<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<rss version="2.0" xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/">
<channel>
  <title>Best Ever Albums</title>
  <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/index.php</link>
  <description>&quot;I get by with a little help from my friends&quot; - The Beatles</description>
  <language>en</language>
  <ttl>1</ttl>
<item>
                            <title>Re: Anybody know stuff about Benny Goodman recordings?</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=499709#499709</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=42502'&gt;PurpleHazel&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 01/21/2018 06:24&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          This should help:&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;a href=&quot;https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sing,_Sing,_Sing_(With_a_Swing)&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot; rel=&quot;nofollow&quot;&gt;https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sing,_Sing,_Sing_(With_a_Swing)&lt;/a&gt;</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=499709#499709</comments>
                            <dc:creator>PurpleHazel</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Sun, 21 Jan 2018 01:24:33 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=499709#499709</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Anybody know stuff about Benny Goodman recordings?</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=499684#499684</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=19428'&gt;RoundTheBend&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 01/20/2018 23:26&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;Tha1ChiefRocka wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;&lt;img src=&quot;http://albumart.besteveralbums.com/albumart/album_large_19823_4ec56fb8a6d27.jpg&quot; class=&quot;postimg&quot; /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;a href=&quot;https://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?a=19823&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot; rel=&quot;nofollow&quot; class=&quot;nav2&quot;&gt;The Famous 1938 Carnegie Hall Jazz Concert by Benny Goodman&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
This is the album you're referring to right? Recorded in 1938, but relaesed in 1950?&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Yeah, that's one of them featuring the song. As I was digging through them, there's a handfull of live recordings. I don't think &quot;studio&quot; recording really was that far a long in the 30's. &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
I really do think the much better sound production comes from Swing Kids, EVEN IF I'm finding all over the place a &quot;Benny Goodman&quot; recording (attributed to him likely because he/his band wrote that arrangement) that sounds like it was a modern recording.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
That's the confusion... if that makes sense.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Not sure if you are able to hear both recordings in the OP and see they are both attributed to Benny Goodman.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Logic says it's either wrong or the song was recorded again when recording techniques/sound production got better.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=499684#499684</comments>
                            <dc:creator>RoundTheBend</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Sat, 20 Jan 2018 18:26:45 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=499684#499684</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Anybody know stuff about Benny Goodman recordings?</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=499659#499659</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=40684'&gt;Tha1ChiefRocka&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 01/20/2018 21:04&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;img src=&quot;http://albumart.besteveralbums.com/albumart/album_large_19823_4ec56fb8a6d27.jpg&quot; class=&quot;postimg&quot; /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;a href=&quot;https://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?a=19823&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot; rel=&quot;nofollow&quot; class=&quot;nav2&quot;&gt;The Famous 1938 Carnegie Hall Jazz Concert by Benny Goodman&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
This is the album you're referring to right? Recorded in 1938, but relaesed in 1950?</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=499659#499659</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Tha1ChiefRocka</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Sat, 20 Jan 2018 16:04:50 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=499659#499659</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Anybody know stuff about Benny Goodman recordings?</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=499636#499636</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=19428'&gt;RoundTheBend&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 01/20/2018 18:50&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          I've seen it happen before where tracks get confused in streaming services because someone didn't know better... but this one was tougher to crack as I wasn't sure. I think it is pretty clear the more modern sounding track is a James Horner recording for the soundtrack and basically anything old sounding were the originals. Case closed?</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=499636#499636</comments>
                            <dc:creator>RoundTheBend</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Sat, 20 Jan 2018 13:50:59 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=499636#499636</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Anybody know stuff about Benny Goodman recordings?</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=499635#499635</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=19428'&gt;RoundTheBend&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 01/20/2018 18:49&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          According to this, it is James Horner?&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;a href=&quot;https://www.discogs.com/Various-Swing-Kids-Music-From-The-Motion-Picture-Soundtrack/master/700316&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot; rel=&quot;nofollow&quot; class=&quot;nav2&quot;&gt;https://www.discogs.com/Various-Swing-K...ter/700316&lt;/a&gt;</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=499635#499635</comments>
                            <dc:creator>RoundTheBend</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Sat, 20 Jan 2018 13:49:21 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=499635#499635</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Anybody know stuff about Benny Goodman recordings?</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=499634#499634</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=19428'&gt;RoundTheBend&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 01/20/2018 18:44&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Sometimes I'll put on a Benny Goodman record and it is a live recording from like 1937... then I'll put on another record and it sounds like it could have been recorded in the 50s.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Does anyone know, for example, if the modern Sing Sing Sing recording is a re-recording without Benny, or is it just he recorded it in the 30s, and then again in the 50s or something? (fun thing I learned today, is that this song often attributed to Benny Goodman is actually a Louis Prima song). &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Here's the &quot;modern version&quot; attributed to Benny Goodman, but likely is actually not?&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;a href=&quot;https://play.google.com/music/m/Botlkggpob3xvwh7u4peqmi5whu?t=Swing_Kids_-_Soundtrack&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot; rel=&quot;nofollow&quot; class=&quot;nav2&quot;&gt;https://play.google.com/music/m/Botlkggpob3xvwh7u4peqmi5whu?t=Swing_Kids_-_Soundtrack&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
And this is the actual Benny Goodman track (I'm thinking, but not sure as there are multiple recordings by him, even if most live):&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;a href=&quot;https://open.spotify.com/track/61znp1Iy11bdJ2YAbwaqw7&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot; rel=&quot;nofollow&quot; class=&quot;nav2&quot;&gt;https://open.spotify.com/track/61znp1Iy11bdJ2YAbwaqw7&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Thoughts/links clarifying if actually Benny Goodman in the modern recording (which I think was done for the movie Swing Kids, but could be wrong?)</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=499634#499634</comments>
                            <dc:creator>RoundTheBend</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Sat, 20 Jan 2018 13:44:43 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=499634#499634</guid>
                          </item></channel></rss>