64%  [44]
Total Votes : 68

pearljammer13
Young Pilgrim

United States

• Posted: 01/04/2013 11:36
  • Post subject:
Happymeal wrote:
Abstain. I don't think we can ever know if god exists or not.

Maybe true, but we can still believe.
  • Visit poster's website
thejoj96

• Posted: 01/04/2013 22:31
  • Post subject:
Happymeal wrote:
Abstain. I don't think we can ever know if god exists or not.

I actually agree with you on something for once, but based on logic it is more likely that a god or other supreme deity does not exist.
tbakeman

United States

• Posted: 01/07/2013 03:50
  • Post subject:
its alot easier not to
  • Visit poster's website
Defago
Your Most Favorite User

Peru

• Posted: 01/07/2013 04:31
  • Post subject:
tbakeman wrote:
its alot easier not to

1) It's not a matter of what's easier. Nobody ever thought "It's easier to believe X over Y" because nobody chooses what to believe.

2) Between the promise of forgiveness and eternal life and bliss alongside with all good people and the void, I'm pretty sure the former's "easier" than the latter. But then again, see point 1).
  • Visit poster's website

• Posted: 01/11/2013 17:15
  • Post subject:
pearljammer13 wrote:
Maybe true, but we can still believe.

If we think that makes any difference, or else it's like believing that there have been 3 grains of rice rolled down a certain street and that makes me the sexiest guy ever.
pearljammer13
Young Pilgrim

United States

• Posted: 01/11/2013 17:30
  • Post subject:
tekin wrote:
If we think that makes any difference, or else it's like believing that there have been 3 grains of rice rolled down a certain street and that makes me the sexiest guy ever.

I have plenty of reasons to believe, number one being that my father has been able to talk to ghosts since he was a kid. He's told me a shitload of stories about spirits not going to the light. He said he didn't like The Sixth Sense because it was too similar to his childhood. I know it sounds a little fucked up, but still cool. I don't believe in divine intervention or any shit like that, but I certainly believe there is a higher power. You can believe whatever the hell you want and i'll do the same.
  • Visit poster's website

• Posted: 01/11/2013 17:34
  • Post subject:
pearljammer13 wrote:
I have plenty of reasons to believe, number one being that my father has been able to talk to ghosts since he was a kid. He's told me a shitload of stories about spirits not going to the light. He said he didn't like The Sixth Sense because it was too similar to his childhood. I know it sounds a little fucked up, but still cool. I don't believe in divine intervention or any shit like that, but I certainly believe there is a higher power. You can believe whatever the hell you want and i'll do the same.

Yeah man, cool (v and adj)! Everyone believes in what she wants.
Jackwc
Queen Of The Forums

Canada

• Posted: 01/11/2013 20:44
  • Post subject:
pearljammer13 wrote:

No offense, but I had an aunt who said pretty much those exact same things and she turned out to be schizophrenic. Juuuust sayin'.

Music sucks. Check out my favourite movies, fam:
http://letterboxd.com/jackiegigantic/
  • Visit poster's website
pearljammer13
Young Pilgrim

United States

• Posted: 01/11/2013 21:11
  • Post subject:
Jackwc wrote:
No offense, but I had an aunt who said pretty much those exact same things and she turned out to be schizophrenic. Juuuust sayin'.

Yeah I know a lot of people with stories like this are crazy as shit, and obviously you have no reason to believe my dad is any different, but yeah I believe a lot of what he says. Weird story: the house where I grew up is located where King Phillips War happened, which was a war between the Native Americans and early New England colonists. Not going into a history lesson, but my dad says there is a young Native American girl who lives in the woods behind the house. We had horses for a couple years when I was younger, and on probably a dozen different occassions, overnight one of the horses manes would get braided with ridiculously intricate braids. It's a very quiet neighborhood and the pasture is set far back from the house, and there is almost no way some random person would walk into the barn at night and continually do this. If so that's one weird fuck. He said she loves horses and would always hang around them. Also two orange circles got painted on the rafters above the horses stall. We don't even have any orange paint. We were also told by another apparent medium that there is something odd about the woods behind that pasture. Anyways, I know it's just another weird story that most people will think is stupid, but I always thought it was so cool when I would go out there in the morning and the horse would have this insane braid she didn't have the night before. That's just one of many stories he has about spirits that haven't gone to "the light". (He also talked to his brother shortly after he died in a snow mobile accident, and he convinced him to leave his family and go to the light.) Again I know it's crazy and now a lot of you probably think I'm a weird fuck myself, but it's just one reason I do believe in God and life after death.
  • Visit poster's website
ButterThumbz
I always used to wonder if she wore false ears

United Kingdom

• Posted: 01/22/2013 13:27
  • Post subject:
pearljammer13 wrote:
I don't believe in divine intervention or any shit like that, but I certainly believe there is a higher power.

What's the use of power if you don't intervene?
  • Visit poster's website