Obama has already won

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
Sean

United States

• Posted: 01/09/2012 00:19
  • Post subject: Obama has already won
I really dont see anyway Obama doesn't win in 012'. Anyone want to argue that point

http://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?c=3385
  • Visit poster's website
weedygonsalez

• Posted: 01/09/2012 00:49
  • Post subject:
Unless Ron Paul tears off his mask, revealing he is actual Ronald Reagan come again, I am inclined to agree.
  • Visit poster's website
Mr. Shankly

United States

• Posted: 01/09/2012 02:18
  • Post subject:
Well, I've said it on another thread, but I do think the Republicans are in danger of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory, and so far they are doing a hell of job of heading in that direction. The Iowa Caucus tells the story. They have to decide, are they going to be pragmatic, or are they going to be rigidly ideological? If 1/2 the party continues to say, "We want only the most conservative candidate that fits our rigid view of America," they will lose in 2012. Moreover if the party doesn't move back toward the center, they are headed over a cliff. Someone like Rick Santorum stands zero chance of winning over a majority of the populace (Evangelicals and tea partiers are not the majority). Only a centrist can beat Obama, and that basically means Romney is the only realistic choice, but he is a candidate who has a hard time connecting with voters and being seen as genuine. I mean the guy is a total politician, a veritable car salesman. Unless of course, the country is really ready for a revolutionary candidate like Ron Paul? Probably not, though. I'd say Obama will win by a narrow margin, the same way Bush was re-elected.

I'm not happy with Obama, but I hate the Republicans! This is one of those elections, where there may not be a good choice. Brick wall
  • Visit poster's website
Jackwc
Queen Of The Forums

Canada

• Posted: 01/09/2012 06:12
  • Post subject:
I really don't like anyone this election. I might be a bit more inclined if someone took better stances on the more personal issues to me... gay and native-related stuff... but so far they either ignore it, go totally against it, or... dance vaguely around it:
http://cnsnews.com/news/article/obama-g...your-story

I mean WHAT THE FUCK DOES THAT EVEN MEAN?

Ron Paul definitely won't win this election (sorry Gary), but at this rate he may very well have a shot NEXT election, especially if Obama wins this year.

Music sucks. Check out my favourite movies, fam:
http://letterboxd.com/jackiegigantic/
  • Visit poster's website
weedygonsalez

• Posted: 01/09/2012 07:00
  • Post subject:
Electing a republican into the White House would effectively stop gay rights advancement dead in its tracks on a national level, and help spread that stagnation locally too. Obama, admittedly, has done very little personally to champion the movement, but he has fought against preventing it. It cannot be denied that, in the last 4 years, the Gay Rights Movement has been given remarkable room to grow and breathe, and has achieved great strides that reflect this.

Electing a Republican would halt this progress like a plastic bag on a toddler's head. Luckily, no Republican has a chance of winning thanks to the reasons Shankly outlined (which will become even more exaggeratedly true if Ron Paul decides to run on a third party ticket).
  • Visit poster's website
RFNAPLES
Level 8

United States

• Posted: 01/09/2012 13:05
  • Post subject:
Weedy you are wrong. Republicans are not opposed to GLBT rights; they do protect the right to marriage between heterosexuals based upon civil and religious traditions. They are not opposed to civil unions or partnerships among GLBTs. It is semantics.

Every Republican has a better than average chance of replacing Obama. While GLBT rights are important to some, they are not the most pressing issues. Consider the economy, jobs, taxes, defense, education, energy, etc.
  • Visit poster's website
  • Send email
  • Visit poster's website
RFNAPLES
Level 8

United States

• Posted: 01/09/2012 21:38
  • Post subject:

Link

• Visit poster's website
  • Send email
  • Visit poster's website
Mr. Shankly

United States

• Posted: 01/10/2012 00:46
  • Post subject:
RFNAPLES wrote:
Weedy you are wrong. Republicans are not opposed to GLBT rights; they do protect the right to marriage between heterosexuals based upon civil and religious traditions. They are not opposed to civil unions or partnerships among GLBTs. It is semantics.

Every Republican has a better than average chance of replacing Obama. While GLBT rights are important to some, they are not the most pressing issues. Consider the economy, jobs, taxes, defense, education, energy, etc.

Well, nobody knows how to play the semantics game better than the Republicans, and apparently you've been taking lessons. Ever heard of Frank Luntz?
  • Visit poster's website
40footwolf

United States

• Posted: 01/10/2012 02:30
  • Post subject:
RFNAPLES wrote:

So if it's just semantics then let them get married.

I think it's also important to point out that there are conservatives who are pro gay rights, pro abortion and pro civil liberties as a whole. Just not a one in this crop of lunatics that the party has to choose from this election season. Rational Republicans have my deepest sympathies; they're being drowned out by the fringe and they have been for years.

(and now I'm not posting any more because this forum gives me a migraine just being here)

-John Cassavettes
  • Visit poster's website
Jackwc
Queen Of The Forums

Canada

• Posted: 01/10/2012 03:50
  • Post subject:
40footwolf wrote:
RFNAPLES wrote:

So if it's just semantics then let them get married.

I think it's also important to point out that there are conservatives who are pro gay rights, pro abortion and pro civil liberties as a whole. Just not a one in this crop of lunatics that the party has to choose from this election season. Rational Republicans have my deepest sympathies; they're being drowned out by the fringe and they have been for years.

(and now I'm not posting any more because this forum gives me a migraine just being here)

NOOOOO! DON'T LEAVE ME HEEEEEEREEEE!

Music sucks. Check out my favourite movies, fam:
http://letterboxd.com/jackiegigantic/
  • Visit poster's website