<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<rss version="2.0" xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/">
<channel>
  <title>Best Ever Albums</title>
  <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/index.php</link>
  <description>&quot;I get by with a little help from my friends&quot; - The Beatles</description>
  <language>en</language>
  <ttl>1</ttl>
<item>
                            <title>Re: The goldest golden age of hip hop?</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=464645#464645</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=25377'&gt;Graeme2&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 02/18/2017 09:07&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Agree with all that. For me THE golden age is post raising hell and pre 36 chambers, immediately followed by part 2 ending around 96.. I'm not a fan of a lot of the stuff around now but I wouldn't argue against people viewing now as some sort of classic era. Time will tell but you just have to look at the reaction from critics and fans alike and look at BEA and RYM charts to see why. As has been said its great to see how it's pushing forward and evolving as a genre even though mostly not to my tastes. Im an older guy who grew up with the late 80s stuff so the fact I'm not keen on the newer version means its probably doing its job right! There's still plenty rap being created now that I enjoy but it's probably a bit more throwback in its outlook. I actually like the music on some of the kendrick stuff and last Danny brown but not a fan of the vocal.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=464645#464645</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Graeme2</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Sat, 18 Feb 2017 04:07:07 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=464645#464645</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: The goldest golden age of hip hop?</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=464640#464640</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=34789'&gt;Komorebi-D&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 02/18/2017 08:23&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;Skinny wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;Everybody should check out the new Quelle Chris album - it rocks my socks.&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
An accurate summation.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=464640#464640</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Komorebi-D</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Sat, 18 Feb 2017 03:23:01 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=464640#464640</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: The goldest golden age of hip hop?</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=464604#464604</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=38915'&gt;slurpdurp&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 02/17/2017 20:52&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;louisjwyatt wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;right now, I think hip hop has seen a lot of fresh ideas where some genres have seemingly stagnated. As I said, I love hip hop from all decades - although some has understandably not aged well - but I think this may turn out to be hip hop's finest moment, and I believe there are still greater things to come for the genre.&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
This sums it up. Hip-hop is doing some awesome things lately, especially with artists like Kendrick Lamar, Danny Brown, and (dare I say) Kanye West and even J. Cole experimenting with it and really spicing it up. Compared to other genres, it's the most exciting. I'm excited to see what the future holds for it. I'm no expert on 80s-90s hip-hop, but I do love listening to the post 2010 world of rap. &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
NF is probably in my top 5 rappers right now too, he's really making a case for himself to be in this discussion.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=464604#464604</comments>
                            <dc:creator>slurpdurp</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Fri, 17 Feb 2017 15:52:30 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=464604#464604</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: The goldest golden age of hip hop?</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=464587#464587</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=18167'&gt;jhuik&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 02/17/2017 18:48&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Awesome responses, my BEA homies. (My age? 52 lol.)</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=464587#464587</comments>
                            <dc:creator>jhuik</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Fri, 17 Feb 2017 13:48:05 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=464587#464587</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: The goldest golden age of hip hop?</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=464572#464572</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=29810'&gt;Skinny&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 02/17/2017 16:40&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Over a third of my hip-hop chart is made up of albums released between 1992 and 1996 (inclusive), so I reckon that seems like a decent choice. Hip-hop's in a pretty great place currently, too. Everybody should check out the new Quelle Chris album - it rocks my socks.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=464572#464572</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Skinny</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Fri, 17 Feb 2017 11:40:43 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=464572#464572</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: The goldest golden age of hip hop?</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=464571#464571</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=28261'&gt;louisjwyatt&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 02/17/2017 16:38&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          For me, it's not really a question of when the golden age was. I personally can appreciate a lot of '80s-'90s hip hop, but without comparing those artists to present ones, the important thing is that (in my opinion) the most interesting things happening in music right now are coming out of hip hop. That could be said about the '90s as well (although there was still a lot of new ground being broken in pop and rock, especially with things like shoegaze), but right now, I think hip hop has seen a lot of fresh ideas where some genres have seemingly stagnated. As I said, I love hip hop from all decades - although some has understandably not aged well - but I think this may turn out to be hip hop's finest moment, and I believe there are still greater things to come for the genre.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=464571#464571</comments>
                            <dc:creator>louisjwyatt</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Fri, 17 Feb 2017 11:38:53 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=464571#464571</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: The goldest golden age of hip hop?</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=464570#464570</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=37649'&gt;Daydreamer&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 02/17/2017 16:19&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;Norman Bates wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;&quot;&lt;span style=&quot;font-style: italic&quot;&gt;Is this some kind of new golden age?&lt;/span&gt;&quot;&lt;br /&gt;
If you decide so, well then, it is.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&quot;&lt;span style=&quot;font-style: italic&quot;&gt;When was the real golden age?&lt;/span&gt;&quot;&lt;br /&gt;
I'm sort of a 87 (first Eric B &amp; Rakim) - 96 (last salvo of really great Wu-Tang solo projects) enthusiast, but I'm almost 45 years-old, and my view tells more about my age than about the history of hip-hop.&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Yes everybody I know who listenes to rap thinks late 80's to mid 90's was the golden age with Biggie, 2Pac, Nas, Wu Tang and many others, while on this site they and their albums are ranked significantly lower than modern rappers.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=464570#464570</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Daydreamer</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Fri, 17 Feb 2017 11:19:10 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=464570#464570</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: The goldest golden age of hip hop?</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=464565#464565</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=15562'&gt;Norman Bates&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 02/17/2017 15:59&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &quot;&lt;span style=&quot;font-style: italic&quot;&gt;Is this some kind of new golden age?&lt;/span&gt;&quot;&lt;br /&gt;
If you decide so, well then, it is.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&quot;&lt;span style=&quot;font-style: italic&quot;&gt;When was the real golden age?&lt;/span&gt;&quot;&lt;br /&gt;
I'm sort of a 87 (first Eric B &amp; Rakim) - 96 (last salvo of really great Wu-Tang solo projects) enthusiast, but I'm almost 45 years-old, and my view tells more about my age than about the history of hip-hop.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=464565#464565</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Norman Bates</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Fri, 17 Feb 2017 10:59:03 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=464565#464565</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: The goldest golden age of hip hop?</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=464563#464563</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=39881'&gt;hereforashortime&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 02/17/2017 15:43&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          I think the real golden age of hip hop was probably like 1988-1997 (2pac, Biggie, NWA, NAS)</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=464563#464563</comments>
                            <dc:creator>hereforashortime</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Fri, 17 Feb 2017 10:43:21 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=464563#464563</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>The goldest golden age of hip hop?</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=464552#464552</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=18167'&gt;jhuik&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 02/17/2017 12:03&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          I'm hardly an expert on hip hop, and also I am an old white coot... but I have to say that I am quite excited about the hip hop I have heard the last few years. Are we in a new golden age, even? I mean... Kendrick, Danny Brown, Chance, Run the Fuckin Jewels (lordy lordy!), Tribe Called Quest's latest, Anderson .Paak, late Kanye.... all pretty great. (Add your own: Drake? Ab-Soul? J-Cole?).... Is this some kind of new golden age? When was the real golden age? How many great eras have there been, and where does this era stand on that list?</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=464552#464552</comments>
                            <dc:creator>jhuik</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Fri, 17 Feb 2017 07:03:07 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=464552#464552</guid>
                          </item></channel></rss>