Albums You Added To Your Collection Today

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 167, 168, 169 ... 461, 462, 463  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
Kool Keith Sweat

• Posted: 10/04/2015 14:14
  • Post subject:
Skinny wrote:
Went to a local record fair despite strict instruction from my better half; managed to behave myself, though, and regrettably left a £20 mint copy of East of the River Nile well alone. Did pick up George Benson's Space (basically a repackaging of Live at the Carnegie Hall, with a couple unreleased tracks) and two prime Weather Report albums (Mysterious Traveller and Black Market), all of which look as though they've never been played, for the combined price of a tenner. Stil hurting about that Augustus Pablo LP, though.

Should go back and pick it up. Love those two Weather Report though. Mysterious Traveler might be my favorite from them. Was surprised to hear Portishead on Black Market first time I put it on (since I never listened to Weather Report before buying their entire early discography on record).
Skinny
birdman_handrub.gif

• Posted: 10/04/2015 14:50
  • Post subject:
Kool Keith Sweat wrote:
Should go back and pick it up. Love those two Weather Report though. Mysterious Traveler might be my favorite from them. Was surprised to hear Portishead on Black Market first time I put it on (since I never listened to Weather Report before buying their entire early discography on record).

Went back and bought the Pablo record. Managed to haggle him down to £15 as there's only fifteen minutes left of the day. I'll be thanking you as I give it a spin later.
RepoMan

• Posted: 10/04/2015 15:19
  • Post subject:
^^^ Hey, KKS & Skinny, speaking of Weather Report can u guys rec some albums that r like In A Silent Way, Zawinul's s/t, and even Wayne Shorter's Odyssesy of Iska? I'm really loving that that sound. Thanks!
Kool Keith Sweat

• Posted: 10/04/2015 16:36
  • Post subject:
RepoMan wrote:
^^^ Hey, KKS & Skinny, speaking of Weather Report can u guys rec some albums that r like In A Silent Way, Zawinul's s/t, and even Wayne Shorter's Odyssesy of Iska? I'm really loving that that sound. Thanks!

I can't rec anything other than suggesting you pay attention to Zawinul's and Shorter's careers surrounding that time, particularly when they overlap, as well as when Shorter's and Hancock's careers overlap. For some reason the Blade Runner OST is coming to mind.
Kool Keith Sweat

• Posted: 10/04/2015 21:04
  • Post subject:
Got a $50 Amazon gift card last week for the birthday and decided to order these on CD

Birdsongs of the Mesozoic - Dawn of the Cycads

which is a compilation of their first couple LPs and EPs

and

1984 by Hugh Hopper

which has been difficult to find in Austin, particularly on vinyl, so I figured I'd just get it on CD online instead

and then

Rake - The Art Ensemble of Rake/The Tell-Tale Moog

which I somehow snagged for $13 when the price range of other sellers was ~$50 - ~$200, with one seller charging nearly $500 for the CD; we'll see if it actually is in solid condition. Prices are all below $10 on discogs, so I can't tell if Amazon sellers are off their rocker or what.

pretty psyched tho
Sometype

United Kingdom

• Posted: 10/04/2015 21:14
  • Post subject:
D'Angelo and the Vanguard - Black Messiah

(2LP, 12")
neilgee
Bless the list makers

United Kingdom

• Posted: 10/06/2015 11:22
  • Post subject:
Caught in the Act by The Commodores. CD to replace my vinyl copy.
  • Visit poster's website
Romanelli
Bone Swah

United States

• Posted: 10/06/2015 11:58
  • Post subject:

Music from and Inspired by the Motion P...us Artists

Pride by White Lion
  • Visit poster's website
  • Visit poster's website
Jimmy Dread
Old skool like Happy Shopper

United Kingdom

• Posted: 10/06/2015 15:20
  • Post subject:
Two VA compys I picked up on the way back from Doncaster at a little shop called Vintage & Vinyl, which is half record shop, half nick-nack emporium with nice people behind the counter who'll make you a brew whilst you browse:

Part Brazilian garage, part rock 'n' roll freak out. Interesting listen, holds up nicely to the (admittedly superior) Brazilian Funk Bananas compy I picked up in Sounds Of The Universe last year.

Early digital-era Dancehall gems from the likes of Gregory Isaacs, Sugar Minott and Cocoa Tea. Early highlight (only spun it through once) was King Everal's "Hung Them" pon da Real Rock riddim. A nice taster for the soon-to-be repressed versions of Two Big Bull In A One Pen and Ninja Mi Ninja which are due out in a couple of weeks. Irie.
  • Visit poster's website
neilgee
Bless the list makers

United Kingdom

• Posted: 10/07/2015 13:57
  • Post subject:
Commodores eponymous fifth album arrived today, I swear I remember this album being in UK shops under the title 'Zoom', although there's no record I can find of that title ever being used now, but that sort of thing does happen over the years: I once had an Al Green album titled 'Tired of being Alone' which was essentially the 'Green is Blues' album with the title track added when it became a hit; there's no trace of that now either.

Also The Strokes 'Is this it' cd arrived by post.
  • Visit poster's website