08/04/2015 18:37
  • Post subject:
Jasonconfused wrote:

Link

They're not trolling, I'm sorry to say.

"Speaks the truth", vote for Akinator then. Laughing Also they're not bothered that he called all unregistered immigrants "rapists"; what he's doing there is calling all your and his ancestors rapists. I'm pretty sure you'd be bothered by that.

"He's like one of us; he may be a millionaire". Isn't that just self-defeating in every imaginable way in a society that you can buy anything and everything?

A 3000 KM WALL IS COMMON SENSE NOW!!!

Also another one wants to ask how he made his money so that she can do the same thing; well, you gotta first find a billionaire and make him adopt you and include you in his will and then kill him. That'd be the most efficient way.

SUCCESS; wasn't he like on the brink of bankruptcy couple of times and was bailed out by his and his party comrades' "ideal non-interventionist government" of United States?
Precedent

• Posted: 08/04/2015 20:04
  • Post subject:
RockyRaccoon wrote:
Somehow I doubt that

Haha I'm moving out of the Country for College anyways! It's just a matter of when Wink
Revolution909

Ireland

• Posted: 08/04/2015 20:54
  • Post subject: Re: US Presidential Election 2016 Discussion
• What do you guys think about the candidates so far?
The GOP are atrocious; perhaps more so than anyone could have expected given Trump's performance. They're really doubling down on their white, heterosexual, uninformed, religious base which is an ever-shrinking proportion of the electorate. They've not learned their lesson from '08 and '12 and it will most likely cost them the White House in 2016 and beyond.

The two-horse race in the Democatic field is slightly more substantive. At this moment, I would say Hillary has minimum 80% chance of securing the Democratic nomination. A Sanders nomination would really indicate a substantial leftward shift, perhaps not of peoples' views but a shift in the type of person who Democrats are willing to support.

I'm gonna be controversial and say I like Hillary to a certain extent. I respect her wealth of varied experience and I agree with many of her views on things, though I worry how faithful she will be to her election promises.

I also like Bernie. American politics does need to be pulled onto a more leftward axis, reversing the rightward shift of the last ~30 years. He might be the guy to do it. I wonder how electable such a leftward candidate would be in a national, general election. He could very well be the one to get big money out of American politics, the crux of many of the problems of American government.

Both Democratic candidates have pros and cons and I'm not committed either way yet.

I don't think a Biden candidacy will happen and if it does, I feel it would be Hillary/Obama lite. We have the establishment Democrat in Hillary already.

So far it's pure 24 hour news cycle masturbation, it hasn't yet reached the stage at which the children go home and the handful of grown-ups left get down to brass tacks.

• Will Kasich or Perry get the tenth seed?
I don't know and it's irrelevant to the nomination and election anyway.

• Do you think any of the Republican candidates make sense?
Does any candidate make sense as a holistic all-round package? Hell no. Some candidates have specific views that I can get on board with though, not enough to make me vote Republican though.

• For the Democrats, do you think that Sanders or Clinton will secure the nomination and who would you prefer?
Hillary will probably get it. I'm conflicted as to who I'd prefer.

• And will Rick Santorum ever not be retarded?
Stop giving people with learning difficulties a bad reputation. Wink

Top 100 Music Albums of the 2010s

Last edited by Revolution909 on 08/04/2015 20:56; edited 1 time in total
  • Visit poster's website
Revolution909

Ireland

• Posted: 08/04/2015 20:55
  • Post subject: Re: US Presidential Election 2016 Discussion
delete

Top 100 Music Albums of the 2010s
  • Visit poster's website
WindowAbove

United States

• Posted: 08/04/2015 21:28
  • Post subject:
Fuck the GOP, some of them like Ben Carson have good ideas but they're all homophobic so no vote from me. Clinton has a douchebag atmosphere and she just seems unlikeable to me regardless of her policies or what she'll do as president. Sanders is the one whom I want to be president but he's too liberal for most Americans to vote for him so it'll probably be Clinton who gets it.

I turn 18 the month after so I'll just miss out on voting Sad
  • Visit poster's website
HigherThanTheSun

United Kingdom

• Posted: 08/04/2015 21:40
  • Post subject:
GOP are talking to fewer and fewer people they need to wake up because it's hard to see them ever winning an election again on their current platform. Hopefully anyway

Not as clued up as I should be on all the candidates atm but I'll try get in to it when it starts kicking off properly

Jasonconfused wrote:

Link

I've never actually watched msnbc, is that how the anchors always act like are they allowed to give a running commentary on news and chip in with their own opinions whenever they want ? I've never seen news presenters react like that to a story without any attempt at impartiality :/
CubaZed

• Posted: 08/04/2015 22:04
  • Post subject:
HigherThanTheSun wrote:

I've never actually watched msnbc, is that how the anchors always act like are they allowed to give a running commentary on news and chip in with their own opinions whenever they want ? I've never seen news presenters react like that to a story without any attempt at impartiality :/

MSNBC and Fox News are both exceedingly biased news networks that don't attempt impartiality. The closest thing we have is CNN but that's still a little left leaning.

Muslim-Bigfoot wrote:
Speaks the truth", vote for Akinator then.

Laughing Laughing Laughing
craola
crayon master

United States

• Posted: 08/05/2015 07:21
  • Post subject:
only way i'd vote one of clinton or bush is if they run together as prezzy / vice prezi. hell would freeze over for that to happen though.
zdwyatt

United States

• Posted: 08/05/2015 13:37
  • Post subject:
HigherThanTheSun wrote:

This is a clip from a show called Morning Joe. It's more like a drive-time talk show than straight news. So, yes, that sort of commentary is normal.
  • Visit poster's website
Jasonconfused
If We Make It We Can All Sit Back and Laugh

United States

• Posted: 08/05/2015 17:34
  • Post subject:
zdwyatt wrote:
This is a clip from a show called Morning Joe. It's more like a drive-time talk show than straight news. So, yes, that sort of commentary is normal.

Exactly. Joe Scarborough has a 3 hour show and he's a former Republican Congressman and people still claim MSNBC is the "liberal" channel. MSNBC is establishment all the way through, with maybe a couple of hesitant exceptions.