Music for babies

View previous topic :: View next topic
RoundTheBend
I miss the comfort in being sad

United States

• Posted: 01/22/2017 05:34
  • Post subject: Music for babies
Music for babies.

I created this short list to help with spacial understanding/memory. I wanted to focus on more monophonic type stuff (not in a strict sense, rather a very clear melody and that's mostly it).

Here's my start (I didn't want to flood the poor guy. 13th chords and poly-rhythms are something we can discuss when we are older.

Für Elise by Beethoven
Spring movement of Four Seasons by Vivaldi
Piano Sonata in C Major, K:545 first movement by Mozart
First movement of Moonlight Sonata by Beethoven
First movement of "Eine Kleine Nachtmusik by Mozart
Turkish Rondo, KV 331 by Mozart

Anyway, I was curious what all y'alls would put in your top 5 or so for first things you'd show your baby.

(yes, I procreated, scary, huh? What's funny is I was joking with a friend who doesn't want to have kids and told him, well stupid people procreate faster, so you gotta help keep a balance... I know, even more of a terrifying reason I procreated)
  • Visit poster's website
albumceleste

• Posted: 01/22/2017 14:00
  • Post subject:
First day I had my first baby home I put Mozart (I believe it was 17th Piano concert in G, K453), and then right after some oldstyle blues album (Blind Willie Johnson maybe but I can't recall really). But I guess babys don't really give a fugg, everything is bloody new and their main interest is to suck a pair of tits just like dad.

Oh and with the forthcoming babies you tend to not give too much tought to all those things and the music you wanna listen day by day is the home soundtrack. Anyway kids have their own tastes -influenced by what sounds home but not limited/determined by them-. My first daughter loved Beatles from the first time and recently Mozart opera arias -wich we found accidentally as I hate operatic singing, but this day I was listening to The Magic Flute and she loved it instantly and every two days she ask me to see opera arias on YT-.

Cheers for the good news -and the new job.
RoundTheBend
I miss the comfort in being sad

United States

• Posted: 01/23/2017 01:01
  • Post subject:
Thanks mate. Totally is a job. And good points...if probably doesn't matter in the end.

Mozart and the blues, good choices. Been thinking my choices are a bit too old white man. I suppose simple monophonic melodies aren't just in western classical music.
  • Visit poster's website