<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<rss version="2.0" xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/">
<channel>
  <title>Best Ever Albums</title>
  <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/index.php</link>
  <description>&quot;I get by with a little help from my friends&quot; - The Beatles</description>
  <language>en</language>
  <ttl>1</ttl>
<item>
                            <title>Re: Most Interesting Country for Music</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=455518#455518</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=37489'&gt;misc&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 10/18/2016 00:32&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          A question like this ought to omit the U.K and the U.S.A as options, not to say other countries don't make great music. Lets be honest here, as much as everyone would love to engage in some circle-jerk about how eclectic their tastes are, we all know our charts Have more U.S and U.K albums than any other countries and by quite some margin. &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
I'd actually be interested to see which country would poll highest. My money is on Germany although I could see Canada, Japan, Australia or France taking it too.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=455518#455518</comments>
                            <dc:creator>misc</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Mon, 17 Oct 2016 20:32:48 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=455518#455518</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Most Interesting Country for Music</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=455453#455453</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=-1'&gt;Anonymous&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 10/17/2016 11:53&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Bearing in my mind the population of Iceland is less than the city I live in, they probably have more culture and talent per person than much elsewhere in the world.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=455453#455453</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Anonymous</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Mon, 17 Oct 2016 07:53:07 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=455453#455453</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Most Interesting Country for Music</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=455441#455441</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=36470'&gt;michael44bishop&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 10/17/2016 01:23&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          I think America is the most interesting primarily because most acts that make it big end up moving to the United States if they don't already live there. If it wasn't for that reason, the answer to this question might be a little more difficult.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=455441#455441</comments>
                            <dc:creator>michael44bishop</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Sun, 16 Oct 2016 21:23:02 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=455441#455441</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Most Interesting Country for Music</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=438770#438770</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=-1'&gt;Anonymous&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 04/05/2016 02:56&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          My answer is America. Not an album in my chart, right now, that isn't from America. So I guess I need some recommendations on music, that goes with the flow of my chart, from acts outside my country.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=438770#438770</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Anonymous</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Mon, 4 Apr 2016 22:56:40 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=438770#438770</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Most Interesting Country for Music</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=437668#437668</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=34760'&gt;Space-Dementia&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 03/28/2016 02:13&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Obviously America and England are home to some of the most acclaimed music of all time, but France is definitely up there and Australia has been having a surge of really good and creative new artists recently: Tame Impala, King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard, Pond, Courtney Barnett, and Wolfmother. I think that England had the 60s and 70s, with Bob Dylan, the Beatles, Led Zeppelin, and Pink Floyd, then America and Canada had the 90s and 00s with Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Arcade Fire, Kanye West, Sufjan Stevens, etc., and then Australia is going to have the 10s and 20s with the above mentioned bands.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=437668#437668</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Space-Dementia</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Sun, 27 Mar 2016 22:13:45 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=437668#437668</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Most Interesting Country for Music</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=430872#430872</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=19428'&gt;RoundTheBend&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 02/04/2016 03:58&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;Satie wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;If Norman pulled this up on his computer, the French government is probably in the process of taking him to national prison now. Good going.&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
hahaha&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Also I think I said this earlier but Russian composers are where it's at for me. Diggin me some Shostakovitch right now.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=430872#430872</comments>
                            <dc:creator>RoundTheBend</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Wed, 3 Feb 2016 22:58:09 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=430872#430872</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Most Interesting Country for Music</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=430717#430717</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=-1'&gt;Anonymous&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 02/03/2016 05:58&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;Gowi wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;&lt;div class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;    &lt;img src=&quot;http://i.imgur.com/QUyIwn2.jpg&quot; class=&quot;postimg&quot; style=&quot;cursor:pointer;&quot;  onclick=&quot;window.open('http://i.imgur.com/QUyIwn2.jpg','imgpop','width=500,height=250,status=no,toolbar=no,menubar=no');return false&quot; /&gt;    &lt;span class=&quot;hidden-md hidden-lg&quot;&gt;&lt;small&gt;&lt;br&gt;&lt;i&gt;&lt;/i&gt;&lt;/small&gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/div&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
If Norman pulled this up on his computer, the French government is probably in the process of taking him to national prison now. Good going.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=430717#430717</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Anonymous</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Wed, 3 Feb 2016 00:58:35 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=430717#430717</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Most Interesting Country for Music</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=430692#430692</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=19428'&gt;RoundTheBend&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 02/03/2016 03:32&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;Gowi wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;Haha, nice to see my jokish post was taken well. No, but really; the English-speaking world doesn't have a monopoly on music and like a few others it bothers me that people exclusively put the United States and United Kingdom over others when interesting expression exists in Central Europe, Scandinavia, Eastern Asia, and so on.&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
You know... I totally agree. I don't think that music from those areas are bad, I think it's more like difficult to relate to something not in English. There's plenty of Central European and Scandanavian bands that sing in English &lt;span style=&quot;font-weight: bold&quot;&gt;probably&lt;/span&gt; mostly for that point. And I like them.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
There are a few groups that I like that don't do that, but I don't have the same connection with them, except for Sigor Ros... somehow that band just transcends any language barrier and makes it amazing. Gipsy Kings are another great group that do well regardless of not singing in English, but I don't connect with them as much as Sigor Ros or another English speaking group. There's another Japanese band that kinda makes fun of J-Pop called Pizzicato that I like, but I would never rate them as great or anything. &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
What's funny is I don't really even listen to the lyrics, so on one side I stand by that argument and then another side of me says it is total rubbish. &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
It seems kinda true with other forms of media like film. American/British/Australian films dominate, and then there's those gems of foreign films, which often are better than anything the English world makes, that are AMAZING.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=430692#430692</comments>
                            <dc:creator>RoundTheBend</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Tue, 2 Feb 2016 22:32:23 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=430692#430692</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Most Interesting Country for Music</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=430540#430540</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=27018'&gt;mickilennial&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 02/02/2016 10:13&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;dividesbyzero wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;uh I'm sure Nazi Canada (and territories) would make some &lt;span style=&quot;font-style: italic&quot;&gt;interesting&lt;/span&gt; music but idk how much I'd really feel like listening to it&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;sethmadsen wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;WTF??? hhahaha. &lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Haha, nice to see my jokish post was taken well. No, but really; the English-speaking world doesn't have a monopoly on music and like a few others it bothers me that people exclusively put the United States and United Kingdom over others when interesting expression exists in Central Europe, Scandinavia, Eastern Asia, and so on.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=430540#430540</comments>
                            <dc:creator>mickilennial</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Tue, 2 Feb 2016 05:13:59 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=430540#430540</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Most Interesting Country for Music</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=430522#430522</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=19428'&gt;RoundTheBend&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 02/02/2016 05:02&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;Gowi wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;&lt;div class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;    &lt;img src=&quot;http://i.imgur.com/QUyIwn2.jpg&quot; class=&quot;postimg&quot; style=&quot;cursor:pointer;&quot;  onclick=&quot;window.open('http://i.imgur.com/QUyIwn2.jpg','imgpop','width=500,height=250,status=no,toolbar=no,menubar=no');return false&quot; /&gt;    &lt;span class=&quot;hidden-md hidden-lg&quot;&gt;&lt;small&gt;&lt;br&gt;&lt;i&gt;&lt;/i&gt;&lt;/small&gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/div&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
WTF??? hhahaha.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Also forgot to mention that for pre-Jazz era, I prefer the Russian composers over any other country (yes Germany/Austria is close second... but something about the Russians).</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=430522#430522</comments>
                            <dc:creator>RoundTheBend</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Tue, 2 Feb 2016 00:02:14 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=430522#430522</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Most Interesting Country for Music</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=430285#430285</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=-1'&gt;Anonymous&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 01/31/2016 09:07&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;Gowi wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;&lt;div class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;    &lt;img src=&quot;http://i.imgur.com/QUyIwn2.jpg&quot; class=&quot;postimg&quot; style=&quot;cursor:pointer;&quot;  onclick=&quot;window.open('http://i.imgur.com/QUyIwn2.jpg','imgpop','width=500,height=250,status=no,toolbar=no,menubar=no');return false&quot; /&gt;    &lt;span class=&quot;hidden-md hidden-lg&quot;&gt;&lt;small&gt;&lt;br&gt;&lt;i&gt;&lt;/i&gt;&lt;/small&gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/div&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
uh I'm sure Nazi Canada (and territories) would make some &lt;span style=&quot;font-style: italic&quot;&gt;interesting&lt;/span&gt; music but idk how much I'd really feel like listening to it</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=430285#430285</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Anonymous</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Sun, 31 Jan 2016 04:07:04 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=430285#430285</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Most Interesting Country for Music</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=430280#430280</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=27018'&gt;mickilennial&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 01/31/2016 08:13&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;div class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;    &lt;img src=&quot;http://i.imgur.com/QUyIwn2.jpg&quot; class=&quot;postimg&quot; style=&quot;cursor:pointer;&quot;  onclick=&quot;window.open('http://i.imgur.com/QUyIwn2.jpg','imgpop','width=500,height=250,status=no,toolbar=no,menubar=no');return false&quot; /&gt;    &lt;span class=&quot;hidden-md hidden-lg&quot;&gt;&lt;small&gt;&lt;br&gt;&lt;i&gt;&lt;/i&gt;&lt;/small&gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/div&gt;</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=430280#430280</comments>
                            <dc:creator>mickilennial</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Sun, 31 Jan 2016 03:13:41 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=430280#430280</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Most Interesting Country for Music</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=430279#430279</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=19428'&gt;RoundTheBend&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 01/31/2016 08:01&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          UK has the staples/big bands: Beatles, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Stones, etc. Hell even half of U2 were born in the UK.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
America has the, well... everything else... hehe... don't know how else to say it. Simply put it's the diversity and inspiration for those big bands. I think there was a UK vs USA thread and many said it better than I did, but I happened to agree with most of what was said.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Because I love me big bands, I put down UK.... and yes I know the English hate being called UK... they are the superior race, right?</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=430279#430279</comments>
                            <dc:creator>RoundTheBend</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Sun, 31 Jan 2016 03:01:46 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=430279#430279</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Most Interesting Country for Music</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=428240#428240</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=26833'&gt;craola&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 01/15/2016 22:47&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;meccalecca wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;The fact that we got a futuristic sounding record out of the Congo last year still baffles me.&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
whoa hold the phone drop the horses keep your pants on&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
which album you talking about? what did i miss?&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
*edit: is this the one you're talking about?&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;div class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;    &lt;img src=&quot;http://albumart.besteveralbums.com/albumart/album_large_80734_555b78d536fe4.jpg&quot; class=&quot;postimg&quot; style=&quot;cursor:pointer;&quot; height=&quot;250&quot; onclick=&quot;window.open('http://albumart.besteveralbums.com/albumart/album_large_80734_555b78d536fe4.jpg','imgpop','width=500,height=500,status=no,toolbar=no,menubar=no');return false&quot; /&gt;    &lt;span class=&quot;hidden-md hidden-lg&quot;&gt;&lt;small&gt;&lt;br&gt;&lt;i&gt;Thumbnail. Click to enlarge.&lt;/i&gt;&lt;/small&gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/div&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;a href=&quot;http://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?a=80734&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot; rel=&quot;nofollow&quot; class=&quot;nav2&quot;&gt;From Kinshasa by Mbongwana Star&lt;/a&gt;</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=428240#428240</comments>
                            <dc:creator>craola</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Fri, 15 Jan 2016 17:47:04 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=428240#428240</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Most Interesting Country for Music</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=428216#428216</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=19074'&gt;alelsupreme&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 01/15/2016 20:20&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;dividesbyzero wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;&lt;div class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;    &lt;img src=&quot;https://i.ytimg.com/vi/6V_LQgl8v5E/maxresdefault.jpg&quot; class=&quot;postimg&quot; style=&quot;cursor:pointer;&quot; height=&quot;250&quot; onclick=&quot;window.open('https://i.ytimg.com/vi/6V_LQgl8v5E/maxresdefault.jpg','imgpop','width=2126,height=2126,status=no,toolbar=no,menubar=no');return false&quot; /&gt;    &lt;span class=&quot;hidden-md hidden-lg&quot;&gt;&lt;small&gt;&lt;br&gt;&lt;i&gt;Thumbnail. Click to enlarge.&lt;/i&gt;&lt;/small&gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/div&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;div class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;    &lt;img src=&quot;http://www.scotsman.com/webimage/1.3763776.1430842574!/image/1428974873.jpg_gen/derivatives/articleMaxWidth_620/1428974873.jpg&quot; class=&quot;postimg&quot; style=&quot;cursor:pointer;&quot; width=&quot;500&quot; onclick=&quot;window.open('http://www.scotsman.com/webimage/1.3763776.1430842574!/image/1428974873.jpg_gen/derivatives/articleMaxWidth_620/1428974873.jpg','imgpop','width=620,height=441,status=no,toolbar=no,menubar=no');return false&quot; /&gt;    &lt;span class=&quot;hidden-md hidden-lg&quot;&gt;&lt;small&gt;&lt;br&gt;&lt;i&gt;Thumbnail. Click to enlarge.&lt;/i&gt;&lt;/small&gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/div&gt;</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=428216#428216</comments>
                            <dc:creator>alelsupreme</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Fri, 15 Jan 2016 15:20:14 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=428216#428216</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Most Interesting Country for Music</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=428208#428208</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=25885'&gt;meccalecca&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 01/15/2016 19:43&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Really impossible to assess. I agree with sentiments about Jamaica. I think any small country whose output is enormous is rather interesting. Nigeria, Ghana, and Mali are all pretty remarkable. The fact that we got a futuristic sounding record out of the Congo last year still baffles me. &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Naturally, the United States is a melting pot for culture thanks to immigration and that's generally resulted in an incredibly unique output from this country over the past century which of course in a blink in time in comparison to much of the rest of the world</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=428208#428208</comments>
                            <dc:creator>meccalecca</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Fri, 15 Jan 2016 14:43:46 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=428208#428208</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Most Interesting Country for Music</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=428154#428154</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=17730'&gt;Jimmy Dread&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 01/15/2016 15:03&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;Satie wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;Jamaica has obviously had major cultural exchanges with England and the U.S. (and Germans Ernestus and Von Oswald of Basic Channel most of all!! hehe) that have resulted in some of my absolute favorite genres of music. between dancehall, dub, and reggae, Jamaica might have claim to a root genre or more of every form of music I actively seek out in new releases.&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Personally speaking I listen to more music from the US than anywhere else, but seeing as this thread seems to be about highlighting the 'most interesting' country for music (as well as giving a 'big up' to somewhere, like some amateur sort of tourist information film that you see in budget hotels) I'm going to stick with my 'one (true) love'...&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
It's probably little surprise that I would have picked Jamaica given my tastes, and I wholeheartedly concur with Satie's words above. From studio expertise and wizardry (often using the most basic kit), to club culture, to smooth soul, to the art of the remix, to hip-hop and drum 'n' bass, without Jamaican influence the modern musical landscape would be very different. And also don't overlook the DIY aesthetic that's inherent in the country's record production - taking Island out of the equation, you've got a bucket-load of little labels in the 60s and 70s (alongside the likes of Studio One and Treasure Isle) that pre-dated the post-punk cottage industry-independents by a fair few years.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
People hear one Bob Marley track (or light up a fat one to the satiated sounds of &lt;span style=&quot;font-style: italic&quot;&gt;Legend&lt;/span&gt;) or watch &lt;span style=&quot;font-style: italic&quot;&gt;The Harder They Come&lt;/span&gt; and think they've got the whole scene sussed. Twats. Open your ears and turn up the bass. One love.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=428154#428154</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Jimmy Dread</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Fri, 15 Jan 2016 10:03:14 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=428154#428154</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Most Interesting Country for Music</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=428133#428133</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=-1'&gt;Anonymous&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 01/15/2016 05:38&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          i think usa cause it has invented many different types of music and is my favorite</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=428133#428133</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Anonymous</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Fri, 15 Jan 2016 00:38:40 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=428133#428133</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Most Interesting Country for Music</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=428130#428130</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=-1'&gt;Anonymous&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 01/15/2016 04:50&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;div class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;    &lt;img src=&quot;https://i.ytimg.com/vi/6V_LQgl8v5E/maxresdefault.jpg&quot; class=&quot;postimg&quot; style=&quot;cursor:pointer;&quot; height=&quot;250&quot; onclick=&quot;window.open('https://i.ytimg.com/vi/6V_LQgl8v5E/maxresdefault.jpg','imgpop','width=2126,height=2126,status=no,toolbar=no,menubar=no');return false&quot; /&gt;    &lt;span class=&quot;hidden-md hidden-lg&quot;&gt;&lt;small&gt;&lt;br&gt;&lt;i&gt;Thumbnail. Click to enlarge.&lt;/i&gt;&lt;/small&gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/div&gt;</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=428130#428130</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Anonymous</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Thu, 14 Jan 2016 23:50:48 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=428130#428130</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Most Interesting Country for Music</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=428127#428127</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=-1'&gt;Anonymous&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 01/15/2016 03:58&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          it sorta snuck up on me this winter how much Eastern Europe might be my favorite region for experimental music between Romania and Poland. i'm one of those insufferable people who thinks the Teutonic (German) composition tradition is basically unmatched in the west pound-for-pound era-for-era, though the French actually get it together by the 20th century with the whole tape music thing. i listen most to American music and then English obviously, though my charts are indicating to me that Germany tends to beat England in the quality department, though that might change when I get around to my 2010s chart. &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Jamaica has obviously had major cultural exchanges with England and the U.S. (and Germans Ernestus and Von Oswald of Basic Channel most of all!! hehe) that have resulted in some of my absolute favorite genres of music. between dancehall, dub, and reggae, Jamaica might have claim to a root genre or more of every form of music I actively seek out in new releases. Japan is tops for non-western countries according to my charts, though. I think the fact that Japan (Tokyo mainly) basically serves as a second or third base for New York- and Berlin-based avant-gardists in EAI and Noise mainly but in other genres too gives it that edge. Brazil and West African nations like Ghana, Nigeria, and Benin have rich traditions of improving on more traditional forms of jazz music so I listen to stuff from those places a lot.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;benpaco wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;Legitimate question, but does this count as a country?&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Alba gu bràth, motherfucker</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=428127#428127</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Anonymous</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Thu, 14 Jan 2016 22:58:30 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=428127#428127</guid>
                          </item></channel></rss>