<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<rss version="2.0" xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/">
<channel>
  <title>Best Ever Albums</title>
  <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/index.php</link>
  <description>&quot;I get by with a little help from my friends&quot; - The Beatles</description>
  <language>en</language>
  <ttl>1</ttl>
<item>
                            <title>Re: Grunge vs Britpop</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=500119#500119</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=19428'&gt;RoundTheBend&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 01/24/2018 03:05&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;LedZep wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;sethmadsen wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
Honestly it's fine to keep it running. I think it was part of a joke. But if you want, you can set it to expire in your original post by editing your original post.&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
Didn't know that, it's my first poll so I'm a bit of a forum newbie, sorry. But it's perfectly fine with me if the poll keeps running (part of the joke as you said).&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Yup!&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
No worries. There's a lot of things I probably still don't know about this site.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=500119#500119</comments>
                            <dc:creator>RoundTheBend</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Tue, 23 Jan 2018 22:05:17 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=500119#500119</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Grunge vs Britpop</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=500104#500104</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=31262'&gt;LedZep&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 01/24/2018 00:06&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;sethmadsen wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
Honestly it's fine to keep it running. I think it was part of a joke. But if you want, you can set it to expire in your original post by editing your original post.&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
Didn't know that, it's my first poll so I'm a bit of a forum newbie, sorry. But it's perfectly fine with me if the poll keeps running (part of the joke as you said).</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=500104#500104</comments>
                            <dc:creator>LedZep</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Tue, 23 Jan 2018 19:06:36 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=500104#500104</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Grunge vs Britpop</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=499955#499955</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=19428'&gt;RoundTheBend&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 01/23/2018 02:08&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;LedZep wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;Total votes: 50&lt;br /&gt;
Was waiting for this, thank you people for voting and commenting! It was fun and pretty educational actually. Seth you should close it, you're moderator &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;Very Happy&quot;&gt;😁&lt;/span&gt; :D&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Indeed, it was fun.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
And I'm just a data moderator (along with most people who've added/edited the database). &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Honestly it's fine to keep it running. I think it was part of a joke. But if you want, you can set it to expire in your original post by editing your original post.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=499955#499955</comments>
                            <dc:creator>RoundTheBend</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Mon, 22 Jan 2018 21:08:12 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=499955#499955</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Grunge vs Britpop</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=499901#499901</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=31262'&gt;LedZep&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 01/22/2018 19:03&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Total votes: 50&lt;br /&gt;
Was waiting for this, thank you people for voting and commenting! It was fun and pretty educational actually. Seth you should close it, you're moderator &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;Very Happy&quot;&gt;😁&lt;/span&gt; &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;Very Happy&quot;&gt;😁&lt;/span&gt;</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=499901#499901</comments>
                            <dc:creator>LedZep</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Mon, 22 Jan 2018 14:03:51 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=499901#499901</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Grunge vs Britpop</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=499818#499818</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=19428'&gt;RoundTheBend&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 01/22/2018 02:39&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          I already voted, but it appears to be Grunge now in lead. Quick and close the poll?</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=499818#499818</comments>
                            <dc:creator>RoundTheBend</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Sun, 21 Jan 2018 21:39:54 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=499818#499818</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Grunge vs Britpop</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=499781#499781</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=19428'&gt;RoundTheBend&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 01/21/2018 19:18&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;Michael1981 wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;23-22 &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;Laughing&quot;&gt;🤣&lt;/span&gt;  Britpop wins. Close the voting Ledzep!!!!&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
 &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;Laughing&quot;&gt;🤣&lt;/span&gt;  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;Laughing&quot;&gt;🤣&lt;/span&gt;  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;Laughing&quot;&gt;🤣&lt;/span&gt;</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=499781#499781</comments>
                            <dc:creator>RoundTheBend</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Sun, 21 Jan 2018 14:18:29 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=499781#499781</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Grunge vs Britpop</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=499777#499777</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=-1'&gt;Anonymous&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 01/21/2018 18:49&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;Michael1981 wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;It's tied at 22 all. Next vote wins?&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
23-22 &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;Laughing&quot;&gt;🤣&lt;/span&gt;  Britpop wins. Close the voting Ledzep!!!!</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=499777#499777</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Anonymous</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Sun, 21 Jan 2018 13:49:58 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=499777#499777</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Grunge vs Britpop</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=499776#499776</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=-1'&gt;Anonymous&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 01/21/2018 18:48&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Oh interesting. Will def check out that Shack album one-I love the La's- and I'll keep an eye out for that Paul Draper one too.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Actually I just wrote up some thought on the La's in my &lt;a href=&quot;https://www.besteveralbums.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=19668&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot; rel=&quot;nofollow&quot; class=&quot;nav2&quot;&gt;Britpop Music Diary&lt;/a&gt;. Feel free Graeme (and anyone else) to post rec's, thoughts and rants on Britpop bands in my diary.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=499776#499776</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Anonymous</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Sun, 21 Jan 2018 13:48:14 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=499776#499776</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Grunge vs Britpop</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=499773#499773</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=25377'&gt;Graeme2&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 01/21/2018 18:30&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Hey Michael, the main guy from Mansun (paul draper) released his debut solo album last year. Got it on now, sounds decent. He's doing a tour this year where he will play that Mansun album in full.&lt;br /&gt;
Check out the Shack one if you like the la's and stone roses and lots of reverb.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=499773#499773</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Graeme2</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Sun, 21 Jan 2018 13:30:56 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=499773#499773</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Grunge vs Britpop</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=499765#499765</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=-1'&gt;Anonymous&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 01/21/2018 17:50&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          It's tied at 22 all. Next vote wins?</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=499765#499765</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Anonymous</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Sun, 21 Jan 2018 12:50:14 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=499765#499765</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Grunge vs Britpop</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=499764#499764</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=-1'&gt;Anonymous&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 01/21/2018 17:48&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;Graeme2 wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;What's britpop then? And what's grunge? Here's my top ten britpop records y'all been waiting for, in no order, one album per artist only from the main period of the &quot;genre&quot;:&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Oasis: definitely maybe&lt;br /&gt;
Blur: modern life is rubbish&lt;br /&gt;
Shack: waterpistol&lt;br /&gt;
Manic street preachers: everything must go&lt;br /&gt;
Dodgy: homegrown&lt;br /&gt;
Mansun: attack of the grey lantern&lt;br /&gt;
Strangelove: love and other demons&lt;br /&gt;
Verve: a northern soul&lt;br /&gt;
Radiohead: the bends&lt;br /&gt;
Charlatans: tellin stories&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
The ten best grunge albums: all nirvana (even though they only did three). Cheers.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Edit: forgot these two creation beltas: SFA &quot;fuzzy logic&quot; and TFC &quot;grand prix&quot;. Britpop wins!&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
I've never heard that Shack album and I'd never even heard of Strangelove before this thread. Will try to check them out. Thanks!  &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
I liked that Mansun album too. A sort of prog/glam thing going on maybe? It's a shame they sort of disappeared off the radar after that.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=499764#499764</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Anonymous</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Sun, 21 Jan 2018 12:48:21 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=499764#499764</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Grunge vs Britpop</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=499763#499763</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=-1'&gt;Anonymous&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 01/21/2018 17:40&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;StreetSpirit wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;Michael1981 wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;Tilly wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;&lt;span style=&quot;font-style: italic&quot;&gt;here's sort of a grunge one ...  &lt;/span&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;a href=&quot;https://www.besteveralbums.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=498160#498160&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot; rel=&quot;nofollow&quot;&gt;https://www.besteveralbums.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=498160#498160&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Thanks Tilly. That was an interesting review for me as I don't know much early Grunge. I was a bit too young to really get into Grunge at the time though I did catch the tail end through Superunknown mainly and got into Badmotorfinger and Nevermind as well. I used to listen to stuff like Stone Temple Pilots, Bush and Silverchair as well. And lots of Smashing Pumpkins. But I'm guessing these were watered down versions of the earlier bands. I'd like to check out the Screaming Trees some time.&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
Were Smashing Pumpkins grunge? I'm not sure. STP, Bush, and Silverchair, sure..all grunge/post-grunge, but I'm not sure I'd call them 'watered down.' Check out Screaming Trees, solid Seattle band that never had the popularity of the others. Sweet Oblivion may be a good starting point.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Side note - Doof Warrior, Lee van Cleef, and Dean Martin are all awesome.&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Thanks for the Recs! Yeah, I suppose I was saying watered down as when you hear something like Alice in Chains  it does sound properly sludgy and my memory is those later bands had a similar sound but lighter and more chart friendly. Not necessarily a bad thing, of'course.  I dont suppose I would ordinarily call the Pumpkins Grunge personally. But the production on seems kind of similar . A very 'thick' sound.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=499763#499763</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Anonymous</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Sun, 21 Jan 2018 12:40:40 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=499763#499763</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Grunge vs Britpop</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=499694#499694</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=27018'&gt;mickilennial&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 01/21/2018 01:05&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          grunge started in seattle but eventually encompassed a particular shared idea of taking alternative rock in a dirtier and more grimey direction. really its just an assortment of bands that had loose connections; don't even need to be part of seattle</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=499694#499694</comments>
                            <dc:creator>mickilennial</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Sat, 20 Jan 2018 20:05:05 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=499694#499694</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Grunge vs Britpop</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=499681#499681</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=19428'&gt;RoundTheBend&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 01/20/2018 23:19&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;StreetSpirit wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;Michael1981 wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;Tilly wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;&lt;span style=&quot;font-style: italic&quot;&gt;here's sort of a grunge one ...  &lt;/span&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;a href=&quot;https://www.besteveralbums.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=498160#498160&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot; rel=&quot;nofollow&quot;&gt;https://www.besteveralbums.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=498160#498160&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Thanks Tilly. That was an interesting review for me as I don't know much early Grunge. I was a bit too young to really get into Grunge at the time though I did catch the tail end through Superunknown mainly and got into Badmotorfinger and Nevermind as well. I used to listen to stuff like Stone Temple Pilots, Bush and Silverchair as well. And lots of Smashing Pumpkins. But I'm guessing these were watered down versions of the earlier bands. I'd like to check out the Screaming Trees some time.&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
Were Smashing Pumpkins grunge? I'm not sure. STP, Bush, and Silverchair, sure..all grunge/post-grunge, but I'm not sure I'd call them 'watered down.' Check out Screaming Trees, solid Seattle band that never had the popularity of the others. Sweet Oblivion may be a good starting point.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Side note - Doof Warrior, Lee van Cleef, and Dean Martin are all awesome.&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
To my understanding Grunge is strictly a geographical thing (Seattle). Alternative rock is the umbrella all of these are under (which imo got misinterpreted to almost anybody with a guitar in about 1995/6 and has totally a different meaning now).</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=499681#499681</comments>
                            <dc:creator>RoundTheBend</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Sat, 20 Jan 2018 18:19:49 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=499681#499681</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Grunge vs Britpop</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=499666#499666</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=25377'&gt;Graeme2&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 01/20/2018 22:08&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;rkm wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;&lt;img src=&quot;https://i.pinimg.com/originals/81/b4/f1/81b4f11e4cf71b4de02488f6585e220f.jpg&quot; class=&quot;postimg&quot; /&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
 &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;Laughing&quot;&gt;🤣&lt;/span&gt; Nearly spat my drink all over the couch</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=499666#499666</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Graeme2</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Sat, 20 Jan 2018 17:08:42 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=499666#499666</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Grunge vs Britpop</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=499665#499665</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=25377'&gt;Graeme2&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 01/20/2018 22:06&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          What's britpop then? And what's grunge? Here's my top ten britpop records y'all been waiting for, in no order, one album per artist only from the main period of the &quot;genre&quot;:&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Oasis: definitely maybe&lt;br /&gt;
Blur: modern life is rubbish&lt;br /&gt;
Shack: waterpistol&lt;br /&gt;
Manic street preachers: everything must go&lt;br /&gt;
Dodgy: homegrown&lt;br /&gt;
Mansun: attack of the grey lantern&lt;br /&gt;
Strangelove: love and other demons&lt;br /&gt;
Verve: a northern soul&lt;br /&gt;
Radiohead: the bends&lt;br /&gt;
Charlatans: tellin stories&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
The ten best grunge albums: all nirvana (even though they only did three). Cheers.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Edit: forgot these two creation beltas: SFA &quot;fuzzy logic&quot; and TFC &quot;grand prix&quot;. Britpop wins!</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=499665#499665</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Graeme2</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Sat, 20 Jan 2018 17:06:29 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=499665#499665</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Grunge vs Britpop</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=499661#499661</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=30183'&gt;CA Dreamin&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 01/20/2018 21:23&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;Michael1981 wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;Tilly wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;&lt;span style=&quot;font-style: italic&quot;&gt;here's sort of a grunge one ...  &lt;/span&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;a href=&quot;https://www.besteveralbums.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=498160#498160&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot; rel=&quot;nofollow&quot;&gt;https://www.besteveralbums.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=498160#498160&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Thanks Tilly. That was an interesting review for me as I don't know much early Grunge. I was a bit too young to really get into Grunge at the time though I did catch the tail end through Superunknown mainly and got into Badmotorfinger and Nevermind as well. I used to listen to stuff like Stone Temple Pilots, Bush and Silverchair as well. And lots of Smashing Pumpkins. But I'm guessing these were watered down versions of the earlier bands. I'd like to check out the Screaming Trees some time.&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
Were Smashing Pumpkins grunge? I'm not sure. STP, Bush, and Silverchair, sure..all grunge/post-grunge, but I'm not sure I'd call them 'watered down.' Check out Screaming Trees, solid Seattle band that never had the popularity of the others. Sweet Oblivion may be a good starting point.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Side note - Doof Warrior, Lee van Cleef, and Dean Martin are all awesome.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=499661#499661</comments>
                            <dc:creator>CA Dreamin</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Sat, 20 Jan 2018 16:23:27 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=499661#499661</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Grunge vs Britpop</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=498262#498262</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=37649'&gt;Daydreamer&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 01/09/2018 10:31&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          I think we can all agree that both have some fantastic albums and then a lot of terrible shitty albums that followed. So I guess it's all a matter of preference, since they both have incredible highs. I think I slightly prefer grunge.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=498262#498262</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Daydreamer</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Tue, 9 Jan 2018 05:31:20 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=498262#498262</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Grunge vs Britpop</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=498169#498169</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=-1'&gt;Anonymous&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 01/08/2018 21:04&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;Tilly wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;&lt;span style=&quot;font-style: italic&quot;&gt;here's sort of a grunge one ...  &lt;/span&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;a href=&quot;https://www.besteveralbums.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=498160#498160&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot; rel=&quot;nofollow&quot;&gt;https://www.besteveralbums.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=498160#498160&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Thanks Tilly. That was an interesting review for me as I don't know much early Grunge. I was a bit too young to really get into Grunge at the time though I did catch the tail end through Superunkown mainly and got into Badmotorfinger and Nevermind as well. I used to listen to stuff like Stone  Temple Pilots, Bush and Silverchair as well. And lots of Smashing Pumpkins. But I'm guessing these were watered down versions of the earlier bands. I'd like to check out the Screaming Trees some time.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=498169#498169</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Anonymous</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Mon, 8 Jan 2018 16:04:05 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=498169#498169</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Grunge vs Britpop</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=498164#498164</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=23168'&gt;drakonium&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 01/08/2018 20:42&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;Fischman wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;LedZep wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
Agreed. With both you and Gowi. Just like the Beatles are to be blamed for some of the worst bands ever.&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Like, the Beatles, for instance.   :lol:&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
edgy af  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;Shocked&quot;&gt;😲&lt;/span&gt;</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=498164#498164</comments>
                            <dc:creator>drakonium</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Mon, 8 Jan 2018 15:42:42 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=498164#498164</guid>
                          </item></channel></rss>