Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
RFNAPLES
Level 8

United States

• Posted: 02/06/2011 22:08
  • Post subject:
Mr. Shankly wrote:
Moreover, for those who criticize the stimulus, are you aware that more jobs were created under Obama in two years than were created during the entire eight years of the Bush administration? ]

I don't know where you get your data (probably from the liberal press). Here is the truth:

US Beveridge Curve of economic data from 2004 through fall 2010. Data is from St. Louis Fed's FRED. Seasonally adjusted total nonfarm vacancy rate (JTSJOR) and unemployment rate (UNRATE).
  • Visit poster's website
  • Send email
  • Visit poster's website
40footwolf

United States

• Posted: 02/07/2011 08:01
  • Post subject:
Jhereko wrote:
seriously NAPLES' right wing agenda is way more of an issue than GARY's arguing. NAPLES do you know what the best illustration of the difference between those of right and left persuasion is? No one who takes a 'liberal' standpoint posts literally thousands of pieces of the weakest propaganda to try and detract from the other's view. I mean honestly what are you trying to achieve? Do you honestly think anyone who thinks along the lines of what your ridiculous posts are half-wittedly satirizing will sudden;y be convinced and go wait a minute: "I love tea bagging", "There should be no firearm control" "Obama is the worst world leader ever, worse than any totalitarian regime there has ever been". I mean seriously NAPLES what is the purpose?

I have no idea why the conservatives on this board are so much more aggressive than the liberals. My M.O. from now on is to stay out of Lounge-I prefer as few reminders that a good deal of you are complete moonbats as possible.

-John Cassavettes
  • Visit poster's website
GARY

Brunei Darussalam

• Posted: 02/07/2011 11:47
  • Post subject:
40footwolf wrote:
Jhereko wrote:
seriously NAPLES' right wing agenda is way more of an issue than GARY's arguing. NAPLES do you know what the best illustration of the difference between those of right and left persuasion is? No one who takes a 'liberal' standpoint posts literally thousands of pieces of the weakest propaganda to try and detract from the other's view. I mean honestly what are you trying to achieve? Do you honestly think anyone who thinks along the lines of what your ridiculous posts are half-wittedly satirizing will sudden;y be convinced and go wait a minute: "I love tea bagging", "There should be no firearm control" "Obama is the worst world leader ever, worse than any totalitarian regime there has ever been". I mean seriously NAPLES what is the purpose?

I have no idea why the conservatives on this board are so much more aggressive than the liberals. My M.O. from now on is to stay out of Lounge-I prefer as few reminders that a good deal of you are complete moonbats as possible.

Dancing Dancing Applause Laughing Boo hoo!

And all I got was this silly hat

• Visit poster's website
RFNAPLES
Level 8

United States

• Posted: 02/07/2011 14:00
  • Post subject:
40footwolf wrote:

The conservative view disturbs liberals because the truth often hurts.
  • Visit poster's website
  • Send email
  • Visit poster's website
Wombi

• Posted: 02/07/2011 18:36
  • Post subject:
RFNAPLES wrote:

ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
ahahahahahahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

thanks NAPLES i needed that.
thomas697

Australia

• Posted: 02/07/2011 20:32
  • Post subject:
RFNAPLES wrote:
40footwolf wrote:

It's that attitude right there "The conservative view disturbs liberals because the truth hurts" that need to be scary and edgy. It's the kind of attitude that makes your cause completely incredulous.

It was a good giggle though
Johnny Flynn

United States

• Posted: 02/07/2011 20:41
  • Post subject:
RFNAPLES wrote:
40footwolf wrote:

Seriously Naples. That is really lame. It is such a cliche thing to say.
  • Visit poster's website
RFNAPLES
Level 8

United States

• Posted: 02/07/2011 21:16
  • Post subject:

Link

• Visit poster's website
  • Send email
  • Visit poster's website
Mr. Shankly

United States

• Posted: 02/08/2011 15:10
  • Post subject:
Quote:
The truth is that The stimulus increased employment by between 1.4 million and 3.3 million people, compared with what employment would have been otherwise. That’s according to the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office.

[/quote]As we have written before, the nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office released a report in August that said the stimulus bill has "[l]owered the unemployment rate by between 0.7 percentage points and 1.8 percentage points" and "[i]ncreased the number of people employed by between 1.4 million and 3.3 million."

Simply put, more people would be unemployed if not for the stimulus bill. The exact number of jobs created and saved is difficult to estimate, but nonpartisan economists say there’s no doubt that the number is positive.
Quote:

http://www.factcheck.org/2010/09/did-th...eate-jobs/

Quote:
Former Bush adviser Karen Hughes and Democratic Rep. James Clyburn both twisted facts to make partisan points on "Meet the Press."

Hughes claimed that the "vast majority" of recent job losses happened under President Obama, when in fact slightly more jobs were lost when her former boss George W. Bush was president.

Bush’s last month in office saw a particularly severe job loss: 779,000. Adding those losses to Obama’s column and subtracting them from that of Hughes’ ex-boss would (incorrectly) put the totals at 3.6 million jobs lost under Bush and more than 4.7 million lost under Obama. Even that wouldn’t be a disparity that we would characterize as "vast." But vast or not, the comparison is wrong.

And for the record, the economy regained 1.1 million of the lost jobs during the last year, and the unemployment rate has declined from its peak of 10.1 percent, reached in October 2009.

http://www.factcheck.org/2011/01/job-lo...ankruptcy/

• Visit poster's website
RFNAPLES
Level 8

United States

• Posted: 02/08/2011 15:32
  • Post subject:
Labor Force Statistics from the Current Population Survey
Series Id: LNS12000000
Seasonally AdjustedSeries title: (Seas) Employment Level
Labor force status: Employed
Type of data: Number in thousands