<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<rss version="2.0" xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/">
<channel>
  <title>Best Ever Albums</title>
  <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/index.php</link>
  <description>&quot;I get by with a little help from my friends&quot; - The Beatles</description>
  <language>en</language>
  <ttl>1</ttl>
<item>
                            <title>Re: The Fourth Track Rule</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=149250#149250</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=24043'&gt;sheep21&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 12/21/2012 03:25&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Agree</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=149250#149250</comments>
                            <dc:creator>sheep21</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Thu, 20 Dec 2012 22:25:26 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=149250#149250</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: The Fourth Track Rule</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=149228#149228</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=18167'&gt;jhuik&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 12/20/2012 23:34&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Mine is &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
1. Zero- Pumpkins: yes, very good indication of how I feel about this album and a good microcosm of MCATIS.&lt;br /&gt;
2. Backstreets by Springsteen. Not bad but not quite my fave here.&lt;br /&gt;
3. Caravan by Van Morrison. See what I mean here?&lt;br /&gt;
4. Getting Better from Sgt Peppers: Again, my theory holds very well. Love this track, love this album.&lt;br /&gt;
5. Stairway to Heaven, wow.&lt;br /&gt;
6. My Wife - the Who. Okay, the theory breaks down. This song is really an acquired taste for me.&lt;br /&gt;
7. Glorified G - PJ. Not my favorite on this album but a keeper nonetheless. Not really a microcosm of the album,&lt;br /&gt;
8. Breed by Nirvana. Again, not my favourite but not an unfair indication of the album as a whole. &lt;br /&gt;
9. Two Headed Boy -Aeroplane by NMH. Yup, fits awesome with the theory. &lt;br /&gt;
10. John Wayne Gacey JR by Sufjan Stevens. Yes, good inidcation of how I feel about this album.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
So, in summary, my own rule comes out about 6/10 in my own current top ten list.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=149228#149228</comments>
                            <dc:creator>jhuik</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Thu, 20 Dec 2012 18:34:26 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=149228#149228</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: The Fourth Track Rule</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=149224#149224</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=18167'&gt;jhuik&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 12/20/2012 23:22&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          I'm not saying I follow this religiously. But in general, there are many albums that use track one as a warmup or they front load the album. In either of those cases, track four is a reasonable belweather for whether the album is any good. Of course this is a very limited way of assessing an album.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=149224#149224</comments>
                            <dc:creator>jhuik</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Thu, 20 Dec 2012 18:22:26 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=149224#149224</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: The Fourth Track Rule</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=149034#149034</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=15627'&gt;videoheadcleaner&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 12/19/2012 22:52&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          My Top 10 of 2012 mix:&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Kindness - Gee Wiz&lt;br /&gt;
Oren Ambarchi - Fractured Mirror&lt;br /&gt;
Dead Can Dance - Amnesia&lt;br /&gt;
All India Radio - Golden&lt;br /&gt;
Joe McKee - An Open Mine&lt;br /&gt;
Grizzly Bear - Yet Again&lt;br /&gt;
Jeff Wayne - Forever Autumn&lt;br /&gt;
Marconi Union - Always Numb&lt;br /&gt;
Mono - Unseen Harbour&lt;br /&gt;
Something For Kate - The Kids Will Get The Money&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
To be honest, most of these are not memorable. Looking at the track listings, the third one was more likable.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=149034#149034</comments>
                            <dc:creator>videoheadcleaner</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Wed, 19 Dec 2012 17:52:02 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=149034#149034</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: The Fourth Track Rule</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=149006#149006</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=19266'&gt;revolver94&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 12/19/2012 21:56&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          I'll do mine I guess&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Pet Sounds - Don't Talk (Put Your Head On My Shoulder)&lt;br /&gt;
This is my second favorite song on the album, and by the Beach Boys. So over-representative?&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
OK Computer - Exit Music (For a Film)&lt;br /&gt;
That's fair.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Velvet Underground &amp; Nico - Venus in Furs&lt;br /&gt;
That's fair.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Kid A - How To Disappear Completely&lt;br /&gt;
Fair again.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Exile in Guyville - Dance of the Seven Veils&lt;br /&gt;
Very fair.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Is This It - Barely Legal&lt;br /&gt;
Very fair.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Violent Femmes - Add It Up&lt;br /&gt;
yeah&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
this is stupid I'm going to stop</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=149006#149006</comments>
                            <dc:creator>revolver94</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Wed, 19 Dec 2012 16:56:45 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=149006#149006</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: The Fourth Track Rule</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=148970#148970</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=-1'&gt;Anonymous&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 12/19/2012 21:08&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          There was a period of time in the 90s where I was convinced that the 8th track was the best on every CD.  But that has faded over time.  It was just a coincidence of my favorite CDs at that time.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
I see where you're going since the artist may put what they consider to be their strongest songs at the front so you skip a couple to see if you'll really like the album and not the single.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
But I'm not really buy the 4th track rule.  I think it's just a random thing if you like the 4th track or not and may not necessarily be a good indication of the rest of the album.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=148970#148970</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Anonymous</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Wed, 19 Dec 2012 16:08:22 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=148970#148970</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: The Fourth Track Rule</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=148916#148916</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=19855'&gt;joedec&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 12/19/2012 18:06&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          The Cure  -  Love Song&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Guns N' Roses  -  Out Ta Get Me&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Prince  -  Let's Pretend We're Married&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Depeche Mode  -  Halo&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Nas  -  The World is Yours&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Marvin Gaye  -  Save The Children&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Michael Jackson  -  Thriller&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Joy Division  -  Colony&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Notorious B.I.G.  -  Gimme The Loot&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Smashing Pumpkins  -  Hummer&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
The Smiths  -  Girlfriend in a Coma&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
U2  -  Until the End of the World&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
David Bowie  -  Sound and Vision&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Wu Tang Clan  -  Wu Tang: 7th Chamber&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Black Sabbath  -  Iron Man&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Nine Inch Nails  -  Sanctified</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=148916#148916</comments>
                            <dc:creator>joedec</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Wed, 19 Dec 2012 13:06:30 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=148916#148916</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: The Fourth Track Rule</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=148211#148211</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=19825'&gt;pearljammer13&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 12/16/2012 12:21&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;swedenman wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;So you never sample albums without listening to the whole thing? That sounds incredibly time-consuming.&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
typically no, I'll listen to the whole thing online and then decide if I want to order the cd and i'll wait til I get it to listen again.  Sometimes I'll listen only the first 4 or 5 songs then if I like it i'll wait til I get the cd to listen to the rest.  I don't like listening to songs out of order though, it's a weird obsession. I've just always felt the order of the album is the way the songs are meant to be listened to (when first hearing it).  It is time consuming though, your right.  Probably the biggest reason I'm not as well listened as many of the users here.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=148211#148211</comments>
                            <dc:creator>pearljammer13</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Sun, 16 Dec 2012 07:21:53 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=148211#148211</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: The Fourth Track Rule</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=148192#148192</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=-1'&gt;Anonymous&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 12/16/2012 11:01&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;pearljammer13 wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;Meh not on board with this one.  I've always felt that an artist (for the most part) puts the songs in a certain order because that's the order they want them to be heard.  Any time I listen to a new album for the first time, i'll listen to the whole thing start to finish and then decide if it's worth playing again.  I'd never judge by just one song.  The only way I wouldn't listen to the whole thing is if it was just god awful and I found nothing redeeming about it after 15-20 minutes.  Maybe the rule ends up working sometimes, but it's coincidental.  I could think of many albums where the 4th song is my favorite, and many where it's my least favorite.  Again, I've just always been a firm believer in listening to an album start to finish when getting to know it.  Then obviously you tend to jump around and pick favorites as time goes on.&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
So you never sample albums without listening to the whole thing? That sounds incredibly time-consuming.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=148192#148192</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Anonymous</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Sun, 16 Dec 2012 06:01:46 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=148192#148192</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: The Fourth Track Rule</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=148183#148183</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=-1'&gt;Anonymous&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 12/16/2012 09:01&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;pearljammer13 wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;Any time I listen to a new album for the first time, i'll listen to the whole thing start to finish and then decide if it's worth playing again.&lt;br /&gt;
The only way I wouldn't listen to the whole thing is if it was just god awful and I found nothing redeeming about it after 15-20 minutes.&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
works for me</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=148183#148183</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Anonymous</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Sun, 16 Dec 2012 04:01:25 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=148183#148183</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: The Fourth Track Rule</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=148180#148180</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=-1'&gt;Anonymous&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 12/16/2012 08:43&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Lemme see. For my top 10:&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
A Night at the Opera - You're My Best Friend: Pretty close.&lt;br /&gt;
Superunknown - Mailman: Nope. Easily the best song on the album.&lt;br /&gt;
Doolittle - I Bleed: Not so much. A good song, but not on par with most of the album.&lt;br /&gt;
Automatic for the People - Everybody Hurts: Again, not really on par with most of the album.&lt;br /&gt;
Weezer - Buddy Holly: Pretty close. Probably slightly above the average song quality on this album.&lt;br /&gt;
Leviathan - Island: Eh, I guess. Probably one of my less favorites, though.&lt;br /&gt;
Dark Side of the Moon - Great Gig in the Sky: Not really, but then again no song on this album works too well as a stand-alone (except for Brain Damage).&lt;br /&gt;
Nevermind - Breed: Yep.&lt;br /&gt;
Toxicity - Jet Pilot: Yep.&lt;br /&gt;
Siamese Dream - Hummer: Yep.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Huh. I guess it works for several, but in my experience the 4th track tends to be weaker. Idk.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=148180#148180</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Anonymous</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Sun, 16 Dec 2012 03:43:48 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=148180#148180</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: The Fourth Track Rule</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=148130#148130</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=19825'&gt;pearljammer13&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 12/16/2012 02:34&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Meh not on board with this one.  I've always felt that an artist (for the most part) puts the songs in a certain order because that's the order they want them to be heard.  Any time I listen to a new album for the first time, i'll listen to the whole thing start to finish and then decide if it's worth playing again.  I'd never judge by just one song.  The only way I wouldn't listen to the whole thing is if it was just god awful and I found nothing redeeming about it after 15-20 minutes.  Maybe the rule ends up working sometimes, but it's coincidental.  I could think of many albums where the 4th song is my favorite, and many where it's my least favorite.  Again, I've just always been a firm believer in listening to an album start to finish when getting to know it.  Then obviously you tend to jump around and pick favorites as time goes on.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=148130#148130</comments>
                            <dc:creator>pearljammer13</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Sat, 15 Dec 2012 21:34:29 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=148130#148130</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: The Fourth Track Rule</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=148128#148128</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=-1'&gt;Anonymous&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 12/16/2012 02:29&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          it only works for 12.4% of all albums</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=148128#148128</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Anonymous</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Sat, 15 Dec 2012 21:29:47 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=148128#148128</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: The Fourth Track Rule</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=148125#148125</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=22322'&gt;Defago&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 12/16/2012 01:31&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;Jasonconfused wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;Seems like one of those faulty logic things. While it could be true, there's probably just as much chance on the fifth track, or any other track. I might be more inclined to believe this if there were a reason for WHY this would be true. Like the firtrack would make more sense because it's the first impression the artist is trying to make. Or the last track because the artist wants you to remember it. Even then I don't find those to be true. A much better indicator I find is title tracks.&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Pet Sounds.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=148125#148125</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Defago</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Sat, 15 Dec 2012 20:31:48 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=148125#148125</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: The Fourth Track Rule</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=148124#148124</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=24736'&gt;Jasonconfused&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 12/16/2012 01:24&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Seems like one of those faulty logic things. While it could be true, there's probably just as much chance on the fifth track, or any other track. I might be more inclined to believe this if there were a reason for WHY this would be true. Like the firtrack would make more sense because it's the first impression the artist is trying to make. Or the last track because the artist wants you to remember it. Even then I don't find those to be true. A much better indicator I find is title tracks.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=148124#148124</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Jasonconfused</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Sat, 15 Dec 2012 20:24:26 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=148124#148124</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: The Fourth Track Rule</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=148123#148123</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=-1'&gt;Anonymous&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 12/16/2012 01:23&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          I have more of a minute-rule.  About 10-15 minutes, maybe more.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
If I really don't like the first 15 minutes, I hope they grow on me for when I try it again later.  It depends, though.  If I know the sounds in the album are something I'm not used to, I'll put in the effort to hear the whole thing through.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=148123#148123</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Anonymous</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Sat, 15 Dec 2012 20:23:48 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=148123#148123</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: The Fourth Track Rule</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=148122#148122</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=-1'&gt;Anonymous&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 12/16/2012 01:14&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;jhuik wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;A rule I have used over the past few years and have found it to work quite well. When 'trying out' a new band's new album, go directly to the fourth track and give it a listen. The fourth track of most albums is a very good indicator of your overall &quot;like or dislike&quot; of the album. Agree? Disagree?&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Not necessarily, but for some albums that theory might work.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=148122#148122</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Anonymous</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Sat, 15 Dec 2012 20:14:57 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=148122#148122</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>The Fourth Track Rule</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=148121#148121</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=18167'&gt;jhuik&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 12/16/2012 01:03&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          A rule I have used over the past few years and have found it to work quite well. When 'trying out' a new band's new album, go directly to the fourth track and give it a listen. The fourth track of most albums is a very good indicator of your overall &quot;like or dislike&quot; of the album. Agree? Disagree?</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=148121#148121</comments>
                            <dc:creator>jhuik</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Sat, 15 Dec 2012 20:03:35 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=148121#148121</guid>
                          </item></channel></rss>