<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<rss version="2.0" xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/">
<channel>
  <title>Best Ever Albums</title>
  <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/index.php</link>
  <description>&quot;I get by with a little help from my friends&quot; - The Beatles</description>
  <language>en</language>
  <ttl>1</ttl>
<item>
                            <title>Re: BEA's Best Films of The 70's [List]</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=435950#435950</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=16394'&gt;Applerill&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 03/12/2016 22:05&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;Norman Bates wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;Hayden wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
The remainder of the #1/#2's didn't make the list.&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Was sure &lt;span style=&quot;font-style: italic&quot;&gt;La maman et la putain&lt;/span&gt; would make the list. Shame, I can't recommend it highly enough.&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
I dun liek dat movie, because it's makin fun of me &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;Sad&quot;&gt;🙁&lt;/span&gt; Here's a conversation I had with a Cubazed voice in my head while watching it:&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Me: Dang, Stone, the Breathless guy is such a douchebag here. He's misogynist and annoying to the point where I can't take another hour of this.&lt;br /&gt;
Cubazed: That's because he sounds just like you, Charlie.&lt;br /&gt;
Me: Really? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! WORST. MOVIE. EVER!!!&lt;br /&gt;
Cubazed: Suit yourself, Charlie. &lt;br /&gt;
Me: This movie is misogynist, and it's way too long and BORINGGGGGGGG.&lt;br /&gt;
Cubazed: .......What's your favorite movie again, Charlie?&lt;br /&gt;
Me: Screw you, Stone. I'm going to watch some Adam Sandler instead of this crap. &lt;br /&gt;
Cubazed: Have fun, Charlie.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
(That Pauline Kael review is pretty great, though.)</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=435950#435950</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Applerill</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Sat, 12 Mar 2016 17:05:08 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=435950#435950</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: BEA's Best Films of The 70's [List]</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=435940#435940</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=27395'&gt;WindowAbove&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 03/12/2016 20:20&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          I really liked this list, it's definitely one of the better ones that we've done. The top 5 is perfect and I love the high placements of Badlands, Chinatown, French Connection, Network, Jaws, Deer Hunter, etc. I did feel that Rocky, Dog Day Afternoon, Manhattan, Alien, Holy Grail, and Days of Heaven (which I just saw for the first time with Badlands this past week) were rather low, and Eraserhead is Lynch's most overrated film, but it's still a good list. Excited for the 60s list, I'd like to contribute to that one. (Also you wrote that Barry Lyndon was directed by Michael Cimino when it was Kubrick, and #71 Picnic at Hanging Rock is from '75 and directed by Peter Weir)</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=435940#435940</comments>
                            <dc:creator>WindowAbove</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Sat, 12 Mar 2016 15:20:02 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=435940#435940</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: BEA's Best Films of The 70's [List]</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=435923#435923</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=15562'&gt;Norman Bates&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 03/12/2016 17:41&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;Hayden wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
The remainder of the #1/#2's didn't make the list.&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Was sure &lt;span style=&quot;font-style: italic&quot;&gt;La maman et la putain&lt;/span&gt; would make the list. Shame, I can't recommend it highly enough.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=435923#435923</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Norman Bates</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Sat, 12 Mar 2016 12:41:37 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=435923#435923</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: BEA's Best Films of The 70's [List]</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=435910#435910</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=18698'&gt;Hayden&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 03/12/2016 16:16&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;CryingGameDahlin wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;Yeah I think I can stomach a poor showing from the Sound of Music&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Anyways what were all the films that got #1 votes this time around?&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Here ya go, will edit it into the list. I just noticed now that Taxi Driver was actually no one's #1. &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Two #1's:&lt;br /&gt;
Annie Hall&lt;br /&gt;
Stalker&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
One #1:&lt;br /&gt;
The Mirror&lt;br /&gt;
The Godfather&lt;br /&gt;
Deliverance&lt;br /&gt;
Solaris&lt;br /&gt;
Star Wars&lt;br /&gt;
A Clockwork Orange&lt;br /&gt;
Days Of Heaven&lt;br /&gt;
House&lt;br /&gt;
Harold and Maude&lt;br /&gt;
Picnic At Hanging Rock&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Two #2's:&lt;br /&gt;
Apocalypse Now&lt;br /&gt;
Eraserhead&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
One #2:&lt;br /&gt;
The Deer Hunter&lt;br /&gt;
The Godfather Part 2&lt;br /&gt;
The Rocky Horror Picture Show&lt;br /&gt;
Tristana&lt;br /&gt;
Alien&lt;br /&gt;
Taxi Driver&lt;br /&gt;
El Topo&lt;br /&gt;
One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest&lt;br /&gt;
Lady Snowblood&lt;br /&gt;
Aguirre, The Wrath of God&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
The remainder of the #1/#2's didn't make the list.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=435910#435910</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Hayden</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Sat, 12 Mar 2016 11:16:40 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=435910#435910</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: BEA's Best Films of The 70's [List]</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=435844#435844</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=-1'&gt;Anonymous&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 03/11/2016 22:44&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;Mercury wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;special downright perfect production...&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
You just described My Fair Lady.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Okay, so here's the pitch: adapted from the play &quot;Pygmalion&quot; it's about a linguistics professor who starts a bet with a friend wherein he can take a flower girl off the street and in six months train her to be so refined that he can pass her off as a duchess at an Embassy ball. Audrey Hepburn, Rex Harrison, Stanley Holloway, and Jeremy Brett star.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Won Best Picture Oscar in 1964 and is one of the most expertly staged musicals I've ever seen. Luttle dancing though, so Gene Kelly fans will be disappointed.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
My only complaint about the film is that a few of the actor's singing voices are dubbed (behind their backs. They were told their own voices would be used) but that's hardly enough to wreck the film for me. Plus, Audrey Hepburn shines like nowhere else. Her transformation in the film is astonishing and makes me wonder why she's so closely associated with Holly Golightly rather than Eliza Doolittle.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Also, &quot;The Street Where You Live&quot; is the best song ever composed for a musical. Even if you don't get a chance to see the movie, listen to Nat King Cole's cover. Beautiful.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=435844#435844</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Anonymous</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Fri, 11 Mar 2016 17:44:35 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=435844#435844</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: BEA's Best Films of The 70's [List]</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=435843#435843</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=33508'&gt;badseed&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 03/11/2016 22:34&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;Mercury wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;Sadly I've never seen it. Sorry. I like the sound of music pretty well. And I really like West Side Story. It really takes a special downright perfect production to make me stomach much of any musical. I generally am just so uncomfortable watching actors sing. Idk why.&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
I felt this way for the longest time. Always loved The Wizard of Oz of course. Then when I was like 15 I finally decided to pop in the Singin in the Rain DVD I had asked for the previous Christmas after months of hesitation. That movie was so fun I decided to stop being a chode and went on a musical binge. I've gone about 50/50 on liking them. Usually it seems I prefer the ones with classic musical stars (Garland, Astaire, Rogers, Kelly, Chevalier...) and am not big on the ones with serious actors. Of course there are a nice handful of selections. But truthfully there's only about five live action musicals that I hold in high enough regard to consider for my own personal top 250 favorites of all time.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=435843#435843</comments>
                            <dc:creator>badseed</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Fri, 11 Mar 2016 17:34:47 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=435843#435843</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: BEA's Best Films of The 70's [List]</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=435839#435839</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=25123'&gt;Mercury&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 03/11/2016 21:45&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;nutso42 wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;As long as we all agree that My Fair Lady is great and deserves top 100 ranking.&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Sadly I've never seen it. Sorry. I like the sound of music pretty well. And I really like West Side Story. It really takes a special downright perfect production to make me stomach much of any musical. I generally am just so uncomfortable watching actors sing. Idk why.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=435839#435839</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Mercury</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Fri, 11 Mar 2016 16:45:26 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=435839#435839</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: BEA's Best Films of The 70's [List]</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=435762#435762</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=-1'&gt;Anonymous&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 03/11/2016 14:49&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;CryingGameDahlin wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;Yeah I think I can stomach a poor showing from the Sound of Music&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
As long as we all agree that My Fair Lady is great and deserves top 100 ranking.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=435762#435762</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Anonymous</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Fri, 11 Mar 2016 09:49:39 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=435762#435762</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: BEA's Best Films of The 70's [List]</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=435742#435742</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=18698'&gt;Hayden&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 03/11/2016 04:33&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;CryingGameDahlin wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
Anyways what were all the films that got #1 votes this time around?&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
....  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;Neutral&quot;&gt;😐&lt;/span&gt; &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Woops.  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;Anxious&quot;&gt;😨&lt;/span&gt; &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
I totally forgot to do that this time around.... I can go back to the tally sheet and figure it out though. I'll post that tomorrow.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=435742#435742</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Hayden</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Thu, 10 Mar 2016 23:33:08 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=435742#435742</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: BEA's Best Films of The 70's [List]</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=435741#435741</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=35882'&gt;cestuneblague&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 03/11/2016 04:24&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Yeah I think I can stomach a poor showing from the Sound of Music&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Anyways what were all the films that got #1 votes this time around?</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=435741#435741</comments>
                            <dc:creator>cestuneblague</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Thu, 10 Mar 2016 23:24:39 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=435741#435741</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: BEA's Best Films of The 70's [List]</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=435650#435650</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=16394'&gt;Applerill&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 03/10/2016 12:57&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;nutso42 wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;I must be an extremely dark cold person.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Because everybody wants to be a cat.&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=435650#435650</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Applerill</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Thu, 10 Mar 2016 07:57:18 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=435650#435650</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: BEA's Best Films of The 70's [List]</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=435648#435648</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=-1'&gt;Anonymous&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 03/10/2016 11:26&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;badseed wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;It takes an extremely dark cold person to not shed tears of joy when she returns to the Von Trapp family to the delight of the children.&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
I must be an extremely dark cold person.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;badseed wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;Can anyone explain why so many people wanted/expected The Aristocats to make the list?&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Because everybody wants to be a cat.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=435648#435648</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Anonymous</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Thu, 10 Mar 2016 06:26:28 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=435648#435648</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: BEA's Best Films of The 70's [List]</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=435595#435595</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=33508'&gt;badseed&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 03/09/2016 20:12&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          I also think West Side Story is far superior in a cinematic sense. But The Sound of Music is like the ultimate feel good family movie. It takes an extremely dark cold person to not shed tears of joy when she returns to the Von Trapp family to the delight of the children.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Can anyone explain why so many people wanted/expected The Aristocats to make the list? I'm a cat person so to speak and even as a child I considered it middle of the pack at best when it comes to Disney movies. I don't think it would even make my top 300 of the decade and that's out of an estimated 350 movies seen.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=435595#435595</comments>
                            <dc:creator>badseed</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Wed, 9 Mar 2016 15:12:46 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=435595#435595</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: BEA's Best Films of The 70's [List]</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=435588#435588</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=16394'&gt;Applerill&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 03/09/2016 17:41&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;nutso42 wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;Sound of Music, however, is dreck.&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=435588#435588</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Applerill</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Wed, 9 Mar 2016 12:41:35 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=435588#435588</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: BEA's Best Films of The 70's [List]</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=435587#435587</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=17748'&gt;19loveless91&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 03/09/2016 17:09&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Yeah it's a good list, but come on guys, Solaris is your favourite Tarkovsky? Meh. &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
I &quot;forgot&quot; to vote in this one, but I think my top 2 would be the same as this one.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=435587#435587</comments>
                            <dc:creator>19loveless91</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Wed, 9 Mar 2016 12:09:56 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=435587#435587</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: BEA's Best Films of The 70's [List]</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=435584#435584</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=27184'&gt;benpaco&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 03/09/2016 16:43&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;nutso42 wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;West Side Stiry I'm including as well. Sound of Music, however, is dreck.&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;img src=&quot;https://media.giphy.com/media/mjCaQoS4O7jEs/giphy.gif&quot; class=&quot;postimg&quot; /&gt;</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=435584#435584</comments>
                            <dc:creator>benpaco</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Wed, 9 Mar 2016 11:43:27 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=435584#435584</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: BEA's Best Films of The 70's [List]</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=435583#435583</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=29810'&gt;Skinny&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 03/09/2016 16:42&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          This list is easily my favourite of these so far, even if many of my favourites are missing. I realise I'm a dumbass for missing the deadline (haven't been around here much recently), and I literally just put my list together after watching some stuff I've been meaning to catch up on for a while, so if anybody's interested you can see it &lt;a href=&quot;http://letterboxd.com/lethalnezzle/list/favourite-films-of-the-1970s/&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot; rel=&quot;nofollow&quot; class=&quot;nav2&quot;&gt;here&lt;/a&gt;.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Anyway, good job Hayden!</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=435583#435583</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Skinny</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Wed, 9 Mar 2016 11:42:43 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=435583#435583</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: BEA's Best Films of The 70's [List]</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=435553#435553</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=-1'&gt;Anonymous&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 03/09/2016 11:24&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;badseed wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;Also even though I guess I have a reputation as an arthouse snob I'll be ranking both West Side Story and The Sound of Music pretty high and hope they make a good showing though I don't expect it.&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
West Side Stiry I'm including as well. Sound of Music, however, is dreck.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
My Fair Lady on the other hand, is in my top five!</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=435553#435553</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Anonymous</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Wed, 9 Mar 2016 06:24:04 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=435553#435553</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: BEA's Best Films of The 70's [List]</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=435538#435538</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=33508'&gt;badseed&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 03/09/2016 07:22&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          For the record I had both in mind. 2001 more likely but 8 1/2 was my backup guess. I'm personally voting Persona #1 but not expecting it to be number one although it deserves it in my mind. The only person that MAY have more than Bergman on my list (and possibly ours) is Godard. As for Psycho I love it but I'm hoping Rosemary's Baby or Night of the Living Dead is our top horror film. Also expecting both Tarkovsky films to make the cut, Andrei Rublev should be top ten. Big fan of Liberty Valance but the top western by an American director will hopefully be The Wild Bunch. Also even though I guess I have a reputation as an arthouse snob I'll be ranking both West Side Story and The Sound of Music pretty high and hope they make a good showing though I don't expect it.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=435538#435538</comments>
                            <dc:creator>badseed</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Wed, 9 Mar 2016 02:22:03 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=435538#435538</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: BEA's Best Films of The 70's [List]</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=435480#435480</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=18698'&gt;Hayden&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 03/08/2016 22:07&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;Mercury wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;Nah... It's going to be &quot;The Man Who Shot Liberty Valence&quot;. Or, more seriously, Psycho&quot; or &quot;Persona&quot;. We shall see. But &quot;8 1/2&quot; will be high.&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
It's strange, my mind immediately jumped to 8 1/2 as well when I read that post.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=435480#435480</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Hayden</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Tue, 8 Mar 2016 17:07:22 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=435480#435480</guid>
                          </item></channel></rss>