<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<rss version="2.0" xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/">
<channel>
  <title>Best Ever Albums</title>
  <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/index.php</link>
  <description>&quot;I get by with a little help from my friends&quot; - The Beatles</description>
  <language>en</language>
  <ttl>1</ttl>
<item>
                            <title>Re: Qu'est-ce qu'on s'emmerde.</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=444584#444584</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=15562'&gt;Norman Bates&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 05/20/2016 19:13&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;div class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;    &lt;img src=&quot;https://rymimg.com/lk/o/l/1be862c9ea60b6813c729997c9f3175b/1293182.jpg&quot; class=&quot;postimg&quot; style=&quot;cursor:pointer;&quot; width=&quot;500&quot; onclick=&quot;window.open('https://rymimg.com/lk/o/l/1be862c9ea60b6813c729997c9f3175b/1293182.jpg','imgpop','width=555,height=491,status=no,toolbar=no,menubar=no');return false&quot; /&gt;    &lt;span class=&quot;hidden-md hidden-lg&quot;&gt;&lt;small&gt;&lt;br&gt;&lt;i&gt;Thumbnail. Click to enlarge.&lt;/i&gt;&lt;/small&gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/div&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
OK so this is a fantastic compy (apparently curated by Crumb himself, from his collection of 78RPM) of tracks from the 20s-to-50s sung by women, from all over the world. Totally astounding, like listening to warm, welcoming friendly ghosts to have a drink and dance with. Sublime, and an instant favourite. All Plug.dj pals should get on this, y'all love it. In fact, everybody will love it. Favourite tracks are Leona Gabriel's &quot;Liva&quot; (Mexico) and Rita Abadzi's &quot;Mime Stellis Mana Anastin Ameriki&quot; (Greece, possibly Georgian community?, translate into &quot;Please don't send me to America&quot; or something - gorgeous); La Niña de los Peines (flamenco, Spain) is awesome too, thinking of you albummaster, as well as &quot;Chants d'amour&quot;, a short a cappella number from Tahiti. Gorgeous.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;iframe class=&quot;forum-youtube&quot; src=&quot;https://www.youtube.com/embed/-JcuPMwJj10?autoplay=0&amp;controls=1&amp;fs=1&quot; frame allow=&quot;accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture&quot; webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen&gt;&lt;/iframe&gt;&lt;br&gt;&lt;a href=&quot;https://youtube.com/watch?v=-JcuPMwJj10&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot;&gt;Link&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Hope I'll have more time for this in days to come, planning on an early retirement through Euromillion gain.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=444584#444584</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Norman Bates</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Fri, 20 May 2016 15:13:55 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=444584#444584</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Qu'est-ce qu'on s'emmerde.</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=433659#433659</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=15562'&gt;Norman Bates&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 02/24/2016 14:44&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;div class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;    &lt;img src=&quot;http://albumart.besteveralbums.com/albumart/album_large_30133_5055e99b59b25.jpg&quot; class=&quot;postimg&quot; style=&quot;cursor:pointer;&quot; height=&quot;250&quot; onclick=&quot;window.open('http://albumart.besteveralbums.com/albumart/album_large_30133_5055e99b59b25.jpg','imgpop','width=500,height=500,status=no,toolbar=no,menubar=no');return false&quot; /&gt;    &lt;span class=&quot;hidden-md hidden-lg&quot;&gt;&lt;small&gt;&lt;br&gt;&lt;i&gt;Thumbnail. Click to enlarge.&lt;/i&gt;&lt;/small&gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/div&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;a href=&quot;http://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?a=30133&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot; rel=&quot;nofollow&quot; class=&quot;nav2&quot;&gt;Dark Rooms by Robert Gilligan&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Just a quick word about this record that's not known enough and is painfully beautiful. Robert Gilligan was an Austrian singer/songwriter who released this sole album and apparently committed suicide shortly afterwards. To be honest, &quot;singer&quot; is stretching the concept a bit, Gilligan has a voice but can't sing in key for sh*t. However, his lo-fi, arhythmic strumming and random slide soli, combined with his anger-spitting in awkward globish English make up for a stunning and fascinating, if truly depressing, listen. I musingly started imagining Dean Blunt as some sort of heir to Gilligan - only Gilligan has no humour. At all.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=433659#433659</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Norman Bates</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Wed, 24 Feb 2016 09:44:02 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=433659#433659</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Qu'est-ce qu'on s'emmerde.</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=433541#433541</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=15562'&gt;Norman Bates&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 02/23/2016 07:36&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;Skinny wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Have you heard Here, My Dear?&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
I have, and I seem to remember we've discussed it on this forum, but it was quite some time ago. I like it, it definitely is a very good album, but I have an issue with breakup albums insofar as they make me feel like a voyeur, or an uninvited guest. They're so close to the bone I find them a little painful to peep into.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;span style=&quot;font-style: italic&quot;&gt;Here, My Dear&lt;/span&gt; is no exception, which is why, in terms of pleasure taken listening to it, I'd rank it a little lower than other Marvin records (it was easier for me to enjoy &lt;span style=&quot;font-style: italic&quot;&gt;I Want You&lt;/span&gt;, with the very first listen, for instance) . Of course &lt;span style=&quot;font-style: italic&quot;&gt;Here, My Dear&lt;/span&gt; is a very good record though. I'll relisten today and come back if I feel differently.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=433541#433541</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Norman Bates</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Tue, 23 Feb 2016 02:36:28 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=433541#433541</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Qu'est-ce qu'on s'emmerde.</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=433494#433494</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=29810'&gt;Skinny&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 02/22/2016 23:12&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;Norman Bates wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;Back with a vengeance, if only for a short while - leaving town on Thursday with the kid for a holiday at Grandma's, during which music listening, let alone bookeeping, will inevitably be sparse. However, I really liked this:&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;div class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;    &lt;img src=&quot;http://albumart.besteveralbums.com/albumart/album_large_1241_4e4cb0c488899.jpg&quot; class=&quot;postimg&quot; style=&quot;cursor:pointer;&quot; height=&quot;250&quot; onclick=&quot;window.open('http://albumart.besteveralbums.com/albumart/album_large_1241_4e4cb0c488899.jpg','imgpop','width=500,height=500,status=no,toolbar=no,menubar=no');return false&quot; /&gt;    &lt;span class=&quot;hidden-md hidden-lg&quot;&gt;&lt;small&gt;&lt;br&gt;&lt;i&gt;Thumbnail. Click to enlarge.&lt;/i&gt;&lt;/small&gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/div&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;a href=&quot;http://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?a=1241&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot; rel=&quot;nofollow&quot; class=&quot;nav2&quot;&gt;I Want You by Marvin Gaye&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
which I only just discovered and deserves better than the obligatory &quot;oh, I like &lt;span style=&quot;font-style: italic&quot;&gt;What's Going On&lt;/span&gt; but can't be bothered with his other stuff&quot;. A deliciously lush production, &lt;span style=&quot;font-style: italic&quot;&gt;I Want You&lt;/span&gt; delves into the 'sweet lovin' tonight baby' fashion Marvin is so apt at; the paradox being that you don't nearly hear enough of Marvin's voice on the record, overcrowded as it is by lovely (but repetitive) instrumentals that'd be a wonderful soundtrack to a high-end get-together by the villa's swimming-pool. You'll understand this is a lazy affair for sure, and there isn't really an album in it. However, the album that's not really in it is just wonderful, candid and, indeed, lovemaking inducing - and with this I must be off.&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Have you heard Here, My Dear?</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=433494#433494</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Skinny</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Mon, 22 Feb 2016 18:12:17 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=433494#433494</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Qu'est-ce qu'on s'emmerde.</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=433482#433482</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=15562'&gt;Norman Bates&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 02/22/2016 22:14&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          I first became aware of Ellen Warshaw's existence thanks to this very good compilation: &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;div class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;    &lt;img src=&quot;http://knowphase.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/ladiesfromthecanyon.jpg&quot; class=&quot;postimg&quot; style=&quot;cursor:pointer;&quot; height=&quot;250&quot; onclick=&quot;window.open('http://knowphase.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/ladiesfromthecanyon.jpg','imgpop','width=400,height=400,status=no,toolbar=no,menubar=no');return false&quot; /&gt;    &lt;span class=&quot;hidden-md hidden-lg&quot;&gt;&lt;small&gt;&lt;br&gt;&lt;i&gt;Thumbnail. Click to enlarge.&lt;/i&gt;&lt;/small&gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/div&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
V/A, &lt;span style=&quot;font-style: italic&quot;&gt;Wayfaring Strangers: Ladies from the Canyon&lt;/span&gt; (a Numero Group release), which comprised unknown lesser gems from ladies that had issued one record, if that (sometimes a single track on a self-released community compy) back in the late 60s-early 70s. I was curious about her cover of 'Sister Morphine', and so, years later,  here I was a few minutes ago listening to this:&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;div class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;    &lt;img src=&quot;http://cdn.numerogroup.com/images/artist_images/web/ellen-warshaw.jpg&quot; class=&quot;postimg&quot; style=&quot;cursor:pointer;&quot; height=&quot;250&quot; onclick=&quot;window.open('http://cdn.numerogroup.com/images/artist_images/web/ellen-warshaw.jpg','imgpop','width=500,height=500,status=no,toolbar=no,menubar=no');return false&quot; /&gt;    &lt;span class=&quot;hidden-md hidden-lg&quot;&gt;&lt;small&gt;&lt;br&gt;&lt;i&gt;Thumbnail. Click to enlarge.&lt;/i&gt;&lt;/small&gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/div&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Her self-titled from 1973 (and only album, if I'm right). Well, folks (pun intended) this is a grand album. From the laid-back country-funk of the placidly superb opener, to the more traditional guitar+voice numbers, everything here is, albeit charted territory indeed, nicely subtle and gently psyched-up - not always musically to be sure, but lyrically at least - into one of those 'unearthed gems' we sometimes drool about dreamily. Get it if you're into American folk music from the 70s. Within the limited (? - remains to be proved) scope of its genre, it's a lesser exhilarating near-masterpiece of an underdog album.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=433482#433482</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Norman Bates</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Mon, 22 Feb 2016 17:14:29 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=433482#433482</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Qu'est-ce qu'on s'emmerde.</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=433351#433351</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=15562'&gt;Norman Bates&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 02/22/2016 08:00&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Back with a vengeance, if only for a short while - leaving town on Thursday with the kid for a holiday at Grandma's, during which music listening, let alone bookkeeping, will inevitably be sparse. However, I really liked this:&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;div class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;    &lt;img src=&quot;http://albumart.besteveralbums.com/albumart/album_large_1241_4e4cb0c488899.jpg&quot; class=&quot;postimg&quot; style=&quot;cursor:pointer;&quot; height=&quot;250&quot; onclick=&quot;window.open('http://albumart.besteveralbums.com/albumart/album_large_1241_4e4cb0c488899.jpg','imgpop','width=500,height=500,status=no,toolbar=no,menubar=no');return false&quot; /&gt;    &lt;span class=&quot;hidden-md hidden-lg&quot;&gt;&lt;small&gt;&lt;br&gt;&lt;i&gt;Thumbnail. Click to enlarge.&lt;/i&gt;&lt;/small&gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/div&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;a href=&quot;http://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?a=1241&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot; rel=&quot;nofollow&quot; class=&quot;nav2&quot;&gt;I Want You by Marvin Gaye&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
which I only just discovered and deserves better than the obligatory &quot;oh, I like &lt;span style=&quot;font-style: italic&quot;&gt;What's Going On&lt;/span&gt; but can't be bothered with his other stuff&quot;. A deliciously lush production, &lt;span style=&quot;font-style: italic&quot;&gt;I Want You&lt;/span&gt; delves into the 'sweet lovin' tonight baby' fashion Marvin is so apt at; the paradox being that you don't nearly hear enough of Marvin's voice on the record, overcrowded as it is by lovely (but repetitive) instrumentals that'd be a wonderful soundtrack to a high-end get-together by the villa's swimming-pool. You'll understand this is a lazy affair for sure, and there isn't really an album in it. However, the album that's not really in it is just wonderful, candid and, indeed, lovemaking inducing - and with this I must be off.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=433351#433351</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Norman Bates</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Mon, 22 Feb 2016 03:00:11 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=433351#433351</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Qu'est-ce qu'on s'emmerde.</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=428214#428214</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=15562'&gt;Norman Bates&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 01/15/2016 20:15&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;div class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;    &lt;img src=&quot;http://albumart.besteveralbums.com/albumart/album_large_23419_4f639918ad932.jpg&quot; class=&quot;postimg&quot; style=&quot;cursor:pointer;&quot; height=&quot;250&quot; onclick=&quot;window.open('http://albumart.besteveralbums.com/albumart/album_large_23419_4f639918ad932.jpg','imgpop','width=500,height=500,status=no,toolbar=no,menubar=no');return false&quot; /&gt;    &lt;span class=&quot;hidden-md hidden-lg&quot;&gt;&lt;small&gt;&lt;br&gt;&lt;i&gt;Thumbnail. Click to enlarge.&lt;/i&gt;&lt;/small&gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/div&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;a href=&quot;http://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?a=23419&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot; rel=&quot;nofollow&quot; class=&quot;nav2&quot;&gt;Ekstasis by Julia Holter&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Just a quick word on this, because I feel so ashamed at my underestimating this. I am now convinced, that this record is, by far, the best thing I've heard by Holter, and I even feel that the following are giving up on some of the most daring - and, shall I say, moving because daring - aspects of her works. Mostly sublime, and the most stunning relisten I've had in weeks.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
This sound sexactly like a best of Broadcast:&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;iframe class=&quot;forum-youtube&quot; src=&quot;https://www.youtube.com/embed/UShDUaoJ9Lc?autoplay=0&amp;controls=1&amp;fs=1&quot; frame allow=&quot;accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture&quot; webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen&gt;&lt;/iframe&gt;&lt;br&gt;&lt;a href=&quot;https://youtube.com/watch?v=UShDUaoJ9Lc&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot;&gt;Link&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br&gt;</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=428214#428214</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Norman Bates</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Fri, 15 Jan 2016 15:15:50 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=428214#428214</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Qu'est-ce qu'on s'emmerde.</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=426584#426584</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=15562'&gt;Norman Bates&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 01/01/2016 15:18&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;span style=&quot;font-weight: bold&quot;&gt;NR&lt;/span&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;div class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;    &lt;img src=&quot;http://albumart.besteveralbums.com/albumart/album_large_50217_527c9cfce830e.jpg&quot; class=&quot;postimg&quot; style=&quot;cursor:pointer;&quot; height=&quot;250&quot; onclick=&quot;window.open('http://albumart.besteveralbums.com/albumart/album_large_50217_527c9cfce830e.jpg','imgpop','width=500,height=500,status=no,toolbar=no,menubar=no');return false&quot; /&gt;    &lt;span class=&quot;hidden-md hidden-lg&quot;&gt;&lt;small&gt;&lt;br&gt;&lt;i&gt;Thumbnail. Click to enlarge.&lt;/i&gt;&lt;/small&gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/div&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;a href=&quot;http://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?a=50217&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot; rel=&quot;nofollow&quot; class=&quot;nav2&quot;&gt;Hero Brother by Sarah Neufeld&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Had I known this album before, I would not have been so surprised at how good this year's &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;a href=&quot;http://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?a=79513&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot; rel=&quot;nofollow&quot; class=&quot;nav2&quot;&gt;Never Were The Way She Was&lt;/a&gt; was. This is a fantastic piece of contemporary violin music, very much indeed reminiscent of what &lt;a href=&quot;http://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?b=8287&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot; rel=&quot;nofollow&quot; class=&quot;nav2&quot;&gt;Colin Stetson&lt;/a&gt; does with his saxophone - to the point that one might want to start an akward dance move or two to, say, the title track for instance. It's modern classical, if you wish, with an angry edge to it, truly remarkable.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Also listened to:&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;a href=&quot;http://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?a=27384&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot; rel=&quot;nofollow&quot; class=&quot;nav2&quot;&gt;An Awesome Wave by ∆ (alt-j)&lt;/a&gt; still OK;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;a href=&quot;http://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?a=21199&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot; rel=&quot;nofollow&quot; class=&quot;nav2&quot;&gt;Can Our Love... by Tindersticks&lt;/a&gt; which verifies that a minor Tindersticks album is still a good album;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;a href=&quot;http://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?a=45290&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot; rel=&quot;nofollow&quot; class=&quot;nav2&quot;&gt;I Wish We Could Look Into The Future by Visitations&lt;/a&gt; that I thought was very good past the unconvincing first track. Experimental folk.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Now listening to &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;a href=&quot;http://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?a=85413&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot; rel=&quot;nofollow&quot; class=&quot;nav2&quot;&gt;Archivist by Archivist&lt;/a&gt;, and I have my difficulties with the singing.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=426584#426584</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Norman Bates</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Fri, 1 Jan 2016 10:18:56 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=426584#426584</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Qu'est-ce qu'on s'emmerde.</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=426577#426577</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=15562'&gt;Norman Bates&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 01/01/2016 11:59&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;span style=&quot;font-weight: bold&quot;&gt;FR&lt;/span&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;div class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;    &lt;img src=&quot;http://albumart.besteveralbums.com/albumart/album_large_59599_534c534c20809.jpg&quot; class=&quot;postimg&quot; style=&quot;cursor:pointer;&quot;  onclick=&quot;window.open('http://albumart.besteveralbums.com/albumart/album_large_59599_534c534c20809.jpg','imgpop','width=500,height=456,status=no,toolbar=no,menubar=no');return false&quot; /&gt;    &lt;span class=&quot;hidden-md hidden-lg&quot;&gt;&lt;small&gt;&lt;br&gt;&lt;i&gt;&lt;/i&gt;&lt;/small&gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/div&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;a href=&quot;http://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?a=59599&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot; rel=&quot;nofollow&quot; class=&quot;nav2&quot;&gt;Tall Firs by Tall Firs&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Which I loved a lot. Indie lo-fi folk has J. Mascis soundalike tiredly sing over beautiful modest folk-rockish numbers. It strangely reminded me of Dean Blunt as far as atmosphere was concerned, and I'll recommend it to those of you who like their indie tired but imaginative and varied.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
I also listened to: &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;a href=&quot;http://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?a=20263&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot; rel=&quot;nofollow&quot; class=&quot;nav2&quot;&gt;Chocolate City by Parliament&lt;/a&gt; (very good)&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;a href=&quot;http://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?a=83892&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot; rel=&quot;nofollow&quot; class=&quot;nav2&quot;&gt;Did I Sleep And Miss The Border by Tom McRae &amp; The Standing Band&lt;/a&gt; (2015, average)&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;a href=&quot;http://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?a=26266&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot; rel=&quot;nofollow&quot; class=&quot;nav2&quot;&gt;Among The Leaves by Sun Kil Moon&lt;/a&gt;, excellent but you already know this,&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;a href=&quot;http://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?a=24819&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot; rel=&quot;nofollow&quot; class=&quot;nav2&quot;&gt;Campfire Songs by Campfire Songs&lt;/a&gt;, better than I remembered (for &quot;Doggy&quot; mostly tbh)&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;a href=&quot;http://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?b=2498&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot; rel=&quot;nofollow&quot; class=&quot;nav2&quot;&gt;Rahsaan Roland Kirk&lt;/a&gt;'s &lt;span style=&quot;font-style: italic&quot;&gt;Now Please Don't You Cry, Beautiful Edith&lt;/span&gt; (1967), goodnotgreat&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Currently listening to &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;a href=&quot;http://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?a=81813&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot; rel=&quot;nofollow&quot; class=&quot;nav2&quot;&gt;Algiers by Algiers&lt;/a&gt;, not overly enthusiastic about this, but it works oftener than not. The slow songs are a bore.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=426577#426577</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Norman Bates</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Fri, 1 Jan 2016 06:59:03 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=426577#426577</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Qu'est-ce qu'on s'emmerde.</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=426457#426457</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=15562'&gt;Norman Bates&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 12/30/2015 23:06&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;span style=&quot;font-weight: bold&quot;&gt;FR&lt;/span&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;div class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;    &lt;img src=&quot;https://www.dustygroove.com/images/products/l/lubels_sama_inthevall_101b.jpg&quot; class=&quot;postimg&quot; style=&quot;cursor:pointer;&quot; height=&quot;250&quot; onclick=&quot;window.open('https://www.dustygroove.com/images/products/l/lubels_sama_inthevall_101b.jpg','imgpop','width=549,height=552,status=no,toolbar=no,menubar=no');return false&quot; /&gt;    &lt;span class=&quot;hidden-md hidden-lg&quot;&gt;&lt;small&gt;&lt;br&gt;&lt;i&gt;Thumbnail. Click to enlarge.&lt;/i&gt;&lt;/small&gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/div&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Samara Lubelski,&lt;span style=&quot;font-style: italic&quot;&gt; In the Valley&lt;/span&gt; (2003)&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
What a strange LP to be rec'ed by a book on Folk music. Most of it is a dreamy droney ambient affair, with, if truth be told, the odd chord vaguely reminiscent of old time music haunting the background. Beautiful! Apparently, Samara Lubelski is long time collaborator of &lt;a href=&quot;http://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?b=8097&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot; rel=&quot;nofollow&quot; class=&quot;nav2&quot;&gt;Thurston Moore&lt;/a&gt; and &lt;a href=&quot;http://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?b=15920&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot; rel=&quot;nofollow&quot; class=&quot;nav2&quot;&gt;Tara Jane O'Neil&lt;/a&gt;, figures. A remarkable find anyway, and something that surely will please the most #abstractqualities members of our fine community.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
EDIT : oh, also listened to Herbert's &lt;span style=&quot;font-style: italic&quot;&gt;Bodily Functions&lt;/span&gt;, R. Keenan Lawler's &lt;span style=&quot;font-style: italic&quot;&gt;Music for the Bluegrass States &lt;/span&gt;(a must-have for y'all abstract folk enthusiasts), Obo's &lt;span style=&quot;font-style: italic&quot;&gt;Innhverfi&lt;/span&gt;, Joseph Arthur's &lt;span style=&quot;font-style: italic&quot;&gt;Days of Surrender&lt;/span&gt; (solid), Neil Young's &lt;span style=&quot;font-style: italic&quot;&gt;Americana&lt;/span&gt; (good fun, totally disposable though) and A Silver Mt. Zion's &lt;span style=&quot;font-style: italic&quot;&gt;Born Into Trouble...&lt;/span&gt; (almost fell asleep, used to like this and now am totally cold to it), but I've decided I wasn't going to write about just about anything I listen to during the holidays. I probably should have told you about Lawler though, as it's a remarkable post-folk (?) record.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
EDIT2: Oh, and earlier also: Neil Young's &lt;span style=&quot;font-style: italic&quot;&gt;Weld&lt;/span&gt; (OK) and Hot Chip's &lt;span style=&quot;font-style: italic&quot;&gt;Why Make Sense&lt;/span&gt; (boring), as well as Cohen's &lt;span style=&quot;font-style: italic&quot;&gt;Various Positions&lt;/span&gt; and &lt;span style=&quot;font-style: italic&quot;&gt;I'm Your Man&lt;/span&gt; on CD (but you already know they're very good).</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=426457#426457</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Norman Bates</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Wed, 30 Dec 2015 18:06:26 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=426457#426457</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Qu'est-ce qu'on s'emmerde.</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=426422#426422</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=15562'&gt;Norman Bates&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 12/30/2015 15:27&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;span style=&quot;font-weight: bold&quot;&gt;'12&lt;/span&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;div class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;    &lt;img src=&quot;http://albumart.besteveralbums.com/albumart/album_large_60626_53707844852be.jpg&quot; class=&quot;postimg&quot; style=&quot;cursor:pointer;&quot; height=&quot;250&quot; onclick=&quot;window.open('http://albumart.besteveralbums.com/albumart/album_large_60626_53707844852be.jpg','imgpop','width=500,height=500,status=no,toolbar=no,menubar=no');return false&quot; /&gt;    &lt;span class=&quot;hidden-md hidden-lg&quot;&gt;&lt;small&gt;&lt;br&gt;&lt;i&gt;Thumbnail. Click to enlarge.&lt;/i&gt;&lt;/small&gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/div&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;a href=&quot;http://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?a=60626&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot; rel=&quot;nofollow&quot; class=&quot;nav2&quot;&gt;The Akashic Record by Radioinactive&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Great fun! &lt;a href=&quot;http://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?b=26003&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot; rel=&quot;nofollow&quot; class=&quot;nav2&quot;&gt;Radioinactive&lt;/a&gt; puts up a solid backpacker hip-hop release, with Hispanic, Oriental and cartoonesque undertones, all in good mood as well. Featurings include frequent collaborator &lt;a href=&quot;http://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?b=7773&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot; rel=&quot;nofollow&quot; class=&quot;nav2&quot;&gt;Busdriver&lt;/a&gt;, quite the fashionable underground hip-hop artist on BEA these days, I reckon. Anyway, a very enjoyable relisten.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;iframe class=&quot;forum-youtube&quot; src=&quot;https://www.youtube.com/embed/XFbYQMU5asE?autoplay=0&amp;controls=1&amp;fs=1&quot; frame allow=&quot;accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture&quot; webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen&gt;&lt;/iframe&gt;&lt;br&gt;&lt;a href=&quot;https://youtube.com/watch?v=XFbYQMU5asE&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot;&gt;Link&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br&gt;</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=426422#426422</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Norman Bates</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Wed, 30 Dec 2015 10:27:44 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=426422#426422</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Qu'est-ce qu'on s'emmerde.</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=426410#426410</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=15562'&gt;Norman Bates&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 12/30/2015 12:47&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;span style=&quot;font-weight: bold&quot;&gt;FR&lt;/span&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;div class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;    &lt;img src=&quot;http://albumart.besteveralbums.com/albumart/album_large_86430_55f01b407d5f9.jpg&quot; class=&quot;postimg&quot; style=&quot;cursor:pointer;&quot; height=&quot;250&quot; onclick=&quot;window.open('http://albumart.besteveralbums.com/albumart/album_large_86430_55f01b407d5f9.jpg','imgpop','width=500,height=500,status=no,toolbar=no,menubar=no');return false&quot; /&gt;    &lt;span class=&quot;hidden-md hidden-lg&quot;&gt;&lt;small&gt;&lt;br&gt;&lt;i&gt;Thumbnail. Click to enlarge.&lt;/i&gt;&lt;/small&gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/div&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;a href=&quot;http://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?a=86430&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot; rel=&quot;nofollow&quot; class=&quot;nav2&quot;&gt;Galactic Ramble by Parameter&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Every once in a while, an astounding minor release invites itself into first division. Such is the case of UK's Parameter's only LP, &lt;span style=&quot;font-style: italic&quot;&gt;Galactic Ramble&lt;/span&gt; (1971). It's basically late 60s psych-folk, but in '71. &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
The recipe:&lt;br /&gt;
- One third Barrett;&lt;br /&gt;
- One third Ayers (Kevin, not Roy)&lt;br /&gt;
- One third just about any lo-fi folk rambling they could think (?) of.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
The result is, frankly, a delight.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;iframe class=&quot;forum-youtube&quot; src=&quot;https://www.youtube.com/embed/LDTpsRzyDaU?autoplay=0&amp;controls=1&amp;fs=1&quot; frame allow=&quot;accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture&quot; webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen&gt;&lt;/iframe&gt;&lt;br&gt;&lt;a href=&quot;https://youtube.com/watch?v=LDTpsRzyDaU&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot;&gt;Link&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br&gt;</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=426410#426410</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Norman Bates</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Wed, 30 Dec 2015 07:47:01 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=426410#426410</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Qu'est-ce qu'on s'emmerde.</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=426409#426409</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=15562'&gt;Norman Bates&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 12/30/2015 11:28&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          It's been a long time, due to a hectic end of 2015, probably the saddest in a long line of miserable years. Let's just hope 2016 fares better, doubtful, but still: bonne année à tous.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
What's new? Lots of listen, which I can't be bothered to list right here, but if some of you keep trace of some of my charts they'll spot them. Elsewhere, 2001 has replaced 1984 and 2012 has done the same for 1993, bit of a challenge this one, as 2012 was one of those years during which I listened to much less new music. Good challenge.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Anyway.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;span style=&quot;font-weight: bold&quot;&gt;'01&lt;/span&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;div class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;    &lt;img src=&quot;http://albumart.besteveralbums.com/albumart/album_large_19936_4ecc4257e20fe.jpg&quot; class=&quot;postimg&quot; style=&quot;cursor:pointer;&quot; height=&quot;250&quot; onclick=&quot;window.open('http://albumart.besteveralbums.com/albumart/album_large_19936_4ecc4257e20fe.jpg','imgpop','width=500,height=500,status=no,toolbar=no,menubar=no');return false&quot; /&gt;    &lt;span class=&quot;hidden-md hidden-lg&quot;&gt;&lt;small&gt;&lt;br&gt;&lt;i&gt;Thumbnail. Click to enlarge.&lt;/i&gt;&lt;/small&gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/div&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;a href=&quot;http://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?a=19936&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot; rel=&quot;nofollow&quot; class=&quot;nav2&quot;&gt;Blue Screen Life by Pinback&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Key word : subtlety. In a genre that is entirely their own, &lt;a href=&quot;http://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?b=2402&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot; rel=&quot;nofollow&quot; class=&quot;nav2&quot;&gt;Pinback&lt;/a&gt; pile up layers of melancholy dream-pop guitar, without the echo, and over soft-math drums. Very nice indeed, and priobably on par with their debut, &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;a href=&quot;http://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?a=30346&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot; rel=&quot;nofollow&quot; class=&quot;nav2&quot;&gt;This Is A Pinback CD by Pinback&lt;/a&gt;. Strongly recommended if you're into this type of indie melancholy, and are looking for something to whine to with gusto.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;iframe class=&quot;forum-youtube&quot; src=&quot;https://www.youtube.com/embed/Nn3gfd6FZMo?autoplay=0&amp;controls=1&amp;fs=1&quot; frame allow=&quot;accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture&quot; webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen&gt;&lt;/iframe&gt;&lt;br&gt;&lt;a href=&quot;https://youtube.com/watch?v=Nn3gfd6FZMo&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot;&gt;Link&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br&gt;</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=426409#426409</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Norman Bates</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Wed, 30 Dec 2015 06:28:27 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=426409#426409</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Qu'est-ce qu'on s'emmerde.</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=424433#424433</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=-1'&gt;Anonymous&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 12/10/2015 04:52&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;Norman Bates wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Can't elaborate right now, too much to do, but trust me. Expect the diary back tomorrow, one or two things to say, and&lt;span style=&quot;font-weight: bold&quot;&gt; I'll come back on those albums if you want&lt;/span&gt;.&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
That'd b great. Checked out Juvenilia already, and I'm in lOve.  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;Very Happy&quot;&gt;😁&lt;/span&gt;</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=424433#424433</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Anonymous</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Wed, 9 Dec 2015 23:52:46 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=424433#424433</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Qu'est-ce qu'on s'emmerde.</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=424400#424400</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=15562'&gt;Norman Bates&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 12/09/2015 21:44&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;RepoMan wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;Just curious what your three favorite kiwi rock albums are. I'm going through a phase where that's the perfect sound for my short breaks from meditation and qigong.&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;img src=&quot;http://albumart.besteveralbums.com/albumart/album_large_12878_4e32a19fd943a.jpg&quot; class=&quot;postimg&quot; /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;a href=&quot;http://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?a=12878&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot; rel=&quot;nofollow&quot; class=&quot;nav2&quot;&gt;Kaleidoscope World by The Chills&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;div class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;    &lt;img src=&quot;http://albumart.besteveralbums.com/albumart/album_large_79557_553edb6f5e0c8.jpg&quot; class=&quot;postimg&quot; style=&quot;cursor:pointer;&quot; height=&quot;250&quot; onclick=&quot;window.open('http://albumart.besteveralbums.com/albumart/album_large_79557_553edb6f5e0c8.jpg','imgpop','width=500,height=500,status=no,toolbar=no,menubar=no');return false&quot; /&gt;    &lt;span class=&quot;hidden-md hidden-lg&quot;&gt;&lt;small&gt;&lt;br&gt;&lt;i&gt;Thumbnail. Click to enlarge.&lt;/i&gt;&lt;/small&gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/div&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;a href=&quot;http://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?a=79557&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot; rel=&quot;nofollow&quot; class=&quot;nav2&quot;&gt;Juvenilia by The Verlaines&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;div class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;    &lt;img src=&quot;http://albumart.besteveralbums.com/albumart/album_large_20422_4ede3670b3346.jpg&quot; class=&quot;postimg&quot; style=&quot;cursor:pointer;&quot; height=&quot;250&quot; onclick=&quot;window.open('http://albumart.besteveralbums.com/albumart/album_large_20422_4ede3670b3346.jpg','imgpop','width=500,height=500,status=no,toolbar=no,menubar=no');return false&quot; /&gt;    &lt;span class=&quot;hidden-md hidden-lg&quot;&gt;&lt;small&gt;&lt;br&gt;&lt;i&gt;Thumbnail. Click to enlarge.&lt;/i&gt;&lt;/small&gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/div&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;a href=&quot;http://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?a=20422&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot; rel=&quot;nofollow&quot; class=&quot;nav2&quot;&gt;Fear Of God by The Bats&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
and I'll add a fourth, more on the lo-fi indie side of kiwi rock:&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;div class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;    &lt;img src=&quot;http://albumart.besteveralbums.com/albumart/album_large_20416_4ede4b1d9ae75.jpg&quot; class=&quot;postimg&quot; style=&quot;cursor:pointer;&quot; height=&quot;250&quot; onclick=&quot;window.open('http://albumart.besteveralbums.com/albumart/album_large_20416_4ede4b1d9ae75.jpg','imgpop','width=500,height=500,status=no,toolbar=no,menubar=no');return false&quot; /&gt;    &lt;span class=&quot;hidden-md hidden-lg&quot;&gt;&lt;small&gt;&lt;br&gt;&lt;i&gt;Thumbnail. Click to enlarge.&lt;/i&gt;&lt;/small&gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/div&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;a href=&quot;http://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?a=20416&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot; rel=&quot;nofollow&quot; class=&quot;nav2&quot;&gt;Croaker by Chris Knox&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Can't elaborate right now, too much to do, but trust me. Expect the diary back tomorrow, one or two things to say, and I'll come back on those albums if you want.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=424400#424400</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Norman Bates</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Wed, 9 Dec 2015 16:44:49 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=424400#424400</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Qu'est-ce qu'on s'emmerde.</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=424368#424368</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=-1'&gt;Anonymous&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 12/09/2015 17:14&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Just curious what your three favorite kiwi rock albums are. I'm going through a phase where that's the perfect sound for my short breaks from meditation and qigong.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=424368#424368</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Anonymous</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Wed, 9 Dec 2015 12:14:45 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=424368#424368</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Qu'est-ce qu'on s'emmerde.</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=424068#424068</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=15562'&gt;Norman Bates&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 12/06/2015 07:48&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          I've been quite unfaithful to this diary in the past week: lots of work, both within and without of the regular job (trying to save the family, mostly my personal bank account, from utter bankruptcy, is quite the chore). Anyway, I finally had the time yesterday for some listens, which actually can be reduced to exactly two records, that I must have listened to five times in a row each. &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;span style=&quot;font-weight: bold&quot;&gt;CD&lt;/span&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;div class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;    &lt;img src=&quot;http://albumart.besteveralbums.com/albumart/album_large_73974_54b0efd1472dd.jpg&quot; class=&quot;postimg&quot; style=&quot;cursor:pointer;&quot; height=&quot;250&quot; onclick=&quot;window.open('http://albumart.besteveralbums.com/albumart/album_large_73974_54b0efd1472dd.jpg','imgpop','width=500,height=500,status=no,toolbar=no,menubar=no');return false&quot; /&gt;    &lt;span class=&quot;hidden-md hidden-lg&quot;&gt;&lt;small&gt;&lt;br&gt;&lt;i&gt;Thumbnail. Click to enlarge.&lt;/i&gt;&lt;/small&gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/div&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;a href=&quot;http://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?a=73974&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot; rel=&quot;nofollow&quot; class=&quot;nav2&quot;&gt;Complete Communion by Don Cherry&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
is fantastic and might be my favourite &lt;a href=&quot;http://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?b=2407&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot; rel=&quot;nofollow&quot; class=&quot;nav2&quot;&gt;Don Cherry&lt;/a&gt; release so far (only beginning the plunge, tbh, and it's a huge discography out there). What I particularly liked was the mix of adventure or originality with a thoroughly overall accessible take on the avant-garde jazz idiom. The record is both daring and incredibly catchy and easy on the ear, with a joy in some parts that is just a delight to let oneself drown into. I would even recommend it as an entry point into Cherry's jazz. The sidewinders are extraordinary : &lt;a href=&quot;http://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?b=20221&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot; rel=&quot;nofollow&quot; class=&quot;nav2&quot;&gt;Gato Barbieri&lt;/a&gt;, Ed Blackwell (by the way try &lt;a href=&quot;http://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?b=9555&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot; rel=&quot;nofollow&quot; class=&quot;nav2&quot;&gt;Don Cherry And Ed Blackwell&lt;/a&gt;'s &lt;span style=&quot;font-style: italic&quot;&gt;El Corazon&lt;/span&gt; if you ever get the chance, beautiful stuff), Henry Grimes (whom I don't know).&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;span style=&quot;font-weight: bold&quot;&gt;CD&lt;/span&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;div class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;    &lt;img src=&quot;http://albumart.besteveralbums.com/albumart/album_large_39827_516aa04f845a2.jpg&quot; class=&quot;postimg&quot; style=&quot;cursor:pointer;&quot; height=&quot;250&quot; onclick=&quot;window.open('http://albumart.besteveralbums.com/albumart/album_large_39827_516aa04f845a2.jpg','imgpop','width=500,height=500,status=no,toolbar=no,menubar=no');return false&quot; /&gt;    &lt;span class=&quot;hidden-md hidden-lg&quot;&gt;&lt;small&gt;&lt;br&gt;&lt;i&gt;Thumbnail. Click to enlarge.&lt;/i&gt;&lt;/small&gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/div&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;a href=&quot;http://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?a=39827&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot; rel=&quot;nofollow&quot; class=&quot;nav2&quot;&gt;DE9 by Richie Hawtin&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
is extraordinary. Minimal Detroit-style techno that is surprisingly fun and playful. &lt;a href=&quot;http://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?b=17030&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot; rel=&quot;nofollow&quot; class=&quot;nav2&quot;&gt;Richie Hawtin&lt;/a&gt; (a.k.a. &lt;a href=&quot;http://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?b=3212&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot; rel=&quot;nofollow&quot; class=&quot;nav2&quot;&gt;Plastikman&lt;/a&gt;) is a hell of a beatmaker and never forgets to appeal both to the brains and the legs, as this mix is one you can definitely dance to all along. It's got quite fun parts too that got me smiling while moving my feet - and got the kid totally charmed with a techno album! Serves all purposes. Perfect synthesis that manages to sound quite &quot;simple&quot; and, at the same time, keeps you wondering about the wizardry of it all.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=424068#424068</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Norman Bates</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Sun, 6 Dec 2015 02:48:37 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=424068#424068</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Qu'est-ce qu'on s'emmerde.</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=423572#423572</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=-1'&gt;Anonymous&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 12/01/2015 13:05&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;Norman Bates wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
rather than &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;div class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;    &lt;img src=&quot;http://albumart.besteveralbums.com/albumart/album_large_30164_5056340810e39.jpg&quot; class=&quot;postimg&quot; style=&quot;cursor:pointer;&quot; height=&quot;250&quot; onclick=&quot;window.open('http://albumart.besteveralbums.com/albumart/album_large_30164_5056340810e39.jpg','imgpop','width=500,height=500,status=no,toolbar=no,menubar=no');return false&quot; /&gt;    &lt;span class=&quot;hidden-md hidden-lg&quot;&gt;&lt;small&gt;&lt;br&gt;&lt;i&gt;Thumbnail. Click to enlarge.&lt;/i&gt;&lt;/small&gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/div&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;a href=&quot;http://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?a=30164&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot; rel=&quot;nofollow&quot; class=&quot;nav2&quot;&gt;Untune The Sky by The Moles&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
if it's the chamber pop you're after. &lt;span style=&quot;font-style: italic&quot;&gt;Untune the Sky&lt;/span&gt; is noisier and not far from shoegaze on occasions (still very good, so check both if you're into that too).&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Love this too! Solid Kiwi Rock with just a smidge of shoegaze as you suggest.  Too bad they didn't get more recognition back in the day (at least in the states) because this is great indie rock.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=423572#423572</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Anonymous</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Tue, 1 Dec 2015 08:05:01 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=423572#423572</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Qu'est-ce qu'on s'emmerde.</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=423568#423568</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=-1'&gt;Anonymous&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 12/01/2015 10:46&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;Norman Bates wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;Check out &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;div class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;    &lt;img src=&quot;http://albumart.besteveralbums.com/albumart/album_large_19793_4ec223121bf00.jpg&quot; class=&quot;postimg&quot; style=&quot;cursor:pointer;&quot; height=&quot;250&quot; onclick=&quot;window.open('http://albumart.besteveralbums.com/albumart/album_large_19793_4ec223121bf00.jpg','imgpop','width=500,height=500,status=no,toolbar=no,menubar=no');return false&quot; /&gt;    &lt;span class=&quot;hidden-md hidden-lg&quot;&gt;&lt;small&gt;&lt;br&gt;&lt;i&gt;Thumbnail. Click to enlarge.&lt;/i&gt;&lt;/small&gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/div&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;a href=&quot;http://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?a=19793&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot; rel=&quot;nofollow&quot; class=&quot;nav2&quot;&gt;Instinct by The Moles&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Absolutely LOVING this, Norman! Seems like Cardinal's sound was already fully realized on this release with tracks such as Minor Royal March, Cars For Kings Cross and Cassie Peek. I always thought Eric Matthews was the architect of Cardinal's sound but this roundly disproves that. I mean those track would easily fit right in on Cardinal's s debut and I'd b none the wiser. The rest of the album is super solid indie rock and seems inspired by Soft Boys, Swelll Maps and Syd Barrett. Really some of the tracks kind of remind me of early GBV even. Nice little indie rockers!&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Super impressed. Going to throw this on my 90s chart which I'm using to showcase unheralded 90s gems such as this. Thanks, Norman, for the hook up. Going to check out that other Moles LP really soon.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=423568#423568</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Anonymous</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Tue, 1 Dec 2015 05:46:38 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=423568#423568</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Qu'est-ce qu'on s'emmerde.</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=423519#423519</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=15562'&gt;Norman Bates&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 11/30/2015 19:15&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;span style=&quot;font-weight: bold&quot;&gt;'15&lt;/span&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;div class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;    &lt;img src=&quot;https://i.ytimg.com/vi/3JNIpQ6zPGc/hqdefault.jpg&quot; class=&quot;postimg&quot; style=&quot;cursor:pointer;&quot;  onclick=&quot;window.open('https://i.ytimg.com/vi/3JNIpQ6zPGc/hqdefault.jpg','imgpop','width=480,height=360,status=no,toolbar=no,menubar=no');return false&quot; /&gt;    &lt;span class=&quot;hidden-md hidden-lg&quot;&gt;&lt;small&gt;&lt;br&gt;&lt;i&gt;&lt;/i&gt;&lt;/small&gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/div&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;a href=&quot;http://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?b=13129&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot; rel=&quot;nofollow&quot; class=&quot;nav2&quot;&gt;Skullflower&lt;/a&gt; / Black &lt;a href=&quot;http://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?b=28528&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot; rel=&quot;nofollow&quot; class=&quot;nav2&quot;&gt;Sunroof!&lt;/a&gt;, &lt;span style=&quot;font-style: italic&quot;&gt;Military Temples (for Coil)&lt;/span&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Considering there are already 9 Skullflower releases in our database, I'm quite surprised not to see this one. Anyway, I only knew the remarkable &lt;a href=&quot;http://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?a=30233&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot; rel=&quot;nofollow&quot; class=&quot;nav2&quot;&gt;&lt;span style=&quot;font-style: italic&quot;&gt;IIIrd Gatekeeper&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/a&gt; from their discography, and I quite liked their latest. It's actually some harsh noise remixed/revamped by Sunroof!, i.e. Mathew Bower, a prominent member of... Skullflower. Talk about schizophrenia. The whole album sounds more or less like power electronics, and once again, after the first track I thought I'd found a masterpiece - it sounds like My Bloody Valentine dropping the song format altogether and leaving the amps on autopilot for the passers-by to get deaf too. Beautiful. A masterpiece the album is not, however, mainly because some tracks can get very grating and just plain unpleasant to listen to (&quot;Temple 3&quot; mainly, very difficult to sit through). But most tracks are simply entrancing, and &quot;Temple&quot;s 1 and 7 are absolutely superb. Noise ain't music pollution for sure, and I'm opening to it every day more.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Don't ask me about the &quot;&lt;span style=&quot;font-style: italic&quot;&gt;for &lt;a href=&quot;http://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?b=1816&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot; rel=&quot;nofollow&quot; class=&quot;nav2&quot;&gt;Coil&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/span&gt;&quot; bit, I know not enough Coil releases to know how exactly this is a homage to their music. Anyway, for all those people who like drone, noise, and harsh ambient, this is highly recommened and will make my '15 chart.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=423519#423519</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Norman Bates</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Mon, 30 Nov 2015 14:15:58 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=423519#423519</guid>
                          </item></channel></rss>