<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<rss version="2.0" xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/">
<channel>
  <title>Best Ever Albums</title>
  <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/index.php</link>
  <description>&quot;I get by with a little help from my friends&quot; - The Beatles</description>
  <language>en</language>
  <ttl>1</ttl>
<item>
                            <title>Re: User Pick #89: The Parable of Arable Land [Gollux]</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=326348#326348</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=25885'&gt;meccalecca&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 06/25/2014 16:21&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;noWaxJim wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;Scaruffi wank-fodder.&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Pretty much.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Before listening to Parable, I kept reading comparisons to Velvet Underground, and then I listened and thought what the fuck!?&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
There's no doubt some interesting ideas on the album that proved very influential, but as a listening experience, I find it to be far less appealing than the legendary status Saruffi worshipers place on it.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=326348#326348</comments>
                            <dc:creator>meccalecca</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Wed, 25 Jun 2014 12:21:07 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=326348#326348</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: User Pick #89: The Parable of Arable Land [Gollux]</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=326304#326304</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=21604'&gt;TracyJacks&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 06/25/2014 08:06&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Great album, one of my favourites from the 60s although I can see the point if someone dislikes it. It's just the kind of album that you either love or can't stand it, no middle way.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=326304#326304</comments>
                            <dc:creator>TracyJacks</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Wed, 25 Jun 2014 04:06:46 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=326304#326304</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: User Pick #89: The Parable of Arable Land [Gollux]</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=326184#326184</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=17730'&gt;Jimmy Dread&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 06/24/2014 19:11&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;Skinny wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;I can't stand this fucking record. Weird for the sake of being weird. One of the most irritating listening experiences I've ever had. Seriously, this shit makes Metal Machine Music seem palatable.&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
This. Scaruffi wank-fodder.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=326184#326184</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Jimmy Dread</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Tue, 24 Jun 2014 15:11:06 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=326184#326184</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: User Pick #89: The Parable of Arable Land [Gollux]</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=326148#326148</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=-1'&gt;Anonymous&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 06/24/2014 15:37&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;Skinny wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;I can't stand this fucking record. Weird for the sake of being weird. One of the most irritating listening experiences I've ever had. Seriously, this shit makes Metal Machine Music seem palatable.&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
I completely agree about the free form parts, though the record is not all made by them.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=326148#326148</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Anonymous</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Tue, 24 Jun 2014 11:37:51 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=326148#326148</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: User Pick #89: The Parable of Arable Land [Gollux]</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=326124#326124</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=29018'&gt;Hammy&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 06/24/2014 13:17&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          it's true what they say, everything is bigger in Texas, well in this case trippier. &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
the songs are good, the free form freak-outs have their own appeal as delicious chaotic noise and still even those pieces have something going on that glues the noise together. Keeping them from becoming utterly incomprehensible to the listener. &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
one of my favorites of the 60's, serious landmark psych release. track picks: &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;span style=&quot;font-style: italic&quot;&gt;Free Form Freak-Out #1/Hurricane Fighter Plane &lt;br /&gt;
War Sucks&lt;br /&gt;
Former Reflections Enduring Doubt&lt;/span&gt;</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=326124#326124</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Hammy</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Tue, 24 Jun 2014 09:17:25 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=326124#326124</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: User Pick #89: The Parable of Arable Land [Gollux]</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=326118#326118</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=29804'&gt;floydpompeiilp5&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 06/24/2014 12:17&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          I really like the second and fifth free forms, the rest is ok to me. Someday i will explore them more.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=326118#326118</comments>
                            <dc:creator>floydpompeiilp5</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Tue, 24 Jun 2014 08:17:21 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=326118#326118</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: User Pick #89: The Parable of Arable Land [Gollux]</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=326071#326071</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=-1'&gt;Anonymous&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 06/24/2014 03:50&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;Skinny wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;I can't stand this fucking record. Weird for the sake of being weird. One of the most irritating listening experiences I've ever had. Seriously, this shit makes Metal Machine Music seem palatable.&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Oh come on, the noise freak-outs maybe but Transparent Radiation is an absolutely killer psych song. Eh, whatever&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Anyways I love this album and it's a landmark psychedelic release. Took what the 13th Floor Elevators were doing and notched up the trippiness ten fold. Like said, Transparent Radiation is a psych land mark, along with Hurricane Fighter Plane. The noise freak-outs I can understand people not being into, but I just get so lost in this album every time, maybe it's a high thing. I don't know, but fuck they inspired the shit out of Spacemen 3 and they're pretty great. Been listening to this one a lot lately, anyways.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=326071#326071</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Anonymous</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Mon, 23 Jun 2014 23:50:50 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=326071#326071</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: User Pick #89: The Parable of Arable Land [Gollux]</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=326031#326031</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=24660'&gt;SuedeSwede&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 06/24/2014 00:22&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;Skinny wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;I can't stand this fucking record. &lt;span style=&quot;font-weight: bold&quot;&gt;Weird for the sake of being weird.&lt;/span&gt; One of the most irritating listening experiences I've ever had. Seriously, this shit makes Metal Machine Music seem palatable.&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
I mean, sure, I understand how the frequent jams come across as this, but honestly I can't see how the songs in between the jams are that in-your-face &quot;2deep4u&quot; stuff.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=326031#326031</comments>
                            <dc:creator>SuedeSwede</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Mon, 23 Jun 2014 20:22:34 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=326031#326031</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: User Pick #89: The Parable of Arable Land [Gollux]</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=326025#326025</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=29810'&gt;Skinny&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 06/23/2014 23:49&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          I can't stand this fucking record. Weird for the sake of being weird. One of the most irritating listening experiences I've ever had. Seriously, this shit makes Metal Machine Music seem palatable.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=326025#326025</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Skinny</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Mon, 23 Jun 2014 19:49:21 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=326025#326025</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: User Pick #89: The Parable of Arable Land [Gollux]</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=326014#326014</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=24660'&gt;SuedeSwede&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 06/23/2014 23:24&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          The insane-calm-insane-calm structure going on is great. It throws you off then puts you back in place, it's a mind trick. This album sounds like avant trash in the first minute, but becomes fabulous.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=326014#326014</comments>
                            <dc:creator>SuedeSwede</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Mon, 23 Jun 2014 19:24:16 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=326014#326014</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>User Pick #89: The Parable of Arable Land [Gollux]</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=325977#325977</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=-1'&gt;Anonymous&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 06/23/2014 20:53&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;div class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;    &lt;img src=&quot;http://albumart.besteveralbums.com/albumart/album_large_1001_53a8935aeb9bd.jpg&quot; class=&quot;postimg&quot; style=&quot;cursor:pointer;&quot; height=&quot;250&quot; onclick=&quot;window.open('http://albumart.besteveralbums.com/albumart/album_large_1001_53a8935aeb9bd.jpg','imgpop','width=500,height=500,status=no,toolbar=no,menubar=no');return false&quot; /&gt;    &lt;span class=&quot;hidden-md hidden-lg&quot;&gt;&lt;small&gt;&lt;br&gt;&lt;i&gt;Thumbnail. Click to enlarge.&lt;/i&gt;&lt;/small&gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/div&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;a href=&quot;http://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?a=1001&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot; rel=&quot;nofollow&quot; class=&quot;nav2&quot;&gt;The Parable Of Arable Land by The Red Crayola&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;span style=&quot;font-weight: bold&quot;&gt;Chart&lt;/span&gt;: &lt;a href=&quot;http://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?c=861&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot; rel=&quot;nofollow&quot; class=&quot;nav2&quot;&gt;Top 100 Greatest Music Albums by The Gollux&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;span style=&quot;font-weight: bold&quot;&gt;Rank on User's Chart&lt;/span&gt;:  7&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;span style=&quot;font-weight: bold&quot;&gt;Year&lt;/span&gt;: 1967&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;span style=&quot;font-weight: bold&quot;&gt;Rank on BEA Overall&lt;/span&gt;: 1,115&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;span style=&quot;font-weight: bold&quot;&gt;Average Rating&lt;/span&gt;: 75/100&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;span style=&quot;font-weight: bold&quot;&gt;Summary Info&lt;/span&gt;:  The debut album of psychedelic rock band, The Red Krayola.  In addition to some more traditional songs, it includes a number of &quot;free-form freakouts&quot; in which ~50 friends of the band played whatever and whenever they please.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;span class=&quot;forum-bbcode-font-size-9&quot; style=&quot;line-height: normal&quot;&gt;Details on the implementation and chart selection process of &quot;User Pick of the Day&quot; can be found &lt;a href=&quot;http://www.besteveralbums.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=9858&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot; rel=&quot;nofollow&quot; class=&quot;nav2&quot;&gt;here&lt;/a&gt; and &lt;a href=&quot;http://www.besteveralbums.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=9872=&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot; rel=&quot;nofollow&quot; class=&quot;nav2&quot;&gt;here&lt;/a&gt;, respectively.  A chart documenting the previous picks can be found &lt;a href=&quot;http://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?c=17659&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot; rel=&quot;nofollow&quot; class=&quot;nav2&quot;&gt;here&lt;/a&gt;.&lt;/span&gt;</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=325977#325977</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Anonymous</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Mon, 23 Jun 2014 16:53:10 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=325977#325977</guid>
                          </item></channel></rss>