• Post subject:
Well that was fun
  • Visit poster's website
undefined

• Posted: 10/10/2016 05:54
  • Post subject:
CryingGameDahlin wrote:
Well that was fun

how many times did he tell her to be ashamed of herself?
cestuneblague
Edgy to the Choir

• Posted: 10/10/2016 06:09
  • Post subject:
dividesbyzero wrote:
how many times did he tell her to be ashamed of herself?

Hey keep that talk in the locker room, or Im calling my special prosecutor
  • Visit poster's website
cestuneblague
Edgy to the Choir

• Posted: 10/16/2016 14:55
  • Post subject:
So apparently there was a woman at a Trump rally who had "He Can Grab My (Arrow Pointing Downward- I think you know what that means)" emboldened on her shirt. If I ever truly lose all faith in the American electorate, this may be the biggest tip on the iceberg.
  • Visit poster's website
cestuneblague
Edgy to the Choir

• Posted: 11/01/2016 16:32
  • Post subject:

Link
  • Visit poster's website
Muslim-Bigfoot

Location: Llanfair­pwllgwyngyll­gogery­chwyrn­drobwll­llan­tysilio­gogo­goch

• Posted: 11/03/2016 02:48
  • Post subject:
As an outsider, insofar as I could gather from social media and the general atmosphere, Trump was not exactly a popular person before he started talking about Obama. So this guy who was the butt of many jokes became very popular when he started his campaign and his words reached the general population (I know that he's also very hated by the other side but we're talking about the big minority of people he has managed to appeal to). It's obvious that what made him popular were his more publicized positions (mostly of xenophobic nature) along with his birther past. Other allegedly appealing factors like his wealth or attitude were always there. This also can explain why the support for him is so passionate and forgiving of all his shortcomings. Because what people love about him is that he hates the same people as them, all else is irrelevant. All of the other analyses attributing his appeal (to lower class white families) to economical issues (many have said this kind of populist protectionist and at the same time conservative bullshit and didn't have any kind of passionate support) or political grievances like money in politics or anti-establishment sentiments are just wrong, or he would attract more of Sanders' supporters or African-American voters in that case, who have a lot to say about establishment politics. The data shows that his voters are just traditional GOP voters and nothing else. The same people who voted for Mitt Romney 4 years ago suddenly didn't have eruptions of hatred for the establishment now. The only way you can explain Trump away as an anti-establishment phenomenon would be if establishment for his supporters was a symbol of the Jewry and and the Latino plot to take over the majority or shit like that. This is depressing.
meccalecca
Voice of Reason

United States

• Posted: 11/03/2016 14:21
  • Post subject:
Muslim-Bigfoot wrote:
This is depressing.

If you had only said those three words, I think I still would have gotten the point.

As for Trump. Yeah, he's always been kind of the butt of jokes. He's like an exaggerated cartoon of a rich person. Simpletons often fall for the "he's rich, so he must be good at business" angle. and then that becomes "he's good at business, so he'll fix the economy". None of it is logical. I've read that Paris Hilton is actually on her way to being more successful in her investments.

There's also been a heavy attack on the mainstream media here, which has led a huge part of the population to seek other sources for political information. And those sources are filled with propaganda, misinformation, conjecture, etc. I believe that more than anything, the distrust of the major media has been a huge part of the rise of Trump.
  • Visit poster's website
undefined

• Posted: 11/03/2016 20:18
  • Post subject:
not to mention propaganda to equate Hilary to the antichrist. I'm not a fan of her by any means but jesus she's not the fucking downfall of western society
Allabaster

• Posted: 11/04/2016 04:38
  • Post subject:
meccalecca wrote:

There's also been a heavy attack on the mainstream media here, which has led a huge part of the population to seek other sources for political information. And those sources are filled with propaganda, misinformation, conjecture, etc. I believe that more than anything, the distrust of the major media has been a huge part of the rise of Trump.

An overabundance of information is one of the perils of our time. May the younger generations learn to use it more responsibly.
CA Dreamin

United States

• Posted: 11/08/2016 16:26
  • Post subject:
The day is upon us. In the worst case scenario, is anybody in another country willing to take in a refugee?
  • Visit poster's website