<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<rss version="2.0" xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/">
<channel>
  <title>Best Ever Albums</title>
  <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/index.php</link>
  <description>&quot;I get by with a little help from my friends&quot; - The Beatles</description>
  <language>en</language>
  <ttl>1</ttl>
<item>
                            <title>Re: Rating Forum Posts?</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=145954#145954</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=24095'&gt;bongritsu&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 12/06/2012 21:43&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;albummaster wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;(The 'ignore' feature primarily exists to protect people from abuse or unwanted attention, so it's mainly here for those reasons.)&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;Jasonconfused wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;What's terrible about being able to ignore people? We shouldn't be forced to listen to people we find offensive or just want to avoid their harassment.&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
I feel like protecting people from abuse and harassment is the mods job. If what they are saying is not bannable you SHOULD be forced to listen to them. People are going to rub you the wrong way, deal with it. Being able to block people for their  opinions just kills conversation, which is why everyone is here.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
But considering the laid back nature of the mods on BEA (although I'm still not sure if they are laid back as everyone says because, aside from my own, I have never seen a post on this site where i thought &quot;wow ban this idiot&quot;.) maybe this feature is not so bad and/or significant.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=145954#145954</comments>
                            <dc:creator>bongritsu</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Thu, 6 Dec 2012 16:43:22 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=145954#145954</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Rating Forum Posts?</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=145945#145945</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=2'&gt;albummaster&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 12/06/2012 21:24&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          I think this idea should probably be left alone taking into account the cons that have been raised. I think it could cause a few wider issues that I hadn't considered earlier. &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
(The 'ignore' feature primarily exists to protect people from abuse or unwanted attention, so it's mainly here for those reasons.)</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=145945#145945</comments>
                            <dc:creator>albummaster</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Thu, 6 Dec 2012 16:24:21 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=145945#145945</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Rating Forum Posts?</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=145940#145940</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=-1'&gt;Anonymous&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 12/06/2012 21:15&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          I'm neutral about the whole posts ratings thing, btw.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=145940#145940</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Anonymous</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Thu, 6 Dec 2012 16:15:58 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=145940#145940</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Rating Forum Posts?</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=145939#145939</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=-1'&gt;Anonymous&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 12/06/2012 21:15&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;420BongRitsu69 wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;Ratings for individual posts are awful, opinions get snubbed, people fish for &quot;upvotes&quot; and it forms tighter cliques of people who just endlessly support each other. These may not be a problem for a site this size, but if membership and forum participation ever explodes you might have these problems.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
I also think that having the option to ignore people is terrible as well but that is off topic.&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
+1</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=145939#145939</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Anonymous</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Thu, 6 Dec 2012 16:15:08 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=145939#145939</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Rating Forum Posts?</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=145926#145926</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=24736'&gt;Jasonconfused&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 12/06/2012 20:53&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;420BongRitsu69 wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;Ratings for individual posts are awful, opinions get snubbed, people fish for &quot;upvotes&quot; and it forms tighter cliques of people who just endlessly support each other. These may not be a problem for a site this size, but if membership and forum participation ever explodes you might have these problems.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
I also think that having the option to ignore people is terrible as well but that is off topic.&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
One of the best arguments against rating posts I've heard yet. You've pretty much changed my mind on the whole thing. Tighter cliques is the last thing we need.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
What's terrible about being able to ignore people? We shouldn't be forced to listen to people we find offensive or just want to avoid their harassment.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=145926#145926</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Jasonconfused</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Thu, 6 Dec 2012 15:53:14 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=145926#145926</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Rating Forum Posts?</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=145922#145922</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=-1'&gt;Anonymous&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 12/06/2012 20:47&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Don't agree with this idea at all, we shouldn't be judging every single comment that people wish to make. Keep it as it is, we've already got enough moderators to deal with things and a report post option if anyone posts anything offensive.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=145922#145922</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Anonymous</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Thu, 6 Dec 2012 15:47:31 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=145922#145922</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Rating Forum Posts?</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=145915#145915</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=17748'&gt;19loveless91&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 12/06/2012 20:21&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Yeah I don't like ratings for posts. For all the reasons mentioned in this thread. And I guess also because I don't want to know what the opinion of the majority is (something that I realized recently)&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Not even the &quot;helpful&quot; votes in comment sections works as intended (though I do think it's neccesary), so I don't see how it will work here.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=145915#145915</comments>
                            <dc:creator>19loveless91</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Thu, 6 Dec 2012 15:21:07 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=145915#145915</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Rating Forum Posts?</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=145909#145909</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=24095'&gt;bongritsu&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 12/06/2012 20:00&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Ratings for individual posts are awful, opinions get snubbed, people fish for &quot;upvotes&quot; and it forms tighter cliques of people who just endlessly support each other. These may not be a problem for a site this size, but if membership and forum participation ever explodes you might have these problems.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
I also think that having the option to ignore people is terrible as well but that is off topic.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=145909#145909</comments>
                            <dc:creator>bongritsu</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Thu, 6 Dec 2012 15:00:57 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=145909#145909</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Rating Forum Posts?</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=145861#145861</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=21310'&gt;HigherThanTheSun&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 12/06/2012 16:09&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;SquishypuffDave wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;Maybe a non-anonymous voting system would be better, so that accountability goes both ways.&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
That's genius. I vote for this idea.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=145861#145861</comments>
                            <dc:creator>HigherThanTheSun</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Thu, 6 Dec 2012 11:09:12 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=145861#145861</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Rating Forum Posts?</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=145809#145809</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=15168'&gt;RFNAPLES&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 12/06/2012 11:48&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;albummaster wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;I'm in two minds as well at the moment. I think something like this could help improve the quality of posts, but at the same time I wouldn't want it to stifle people's opinions. Maybe there's a way of doing this that could help achieve both those things.&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
I think the solution has already been mentioned a few times.  Awarding points or thumbs up for positive/helpful comments only would encourage quality posts but would not stifle people's opinions for fear of thumbs down or negative points.  It would also discourage vendettas.  &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
The question of anonymity  still can be addressed. (After all, comments are not posted anonymously why should thumbs up/down be? &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
The point of eliminating negative points or thumbs down should also be considered for chart comments.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=145809#145809</comments>
                            <dc:creator>RFNAPLES</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Thu, 6 Dec 2012 06:48:04 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=145809#145809</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Rating Forum Posts?</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=145792#145792</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=2'&gt;albummaster&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 12/06/2012 09:29&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;SquishypuffDave wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;I'm not really digging this idea. I don't really think it suits BEA's laid-back style, I like how the forum runs as it is. I'm also wary of people getting voted down just for saying things others disagree with.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
On the other hand, the idea of less &quot;this&quot; posts is quite appealing. Maybe a non-anonymous voting system would be better, so that accountability goes both ways.&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
I'm in two minds as well at the moment. I think something like this could help improve the quality of posts, but at the same time I wouldn't want it to stifle people's opinions. Maybe there's a way of doing this that could help achieve both those things.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=145792#145792</comments>
                            <dc:creator>albummaster</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Thu, 6 Dec 2012 04:29:42 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=145792#145792</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Rating Forum Posts?</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=145753#145753</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=16699'&gt;SquishypuffDave&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 12/06/2012 05:05&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          I'm not really digging this idea. I don't really think it suits BEA's laid-back style, I like how the forum runs as it is. I'm also wary of people getting voted down just for saying things others disagree with.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
On the other hand, the idea of less &quot;this&quot; posts is quite appealing. Maybe a non-anonymous voting system would be better, so that accountability goes both ways.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
I'm not particularly fussed either way though.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=145753#145753</comments>
                            <dc:creator>SquishypuffDave</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Thu, 6 Dec 2012 00:05:59 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=145753#145753</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Rating Forum Posts?</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=145657#145657</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=-1'&gt;Anonymous&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 12/05/2012 22:50&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          it's a good idea</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=145657#145657</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Anonymous</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Wed, 5 Dec 2012 17:50:12 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=145657#145657</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Rating Forum Posts?</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=145562#145562</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=22322'&gt;Defago&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 12/05/2012 17:24&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Cool idea! I agree with the downvotes, and with posts not being worth points if they go below a vote threshold. To counter this votes above another threshold could be worth more points, too.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=145562#145562</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Defago</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Wed, 5 Dec 2012 12:24:20 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=145562#145562</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Rating Forum Posts?</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=145559#145559</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=24736'&gt;Jasonconfused&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 12/05/2012 17:08&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;Happymeal wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;Just to be fair, I disagree 5 thumbs down(unless it was a joke) should eliminate the points you get from the post. This discourages arguing against the majority.&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
This was my thought exactly. I love me some controversy when it comes to talking music. If only there was a way to ensure that people would only be given a thumbs down if the post was pointless rather than something that others just disagree with.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=145559#145559</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Jasonconfused</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Wed, 5 Dec 2012 12:08:40 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=145559#145559</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Rating Forum Posts?</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=145557#145557</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=15168'&gt;RFNAPLES&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 12/05/2012 17:05&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          I agree with the last two posters.  No thumbs down.  They tend to be used as vendettas.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=145557#145557</comments>
                            <dc:creator>RFNAPLES</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Wed, 5 Dec 2012 12:05:48 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=145557#145557</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Rating Forum Posts?</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=145550#145550</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=-1'&gt;Anonymous&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 12/05/2012 16:43&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Just to be fair, I disagree 5 thumbs down(unless it was a joke) should eliminate the points you get from the post. This discourages arguing against the majority.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=145550#145550</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Anonymous</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Wed, 5 Dec 2012 11:43:52 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=145550#145550</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Rating Forum Posts?</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=145548#145548</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=-1'&gt;Anonymous&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 12/05/2012 16:41&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;albummaster wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;I also agree with others that if this was added, a thumbs down option should also be available to keep the balance.&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Great to see support for the idea &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;Very Happy&quot;&gt;😁&lt;/span&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
I was just a little concerned that thumbs down could scare people away from the forums, which can be a little daunting in the first place. In the comments a lot of very legitimate comments gets very downvoted for simply holding an unpopular opinion, which in the case of a debate (which is more common on a forum) could make people think twice about expressing their own views.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
But whatever floats the boat.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=145548#145548</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Anonymous</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Wed, 5 Dec 2012 11:41:28 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=145548#145548</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Rating Forum Posts?</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=145541#145541</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=2'&gt;albummaster&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 12/05/2012 16:28&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;Puncture Repair wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;A few forum's I've been to have a system where you can thumbs up or up vote a post in a thread. I've always like this as a feature because it allows you to see how much of an impact something you've said has had. Sometimes I also want to give a member a nod of appreciation, but don't want to make a post that's just &quot;Good one mate&quot;. I think it could work well on BEA as well because of the points system - perhaps a thumbs up could give an extra half point?&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
It should hopefully encourage people to post more thought through posts and possibly discourage people from making to many posts in threads that no one actually reads, but instead be an active part of discussion. &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
There shouldn't be a thumbs down option though, to keep things positive.&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
I like this idea, and it could also maybe be used as a way to police the points system on the forums (in the same way that comments on the rest of the site only contribute if they have more than -2 votes). I also agree with others that if this was added, a thumbs down option should also be available to keep the balance.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=145541#145541</comments>
                            <dc:creator>albummaster</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Wed, 5 Dec 2012 11:28:23 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=145541#145541</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Rating Forum Posts?</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=145532#145532</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=-1'&gt;Anonymous&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 12/05/2012 16:01&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          All I can think of to say is... if there's a thumbs up option, there must also be a thumbs down option.  IMO.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=145532#145532</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Anonymous</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Wed, 5 Dec 2012 11:01:19 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=145532#145532</guid>
                          </item></channel></rss>