Animated Films
73%
 73%  [14]
Total Votes : 19

CubaZed

• Posted: 08/28/2015 19:01
  • Post subject:
badseed wrote:
Yeah, I noticed King Kong in my research too, but yeah that's gotta be chalked up as a special effect, similar to Jurassic Park. It made a few lists primarily because of its influence and innovation on the genre. I watched Cat City last night. I've got a rough 100, but I really am interested in trying to see the films of Satoshi Kon as he seems to be very well regarded.

The opening of Paprika is one of my favourites in any movie ever. The scene transitions are just so beautifully unique. Definitely check him out.
Necharsian
Best Ever User

Canada

• Posted: 08/28/2015 22:02
  • Post subject:
Gowi wrote:
Anyway for semantics sake, you can see an early build of my list here:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1lra...sp=sharing

Though if we are counting Roger Rabbit, that HAS to make my list.

hm laputa #1 eh? i dont remember thinking that one was all that great, though it has been awhile.

so im guessing if puppets are out that means The Dark Crystal is out too right?

idk if ill actualy get around to doing a list, but i kind of want to. mine will likely just be a lot of disney movies im guessing.
  • Visit poster's website
Hayden

Canada

• Posted: 08/28/2015 22:20
  • Post subject:
Necharsian wrote:

so im guessing if puppets are out that means The Dark Crystal is out too right?

Yeah Confused Sorry Nech.
  • Visit poster's website
CubaZed

• Posted: 08/28/2015 22:54
  • Post subject:
Necharsian wrote:

idk if ill actualy get around to doing a list, but i kind of want to. mine will likely just be a lot of disney movies im guessing.

Digimon the fuck out of it to create diversity.
badseed

United States

• Posted: 08/29/2015 03:26
  • Post subject:
CubaZed wrote:
The opening of Paprika is one of my favourites in any movie ever. The scene transitions are just so beautifully unique. Definitely check him out.

Paprika seems to be the only one available on Blu-Ray. The rest of them appear to be out of print as the DVDs are going for around $100 each on Amazon, and they're not on YouTube. I may have to look them up on eBay. I'm gonna try to see them before I finish my list; I'll probably start on my Letterboxd page just so I have a good idea. The top 100 I have now is alright but I'll be so happy to see some better stuff as my bottom 10-15 are movies I really don't care all that much for and feel weird putting them in a list.
  • Visit poster's website
undefined

• Posted: 08/29/2015 03:29
  • Post subject:
if anyone is looking for inspiration I bumped this up to 200
Hayden

Canada

• Posted: 08/29/2015 03:33
  • Post subject:
badseed wrote:
Paprika seems to be the only one available on Blu-Ray. The rest of them appear to be out of print as the DVDs are going for around $100 each on Amazon, and they're not on YouTube. I may have to look them up on eBay. I'm gonna try to see them before I finish my list; I'll probably start on my Letterboxd page just so I have a good idea. The top 100 I have now is alright but I'll be so happy to see some better stuff as my bottom 10-15 are movies I really don't care all that much for and feel weird putting them in a list.

Perfect Blue is in pretty high circulation, so I'm assuming you're talking about Tokyo Godfathers and Millennium Actress? I just checked, and there's a few high quality versions of them on torrenting sights.

I've yet to see Paprika. Gotta do that before I make my list.

Due to the hype, I'll start the thread tomorrow. It's really cool to see how excited everyone is for the list this time around Smile
  • Visit poster's website
Hayden

Canada

• Posted: 08/29/2015 03:37
  • Post subject:
I'll reinstate this in the thread, but if you're submitted your list via letterboxd (which is understandable, it's super easy to make lists on it), please use the optional numbering system. It helps me keep track when tallying the lists.
  • Visit poster's website
undefined

• Posted: 08/29/2015 03:48
  • Post subject:
Hayden wrote:
I'll reinstate this in the thread, but if you're submitted your list via letterboxd (which is understandable, it's super easy to make lists on it), please use the optional numbering system. It helps me keep track when tallying the lists.

Would it be easier on your end for us to just submit a written list? And if so should everything have English titles?

Also not to sound like a broken record but is Dog Star Man eligible?
Hayden

Canada

• Posted: 08/29/2015 04:17
  • Post subject:
dividesbyzero wrote:
Would it be easier on your end for us to just submit a written list? And if so should everything have English titles?

Also not to sound like a broken record but is Dog Star Man eligible?

IMDB, Letterboxd, written list, etc.. all work for me, just as long as the films are numbered. English titled would be convenient, but use the films given title if it's more commonly accepted. I'm not expecting to see 'The Moon' instead of 'La Luna' for instance, but I'd prefer 'Spirited Away' rather than '千と千尋の神隠し'.

Not to be a buzzkill, but you're gunna have to convince me for Dog Star Man... Think I don't have the time to watch it right now (hopefully I will eventually), but it looks more-or-less like a live-action slideshow format. It doesn't have an animation tags on IMDB either Sad
  • Visit poster's website