stateless

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic
manurock

Spain

• Posted: 09/11/2014 10:36
  • Post subject:
antiloopje wrote:
I think I understand what you mean on that first part. Still, it feels weird to suddenly label an artist as Flemish, while Belgium still exists (which is because a majority of Flemish people are still against separation).

Now, I reread the first post and I realised users have flags too. Fur users it is different, since they have the opportunity to choose their won flag. So I could agree on them picking a flemish, scottish etc flag. But for a band? That's a lot more difficult.

I think the point was for users to be identified like that, and I think that we all agree on this including you.

I agree on the fact that it's harder for bands ie. let's say that the singer considers himself british and the drummer scottish or let's say that x artist considered himself catalan instead of spanish but after some years he decides he considers himself spanish etc. So I would keep "legal" states for them.

I hope scots don't win the referendum because this would increase pressure on us spanish by catalans. However I feel that everyone has their right to, every x years, vote for independance if there is a strong feeling in an important percentage of the population.

Interesting to see Mr Cameron argue that Scots won't become EU states because of Spain voting no to avoid Catalonia. He is probably right unless left parties win the next elections in 2015.
  • Visit poster's website
Skinny
birdman_handrub.gif

• Posted: 09/12/2014 15:05
  • Post subject:
On topic, I really hope Scotland vote Yes. As somebody with family up there (and family who are split as to which way they're voting), I went into this obviously hoping for a No vote, but the tactics of English politicians have been horrendous, full of slander and scaremongering. I don't like Salmond, but he's quite right about this. The No campaign hasn't attempted to convince voters of the positives of staying in the UK, but rather the negatives of leaving. It's depressing. They're trying to bully Scotland into staying, essentially by threatening to take their ball and go home. You know what? Fuck 'em. Go on Scotland, I really fucking hope you vote Yes. Interesting, too, to see Barca will be wearing the colours of the Senyera for the first time ever at the Nou Camp this weekend against Bilbao. A Yes vote in Scotland will certainly be well-received in Catalonia.
NowhereMan

United Kingdom

• Posted: 09/12/2014 16:19
  • Post subject:
Skinny wrote:
full of slander and scaremongering. I don't like Salmond, but he's quite right about this. The No campaign hasn't attempted to convince voters of the positives of staying in the UK, but rather the negatives of leaving. .

I agree with this, I may also add that the trio that is Cameron, Clegg and Miliband are amongst the least trusted leaders around today - especially Clegg - full of hot air and broken promises. Which therefore ensures the pledges about devolution from Westminster - and the lack of specificities about it means to me the status quo of what I have just said is here to stay IMO.

#1-#100 https://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?c=3641

#101-#200 https://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?c=49444

Check Me Out! Very Happy
  • Visit poster's website
Muslim-Bigfoot

Location: Llanfair­pwllgwyngyll­gogery­chwyrn­drobwll­llan­tysilio­gogo­goch

• Posted: 09/12/2014 17:11
  • Post subject:
I predict a turnout of 55% yes despite all these polls. Percentage of people who would vote no if they participated but will not will be higher than those who would vote yes and that's a key factor. I don't know about British society and how they treat each other but for me it's almost certain that there's a tangible ethnocentric bias and discrimination from the English side that drives these Scottish voters.
NowhereMan

United Kingdom

• Posted: 09/12/2014 17:22
  • Post subject:
The thing is though because the vote is so tight, the aftermath of polling day could get nasty - with the country split near 50/50 t could cause some fractious issues politically and economically.

#1-#100 https://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?c=3641

#101-#200 https://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?c=49444

Check Me Out! Very Happy
  • Visit poster's website
WindowAbove

United States

• Posted: 09/12/2014 18:36
  • Post subject:
I wish good luck for Scotland in their referendum.
  • Visit poster's website
alelsupreme
Awful.

United Kingdom

• Posted: 09/12/2014 19:10
  • Post subject:
I reckon it'll be a no vote - all the polls, apart from one recent blip have shown a narrow No vote.
  • Visit poster's website
suedehead

• Posted: 09/12/2014 23:30
  • Post subject:
i guess that those who'll choose for Scotland, will be more motivated to express their voice/vote.
  • Visit poster's website
HigherThanTheSun

United Kingdom

• Posted: 09/12/2014 23:57
  • Post subject:
Skinny wrote:
On topic, I really hope Scotland vote Yes. As somebody with family up there (and family who are split as to which way they're voting), I went into this obviously hoping for a No vote, but the tactics of English politicians have been horrendous, full of slander and scaremongering. I don't like Salmond, but he's quite right about this. The No campaign hasn't attempted to convince voters of the positives of staying in the UK, but rather the negatives of leaving. It's depressing. They're trying to bully Scotland into staying, essentially by threatening to take their ball and go home. You know what? Fuck 'em. Go on Scotland, I really fucking hope you vote Yes. Interesting, too, to see Barca will be wearing the colours of the Senyera for the first time ever at the Nou Camp this weekend against Bilbao. A Yes vote in Scotland will certainly be well-received in Catalonia.

Yeah, but currently Scotland is part of the UK and I think everyone understands pretty well what that means for them. What is less certain is what a Scotland would be like outside of the UK, so naturally the no campaign focuses on the idea that Scotland would be worse off if they left.

Personally I'd like to see Scotland remain part of the UK. Mainly because the UK would lose stature in the world without and I do actually think the UK's influence on the world is largely positive. Also we'd be losing a whole load of non tory MPs from westminster which isn't ideal
Kiki

• Posted: 09/28/2014 12:38
  • Post subject:
I was very happy when Scotland stayed Smile I'm very glad UK was able to have a vote.