<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<rss version="2.0" xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/">
<channel>
  <title>Best Ever Albums</title>
  <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/index.php</link>
  <description>&quot;I get by with a little help from my friends&quot; - The Beatles</description>
  <language>en</language>
  <ttl>1</ttl>
<item>
                            <title>Re: Jeff vs Jeff</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=189974#189974</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=25399'&gt;MrFrogger&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 04/08/2013 00:32&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;Patman360 wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;For a first post that's pretty well done (Still prefer Magnum however).&lt;br /&gt;
 =D&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
Yeah I agree, Magnum's still the man though, although you've convinced me to check out Buckly more</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=189974#189974</comments>
                            <dc:creator>MrFrogger</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Sun, 7 Apr 2013 20:32:42 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=189974#189974</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Jeff vs Jeff</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=189971#189971</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=18170'&gt;Patman360&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 04/08/2013 00:30&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;JohnRevolta wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;Since I can't post videos--look up the following on YouTube:&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
username: MojoPin1983 - Watch the Mojo Pin at Glastonbury video.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
As well watch: Jeff Buckley - Grace BBC Late Show and or Grace NPA Live 1995&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Jeff Buckley Dream Brother Live in Chicago&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Will do!&lt;br /&gt;
Stay with the site and you'll be able to post them soon enough.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=189971#189971</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Patman360</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Sun, 7 Apr 2013 20:30:59 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=189971#189971</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Jeff vs Jeff</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=189968#189968</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=26171'&gt;JohnRevolta&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 04/08/2013 00:28&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Since I can't post videos--look up the following on YouTube:&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
username: MojoPin1983 - Watch the Mojo Pin at Glastonbury video.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
As well watch: Jeff Buckley - Grace BBC Late Show and or Grace NPA Live 1995&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Jeff Buckley Dream Brother Live in Chicago</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=189968#189968</comments>
                            <dc:creator>JohnRevolta</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Sun, 7 Apr 2013 20:28:22 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=189968#189968</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Jeff vs Jeff</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=189964#189964</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=-1'&gt;Anonymous&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 04/08/2013 00:25&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Welcome to the site!  I can't wait to see your chart!&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
You freaking murdered Magnum. &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;Laughing&quot;&gt;đź¤Ł&lt;/span&gt;</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=189964#189964</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Anonymous</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Sun, 7 Apr 2013 20:25:18 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=189964#189964</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Jeff vs Jeff</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=189963#189963</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=26171'&gt;JohnRevolta&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 04/08/2013 00:22&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          lol, totally.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=189963#189963</comments>
                            <dc:creator>JohnRevolta</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Sun, 7 Apr 2013 20:22:11 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=189963#189963</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Jeff vs Jeff</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=189955#189955</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=18170'&gt;Patman360&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 04/08/2013 00:10&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          For a first post that's pretty well done (Still prefer Magnum however).&lt;br /&gt;
 &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;Applause&quot;&gt;đź'Ź&lt;/span&gt;</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=189955#189955</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Patman360</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Sun, 7 Apr 2013 20:10:58 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=189955#189955</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Jeff vs Jeff</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=189952#189952</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=25399'&gt;MrFrogger&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 04/08/2013 00:03&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          ^ So you voted for Magnum then?</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=189952#189952</comments>
                            <dc:creator>MrFrogger</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Sun, 7 Apr 2013 20:03:28 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=189952#189952</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Jeff vs Jeff</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=189949#189949</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=26171'&gt;JohnRevolta&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 04/08/2013 00:01&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Jeff Buckley is possibly the most talented all around musician from the last century.  He was a once in a lifetime talent.  Anyone who thinks he is overrated is simply a twit--not liking his music is fair enough.  &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
There's not a single musician that could pull off The Way Young Lovers Do, the way Jeff performed it.  Since I can't post video links yet, I'll post some quotes about Jeff that should solidify him as the real deal.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Technically he was the best singer that appeared, that had appeared, probably, I'm not being too liberal about this if I say in two decades. I started to play Grace constantly, constantly and the more, the more I listened to the album, the more, the more I heard -- the more I appreciated of Jeff and Jeff's talents and Jeff's total ability to which he was just a wizard and it was close to being my favorite album of the decade. We actually made a point of going to hear him play and seeing and it was absolutely scary. One of the things is a little frightening was that I was convinced that he probably did things in tunings and he didn't. He was doing things in standard tuning. I thought, oh gee he really is clever isn't he ? He quite clearly had his feet on the ground and he said his imagination was flying, flying way, way out there, beyond, beyond. Jeff Buckley was one of the greatest losses of all.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
    Jimmy Page â€“ Guitarist from Led Zeppelin/The Yardbirds/solo from the BBC Documentary &quot;Everybody Here Wants You&quot;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
The album that I've been listening to for the last 18 months is Grace by Jeff Buckley. He is a great, great singer. He has such an emotional range, doing songs by Benjamin Britten and Leonard Cohen as well as his own - such technique and command. When the Page/Plant tour hit Australia, we saw them and we were knocked out. It was very moving. Someone heckled him from the audience - 'Stop playing that heavy stuff!' - but he made the perfect reply: 'Music should be like making love - sometimes you want it soft and tender, other times you want it hard and aggressive.' I felt he paid us a great compliment with his music in that style.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
    Jimmy Page â€“ Guitarist from Led Zeppelin/The Yardbirds/solo from Mojo Magazine, January 1997&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
He quite clearly had his feet on the ground and his head and his imagination was flying way, way out there, beyond, beyond.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
    Jimmy Page â€“ Guitarist from Led Zeppelin/The Yardbirds/solo from the BBC Documentary &quot;Everybody Here Wants You&quot;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
We were talking earlier about lyrics and beautiful lyrics. That particular period that we've been dwelling upon this evening, partly and in fact definitely was a time for prolific writing. Recently, not too long ago we lost one of the better, most beautiful caucasian singers, Jeff Buckley, sadly, way, way out to lose such a talent and such a heart.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
    Robert Plant Singer from Led Zeppelin/The Honeydrippers/Page &amp; Plant/Strange Sensation, Band of Joy/solo from VH1 Storytellers, June 2002&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
You mentioned two spectacular vocalists there (Jeff Buckley and Freddie Mercury) I mean, both of whom had much better chops than me. I mean real great, great singers. Jeff Buckley's voice. I was playing with Jimmy in the mid 90s when we were working with an Egyptian ensemble and we played a festival in Switzerland and Jeff Buckley was playing and we went to see him and it was mind altering, his voice. Spectacular singing and so much conviction.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
    Robert Plant Singer from Led Zeppelin/The Honeydrippers/Page &amp; Plant/Strange Sensation, Band of Joy/solo from Q TV, October 2010&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
On the subject of dedication to a craft in addition talent, I was and especially the singing, were so original, so powerful, and so accomplished, that the tragedy of his loss, after making only the one record (though a flood of demos and live recordings was released in his wake), seemed ever more poignant. It was clear to me that Jeff Buckley had been one of the few Great Ones, a one-in-a-billion talent, a true voice of his generation, and at thirty, he had hardly begun. Whatever is left behind in the passing of a rare talent, so much is always lost.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
    Neil Peart drummer from Rush from the book, Traveling Music: Play Back the Soundtrack to My Life and Times.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Jeff was somebody who would have been one of those people that influenced other singers. He was an amazing singer. I had an idea of what his music meant to people, because he did this amazing thing in such a short period of time. He's going to be the most important artist to so many people throughout their lives. We were really good friends, and as an individual he was different from any other friend I've had. I was looking forward to a long friendship with him. As an artist he was one of the few people, that really inspired me. I was counting on him, to be one of the persons, who would pressure me to move my limits, in many years to come. It's very important to have this kind of challenge, someone, who inspires you to grow with the challenge. That push, to get you to do new things, is very healthy, and Jeff was one of those people, who inspired you to expand your way of thinking, about yourself and music.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
    Chris Cornell â€“ Singer/Guitarist from Soundgarden/Audioslave/Temple of the Dog/solo from Jeff Buckley Newsletter, November 5, 1999&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
He could have literally been doing anything, musically, that he wanted to do. And I would think of it like I would think of it like Jimi Hendrix, where there's no real way to predict it, because he could have done anything. He had a way of playing the most beautiful songs you've ever heard and singing them, and still with the way that he sang, create a bit of an uncomfortable edge to it if he felt like it. And he did that mostly with his voice.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
    Chris Cornell â€“ Singer/Guitarist from Soundgarden/Audioslave/Temple of the Dog/solo from NBC Edgewise Tribute on MSNBC from 1997.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Kurt was fairly quiet and introverted most of the time. Jeff was the opposite. He was very much full of life and had a lot to say. He was somebody in love with experiencing everything. Within a very short time, he had all these famous old rock stars coming to his shows, which put a lot of pressure on him. People talked about his concerts the way they used to talk about Hendrix. They'd sit there, wide-eyed, telling you stories about him. He definitely had an aura. It's impossible to say what it is exactly a guy like that has, that is so attractive to other people. But he had more of it than anyone I had ever met.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
    Chris Cornell â€“ Singer/Guitarist from Soundgarden/Audioslave/Temple of the Dog/solo&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Both songs are beautiful (Lilac Wine, James Shelton, and Corpus Christi Carol by Benjamin Britten). It's my tribute to Jeff. The record he has left is very emotional, very beautiful. An intriguing work, challenging. Using only his voice, he reaches regions (of) unimaginable feeling. But, while recording the songs he chose for himself, I am not stealing it because they are two very different visions. I think he would approve. I have the impression that Jeff Buckley, although he had a very brief passage through life, has become something like Jimi Hendrix, whose presence remains forever.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
    Jeff Beck Guitarist from The Yardbirds/The Jeff Beck Group/The Honeydrippers/Beck. Bogert &amp; Appice/Stevie Ray Vaughan/Big Town Playboys/Upp/Eric Clapton&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
People my age all flocked to see Jeff, you know. Because we were so, just to hear that voice again. He would have been so pissed off with it by now. All these old toothless hags hanging around the stage door you know. He was just shit hot, I gotta say.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
    Chrissie Hynde from the BBC Documentary &quot;Everybody Here Wants You&quot;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
The last few records that I bought that I really enjoyed... Jeff Buckley. It wailed me. I was, like, walking around in tears, just so grateful that I discovered this record.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
    Steve Vai â€“ Guitarist from Virtual Guitar Magazine&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Jeff Buckley was a pure drop in an ocean of noise.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
    Bono of U2 from Mojo Magazine, August 1997&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
I hope that people who liked him resist the temptation to turn his life and death into some dumb romantic fantasy--he was so much better than that. Not everyone can get up and sing something they take a liking to and make it their own, sing true to their heart and be curious about all different strains of music. Corpus Christi Carol was a completely conceived interpretation. I'd never heard the piece before and when I heard the original I realised what Jeff had done was even more amazing. He'd taken it into his own world. That's something my favorite classical musicians can do, be themselves but use all that expertise to make the music more beautiful. Jeff did that naturally. Only a handful of people are capable of that. I was amazed when he did meltdown. I asked him what he wanted to sing and he said he'd like to do one of Mahler's Kindertotenlieder in the original German! Absolutely fucking fearless. He was convinced he could sing it without rehearsal, just because he liked it. In the end he did a Purcell song, Dido's Lament, which is in danger of sounding incredibly poignant in retrospect: 'Remember me but forget my fate'. But he also sang Boy With the Thorn In His Side because he liked it, and Grace to show something of himself. When he started singing Dido's Lament at the rehearsal, there were all these classical musicians who could not believe it. Here's a guy shuffling up on-stage and singing a piece of music normally thought to be the property of certain types of specifically developed voice, and he's just singing, not doing it like a party piece, but doing something with it. My last memory of him was at the little party in the green room afterwards. There were all these people sitting round Jeff who'd never met before - Fretwork, the viol group, a classical pianist and some jazz player --all talking and laughing about music. He'd charmed everybody. I'd much rather remember that than anything.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
    Elvis Costello from Mojo Magazine, August 1997.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
    GAP: Who is your favorite musical artist?&lt;br /&gt;
    Brandon Boyd: Jeff Buckley&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
When he came out everyone was a little afraid to commit. Well not everybody, but a lot of popular artists were afraid to commit completely to what they were doing. They kind of used irony as a sheet around them, kind of protecting them from having to own up to what they said. Not only did he have one of the best voices I have ever heard, he was one hundred percent committed to what he was doing. He was unabashedly romantic in his lyrics and the way he sang. He got some flack for it while he was alive, and it sucks because when someone dies people start to say maybe he was awesome and they begin to analyze it differently. For those reasons, and I can go on forever about the guy. His voice has been influential to a lot of current artists, to people who might not even admit it really. Just his range and where he would even try to go with his voice. The guts to go from one octave to two above. Not a lot of people are doing that...so also his falsetto influence has influenced me as well.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
        Brandon Boyd of Incubus from GAP Fall 2005 Backstage Pass &quot;Their Favorite Things&quot;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Dr. Drew: What will you remember most about the '90's?&lt;br /&gt;
Sebastian Bach: The album Grace by Jeff Buckley. Unless you've heard it, you wouldn't know why.&lt;br /&gt;
Dr. Drew: What's your favorite album for a night of steamy monkey love?&lt;br /&gt;
Sebastian Bach: Jeff Buckley's Grace is the most romantic, sensual album I've heard in my life.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
    Sebastian Bach â€“ Skid Row from Dr. Drew Online Interview &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Q:What are you listening to on your Walkman?&lt;br /&gt;
A: I listen to Jeff Buckley. He's my favorite singer. We actually cover a Jeff Buckley tune called &quot;Eternal Life&quot; in our set. When he died it really hit me, because he was an incredible singer who only did one album, Grace, and his voice was so beautiful that I couldn't believe it when he died. Since he's not around to sing songs anymore, we decided we'd give it a shot.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
    Sebastian Bach â€“ Skid Row&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
You ever heard of a guy named Jeff Buckley? He's one of the best singers I've ever heard.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
    Sebastian Bach â€“ Skid Row from Skid Row's Forever Wild DVD, before covering Eternal Life&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
My singing used to be awful,&quot; admits Folds. &quot;I don't have Jeff Buckley's voice. I don't write songs as an excuse to hear myself sing. It's the other way around: I sing so I can hear my songs. It can be kind of scary. You're on the radio next to -- well, on the shelf next to Jeff Buckley. We're in the B's. People can flip through and pick up his record instead and hear a lot better singer. He has that knack. I've had to really work at it. Of course, he probably doesn't play piano as well as me. I'm not going to get all competitive with the guy because obviously he's not doing so well these days.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
    Ben Folds of Ben Folds Five, from CMJ, February 1998.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&quot;I had this really interesting whispering vibrato. It sounded so intimate and spiritual and ethereal, and it reminded me of Jeff a bit. I think I can sing with just about anybody, but he's one of the few singers who truly intimidates me. He's one of the best I've ever heard.&quot;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
    John Legend from Rolling Stone Magazine Interview&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
I think he had one of the best voices I've ever heard.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
    Fred Schneider â€“ B-52's, from segment #73 of VH1's 100 Greatest Albums of Rock &amp; Roll&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Even if he didn't sell a huge amount of records in the U.S., he had a lot of impact...&lt;br /&gt;
On writing &quot;Grace&quot;:&lt;br /&gt;
I just had faith that whatever he did would be good...I was stunned -- it was so beautiful and perfect...It surpassed anything that I thought he was going to do...I remember thinking, man, this music will shake the world. I was just scared by it.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
    Gary Lucas â€“ Guitarist â€“ from Press-Enterprise, June 29, 1997&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Even if he didn't sell a huge amount of records in the U.S., he had a lot of impact...&lt;br /&gt;
On writing &quot;Grace&quot;:&lt;br /&gt;
I just had faith that whatever he did would be good...I was stunned -- it was so beautiful and perfect...It surpassed anything that I thought he was going to do...I remember thinking, man, this music will shake the world. I was just scared by it.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
    Gary Lucas â€“ Guitarist â€“ from Press-Enterprise, June 29, 1997&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
I don't hear that many current records that really change my life... I've found it in Jeff Buckley, and I find it in BjĂ¶rk on occasion.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
    Daniel Lanois â€“ Music Producer, from (&quot;Listen to This!: Leading Musicians Recommend Their Favorite Recordings&quot; by In Alan Reder and John BaxterĂ­s)&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
He was just really spontaneous and it was just exciting. I was having a hard time in the band I was in and so to meet Jeffrey was just like being given a set of paints. Do you know what I mean? It was just like I had all this color in my life again. I mean he idolized me before he met me. It's kind of creepy and I, I was like that with him. This is embarrassing but it's the truth. I just couldn't help falling in love with him. He was adorable. I read his diaries, he read mine, you know we'd just swap, we'd literally just hand over this very personal stuff and I've never done that with anybody else. I don't know if he has. So in some ways it was very, there was a great deal of intimacy but then there'd be times when I'd just think &quot;oh no, I'm just not penetrating this Jeff Buckley boy at all. I just felt like a groupie or something sometimes. It wasn't like being his partner at all. He just had something you wanted, it didn't matter who you were.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
    Liz Fraser â€“ Cocteau Twins/This Mortal Coil from the BBC Documentary &quot;Everybody Here Wants You&quot;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Never heard, such a range, and such a purity. When he would place one note next to the other, you could actually see its, kind of, roundness.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
    Kenny Kaye â€“ Music Producer â€“ from NBC Edgewise Tribute on MSNBC from 1997.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
I saw my favorite bands, Rage Against the Machine ten years ago also Jeff Buckley in '94 so as well i learned a lot about music through coming to this festival so it means lot to me to taking chance to headlining here.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
    Matthew Bellamy - Muse Frontman - from the interview in Reading Festival 2006&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
I wanted to fuse together my favorite elements of rock and soul singers into something I could call my own. The inflections of Stevie Wonder with the soaring qualities of someone like Buckley. It was his emotional intensity that inspired me more than anything. Also, Jeff came along at a time most singers werenâ€™t using their upper register. His approach helped me embrace the fact that I was a tenor. I owe that guy a lot.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
    Myles Kennedy - Alter Bridge Frontman from an online Jamie Vendera interview&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
â€śNever have I seen such infinite musical potential in anyone,â€ť â€śItâ€™s just gone. Itâ€™s chilling how much it hurts.â€ť&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Ben Harper&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
â€śMan I had this Guy with me once ... and we were sittin' down and talkin' and jammin'... He played has version of Indifference for me... man I tell ya... I' ll never forget the way He did it... I was just fuckin' speechless... one of the most memorable moments of my life... I just wish I had seen him more.â€ť&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Eddie Vedder - Monkeywrench Radio&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
In February of [1997], Buckley introduced a set's worth of new songs at the Knitting Factory. Many were exceptionally good. Lou Reed was in the audience and he said he'd like to work with Buckley. Tom Verlaine was also there and signed on to produce his demos. That week David Bowie was quoted in Pulse magazine calling Grace one of the 10 albums he'd bring with him to a desert island, and Jimmy Page was on the cover of Mojo holding up Grace and calling it &quot;The best thing I've heard all year.&quot; When all this was mentioned to Buckley he laughed and said yes, he had built a great following among 50-year-old rock stars.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
That should suffice.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=189949#189949</comments>
                            <dc:creator>JohnRevolta</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Sun, 7 Apr 2013 20:01:37 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=189949#189949</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Jeff vs Jeff</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=189644#189644</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=-1'&gt;Anonymous&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 04/07/2013 17:04&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          On what criteria? If you mean singing ability, obviously Buckley by miles, but if you mean songwriting ability I'd probably give a slight edge to Mangum.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=189644#189644</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Anonymous</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Sun, 7 Apr 2013 13:04:00 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=189644#189644</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Jeff vs Jeff</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=189567#189567</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=25152'&gt;ColumnatedRuins&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 04/07/2013 14:52&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Mangum is the only artist here that has made a record I love. Jeff Beck is boring &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
for the record, Tim Buckley &gt; Jeff Magnum &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; Jeff Buckley. I think that covers all of it</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=189567#189567</comments>
                            <dc:creator>ColumnatedRuins</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Sun, 7 Apr 2013 10:52:32 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=189567#189567</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Jeff vs Jeff</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=189544#189544</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=24970'&gt;Cymro2011&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 04/07/2013 13:46&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;Mercurydylan89 wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;Jeff Buckley is one of the most overrated artists ever to grace planet earth.&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=189544#189544</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Cymro2011</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Sun, 7 Apr 2013 09:46:13 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=189544#189544</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Jeff vs Jeff</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=189542#189542</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=25123'&gt;Mercury&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 04/07/2013 13:41&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;purple wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;This. One of the best frontmen ever&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Totally. I always found him similar to Frank Black. I love them both, but prime Jeffery lee on Fire of Love or Miami is hard to beat!</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=189542#189542</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Mercury</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Sun, 7 Apr 2013 09:41:25 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=189542#189542</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Jeff vs Jeff</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=189425#189425</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=-1'&gt;Anonymous&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 04/07/2013 05:13&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;Mercurydylan89 wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;Jeffrey Lee Pierce&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
This. One of the best frontmen ever</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=189425#189425</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Anonymous</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Sun, 7 Apr 2013 01:13:23 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=189425#189425</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Jeff vs Jeff</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=189397#189397</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=-1'&gt;Anonymous&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 04/07/2013 04:50&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          I don't feel like listing all the other Jeffs in music or otherwise like others in this thread have taken to doing so I'll just say this. Jeff Mangum, by so much it's not even funny. Buckley doesn't even slightly compare for me.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=189397#189397</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Anonymous</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Sun, 7 Apr 2013 00:50:16 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=189397#189397</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Jeff vs Jeff</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=189375#189375</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=25123'&gt;Mercury&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 04/07/2013 03:26&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Jeffrey Lee Pierce is my final answer</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=189375#189375</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Mercury</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Sat, 6 Apr 2013 23:26:36 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=189375#189375</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Jeff vs Jeff</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=189372#189372</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=18173'&gt;Romanelli&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 04/07/2013 03:12&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;MrFrogger wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;Mangum had 2 &lt;span style=&quot;font-weight: bold&quot;&gt;good&lt;/span&gt; albums&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Fixed....</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=189372#189372</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Romanelli</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Sat, 6 Apr 2013 23:12:17 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=189372#189372</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Jeff vs Jeff</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=189339#189339</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=25399'&gt;MrFrogger&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 04/07/2013 00:12&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;Happymeal wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;And so did Buckley.&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
Haven't heard the 2nd one</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=189339#189339</comments>
                            <dc:creator>MrFrogger</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Sat, 6 Apr 2013 20:12:56 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=189339#189339</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Jeff vs Jeff</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=189337#189337</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=-1'&gt;Anonymous&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 04/07/2013 00:10&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;MrFrogger wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;Mangum had 2 great albums&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
And so did Buckley.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=189337#189337</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Anonymous</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Sat, 6 Apr 2013 20:10:39 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=189337#189337</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Jeff vs Jeff</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=189335#189335</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=25399'&gt;MrFrogger&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 04/07/2013 00:07&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;Ochurch25 wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;Buckley and Mangum are more similar though:&lt;br /&gt;
Both American&lt;br /&gt;
Both had one great album&lt;br /&gt;
Both albums released in 90s&lt;br /&gt;
...&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
Mangum had 2 great albums</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=189335#189335</comments>
                            <dc:creator>MrFrogger</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Sat, 6 Apr 2013 20:07:57 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=189335#189335</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Jeff vs Jeff</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=189304#189304</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=-1'&gt;Anonymous&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 04/06/2013 22:57&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;sheep21 wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;Where the hell if Jeff Beck?&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Buckley and Mangum are more similar though:&lt;br /&gt;
Both American&lt;br /&gt;
Both had one great album&lt;br /&gt;
Both albums released in 90s&lt;br /&gt;
...</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=189304#189304</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Anonymous</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Sat, 6 Apr 2013 18:57:52 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=189304#189304</guid>
                          </item></channel></rss>