<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<rss version="2.0" xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/">
<channel>
  <title>Best Ever Albums</title>
  <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/index.php</link>
  <description>&quot;I get by with a little help from my friends&quot; - The Beatles</description>
  <language>en</language>
  <ttl>1</ttl>
<item>
                            <title>Re: Power Pop Albums</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=492252#492252</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=35422'&gt;baystateoftheart&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 11/15/2017 03:48&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Haven't seen Teenage Fanclub, Go-Go's, or Ex Hex mentioned yet or in the chart. They all have strong power pop albums as well.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=492252#492252</comments>
                            <dc:creator>baystateoftheart</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Tue, 14 Nov 2017 22:48:25 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=492252#492252</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Power Pop Albums</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=492251#492251</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=34872'&gt;rkm&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 11/15/2017 03:41&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;img src=&quot;http://albumart.besteveralbums.com/albumart/album_large_10577_57a8c93e92a94.jpg&quot; class=&quot;postimg&quot; /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;a href=&quot;https://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?a=10577&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot; rel=&quot;nofollow&quot; class=&quot;nav2&quot;&gt;Mars Needs Guitars! by Hoodoo Gurus&lt;/a&gt;</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=492251#492251</comments>
                            <dc:creator>rkm</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Tue, 14 Nov 2017 22:41:07 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=492251#492251</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Power Pop Albums</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=492230#492230</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=20627'&gt;paladisiac&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 11/14/2017 20:02&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;StreetSpirit wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Elvis Costello, never thought of him as Power Pop but sure he fits the definition. I forgot to mention Ben Folds, but yeah Whatever and Ever Amen is a nice cross of power pop and piano rock. I love your #1 and that you included Fastball. I also saw Pixies on your chart. I don't know, they seem a little too indie alternative. However I haven't heard Come on Pilgrim, only their later stuff. Maybe that first album fits the definition. I'm not sure about Paramore either, are they catchy enough to earn the label? If you haven't already, give So Much For the Afterglow by Everclear a listen. Great album and totally Power Pop.&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
I've added Everclear's &quot;afterglow&quot; to my list of power pop albums to try, along with:&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
more Emitt Rhodes&lt;br /&gt;
Raspberries - starting over&lt;br /&gt;
Artful Dodger (US) (3 more albums to hear after their debut)&lt;br /&gt;
The Dwight Twilley Band&lt;br /&gt;
Shoes&lt;br /&gt;
20/20&lt;br /&gt;
The Beat&lt;br /&gt;
Spongetones&lt;br /&gt;
Plimsouls&lt;br /&gt;
Tommy Keene&lt;br /&gt;
Smithereens - green thoughts&lt;br /&gt;
The Knack - serious fun&lt;br /&gt;
Velvet Crush&lt;br /&gt;
Posies&lt;br /&gt;
Gigolo Aunts&lt;br /&gt;
Sloan - one chord to another&lt;br /&gt;
fountains of wayne - utopian parkway&lt;br /&gt;
and a couple Ok Go albums</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=492230#492230</comments>
                            <dc:creator>paladisiac</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Tue, 14 Nov 2017 15:02:11 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=492230#492230</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Power Pop Albums</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=492228#492228</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=30183'&gt;CA Dreamin&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 11/14/2017 19:54&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;Michael1981 wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;Kudos to street spirit for mentioning Fountains of Wayne, Soul Asylum and Weezer in the same thread. I'm in 90s power pop heaven! Personally I would go for Utopia Parkway, Let your dim light shine and Weezer (green album) though, but still great choices.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Fountains of Wayne exemplify the genre perfectly for me, but then again I grew up in the 90s so am biased towards this era.&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
I also like Utopia Parkway; Senator's Daughter and Red Dragon Tattoo are really great tracks. As an album, I don't think it's up to their first one, but certainly better than Welcome Interstate Managers. I'm not a big fan of that one. In hindsight, I should've mentioned Green Album instead of Pinkerton. I think Pinkerton is better, but Green Album better exemplifies the Power Pop genre (Green Album is arguably a better example of Power Pop than Blue Album).&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
I'm in '90s Power Pop heaven as well! Again, I'd say Goo Goo Dolls best represent the genre.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;rkm wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;Power Pop definition: &lt;span style=&quot;text-decoration: line-through&quot;&gt;descending from the Beatles and the Byrds, with &lt;/span&gt;an emphasis on melody and harmony, with guitars that jangle and crunch.&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;Michael1981 wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;I find power-pop pretty recognisable but I suppose some bands are more exemplary than others. I think: up-tempo rock beat +big guitar sound (but not heavy)+big emphasis on catchy pop hooks + very little deviation from this=  power pop.&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;dihansse wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;Powerful but not hardrock or punk&lt;br /&gt;
Guitar based but not focused on guitar solo’s&lt;br /&gt;
Independent minded but not indie&lt;br /&gt;
Commercial but not simple pop&lt;br /&gt;
Not too difficult but based on hooks but nevertheless based on an original twist (cf the stop go moment in in My Sharona which I suppose must be one of the quintessential powerpop songs).&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
^^^All great definitions&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;paladisiac wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;i've been building a chart on this genre recently.  I have about 20+ more albums to listen to, but &lt;a href=&quot;https://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?c=40588&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot; rel=&quot;nofollow&quot; class=&quot;nav2&quot;&gt;here's what I have so far for power pop&lt;/a&gt;.&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Elvis Costello, never thought of him as Power Pop but sure he fits the definition. I forgot to mention Ben Folds, but yeah Whatever and Ever Amen is a nice cross of power pop and piano rock. I love your #1 and that you included Fastball. I also saw Pixies on your chart. I don't know, they seem a little too indie alternative. However I haven't heard Come on Pilgrim, only their later stuff. Maybe that first album fits the definition. I'm not sure about Paramore either, are they catchy enough to earn the label? If you haven't already, give So Much For the Afterglow by Everclear a listen. Great album and totally Power Pop.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=492228#492228</comments>
                            <dc:creator>CA Dreamin</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Tue, 14 Nov 2017 14:54:21 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=492228#492228</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Power Pop Albums</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=492221#492221</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=20627'&gt;paladisiac&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 11/14/2017 18:53&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          i've been building a chart on this genre recently.  I have about 20+ more albums to listen to, but &lt;a href=&quot;https://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?c=40588&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot; rel=&quot;nofollow&quot; class=&quot;nav2&quot;&gt;here's what I have so far for power pop&lt;/a&gt;.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=492221#492221</comments>
                            <dc:creator>paladisiac</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Tue, 14 Nov 2017 13:53:11 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=492221#492221</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Power Pop Albums</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=492220#492220</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=35611'&gt;dihansse&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 11/14/2017 18:42&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          I’d say (apart indeed from the already mentioned Big Star an the Knack):&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;img src=&quot;http://albumart.besteveralbums.com/albumart/album_large_9187_4e515dea9b928.jpg&quot; class=&quot;postimg&quot; /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;a href=&quot;https://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?a=9187&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot; rel=&quot;nofollow&quot; class=&quot;nav2&quot;&gt;Frosting On The Beater by The Posies&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;img src=&quot;http://albumart.besteveralbums.com/albumart/album_large_9822_4e14c24ba606b.jpg&quot; class=&quot;postimg&quot; /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;a href=&quot;https://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?a=9822&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot; rel=&quot;nofollow&quot; class=&quot;nav2&quot;&gt;Against Perfection by Adorable&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;img src=&quot;http://albumart.besteveralbums.com/albumart/album_large_31061_507bcec82a87b.jpg&quot; class=&quot;postimg&quot; /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;a href=&quot;https://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?a=31061&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot; rel=&quot;nofollow&quot; class=&quot;nav2&quot;&gt;Blind Love by Ratcat&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;img src=&quot;http://albumart.besteveralbums.com/albumart/album_large_25271_4faa743810f16.jpg&quot; class=&quot;postimg&quot; /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;a href=&quot;https://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?a=25271&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot; rel=&quot;nofollow&quot; class=&quot;nav2&quot;&gt;Smeared by Sloan&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;img src=&quot;http://albumart.besteveralbums.com/albumart/album_large_42491_547434e784a4a.jpg&quot; class=&quot;postimg&quot; /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;a href=&quot;https://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?a=42491&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot; rel=&quot;nofollow&quot; class=&quot;nav2&quot;&gt;The Romantics by The Romantics&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
My general feeling is that the definition of powerpop is mainly focused on what it isn’t:&lt;br /&gt;
Powerful but not hardrock or punk&lt;br /&gt;
Guitar based but not focused on guitar solo’s&lt;br /&gt;
Independent minded but not indie&lt;br /&gt;
Commercial but not simple pop&lt;br /&gt;
Not too difficult but based on hooks but nevertheless based on an original twist (cf the stop go moment in in My Sharona which I suppose must be one of the quintessential powerpop songs).</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=492220#492220</comments>
                            <dc:creator>dihansse</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Tue, 14 Nov 2017 13:42:45 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=492220#492220</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Power Pop Albums</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=492184#492184</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=-1'&gt;Anonymous&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 11/14/2017 09:31&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Kudos to street spirit for mentioning Fountains of Wayne, Soul Asylum and Weezer in the same thread. I'm in 90s power pop heaven! Personally I would go for Utopia Parkway, Let your dim light shine and Weezer (green album) though, but still great choices.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
I find power-pop pretty recognisable but I suppose some bands are more exemplary than others. I think: up-tempo rock beat +big guitar sound (but not heavy)+big emphasis on catchy pop hooks + very little deviation from this=  power pop.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Fountains of Wayne exemplify the genre perfectly for me, but then again I grew up in the 90s so am biased towards this era.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=492184#492184</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Anonymous</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Tue, 14 Nov 2017 04:31:19 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=492184#492184</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Power Pop Albums</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=492180#492180</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=30183'&gt;CA Dreamin&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 11/14/2017 08:37&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;rkm wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;But arguing about what it is and isn't makes for a good thread, no?&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
Actually debate does make for a good thread. It's much more interesting than a list thread. List threads are fucking boring.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;rkm wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;Power Pop definition: descending from the Beatles and the Byrds, with an emphasis on melody and harmony, with guitars that jangle and crunch.&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
I totally agree with the emphasis on harmony with the rocking guitars, but I don't agree with the decending from The Beatles and Byrds part. As bobbyb5 put it, how do you can claim which artists descended from The Beatles? I don't think they rocked that hard anyway. I think of Big Star as an accurate starting point. And rkm has already listed them with Radio City. Personally I prefer #1 Record; I mean it has the theme song of That '70s Show.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
But anyway, I love The Cars and I'd classify their early music as Power Pop before they became more New Wave. When did they stop being Power Pop and start being New Wave? I don't know; it was a gradual shift, and their music was often both. Another band that crossed genres was The Replacements, whom I consider a mix of Power Pop and punk. &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
I could go on, but if you want a list, then here are some albums I really like and associate with the term &quot;Power Pop.&quot; Feel free to disagree:&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Aforementioned #1 Record by Big Star&lt;br /&gt;
Third Eye Blind by Third Eye Blind&lt;br /&gt;
So Much for the Afterglow by Everclear&lt;br /&gt;
Pleased to Meet Me by The Replacements&lt;br /&gt;
The Cars by The Cars&lt;br /&gt;
Grave Dancers Union by Soul Asylum&lt;br /&gt;
New Miserable Experience by Gin Blossoms&lt;br /&gt;
The Modern Lovers by The Modern Lovers&lt;br /&gt;
It's a Shame About Ray, The Lemonheads&lt;br /&gt;
Sports by Huey Lewis&lt;br /&gt;
Bleed American by Jimmy Eat World&lt;br /&gt;
Fountains of Wayne by Fountains of Wayne&lt;br /&gt;
Weezer (Blue) and Pinkerton by Weezer&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
And finally A Boy Named Goo by The Goo Goo Dolls:&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;img src=&quot;http://albumart.besteveralbums.com/albumart/album_large_10506_4e40c52ed2f40.jpg&quot; class=&quot;postimg&quot; /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;a href=&quot;https://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?a=10506&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot; rel=&quot;nofollow&quot; class=&quot;nav2&quot;&gt;A Boy Named Goo by Goo Goo Dolls&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
This may not be the best album I listed, but it's pretty fucking awesome, and is in my opinion the album that best defines the genre. If you like Power Pop but somehow haven't heard this album, listen to it now:&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;a href=&quot;https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zK6PiJCw_Jg&amp;list=PL6Gxit6EwIq_BItcgM6U7-g3-ik4gCNkx&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot; rel=&quot;nofollow&quot;&gt;https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zK6PiJCw_Jg&amp;list=PL6Gxit6EwIq_BItcgM6U7-g3-ik4gCNkx&lt;/a&gt;</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=492180#492180</comments>
                            <dc:creator>CA Dreamin</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Tue, 14 Nov 2017 03:37:08 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=492180#492180</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Power Pop Albums</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=492167#492167</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=39268'&gt;Fischman&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 11/14/2017 05:39&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;img src=&quot;https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51taZOdXo1L.jpg&quot; class=&quot;postimg&quot; /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;img src=&quot;https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/41b0doxt7IL.jpg&quot; class=&quot;postimg&quot; /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;img src=&quot;https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/4137Z4AFR9L.jpg&quot; class=&quot;postimg&quot; /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;img src=&quot;https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/61uE5idvRjL.jpg&quot; class=&quot;postimg&quot; /&gt;</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=492167#492167</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Fischman</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Tue, 14 Nov 2017 00:39:06 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=492167#492167</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Power Pop Albums</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=492152#492152</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=40684'&gt;Tha1ChiefRocka&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 11/14/2017 03:33&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Apparently The Knack are a power pop band.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;iframe class=&quot;forum-youtube&quot; src=&quot;https://www.youtube.com/embed/sV-bUJvUPCs?autoplay=0&amp;controls=1&amp;fs=1&quot; frame allow=&quot;accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture&quot; webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen&gt;&lt;/iframe&gt;&lt;br&gt;&lt;a href=&quot;https://youtube.com/watch?v=sV-bUJvUPCs&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot;&gt;Link&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
If they are considered one then I would like to nominate Setting Sons by The Jam as well.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;iframe class=&quot;forum-youtube&quot; src=&quot;https://www.youtube.com/embed/ND-15Ab2Gsg?autoplay=0&amp;controls=1&amp;fs=1&quot; frame allow=&quot;accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture&quot; webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen&gt;&lt;/iframe&gt;&lt;br&gt;&lt;a href=&quot;https://youtube.com/watch?v=ND-15Ab2Gsg&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot;&gt;Link&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br&gt;</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=492152#492152</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Tha1ChiefRocka</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Mon, 13 Nov 2017 22:33:19 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=492152#492152</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Power Pop Albums</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=492149#492149</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=34872'&gt;rkm&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 11/14/2017 02:10&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          I mean, we could at least throw up some albums that come to mind when we hear the term, before we declare it utterly meaningless.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=492149#492149</comments>
                            <dc:creator>rkm</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Mon, 13 Nov 2017 21:10:44 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=492149#492149</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Power Pop Albums</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=492147#492147</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=34872'&gt;rkm&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 11/14/2017 02:04&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;bobbyb5 wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;Power Pop is one of those genres that people squeeze everything into. I've heard absolutely everything squeezed into it . Until it's absolutely meaningless.. Even the definition is utterly useless. How can you possibly tell what is and what isnt descended from the Beatles ?  Unless you ask the person who made the record if that's what they were thinking when they made it. And if they weren't ,can you no longer call that song power pop? Or is it still power-pop even though the person who made it says that it's not?  it's a pointless exercise in futility.&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
But arguing about what it is and isn't makes for a good thread, no?</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=492147#492147</comments>
                            <dc:creator>rkm</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Mon, 13 Nov 2017 21:04:47 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=492147#492147</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Power Pop Albums</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=492145#492145</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=40052'&gt;bobbyb5&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 11/14/2017 01:42&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Power Pop is one of those genres that people squeeze everything into. I've heard absolutely everything squeezed into it . Until it's absolutely meaningless.. Even the definition is utterly useless. How can you possibly tell what is and what isnt descended from the Beatles ?  Unless you ask the person who made the record if that's what they were thinking when they made it. And if they weren't ,can you no longer call that song power pop? Or is it still power-pop even though the person who made it says that it's not?  it's a pointless exercise in futility.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=492145#492145</comments>
                            <dc:creator>bobbyb5</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Mon, 13 Nov 2017 20:42:13 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=492145#492145</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Power Pop Albums</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=492138#492138</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=34872'&gt;rkm&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 11/13/2017 23:28&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          I'll start here&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;img src=&quot;http://albumart.besteveralbums.com/albumart/album_large_5699_58b624e5cd233.jpg&quot; class=&quot;postimg&quot; /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;a href=&quot;https://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?a=5699&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot; rel=&quot;nofollow&quot; class=&quot;nav2&quot;&gt;Radio City by Big Star&lt;/a&gt;</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=492138#492138</comments>
                            <dc:creator>rkm</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Mon, 13 Nov 2017 18:28:29 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=492138#492138</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Power Pop Albums</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=492137#492137</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=34872'&gt;rkm&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 11/13/2017 23:24&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          What are your favourite power pop albums?&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Power Pop definition: descending from the Beatles and the Byrds, with an emphasis on melody and harmony, with guitars that jangle and crunch.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=492137#492137</comments>
                            <dc:creator>rkm</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Mon, 13 Nov 2017 18:24:47 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=492137#492137</guid>
                          </item></channel></rss>