Discographies

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
JMan

• Posted: 04/18/2013 00:46
  • Post subject: Discographies
Are there any entire studio or live discographies you've heard? Or what's the highest amount of albums you've heard from a single artist?
My list isn't very impressive, since all these discogs except Led Zeppelin are very short...

Discographies I've heard:
Led Zeppelin
Alice in Chains + Jar of Flies EP
Nirvana
Neutral Milk Hotel
Arcade Fire

Most albums I've heard from a single artist:
Alice Cooper (11) 15 more to go.
Led Zeppelin (9)
Alice in Chains, Scorpions, AC/DC (5)

Last edited by JMan on 04/18/2013 05:08; edited 5 times in total
MrFrogger
Where am I

United States

• Posted: 04/18/2013 00:58
  • Post subject:
Too many to count, but I'll list off a couple (Not gonna include 1 album discography's)

Radiohead
Animal Collective(and related projects)
Neutral Milk Hotel
The Beatles
The Smiths
GY!BE
The Microphones
Mount Eerie
of Montreal
Ariel Pink
Wilco
Grimes
White Stripes
Tame Impala
The Unicorns
Kanye West
MF Doom
The Shins
The Flaming Lips
Daft Punk
Deerhunter
The National
LCD Soundsystem
My BLoody Valentine
Grizzly Bear
Pavement
Dirty Projectors
Nirvana
Death Cab for Cutie
Joanna Newsom
Bon Iver
The Knife
Death Grips
Broken Social Scene
Gorillaz
Modest Mouse
Battles
Foxygen
Joy Division
Sufjan Stevens

Ok this is getting boring
  • Visit poster's website
Jasonconfused
If We Make It We Can All Sit Back and Laugh

United States

• Posted: 04/18/2013 01:01
  • Post subject:
There are a lot of artists with just a few albums so I'll only include ones that have at least 4 albums.

Led Zeppelin
The Beatles
The Sword

Hmm... that might be it.
Patman360
Serenity Now

Ireland

• Posted: 04/18/2013 01:16
  • Post subject:
Lots and lots...

• Visit poster's website
MrFrogger
Where am I

United States

• Posted: 04/18/2013 01:19
  • Post subject:
Patman360 wrote:
Lots and lots...

Yeah I eventually just gave up becuase I realized that I was wasting my life counting them. Actually, Jman might be one of the only people on here who could fit them all into a reasonably sized post.
  • Visit poster's website

• Posted: 04/18/2013 01:44
  • Post subject:
MrFrogger wrote:
MF Doom

I sincerely doubt it. I haven't a clue how far this man's discography stretches, but I've probably heard 25 (give or take) albums from it - including instrumental albums and collaborations - and I know there's still loads I've never heard.

As for the topic, I've no idea how many discographies I've listened to in full. A fair amount, probably.
MrFrogger
Where am I

United States

• Posted: 04/18/2013 01:50
  • Post subject:
lethalnezzle wrote:
I sincerely doubt it. I haven't a clue how far this man's discography stretches, but I've probably heard 25 (give or take) albums from it - including instrumental albums and collaborations - and I know there's still loads I've never heard.

I was personally talking about studio albums, that's what Jman was talking about in his original post. Looking at his discography on Wikipedia it looks like I've heard all of them, but yeah there's a shit ton of other stuff on here. Is any of it worth checking out?
  • Visit poster's website
GeevyDallas
WATTBA

• Posted: 04/18/2013 01:52
  • Post subject:
A more interesting thread might be how you tackle discographies and how you go about listening to each album and in what order,etc.

I personally try and do it in chronological order,but I'll usually be recommended a random album or pick one at random and start from there,try and move chronologically from there then.

With bands like The Cure and Sonic Youth though I listened to their 3 or 4 most reputable albums and moved sporadically from album to album then.
  • Visit poster's website

• Posted: 04/18/2013 02:08
  • Post subject:
MrFrogger wrote:
I was personally talking about studio albums, that what Jman was talking about in his original post. Looking at his discography on Wikipedia it looks like I've heard all of them, but yeah there's a shit ton of other stuff on here. Is any of it worth checking out?

Yeah, loads. I'm gonna assume you've heard everything by Dangerdoom and King Geedorah (including Monsta Island Czars) and Viktor Vaughn and JJ DOOM. I'd highly recommend anything under those names that you haven't yet heard. I'd also recommend the entire Special Herbs instrumentals series (of which there are ten volumes, not to mention Special Blends which was essentially him putting classic hip-hop vocal tracks over beats from the collection), the MF EP he did with MF Grimm, the album he produced for Masta Ace from last year (MA_DOOM: Son of Yvonne [I say produced, although the majority - if not all - the beats were culled from the aforementioned Special Herbs collections] - and, whilst your at it, check out Masta Ace's Disposable Arts and his Long Hot Summer albums), there's a mixtape floating about made up of his collaborations with Ghostface (if you can't find it, PM me and I'll upload it for you), his stuff with KMD (which I'm less keen on, but is really interesting when looking at his evolution from Zed Love X to MF Doom), not to mention all the great B-sides and rarities from over the years. There are various (badly organized) torrents floating about that contain the vast majority of that stuff, but even with those I know I'm missing stuff. You should also go see him live if you ever get the chance (and haven't already); I know there have been occasions when he's sent impostors to perform in his place, but both times I've seen him he's killed it (and it was definitely him).
MrFrogger
Where am I

United States

• Posted: 04/18/2013 02:13
  • Post subject:
lethalnezzle wrote:
Yeah, loads. I'm gonna assume you've heard everything by Dangerdoom and King Geedorah (including Monsta Island Czars) and Viktor Vaughn and JJ DOOM. I'd highly recommend anything under those names that you haven't yet heard. I'd also recommend the entire Special Herbs instrumentals series (of which there are ten volumes, not to mention Special Blends which was essentially him putting classic hip-hop vocal tracks over beats from the collection), the MF EP he did with MF Grimm, the album he produced for Masta Ace from last year (MA_DOOM: Son of Yvonne [I say produced, although the majority - if not all - the beats were culled from the aforementioned Special Herbs collections] - and, whilst your at it, check out Masta Ace's Disposable Arts and his Long Hot Summer albums), there's a mixtape floating about made up of his collaborations with Ghostface (if you can't find it, PM me and I'll upload it for you), his stuff with KMD (which I'm less keen on, but is really interesting when looking at his evolution from Zed Love X to MF Doom), not to mention all the great B-sides and rarities from over the years. There are various (badly organized) torrents floating about that contain the vast majority of that stuff, but even with those I know I'm missing stuff. You should also go see him live if you ever get the chance (and haven't already); I know there have been occasions when he's sent impostors to perform in his place, but both times I've seen him he's killed it (and it was definitely him).

Thanks a lot man, I'll be sure to check that stuff out, and no, I haven't seen him live, but I really want to, I'll be sure to catch him next time he has a Bay Area show.
  • Visit poster's website