28%  [4]
Total Votes : 14

Hayden

Canada

• Posted: 05/20/2018 08:46
  • Post subject:
Quote:

YoungPunk wrote:
I am aware, I am just saying taxes are high objectively, without comparison to other nations, which I probably wouldn't want to live in.

Antonio-Pedro wrote:
lol america

Yeah... American taxes aren't bad... it's just that they seem to go towards nothing Anxious Income tax is lower than nearly everything in Europe, and taxes goods/services, etc... are one of the lowest in developed countries, aren't they? I don't think too many people in higher taxed nations that actually see their money go towards something useful seem to mind.

But even in comparison to Canada, American education prices are ridiculous. Especially in 'elite' schools. We still overpay a fortune here, but I always feel really bad for American students... We have okay-ish national loan programs, but I've heard so many nightmares from people getting students loans in the States.

Wish I was Swedish.
  • Visit poster's website
undefined

• Posted: 05/20/2018 09:48
  • Post subject:
America fuggin sucks
high school blows
college ok
collectivize the means to higher education/execute jeff bezos etc etc
lii hih atm but is aight

fUCK capislim man. ...

YoungPunk

• Posted: 05/21/2018 01:02
  • Post subject:
How many Mexican/Black people make it in Europe?

Edit: Honest question btw..
  • Visit poster's website
Puncture Repair

• Posted: 05/21/2018 12:05
  • Post subject:
YoungPunk wrote:

Is that supposed to be the global metric on how we measure the success of taxation?
YoungPunk

• Posted: 05/21/2018 17:15
  • Post subject:
Puncture Repair wrote:
YoungPunk wrote:

Is that supposed to be the global metric on how we measure the success of taxation?

Well its the most relevant to me Smile

Also taxation is kinda a silly thing to argue about. Warren Buffet says you can raise taxes to 90% and businesses can still make money. Would be kinda dumb though..
  • Visit poster's website
zdwyatt

United States

• Posted: 05/21/2018 19:13
  • Post subject:
College was better than high school for me, but I am not sure how much of that is about the towns involved. I left a town of about 25,000 to attend a state school that had almost twice that (to say nothing of the city being 10 times the size). I really enjoyed the anonymity that being at a big school provided. I didn't go to a tiny high school, but it still seemed like you knew everyone and their business.

College also came with way more freedom. There is the obvious living-on-your-own aspect, but I had more control over what I studied. Whereas high school felt like this conveyor belt, college was a time of unparalleled choice.
HigherThanTheSun

United Kingdom

• Posted: 05/21/2018 20:00
  • Post subject:
YoungPunk wrote:
Puncture Repair wrote:
YoungPunk wrote:

Also taxation is kinda a silly thing to argue about. Warren Buffet says you can raise taxes to 90% and businesses can still make money. Would be kinda dumb though..

They would make 10% of their gross profit .. question is whether they would bother for such a small return when corporate tax is typically around 20% in most other countries

I preferred high school up to age 16ish because I had much fewer problems and responsibilities. Post 16 was turbulent through sixth form and uni though there were definitely some amazing highs mixed in with lows.

Now my life is way more stable and I'm more content in general though I do fear I'll never have the same highs I used to in my teens and early twenties and that definitely nags at me. Idk what to do about that though Think
YoungPunk

• Posted: 05/21/2018 20:50
  • Post subject:
HigherThanTheSun wrote:
YoungPunk wrote:
Puncture Repair wrote:
YoungPunk wrote:

They would make 10% of their gross profit .. question is whether they would bother for such a small return when corporate tax is typically around 20% in most other countries

I preferred high school up to age 16ish because I had much fewer problems and responsibilities. Post 16 was turbulent through sixth form and uni though there were definitely some amazing highs mixed in with lows.

Now my life is way more stable and I'm more content in general though I do fear I'll never have the same highs I used to in my teens and early twenties and that definitely nags at me. Idk what to do about that though Think

So you doubt the genius of Warren Buffett! Grrr... (sarcasm)
But on a serious note I do think motivation is the main reason that taxes should be kept low. It's why I think Nobel Laureate Economists are full of it... So you are kinda right as far as I can tell..
  • Visit poster's website
Puncture Repair

• Posted: 05/22/2018 08:01
  • Post subject:
YoungPunk wrote:
Puncture Repair wrote:
YoungPunk wrote:

It's most relevant to America. Not every country has Mexico underneath it. Black/Latin ethnic groups hardly make up 1% of the population in the vast majority of European nations. How could that possibly be a metric?
undefined

• Posted: 05/22/2018 09:03
  • Post subject:
Puncture Repair wrote:
YoungPunk wrote:
Puncture Repair wrote:
YoungPunk wrote:

It's most relevant to America. Not every country has Mexico underneath it. Black/Latin ethnic groups hardly make up 1% of the population in the vast majority of European nations. How could that possibly be a metric?

I'm guessing YoungPunk is himself black and/or Mexican and is wondering how Europe will treat him as such. To which I'd respond racism is rampant globally but America does tend to be markedly worse than most of the rest of the world