<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<rss version="2.0" xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/">
<channel>
  <title>Best Ever Albums</title>
  <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/index.php</link>
  <description>&quot;I get by with a little help from my friends&quot; - The Beatles</description>
  <language>en</language>
  <ttl>1</ttl>
<item>
                            <title>Re: [Closed] Best Ever Guitarist: J. Mascis vs. Kevin Shields</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=356191#356191</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=27024'&gt;RockyRaccoon&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 10/23/2014 23:44&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;span style=&quot;font-weight: bold&quot;&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;forum-bbcode-font-size-18&quot; style=&quot;line-height: normal&quot;&gt;Kevin Shields wins&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;span style=&quot;font-weight: bold&quot;&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;forum-bbcode-font-size-24&quot; style=&quot;line-height: normal&quot;&gt;16-11&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/span&gt;</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=356191#356191</comments>
                            <dc:creator>RockyRaccoon</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Thu, 23 Oct 2014 19:44:48 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=356191#356191</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: [Closed] Best Ever Guitarist: J. Mascis vs. Kevin Shields</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=355703#355703</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=-1'&gt;Anonymous&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 10/21/2014 02:39&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          J. Mascis&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Not really a fan of Shields' guitar playing (or My Bloody Valentine in general).</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=355703#355703</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Anonymous</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Mon, 20 Oct 2014 22:39:03 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=355703#355703</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: [Closed] Best Ever Guitarist: J. Mascis vs. Kevin Shields</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=355699#355699</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=27184'&gt;benpaco&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 10/21/2014 02:24&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;Jhereko wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;How does that change Shields' playing or even the perception of it? What you're saying sounds like people liked Kevin's style enough to make an attempt at imitating it and no one even wanted to emulate J Mascis. Not saying that's necessarily true but if you break down what you're saying here. Either way other people poorly trying to imitate someone shouldn't be a reflection of the original.&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
IDK, for me the fact that they can at least start to sound like him makes it a less unique sound. I don't really want to defend that opinion more, it's just an opinion I have, and on top of all this, I just like Mascis more. That's my vote and I'm obviously in the minority.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Oh, and I love Muse. Don't think they're ripoff Queen at all, outside of a few tracks.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=355699#355699</comments>
                            <dc:creator>benpaco</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Mon, 20 Oct 2014 22:24:22 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=355699#355699</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: [Closed] Best Ever Guitarist: J. Mascis vs. Kevin Shields</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=355563#355563</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=-1'&gt;Anonymous&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 10/20/2014 10:22&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;benpaco wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;No one hits it straight on, at all, it's the same point as I made about May earlier, people try but can't get there (see in May's case Muse). Here it just feels like a lot of bands I hear and don't think much about (see: Ringo Deathstarr and Swervedriver, for example) have attempts at Shields when I look back on them. Are they bad? Nah. Can they copy him? Nah. Do they try? Yeah. J Mascis' guitar playing, to me, largely is impressive because I've never stumbled upon anyone really trying to be him (though that could just be my limited experience).&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
How does that change Shields' playing or even the perception of it? What you're saying sounds like people liked Kevin's style enough to make an attempt at imitating it and no one even wanted to emulate J Mascis. Not saying that's necessarily true but if you break down what you're saying here. Either way other people poorly trying to imitate someone shouldn't be a reflection of the original.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=355563#355563</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Anonymous</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Mon, 20 Oct 2014 06:22:22 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=355563#355563</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: [Closed] Best Ever Guitarist: J. Mascis vs. Kevin Shields</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=355553#355553</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=25678'&gt;Dingerbell&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 10/20/2014 08:28&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;benpaco wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;No one hits it straight on, at all, it's the same point as I made about May earlier, people try but can't get there (see in May's case Muse).&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
Lets just get this straight, that comparison is only valid in their last two albums, which I would suggest are crap. Don't get the impression that Muse are a rip-off of Queen.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=355553#355553</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Dingerbell</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Mon, 20 Oct 2014 04:28:27 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=355553#355553</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: [Closed] Best Ever Guitarist: J. Mascis vs. Kevin Shields</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=355539#355539</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=27184'&gt;benpaco&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 10/20/2014 05:29&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          No one hits it straight on, at all, it's the same point as I made about May earlier, people try but can't get there (see in May's case Muse). Here it just feels like a lot of bands I hear and don't think much about (see: Ringo Deathstarr and Swervedriver, for example) have attempts at Shields when I look back on them. Are they bad? Nah. Can they copy him? Nah. Do they try? Yeah. J Mascis' guitar playing, to me, largely is impressive because I've never stumbled upon anyone really trying to be him (though that could just be my limited experience).&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Also, just because I found it interesting, Mascis cites Shields as a major influence, even though Dinosaur Jr. released 3 full LPs before &quot;Isn't Anything&quot;. Just interesting, IDK.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=355539#355539</comments>
                            <dc:creator>benpaco</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Mon, 20 Oct 2014 01:29:18 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=355539#355539</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: [Closed] Best Ever Guitarist: J. Mascis vs. Kevin Shields</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=355393#355393</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=-1'&gt;Anonymous&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 10/19/2014 13:55&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;benpaco wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;Shields is impressive, but a little less unique to me (note that I'm not saying he wasn't original, but that others have been able to sound similar it feels like&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
I'm not discounting your opinion, but what the fuck has sounded similar to Shields (as many bands have tried to copy the &lt;span style=&quot;font-style: italic&quot;&gt;Loveless&lt;/span&gt; (and previous two/three EPs before that) sound, I've never heard anything like him)?</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=355393#355393</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Anonymous</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Sun, 19 Oct 2014 09:55:02 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=355393#355393</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: [Closed] Best Ever Guitarist: J. Mascis vs. Kevin Shields</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=355391#355391</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=27184'&gt;benpaco&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 10/19/2014 13:38&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          If I heard a Mascis solo, I'd instantly know exactly who was playing, I've never heard anyone be able to really replicate his sound. Shields is impressive, but a little less unique to me (note that I'm not saying he wasn't original, but that others have been able to sound similar it feels like).&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Mascis for me.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=355391#355391</comments>
                            <dc:creator>benpaco</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Sun, 19 Oct 2014 09:38:36 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=355391#355391</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: [Closed] Best Ever Guitarist: J. Mascis vs. Kevin Shields</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=355371#355371</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=-1'&gt;Anonymous&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 10/19/2014 11:29&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Went with Shields, because I'm more interested in timbre than technicality when it comes to guitars and Shields wins that here, though Mascis is definitely the better technical player. Both have distinct styles, each has enormous riffs, and I'd say they both share a base in Sonic Youth's guitars. If you've ever wondered how their styles would mesh, check out&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;div class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;    &lt;img src=&quot;http://albumart.besteveralbums.com/albumart/album_large_33260_50b687a6eea83.jpg&quot; class=&quot;postimg&quot; style=&quot;cursor:pointer;&quot; height=&quot;250&quot; onclick=&quot;window.open('http://albumart.besteveralbums.com/albumart/album_large_33260_50b687a6eea83.jpg','imgpop','width=500,height=500,status=no,toolbar=no,menubar=no');return false&quot; /&gt;    &lt;span class=&quot;hidden-md hidden-lg&quot;&gt;&lt;small&gt;&lt;br&gt;&lt;i&gt;Thumbnail. Click to enlarge.&lt;/i&gt;&lt;/small&gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/div&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;a href=&quot;http://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?a=33260&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot; rel=&quot;nofollow&quot; class=&quot;nav2&quot;&gt;More Light by J Mascis + The Fog&lt;/a&gt;</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=355371#355371</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Anonymous</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Sun, 19 Oct 2014 07:29:23 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=355371#355371</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: [Closed] Best Ever Guitarist: J. Mascis vs. Kevin Shields</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=355362#355362</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=25952'&gt;HazeyTwilight&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 10/19/2014 10:00&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Oh you've got to be fucking kidding me! Abstain.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=355362#355362</comments>
                            <dc:creator>HazeyTwilight</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Sun, 19 Oct 2014 06:00:08 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=355362#355362</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: [Closed] Best Ever Guitarist: J. Mascis vs. Kevin Shields</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=355319#355319</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=-1'&gt;Anonymous&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 10/18/2014 22:13&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Shields</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=355319#355319</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Anonymous</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Sat, 18 Oct 2014 18:13:31 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=355319#355319</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>[Closed] Best Ever Guitarist: J. Mascis vs. Kevin Shields</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=355318#355318</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=27024'&gt;RockyRaccoon&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 10/18/2014 22:10&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;span style=&quot;font-weight: bold&quot;&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;forum-bbcode-font-size-24&quot; style=&quot;line-height: normal&quot;&gt;J. Mascis (of Dinosaur Jr.)&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Nominated by RepoMan&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;div class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;    &lt;img src=&quot;http://i.imgur.com/KmkQe0I.jpg&quot; class=&quot;postimg&quot; style=&quot;cursor:pointer;&quot; height=&quot;250&quot; onclick=&quot;window.open('http://i.imgur.com/KmkQe0I.jpg','imgpop','width=267,height=400,status=no,toolbar=no,menubar=no');return false&quot; /&gt;    &lt;span class=&quot;hidden-md hidden-lg&quot;&gt;&lt;small&gt;&lt;br&gt;&lt;i&gt;Thumbnail. Click to enlarge.&lt;/i&gt;&lt;/small&gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/div&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;span style=&quot;font-weight: bold&quot;&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;forum-bbcode-font-size-18&quot; style=&quot;line-height: normal&quot;&gt;vs.&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;span style=&quot;font-weight: bold&quot;&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;forum-bbcode-font-size-24&quot; style=&quot;line-height: normal&quot;&gt;Kevin Shields (of My Bloody Valentine)&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Nominated by MrFrogger&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;div class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;    &lt;img src=&quot;http://i.imgur.com/XSAj9Cw.jpg&quot; class=&quot;postimg&quot; style=&quot;cursor:pointer;&quot; height=&quot;250&quot; onclick=&quot;window.open('http://i.imgur.com/XSAj9Cw.jpg','imgpop','width=306,height=306,status=no,toolbar=no,menubar=no');return false&quot; /&gt;    &lt;span class=&quot;hidden-md hidden-lg&quot;&gt;&lt;small&gt;&lt;br&gt;&lt;i&gt;Thumbnail. Click to enlarge.&lt;/i&gt;&lt;/small&gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/div&gt;</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=355318#355318</comments>
                            <dc:creator>RockyRaccoon</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Sat, 18 Oct 2014 18:10:28 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=355318#355318</guid>
                          </item></channel></rss>