<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<rss version="2.0" xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/">
<channel>
  <title>Best Ever Albums</title>
  <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/index.php</link>
  <description>&quot;I get by with a little help from my friends&quot; - The Beatles</description>
  <language>en</language>
  <ttl>1</ttl>
<item>
                            <title>Re: Alternative and indie</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=153408#153408</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=-1'&gt;Anonymous&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 01/08/2013 20:50&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          in the 80s and 90s alternative used to mean rock music that was an alternative to radio tripe. starting in the 00s, it became used as all rock music that is not experimental&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
indie used to mean music on independent labels but starting in the 00s it became a term referring to all music that is not on the radio</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=153408#153408</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Anonymous</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Tue, 8 Jan 2013 15:50:13 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=153408#153408</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Alternative and indie</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=153374#153374</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=20627'&gt;paladisiac&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 01/08/2013 18:09&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          as they were created:&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
alternative = alternative to whatever was being played on the radio at the time.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
indie = music released by independent record labels&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Of course, both have slightly different nuances to different people.  Altnerative is usually a form of rock music.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=153374#153374</comments>
                            <dc:creator>paladisiac</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Tue, 8 Jan 2013 13:09:50 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=153374#153374</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Alternative and indie</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=153372#153372</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=-1'&gt;Anonymous&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 01/08/2013 18:06&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Both are pretty malleable terms. There are some albums I wouldn't have an idea how to define (Harald Grosskopf's Synthesist, Laurel Halo's Quarantine) but it doesn't really matter. Just use your own definitions, and if people laugh at them then you're probably wrong. So change them.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=153372#153372</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Anonymous</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Tue, 8 Jan 2013 13:06:34 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=153372#153372</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Alternative and indie</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=153363#153363</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=19428'&gt;RoundTheBend&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 01/08/2013 17:27&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          oh, and how do I get this in my siggie? I have tried [url] &lt;a href=&quot;http://www.thestrut.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/thomgif.gif&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot; rel=&quot;nofollow&quot;&gt;http://www.thestrut.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/thomgif.gif&lt;/a&gt; [/url] without the space of course, like this:&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;div class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;    &lt;img src=&quot;http://www.thestrut.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/thomgif.gif&quot; class=&quot;postimg&quot; style=&quot;cursor:pointer;&quot;  onclick=&quot;window.open('http://www.thestrut.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/thomgif.gif','imgpop','width=483,height=277,status=no,toolbar=no,menubar=no');return false&quot; /&gt;    &lt;span class=&quot;hidden-md hidden-lg&quot;&gt;&lt;small&gt;&lt;br&gt;&lt;i&gt;&lt;/i&gt;&lt;/small&gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/div&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
But it doesn't keep, it just keeps the img link?[/img]</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=153363#153363</comments>
                            <dc:creator>RoundTheBend</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Tue, 8 Jan 2013 12:27:34 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=153363#153363</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Alternative and indie</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=153359#153359</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=19428'&gt;RoundTheBend&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 01/08/2013 17:22&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          I think it is confusing because both terms have been perverted. &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Alternative rock could be Dinosaur Jr. AND Matchbox 20 in todays terms (see list of alternative artists in wiki, but I think the latter doesn't belong.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=153359#153359</comments>
                            <dc:creator>RoundTheBend</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Tue, 8 Jan 2013 12:22:34 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=153359#153359</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Alternative and indie</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=153350#153350</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=-1'&gt;Anonymous&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 01/08/2013 16:29&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          At it's roots indie just means it hasn't been signed by a record company - but of course in reality it's just used mostly as a way to sound hipster and appeal to people who are against &quot;the man&quot;.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Sound wise I tend to think Alternative Rock is a little heavier than Indie, and Indie tends to be more experimental, quirky and features low production.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=153350#153350</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Anonymous</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Tue, 8 Jan 2013 11:29:05 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=153350#153350</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Alternative and indie</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=153346#153346</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=23168'&gt;drakonium&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 01/08/2013 16:25&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Hi everyone!&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
I hope the question hasn't already been asked, but... What is the difference between alternative and indie rock? At first I thought alternative was edgier and rawer than indie, but Pavement is indie, and I thought that indie was more about sweet melodies, but Blur is alternative...&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
I often hear that these categories are artificial, but if they exist, there still must be a difference...</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=153346#153346</comments>
                            <dc:creator>drakonium</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Tue, 8 Jan 2013 11:25:08 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=153346#153346</guid>
                          </item></channel></rss>