<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<rss version="2.0" xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/">
<channel>
  <title>Best Ever Albums</title>
  <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/index.php</link>
  <description>&quot;I get by with a little help from my friends&quot; - The Beatles</description>
  <language>en</language>
  <ttl>1</ttl>
<item>
                            <title>Re: Musical &amp;quot;Phases&amp;quot; You've Gone Through</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=48668#48668</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=18180'&gt;GARY&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 08/03/2011 03:21&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;Jackwc wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;RedJonny7 wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;Nowadays I only listen to Radiohead, I can't hear anything else (only Strokes, Sigur Ros and XX)&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
That's kinda ridiculous. And not in a good way.&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
I say it's downright disturbing and quite frankly insane  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;Shocked&quot;&gt;😲&lt;/span&gt; &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=48668#48668</comments>
                            <dc:creator>GARY</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Tue, 2 Aug 2011 23:21:20 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=48668#48668</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Musical &amp;quot;Phases&amp;quot; You've Gone Through</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=48636#48636</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=18748'&gt;Jackwc&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 08/03/2011 00:01&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;RedJonny7 wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;Nowadays I only listen to Radiohead, I can't hear anything else (only Strokes, Sigur Ros and XX)&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
That's kinda ridiculous. And not in a good way.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=48636#48636</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Jackwc</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Tue, 2 Aug 2011 20:01:31 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=48636#48636</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Musical &amp;quot;Phases&amp;quot; You've Gone Through</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=48514#48514</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=19295'&gt;btener11&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 08/02/2011 04:33&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Assuming that a phase constitutes an extended period of time listening to little or nothing but a single artist or musical genre, here are a few of mine:&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Beatles&lt;br /&gt;
Smiths&lt;br /&gt;
Black Metal  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;Twisted Evil&quot;&gt;😈&lt;/span&gt; &lt;br /&gt;
Elvis Costello&lt;br /&gt;
Hip-hop&lt;br /&gt;
Trance/Goa  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;Embarassed&quot;&gt;🫢&lt;/span&gt; &lt;br /&gt;
Tool&lt;br /&gt;
&quot;Venus&quot; by Television</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=48514#48514</comments>
                            <dc:creator>btener11</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Tue, 2 Aug 2011 00:33:18 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=48514#48514</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Musical &amp;quot;Phases&amp;quot; You've Gone Through</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=47827#47827</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=18180'&gt;GARY&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 07/29/2011 02:24&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          I like all of the bands/artists you listed Captain.  Donna Summer was better than the B. Spears and Ga Ga of today hands down.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;iframe class=&quot;forum-youtube&quot; src=&quot;https://www.youtube.com/embed/u-P18Elh5y4?autoplay=0&amp;controls=1&amp;fs=1&quot; frame allow=&quot;accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture&quot; webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen&gt;&lt;/iframe&gt;&lt;br&gt;&lt;a href=&quot;https://youtube.com/watch?v=u-P18Elh5y4&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot;&gt;Link&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
K.C. was one funky white boy.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;iframe class=&quot;forum-youtube&quot; src=&quot;https://www.youtube.com/embed/ReB8c3V4-wI?autoplay=0&amp;controls=1&amp;fs=1&quot; frame allow=&quot;accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture&quot; webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen&gt;&lt;/iframe&gt;&lt;br&gt;&lt;a href=&quot;https://youtube.com/watch?v=ReB8c3V4-wI&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot;&gt;Link&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
And I'm not to proud to admit that I liked the Bee gees music.  One of the first 45's I ever purchased was Jive Talkin  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;Very Happy&quot;&gt;😁&lt;/span&gt;</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=47827#47827</comments>
                            <dc:creator>GARY</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Thu, 28 Jul 2011 22:24:53 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=47827#47827</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Musical &amp;quot;Phases&amp;quot; You've Gone Through</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=47826#47826</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=-1'&gt;Anonymous&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 07/29/2011 02:23&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          I'm currently going through a Scaruffi and krautrock phase, as well as '90s indie I've skipped past</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=47826#47826</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Anonymous</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Thu, 28 Jul 2011 22:23:30 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=47826#47826</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Musical &amp;quot;Phases&amp;quot; You've Gone Through</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=47821#47821</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=-1'&gt;Anonymous&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 07/29/2011 02:13&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          I don't know how I didn't include this on my top 150 songs, my personal favourite disco song (Although Disco Inferno is a great choice Captain Dude). Also probably one of the best videos ever. EDIT: actually this isn't the video I'm referring to, I can't find it on youtube  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;Sad&quot;&gt;🙁&lt;/span&gt; &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;iframe class=&quot;forum-youtube&quot; src=&quot;https://www.youtube.com/embed/_jLGa4X5H2c?autoplay=0&amp;controls=1&amp;fs=1&quot; frame allow=&quot;accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture&quot; webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen&gt;&lt;/iframe&gt;&lt;br&gt;&lt;a href=&quot;https://youtube.com/watch?v=_jLGa4X5H2c&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot;&gt;Link&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br&gt;</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=47821#47821</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Anonymous</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Thu, 28 Jul 2011 22:13:36 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=47821#47821</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Musical &amp;quot;Phases&amp;quot; You've Gone Through</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=47820#47820</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=18180'&gt;GARY&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 07/29/2011 02:13&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;Captain_Dude wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;Don't worry, Gary.  Disco isn't as bad now as it SEEMED back then.  Actually, I find a lot of it very listenable now.  The only reason that I don't have much of anything really considered &quot;disco&quot; on my chart is because disco seemed to be singles-driven.  (I have a mobile DJ service...and I constantly get requests for disco)&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
But, yeah...there's a lot of quality disco stuff out there.  If you're interested in dabbling in the genre, check out some of these artists:&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Chic&lt;br /&gt;
KC &amp; The Sunshine Band&lt;br /&gt;
Silver Connection&lt;br /&gt;
Love Unlimited&lt;br /&gt;
Sylvester&lt;br /&gt;
B.T. Express&lt;br /&gt;
Giorgio Morodor&lt;br /&gt;
Trammps&lt;br /&gt;
Voyage&lt;br /&gt;
Donna Summer&lt;br /&gt;
Michael Zager Band&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
A lot of that suff is really good.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
I've gone through a lot of &quot;phases&quot;...but, for the past few years, I've been really into a lot of the late 60s psychedelic stuff.  It's incredible how such a short window of time produced so much great music.&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
I like all of the bands/artists you listed. Donna Summer was better than the B. Spears and Ga Ga of today hands down.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;iframe class=&quot;forum-youtube&quot; src=&quot;https://www.youtube.com/embed/u-P18Elh5y4?autoplay=0&amp;controls=1&amp;fs=1&quot; frame allow=&quot;accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture&quot; webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen&gt;&lt;/iframe&gt;&lt;br&gt;&lt;a href=&quot;https://youtube.com/watch?v=u-P18Elh5y4&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot;&gt;Link&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
K.C. was one funky white boy.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
And I'm not to proud to admit that I liked the Bee gees music.  One of the first 45's I ever purchased was Jive Talkin  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;Very Happy&quot;&gt;😁&lt;/span&gt; &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=47820#47820</comments>
                            <dc:creator>GARY</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Thu, 28 Jul 2011 22:13:11 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=47820#47820</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Musical &amp;quot;Phases&amp;quot; You've Gone Through</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=47819#47819</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=19528'&gt;Captain_Dude&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 07/29/2011 02:05&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Don't worry, Gary.  Disco isn't as bad now as it SEEMED back then.  Actually, I find a lot of it very listenable now.  The only reason that I don't have much of anything really considered &quot;disco&quot; on my chart is because disco seemed to be singles-driven.  (I have a mobile DJ service...and I constantly get requests for disco)&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
But, yeah...there's a lot of quality disco stuff out there.  If you're interested in dabbling in the genre, check out some of these artists:&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Chic&lt;br /&gt;
KC &amp; The Sunshine Band&lt;br /&gt;
Silver Connection&lt;br /&gt;
Love Unlimited&lt;br /&gt;
Sylvester&lt;br /&gt;
B.T. Express&lt;br /&gt;
Giorgio Morodor&lt;br /&gt;
Trammps&lt;br /&gt;
Voyage&lt;br /&gt;
Donna Summer&lt;br /&gt;
Michael Zager Band&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
A lot of that suff is really good.  My all-time favorite disco song is this one:&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;iframe class=&quot;forum-youtube&quot; src=&quot;https://www.youtube.com/embed/8h_PZ4UPxFg?autoplay=0&amp;controls=1&amp;fs=1&quot; frame allow=&quot;accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture&quot; webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen&gt;&lt;/iframe&gt;&lt;br&gt;&lt;a href=&quot;https://youtube.com/watch?v=8h_PZ4UPxFg&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot;&gt;Link&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Anyway, I've gone through a lot of &quot;phases&quot;...but, for the past few years, I've been really into a lot of the late 60s psychedelic stuff.  It's incredible how such a short window of time produced so much great music.  I've been doing a lot of research into that era and I'm appreciating it more and more.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=47819#47819</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Captain_Dude</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Thu, 28 Jul 2011 22:05:42 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=47819#47819</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Musical &amp;quot;Phases&amp;quot; You've Gone Through</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=47792#47792</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=18180'&gt;GARY&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 07/29/2011 00:01&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;19loveless91 wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;&lt;span style=&quot;font-weight: bold&quot;&gt;In short:&lt;/span&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
=&gt; age 4-5: first bands that I'm listening to.. um.. more &quot;passionately&quot;&lt;br /&gt;
- until age of 10 (ca.): whatever dad listens to&lt;br /&gt;
=&gt; age 9-10: I discover Beatles&lt;br /&gt;
=&gt; age 11: The first band I am a big fan of (ie I know more than 1 album of) - RHCP&lt;br /&gt;
=&gt; age 12-14: I start discovering vinyl records that we have at home (U2, Beatles, ex-yugo rock,...); I'm still a bit too much influenced by what dad liked&lt;br /&gt;
=&gt; before the last year of grade school (14): I'm a fan of classic rock music (Led Zeppelin, some Floyd, Beatles) + some newer stuff (though very little from 2000s)&lt;br /&gt;
=&gt; age 14, december 2005 - I discover DSotM..&lt;br /&gt;
=&gt; age 15-18 - Pink Floyd&lt;br /&gt;
=&gt; age 18-now - I become open to all types of music.. At first some alternative/indie stuff, I discover sites like BEA, P4k,... Lately I'm even listening to some hip hop.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;span style=&quot;font-weight: bold&quot;&gt;&quot;Long story&quot;&lt;/span&gt; (for people who don't have anything better to do):&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
I began listening to music at age 4-5 (mid 1990s). I remember being a &quot;fan&quot; of a best-of album by a Croatian artist &lt;a href=&quot;http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nosqHCVjKtQ&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot; rel=&quot;nofollow&quot; class=&quot;nav2&quot;&gt;Jura Stublić&lt;/a&gt;and also of a Slovenian rock band called &lt;a href=&quot;http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOhwFoPIcU4&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot; rel=&quot;nofollow&quot; class=&quot;nav2&quot;&gt;Šank Rock&lt;/a&gt;. I remember writing down the lyrics by the band, because they were not in the CD booklet.. (I guess I learned to read and write this way &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;Shocked&quot;&gt;😲&lt;/span&gt; ). I actually still think that this music is rather good (just listen to the linked songs). At the time, and some years after that I listened to stuff that basically my dead listened to. Apart from the two I mentioned I can't really recall many more artists, I think there was Silverchair's Frogstomp involved, as well as some other Yugoslavian bands like Bijelo Dugme.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Then, at the age 9-10 when One came out, I became a fan of the Beatles. I did not know anything else by them, but I loved all the songs on that album and I declared them my favourite band &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;Very Happy&quot;&gt;😁&lt;/span&gt; . Other than that I was still listening to various rock and &quot;rock&quot; bands, both Slovenian and worldwide artists (some GNR, Coldplay (Parachutes), I even remember some Radiohead, but as I was listening to whatever my dad was, I never listened to more than a couple of songs - my dad wasn't really a fan of them in general)&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
The first band I was really a fan of and knew more than 1 album from, was Red Hot Chili Peppers. It started when By the Way came out, but the album I really loved was BSSM - never heard anything like that before. I remember being really crazy about them at the time. Other than that, I still listened to the same stuff, mostly rock music that my dad was a fan of.. After that and until the end of grade school I got even more into music, especially after I started to discover some of dad's old vinyl records.. There I discovered U2's early stuff (my dad was a huge fan of U2 in the 1980s), The Beatles' classic records like White Album, Sgt Pepper, Revolver, some more ex yugoslavian records, etc. &lt;br /&gt;
If you asked me at the time, I'd consider myself a rock fan - some newer music, but especially older classic rock, even if I didn't know a lot of it.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Then during my last year of grade school (age 14), I had my first experience with Dark Side of the Moon... My view of music was completely changed. I wasn't just enjoying the music, the second time around I listened to it in the dark and I had a fuckin out of body experience... WYWH was great too I thought. After that, I became obsessed with this band. Quite literally. I was even one of those assholes that thought that the best music was made in 1970s and before (even though I didn't know much of it.. mostly Floyd). Of the &quot;newer&quot; music I was still a bit too influenced by my dad, but honestly there wasn't much. It's a bit depressing, considering I knew and liked songs by Bloc Party, Gorillaz, even Radiohead but I never decided to give much time to it. Basically all of the &quot;newer&quot; stuff I liked before (pre age 15), I still liked then, but I stopped exploring music, because Floyd was all I needed  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;Confused&quot;&gt;😕&lt;/span&gt;  (though to be perfectly honest, now that I'm writing this, I'm not sure when was the time I discovered those U2 and Beatles vinyls. It might have been at the time I first heard DSotM) ... &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
As it is, I slowly get tired of it, no matter how good I thought the music was... But there was another reason that I started giving chance to more music - a movie called Whip It. It's nothing special, but 1) I thought the soundtrack was great, despite knowing very few songs and 2) I really liked Ellen Page in it and when I remembered how I liked her in Juno I became a fan - like - I started DL-ing her movies and stuff.. Also - I listened to her (and Drew Barrymore's) Itunes podcast, where they made a list of favourite songs .. I did not know most of them, and they only played the previews, but even out of those 30 seconds I could tell that there is so much interesting stuff that I haven't heard yet (for example, out of that list, there were songs like Sawdust &amp; Diamonds, Pyramid Song, Hold Heart (Emiliana Torrini), Four Provinces (Walkmen), etc.). Basically indie/alter stuff. Anyways this convinced me to &quot;move on&quot; from Floyd and start exploring music again.. At first I started to look for some &quot;best ever&quot; lists (which is how I found BEA), and I also discovered P4k, which I guess is responsible for some of my musical taste.. It was actually only in this time that I discovered some of my favourite artists like Radiohead (ok I knew them before, but I only  listened to a full album by them after seeing how highly rated are they), MBV, Broken Social Scene (YFIIP was one of the first albums I listened to at that time, again because I read somewhere that &quot;Anthems&quot; is Ellen Page's favourite song - needless to say I loved that song myself &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;Razz&quot;&gt;😜&lt;/span&gt; ), Strokes, etc.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
And lately, I started listening to music I used to dismiss as bad, for example I even started to get into some hip hop, which is sth I never thought was possible.  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;Smile&quot;&gt;😄&lt;/span&gt; &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Anyways, that turned out to be pretty fucking long, I apologise to anybody who tried to read it. :oops:&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
I can relate to your story believe it or not  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;Laughing&quot;&gt;🤣&lt;/span&gt; &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Very similar  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;Think&quot;&gt;🤔&lt;/span&gt; &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
I'm burnt out on a lot of the old stuff myself but it's not been easy finding bands/albums that I get that blown away in awe feeling I got when I unwrapped a Led Zeppelin or Pink Floyd album and had that first listen  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;Very Happy&quot;&gt;😁&lt;/span&gt; &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
I like the&quot;whatever Dad listens to&quot; part because that's what I did and mostly listened to country music as a boy. he used to quiz me whenever a country song came on the radio he would ask me &quot;O.K. who is this&quot; &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
I always had the answer.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
But then Mom got into disco music and well..........ya.  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;Embarassed&quot;&gt;🫢&lt;/span&gt; &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=47792#47792</comments>
                            <dc:creator>GARY</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Thu, 28 Jul 2011 20:01:26 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=47792#47792</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Musical &amp;quot;Phases&amp;quot; You've Gone Through</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=47771#47771</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=17748'&gt;19loveless91&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 07/28/2011 21:51&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;span style=&quot;font-weight: bold&quot;&gt;In short:&lt;/span&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
=&gt; age 4-5: first bands that I'm listening to.. um.. more &quot;passionately&quot;&lt;br /&gt;
- until age of 10 (ca.): whatever dad listens to&lt;br /&gt;
=&gt; age 9-10: I discover Beatles&lt;br /&gt;
=&gt; age 11: The first band I am a big fan of (ie I know more than 1 album of) - RHCP&lt;br /&gt;
=&gt; age 12-14: I start discovering vinyl records that we have at home (U2, Beatles, ex-yugo rock,...); I'm still a bit too much influenced by what dad liked&lt;br /&gt;
=&gt; before the last year of grade school (14): I'm a fan of classic rock music (Led Zeppelin, some Floyd, Beatles) + some newer stuff (though very little from 2000s)&lt;br /&gt;
=&gt; age 14, december 2005 - I discover DSotM..&lt;br /&gt;
=&gt; age 15-18 - Pink Floyd&lt;br /&gt;
=&gt; age 18-now - I become open to all types of music.. At first some alternative/indie stuff, I discover sites like BEA, P4k,... Lately I'm even listening to some hip hop.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;span style=&quot;font-weight: bold&quot;&gt;&quot;Long story&quot;&lt;/span&gt; (for people who don't have anything better to do):&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
I began listening to music at age 4-5 (mid 1990s). I remember being a &quot;fan&quot; of a best-of album by a Croatian artist &lt;a href=&quot;http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nosqHCVjKtQ&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot; rel=&quot;nofollow&quot; class=&quot;nav2&quot;&gt;Jura Stublić&lt;/a&gt;and also of a Slovenian rock band called &lt;a href=&quot;http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOhwFoPIcU4&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot; rel=&quot;nofollow&quot; class=&quot;nav2&quot;&gt;Šank Rock&lt;/a&gt;. I remember writing down the lyrics by the band, because they were not in the CD booklet.. (I guess I learned to read and write this way &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;Shocked&quot;&gt;😲&lt;/span&gt; ). I actually still think that this music is rather good (just listen to the linked songs). At the time, and some years after that I listened to stuff that basically my dead listened to. Apart from the two I mentioned I can't really recall many more artists, I think there was Silverchair's Frogstomp involved, as well as some other Yugoslavian bands like Bijelo Dugme.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Then, at the age 9-10 when One came out, I became a fan of the Beatles. I did not know anything else by them, but I loved all the songs on that album and I declared them my favourite band &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;Very Happy&quot;&gt;😁&lt;/span&gt; . Other than that I was still listening to various rock and &quot;rock&quot; bands, both Slovenian and worldwide artists (some GNR, Coldplay (Parachutes), I even remember some Radiohead, but as I was listening to whatever my dad was, I never listened to more than a couple of songs - my dad wasn't really a fan of them in general)&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
The first band I was really a fan of and knew more than 1 album from, was Red Hot Chili Peppers. It started when By the Way came out, but the album I really loved was BSSM - never heard anything like that before. I remember being really crazy about them at the time. Other than that, I still listened to the same stuff, mostly rock music that my dad was a fan of.. After that and until the end of grade school I got even more into music, especially after I started to discover some of dad's old vinyl records.. There I discovered U2's early stuff (my dad was a huge fan of U2 in the 1980s), The Beatles' classic records like White Album, Sgt Pepper, Revolver, some more ex yugoslavian records, etc. &lt;br /&gt;
If you asked me at the time, I'd consider myself a rock fan - some newer music, but especially older classic rock, even if I didn't know a lot of it.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Then during my last year of grade school (age 14), I had my first experience with Dark Side of the Moon... My view of music was completely changed. I wasn't just enjoying the music, the second time around I listened to it in the dark and I had a fuckin out of body experience... WYWH was great too I thought. After that, I became obsessed with this band. Quite literally. I was even one of those assholes that thought that the best music was made in 1970s and before (even though I didn't know much of it.. mostly Floyd). Of the &quot;newer&quot; music I was still a bit too influenced by my dad, but honestly there wasn't much. It's a bit depressing, considering I knew and liked songs by Bloc Party, Gorillaz, even Radiohead but I never decided to give much time to it. Basically all of the &quot;newer&quot; stuff I liked before (pre age 15), I still liked then, but I stopped exploring music, because Floyd was all I needed  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;Confused&quot;&gt;😕&lt;/span&gt;  (though to be perfectly honest, now that I'm writing this, I'm not sure when was the time I discovered those U2 and Beatles vinyls. It might have been at the time I first heard DSotM) ... &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
As it is, I slowly get tired of it, no matter how good I thought the music was... But there was another reason that I started giving chance to more music - a movie called Whip It. It's nothing special, but 1) I thought the soundtrack was great, despite knowing very few songs and 2) I really liked Ellen Page in it and when I remembered how I liked her in Juno I became a fan - like - I started DL-ing her movies and stuff.. Also - I listened to her (and Drew Barrymore's) Itunes podcast, where they made a list of favourite songs .. I did not know most of them, and they only played the previews, but even out of those 30 seconds I could tell that there is so much interesting stuff that I haven't heard yet (for example, out of that list, there were songs like Sawdust &amp; Diamonds, Pyramid Song, Hold Heart (Emiliana Torrini), Four Provinces (Walkmen), etc.). Basically indie/alter stuff. Anyways this convinced me to &quot;move on&quot; from Floyd and start exploring music again.. At first I started to look for some &quot;best ever&quot; lists (which is how I found BEA), and I also discovered P4k, which I guess is responsible for some of my musical taste.. It was actually only in this time that I discovered some of my favourite artists like Radiohead (ok I knew them before, but I only  listened to a full album by them after seeing how highly rated are they), MBV, Broken Social Scene (YFIIP was one of the first albums I listened to at that time, again because I read somewhere that &quot;Anthems&quot; is Ellen Page's favourite song - needless to say I loved that song myself &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;Razz&quot;&gt;😜&lt;/span&gt; ), Strokes, etc.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
And lately, I started listening to music I used to dismiss as bad, for example I even started to get into some hip hop, which is sth I never thought was possible.  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;Smile&quot;&gt;😄&lt;/span&gt; &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Anyways, that turned out to be pretty fucking long, I apologise to anybody who tried to read it. &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;Embarassed&quot;&gt;🫢&lt;/span&gt;</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=47771#47771</comments>
                            <dc:creator>19loveless91</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Thu, 28 Jul 2011 17:51:15 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=47771#47771</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Musical &amp;quot;Phases&amp;quot; You've Gone Through</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=38044#38044</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=18786'&gt;Chemical Smile&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 05/24/2011 12:34&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;Zoso wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;Chemical Smile wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;GARY wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;Zoso wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;Most embarassing was probably happy hardcore phase&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
You think that is embarassing, here is one of my phases back in the day &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;Embarassed&quot;&gt;🫢&lt;/span&gt; &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
DISCO  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;Dancing&quot;&gt;🕺&lt;/span&gt;  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;Dancing&quot;&gt;🕺&lt;/span&gt;  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;Dancing&quot;&gt;🕺&lt;/span&gt;  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;Dancing&quot;&gt;🕺&lt;/span&gt;  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;Dancing&quot;&gt;🕺&lt;/span&gt;  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;Dancing&quot;&gt;🕺&lt;/span&gt;  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;Dancing&quot;&gt;🕺&lt;/span&gt;  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;Dancing&quot;&gt;🕺&lt;/span&gt;  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;Dancing&quot;&gt;🕺&lt;/span&gt;  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;Dancing&quot;&gt;🕺&lt;/span&gt;  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;Dancing&quot;&gt;🕺&lt;/span&gt;  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;Dancing&quot;&gt;🕺&lt;/span&gt;  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;Dancing&quot;&gt;🕺&lt;/span&gt;  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;Dancing&quot;&gt;🕺&lt;/span&gt;  \:D/&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
I'd have to rate Happy Hardcore as worse than disco. I spent a year clubbing/partying and listening to dance music, thankfully it was just a phase, apart from a small selection, i can't stand much dance/electronic music, but still like drum + bass (mainly the jazzy/liquid variety)&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
haha totally agree.. disco still has a somewhat retro cool appeal.. happy hardcore on the other hand is downright embarassing&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
haha I am also a dnb head &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;Razz&quot;&gt;😜&lt;/span&gt; but like hard/dark as well as liquid ...&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
i recently picked this album up:&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;div class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;    &lt;img src=&quot;http://i53.tinypic.com/2ry2521.jpg&quot; class=&quot;postimg&quot; style=&quot;cursor:pointer;&quot; height=&quot;250&quot; onclick=&quot;window.open('http://i53.tinypic.com/2ry2521.jpg','imgpop','width=600,height=600,status=no,toolbar=no,menubar=no');return false&quot; /&gt;    &lt;span class=&quot;hidden-md hidden-lg&quot;&gt;&lt;small&gt;&lt;br&gt;&lt;i&gt;Thumbnail. Click to enlarge.&lt;/i&gt;&lt;/small&gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/div&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
been listening to it a lot, great breezy summer d+b!</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=38044#38044</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Chemical Smile</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Tue, 24 May 2011 08:34:20 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=38044#38044</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Musical &amp;quot;Phases&amp;quot; You've Gone Through</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=38008#38008</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=19139'&gt;Zoso&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 05/24/2011 03:56&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;Chemical Smile wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;GARY wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;Zoso wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;Most embarassing was probably happy hardcore phase&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
You think that is embarassing, here is one of my phases back in the day &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;Embarassed&quot;&gt;🫢&lt;/span&gt; &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
DISCO  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;Dancing&quot;&gt;🕺&lt;/span&gt;  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;Dancing&quot;&gt;🕺&lt;/span&gt;  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;Dancing&quot;&gt;🕺&lt;/span&gt;  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;Dancing&quot;&gt;🕺&lt;/span&gt;  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;Dancing&quot;&gt;🕺&lt;/span&gt;  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;Dancing&quot;&gt;🕺&lt;/span&gt;  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;Dancing&quot;&gt;🕺&lt;/span&gt;  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;Dancing&quot;&gt;🕺&lt;/span&gt;  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;Dancing&quot;&gt;🕺&lt;/span&gt;  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;Dancing&quot;&gt;🕺&lt;/span&gt;  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;Dancing&quot;&gt;🕺&lt;/span&gt;  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;Dancing&quot;&gt;🕺&lt;/span&gt;  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;Dancing&quot;&gt;🕺&lt;/span&gt;  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;Dancing&quot;&gt;🕺&lt;/span&gt;  \:D/&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
I'd have to rate Happy Hardcore as worse than disco. I spent a year clubbing/partying and listening to dance music, thankfully it was just a phase, apart from a small selection, i can't stand much dance/electronic music, but still like drum + bass (mainly the jazzy/liquid variety)&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
haha totally agree.. disco still has a somewhat retro cool appeal.. happy hardcore on the other hand is downright embarassing&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
haha I am also a dnb head &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;Razz&quot;&gt;😜&lt;/span&gt; but like hard/dark as well as liquid ...</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=38008#38008</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Zoso</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Mon, 23 May 2011 23:56:14 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=38008#38008</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Musical &amp;quot;Phases&amp;quot; You've Gone Through</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=37962#37962</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=15511'&gt;CellarDoor&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 05/23/2011 20:22&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;span style=&quot;font-weight: bold&quot;&gt;1992 - 1996&lt;/span&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
1 - Dad's rock :&lt;br /&gt;
The Beatles&lt;br /&gt;
The Kinks&lt;br /&gt;
The Yardbirds&lt;br /&gt;
Buddy Holly&lt;br /&gt;
The Zombies&lt;br /&gt;
&quot;Radio Caroline&quot; best of&lt;br /&gt;
The Carpenters&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
2 - Classical :&lt;br /&gt;
Mozart Requiem&lt;br /&gt;
Haendel Messiah&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;span style=&quot;font-weight: bold&quot;&gt;1997 - 2000&lt;/span&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
1 - Disco years :&lt;br /&gt;
Boney M&lt;br /&gt;
Chic&lt;br /&gt;
The Buggles&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
2 - Vocal jazz :&lt;br /&gt;
Les Swingle Singers&lt;br /&gt;
The Manhattan Transfer&lt;br /&gt;
Dinah Washington&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
3 - Rock :&lt;br /&gt;
Queen&lt;br /&gt;
Supertramp&lt;br /&gt;
All Electric Light Orchestra&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;span style=&quot;font-weight: bold&quot;&gt;2001 - 2007&lt;/span&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
1 - Soundtracks&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
2 - Chamber Pop and Indie Rock :&lt;br /&gt;
Belle &amp; Sebastian&lt;br /&gt;
All Eels&lt;br /&gt;
Arcade Fire&lt;br /&gt;
The Shins&lt;br /&gt;
Beck&lt;br /&gt;
Neutral Milk Hotel&lt;br /&gt;
Sparklehorse&lt;br /&gt;
Wilco&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
3 - Post-Punk and Alt Rock :&lt;br /&gt;
Joy Division&lt;br /&gt;
Gang of Four&lt;br /&gt;
Talking Heads&lt;br /&gt;
Pixies&lt;br /&gt;
Sonic Youth&lt;br /&gt;
Wire&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
4 - Shoegaze and dream pop :&lt;br /&gt;
My Bloody Valentine&lt;br /&gt;
Ride&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;span style=&quot;font-weight: bold&quot;&gt;2008 - 2010&lt;/span&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
1 - Proto-punk :&lt;br /&gt;
The Velvet Underground&lt;br /&gt;
The Stooges&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
2 - Krautrock and experimental :&lt;br /&gt;
Can&lt;br /&gt;
NEU!&lt;br /&gt;
Captain Beefheat&lt;br /&gt;
All Scaruffi&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
3 - Jazz and Modern classical&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;span style=&quot;font-weight: bold&quot;&gt;2011&lt;/span&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
1 - Electro&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
2 - Catching up on the 2000s&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
3 - The neverending wishlist of everything above</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=37962#37962</comments>
                            <dc:creator>CellarDoor</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Mon, 23 May 2011 16:22:56 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=37962#37962</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Musical &amp;quot;Phases&amp;quot; You've Gone Through</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=37940#37940</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=18180'&gt;GARY&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 05/23/2011 15:51&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;Charicature wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;1979-1984: whatever was on the radio - my AM-only hand-held transistor radio used to get top 40 because it was still played on some AM stations back then.&lt;br /&gt;
1985-1987: Golden oldies&lt;br /&gt;
1987-1988: The Monkees&lt;br /&gt;
1988-1991: The Beatles&lt;br /&gt;
1991-1993: Top 40 radio, gradually shifting away from pop toward alternative rock&lt;br /&gt;
1993-2000: &quot;Alternative&quot;rock but also getting into some older acts like Queen and Gary Numan&lt;br /&gt;
2001-present: tastes have settled, still primarily alternative, gone back in time for Depeche Mode, new wave, some post-punk, new romantics, and odds and ends like John Denver, Kraftwerk, Juice Newton...artists who had songs I remember from a long time ago that I liked.&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
You reminded me of the hand held transistor radio and music on AM stations &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;Very Happy&quot;&gt;😁&lt;/span&gt; &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
They were the iPad 2  of the time.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=37940#37940</comments>
                            <dc:creator>GARY</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Mon, 23 May 2011 11:51:43 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=37940#37940</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Musical &amp;quot;Phases&amp;quot; You've Gone Through</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=37939#37939</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=18786'&gt;Chemical Smile&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 05/23/2011 15:51&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;GARY wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;Zoso wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;Most embarassing was probably happy hardcore phase&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
You think that is embarassing, here is one of my phases back in the day &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;Embarassed&quot;&gt;🫢&lt;/span&gt; &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
DISCO  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;Dancing&quot;&gt;🕺&lt;/span&gt;  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;Dancing&quot;&gt;🕺&lt;/span&gt;  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;Dancing&quot;&gt;🕺&lt;/span&gt;  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;Dancing&quot;&gt;🕺&lt;/span&gt;  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;Dancing&quot;&gt;🕺&lt;/span&gt;  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;Dancing&quot;&gt;🕺&lt;/span&gt;  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;Dancing&quot;&gt;🕺&lt;/span&gt;  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;Dancing&quot;&gt;🕺&lt;/span&gt;  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;Dancing&quot;&gt;🕺&lt;/span&gt;  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;Dancing&quot;&gt;🕺&lt;/span&gt;  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;Dancing&quot;&gt;🕺&lt;/span&gt;  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;Dancing&quot;&gt;🕺&lt;/span&gt;  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;Dancing&quot;&gt;🕺&lt;/span&gt;  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;Dancing&quot;&gt;🕺&lt;/span&gt;  \:D/&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
I'd have to rate Happy Hardcore as worse than disco. I spent a year clubbing/partying and listening to dance music, thankfully it was just a phase, apart from a small selection, i can't stand much dance/electronic music, but still like drum + bass (mainly the jazzy/liquid variety)</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=37939#37939</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Chemical Smile</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Mon, 23 May 2011 11:51:28 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=37939#37939</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Musical &amp;quot;Phases&amp;quot; You've Gone Through</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=37936#37936</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=14753'&gt;Charicature&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 05/23/2011 15:20&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          1979-1984: whatever was on the radio - my AM-only hand-held transistor radio used to get top 40 because it was still played on some AM stations back then.&lt;br /&gt;
1985-1987: Golden oldies&lt;br /&gt;
1987-1988: The Monkees&lt;br /&gt;
1988-1991: The Beatles&lt;br /&gt;
1991-1993: Top 40 radio, gradually shifting away from pop toward alternative rock&lt;br /&gt;
1993-2000: &quot;Alternative&quot;rock but also getting into some older acts like Queen and Gary Numan&lt;br /&gt;
2001-present: tastes have settled, still primarily alternative, gone back in time for Depeche Mode, new wave, some post-punk, new romantics, and odds and ends like John Denver, Kraftwerk, Juice Newton...artists who had songs I remember from a long time ago that I liked.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=37936#37936</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Charicature</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Mon, 23 May 2011 11:20:15 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=37936#37936</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Musical &amp;quot;Phases&amp;quot; You've Gone Through</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=37908#37908</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=18180'&gt;GARY&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 05/23/2011 12:27&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;Zoso wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;Most embarassing was probably happy hardcore phase&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
You think that is embarassing, here is one of my phases back in the day &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;Embarassed&quot;&gt;🫢&lt;/span&gt; &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
DISCO  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;Dancing&quot;&gt;🕺&lt;/span&gt;  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;Dancing&quot;&gt;🕺&lt;/span&gt;  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;Dancing&quot;&gt;🕺&lt;/span&gt;  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;Dancing&quot;&gt;🕺&lt;/span&gt;  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;Dancing&quot;&gt;🕺&lt;/span&gt;  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;Dancing&quot;&gt;🕺&lt;/span&gt;  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;Dancing&quot;&gt;🕺&lt;/span&gt;  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;Dancing&quot;&gt;🕺&lt;/span&gt;  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;Dancing&quot;&gt;🕺&lt;/span&gt;  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;Dancing&quot;&gt;🕺&lt;/span&gt;  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;Dancing&quot;&gt;🕺&lt;/span&gt;  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;Dancing&quot;&gt;🕺&lt;/span&gt;  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;Dancing&quot;&gt;🕺&lt;/span&gt;  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;Dancing&quot;&gt;🕺&lt;/span&gt;  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;Dancing&quot;&gt;🕺&lt;/span&gt; &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
 &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;Anxious&quot;&gt;😨&lt;/span&gt; &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;iframe class=&quot;forum-youtube&quot; src=&quot;https://www.youtube.com/embed/I_izvAbhExY?autoplay=0&amp;controls=1&amp;fs=1&quot; frame allow=&quot;accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture&quot; webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen&gt;&lt;/iframe&gt;&lt;br&gt;&lt;a href=&quot;https://youtube.com/watch?v=I_izvAbhExY&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot;&gt;Link&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br&gt;</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=37908#37908</comments>
                            <dc:creator>GARY</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Mon, 23 May 2011 08:27:39 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=37908#37908</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Musical &amp;quot;Phases&amp;quot; You've Gone Through</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=37893#37893</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=19139'&gt;Zoso&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 05/23/2011 07:19&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Most embarassing was probably happy hardcore phase</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=37893#37893</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Zoso</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Mon, 23 May 2011 03:19:20 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=37893#37893</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Musical &amp;quot;Phases&amp;quot; You've Gone Through</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=37780#37780</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=15627'&gt;videoheadcleaner&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 05/22/2011 00:09&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Some of these phases overlap.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
pre-2000 - Generic Radio phase&lt;br /&gt;
2003-2005 - Music Tourist phase (listened to anything and everything)&lt;br /&gt;
2004-now - The Cure phase&lt;br /&gt;
2006-2009 - Intense Radiohead phase&lt;br /&gt;
2006-now - Manchester Indie Rock phase&lt;br /&gt;
2008-2010 - Post-Rock / Electronica phase (Mogwai/Air etc.)</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=37780#37780</comments>
                            <dc:creator>videoheadcleaner</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Sat, 21 May 2011 20:09:26 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=37780#37780</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Musical &amp;quot;Phases&amp;quot; You've Gone Through</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=37753#37753</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=18427'&gt;RedJonny7&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 05/21/2011 16:13&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Even if I'm only 17 I've gone through many music phases...&lt;br /&gt;
When I was a child (10 years old) I started listening to italian hip-hop (Fabri Fibra, Mondomarcio) and to Eamon... well, it wasn't very good, but I liked it...&lt;br /&gt;
This phase lasted 3 years, then I started listening to The Kooks, The Hoosiers and something of U2...&lt;br /&gt;
An year later I started listening to music with a capital M...&lt;br /&gt;
I got the complete discography of the Strokes and fell in love with them, so I started searching others indie bands and i discovered the libertines, babyshambles, the raconteurs and white stripes... &lt;br /&gt;
Then, i think it was 2/01/2010, I've heard Fake Plastic Trees (Radiohead) and I left everything on my Ipod and got every single radiohead's album... &lt;br /&gt;
Nowadays I only listen to Radiohead, I can't hear anything else (only Strokes, Sigur Ros and XX)</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=37753#37753</comments>
                            <dc:creator>RedJonny7</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Sat, 21 May 2011 12:13:32 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=37753#37753</guid>
                          </item></channel></rss>