what would your setup look like if you were a billionaire?

View previous topic :: View next topic
jackbrown8786

• Posted: 02/21/2017 23:04
  • Post subject: what would your setup look like if you were a billionaire?
if you had an unlimited amount of money to spend, what mixer/amp/speaker/turntable/cartridge combo would you have? I've seen speakers priced at over a million pounds per pair, cartridges going for 15 grand, and record players weighing over 800lbs made of space-age materials at a cost of half a million dollars.

a lot of the cost of those things has to do more with vanity than technology though (like unnecessary gold components for example), so alternatively, what's the best setup you'll realistically, eventually have? I hope to one day upgrade to a VPI prime and a miyajima zero cartridge with spendor d7 speakers. I'd like to think I'd be happy with this but if I had it, honestly I'd probably then have my eyes on the Caliburn, lol. just human nature, if not also the greediest, most gluttonous s*&^ you've ever heard. I can't be alone here though, imagine you won the lotto and post your shopping list here
  • Visit poster's website
Puncture Repair

• Posted: 02/24/2017 09:33
  • Post subject:
I'm hardly an expert when it comes to sound quality, but I know that you can easily get caught up in an endless loop of hardware not sound good enough > format not good enough > hardware not good enough etc.

The best system in the world is only going to make an mp3 sound so good, and then good luck getting all your music in FLAC or vinyl.

If I had an unlimited amount of money? I'd probably get the artists to come to my mansion and perform to me personally.
RoundTheBend
I miss the comfort in being sad

United States

• Posted: 02/25/2017 16:20
  • Post subject:
Puncture Repair wrote:

If I had an unlimited amount of money? I'd probably get the artists to come to my mansion and perform to me personally.

Yup.

Also when I first saw this I thought about bass gear not sound reproduction gear. I won't bore you with those details.

It is always fun to have that experience where the recording/sound system is superb and make the music so much more alive even if it is a recording.
  • Visit poster's website