<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<rss version="2.0" xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/">
<channel>
  <title>Best Ever Albums</title>
  <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/index.php</link>
  <description>&quot;I get by with a little help from my friends&quot; - The Beatles</description>
  <language>en</language>
  <ttl>1</ttl>
<item>
                            <title>Re: Best Year For Music- Semifinals- Part 1: 60's, 70's, &amp;amp; 8</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=501582#501582</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=34872'&gt;rkm&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 02/05/2018 06:29&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          The voting pretty accurately reflected the BEA stats, if you're looking at the top 10 from each year (with the exception of the fact that '70 was as strong as '77 and yet received no votes).&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
But if you're looking at the top 50, '84 beats out '67, and '80 beats out '77 and '67, and '70 beats them all (yet received no votes).</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=501582#501582</comments>
                            <dc:creator>rkm</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Mon, 5 Feb 2018 01:29:44 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=501582#501582</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Best Year For Music- Semifinals- Part 1: 60's, 70's, &amp;amp; 8</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=501581#501581</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=34872'&gt;rkm&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 02/05/2018 06:24&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;img src=&quot;https://s10.postimg.org/ceiqvsk7t/IMG_1467.jpg&quot; class=&quot;postimg&quot; /&gt;</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=501581#501581</comments>
                            <dc:creator>rkm</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Mon, 5 Feb 2018 01:24:33 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=501581#501581</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Best Year For Music- Semifinals- Part 1: 60's, 70's, &amp;amp; 8</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=501580#501580</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=42502'&gt;PurpleHazel&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 02/05/2018 06:10&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;bobbyb5 wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;The only thing that surprises me here is the poor showing for 1980. I found it to be a great year for albums and easily the best year of the 80s.&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
Of the twentieth century decades, the 80s was the one with the least consensus around a couple of particular years. It was the only decade where I legit couldn't make up my mind between my final two.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;Quote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;Actually, 0 votes for 1970 is quite surprising too. Considering how good it was.&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
In any subsequent decade, 1970 would've mopped the floor with the competition, but it being in the 70s, it was overshadowed by other even more popular years. If we were also voting for second place, I bet it would've gotten a lot of votes.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=501580#501580</comments>
                            <dc:creator>PurpleHazel</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Mon, 5 Feb 2018 01:10:00 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=501580#501580</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Best Year For Music- Semifinals- Part 1: 60's, 70's, &amp;amp; 8</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=501571#501571</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=19428'&gt;RoundTheBend&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 02/05/2018 05:19&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;rkm wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;bobbyb5 wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;The only thing that surprises me here is the poor showing for 1980. I found it to be a great year for albums and easily the best year of the 80s.  But I can't argue with all the other front-runners. All were awesome years.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Actually, 0 votes for 1970 is quite surprising too. Considering how good it was.&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Maybe it's like people not voting for Bernie Sanders, because they see it as a wasted vote. Instead, they vote for the year they think is going to win, rather than the year they like the most.&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Too soon, bro. Too soon.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=501571#501571</comments>
                            <dc:creator>RoundTheBend</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Mon, 5 Feb 2018 00:19:56 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=501571#501571</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Best Year For Music- Semifinals- Part 1: 60's, 70's, &amp;amp; 8</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=501542#501542</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=34872'&gt;rkm&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 02/04/2018 22:28&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;bobbyb5 wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;The only thing that surprises me here is the poor showing for 1980. I found it to be a great year for albums and easily the best year of the 80s.  But I can't argue with all the other front-runners. All were awesome years.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Actually, 0 votes for 1970 is quite surprising too. Considering how good it was.&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Maybe it's like people not voting for Bernie Sanders, because they see it as a wasted vote. Instead, they vote for the year they think is going to win, rather than the year they like the most.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=501542#501542</comments>
                            <dc:creator>rkm</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Sun, 4 Feb 2018 17:28:56 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=501542#501542</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Best Year For Music- Semifinals- Part 1: 60's, 70's, &amp;amp; 8</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=501534#501534</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=29269'&gt;AAL2014&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 02/04/2018 21:02&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Tomorrow will be the last day to vote before we get the finalists for the most recent 3 decades. Since 4 will move on, the 4th finalist is still up in the air.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=501534#501534</comments>
                            <dc:creator>AAL2014</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Sun, 4 Feb 2018 16:02:56 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=501534#501534</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Best Year For Music- Semifinals- Part 1: 60's, 70's, &amp;amp; 8</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=501284#501284</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=-1'&gt;Anonymous&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 02/02/2018 18:21&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          '77. Not just the year punk broke, but a great year for jazz too &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;img src=&quot;http://albumart.besteveralbums.com/albumart/album_large_80444_5556c9eb6250b.jpg&quot; class=&quot;postimg&quot; /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;a href=&quot;https://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?a=80444&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot; rel=&quot;nofollow&quot; class=&quot;nav2&quot;&gt;Chicago Slow Dance by George Lewis&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;img src=&quot;http://albumart.besteveralbums.com/albumart/album_large_80189_555291a0310c3.jpg&quot; class=&quot;postimg&quot; /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;a href=&quot;https://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?a=80189&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot; rel=&quot;nofollow&quot; class=&quot;nav2&quot;&gt;Solo Concert by Leroy Jenkins&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;img src=&quot;http://albumart.besteveralbums.com/albumart/album_large_119464_597764a726e2d.jpg&quot; class=&quot;postimg&quot; /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;a href=&quot;https://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?a=119464&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot; rel=&quot;nofollow&quot; class=&quot;nav2&quot;&gt;Tromboneliness by Albert Mangelsdorff&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;img src=&quot;http://albumart.besteveralbums.com/albumart/album_large_83612_5599e6703d62e.jpg&quot; class=&quot;postimg&quot; /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;a href=&quot;https://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?a=83612&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot; rel=&quot;nofollow&quot; class=&quot;nav2&quot;&gt;By Myself by Abdul Wadud&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;img src=&quot;http://albumart.besteveralbums.com/albumart/album_large_80445_5556ca5dbec65.jpg&quot; class=&quot;postimg&quot; /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;a href=&quot;https://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?a=80445&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot; rel=&quot;nofollow&quot; class=&quot;nav2&quot;&gt;Shadowgraph by George Lewis&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;img src=&quot;http://albumart.besteveralbums.com/albumart/album_large_119115_59667983507eb.jpg&quot; class=&quot;postimg&quot; /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;a href=&quot;https://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?a=119115&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot; rel=&quot;nofollow&quot; class=&quot;nav2&quot;&gt;Statements V-XI For Double Bass &amp; Violone by Barry Guy&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;img src=&quot;http://albumart.besteveralbums.com/albumart/album_large_111108_58c1801b851b0.jpg&quot; class=&quot;postimg&quot; /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;a href=&quot;https://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?a=111108&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot; rel=&quot;nofollow&quot; class=&quot;nav2&quot;&gt;Company 4 by Company&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
And many other greats that don't appear in my overall</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=501284#501284</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Anonymous</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Fri, 2 Feb 2018 13:21:47 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=501284#501284</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Best Year For Music- Semifinals- Part 1: 60's, 70's, &amp;amp; 8</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=501261#501261</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=29269'&gt;AAL2014&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 02/02/2018 15:48&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;bobbyb5 wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;The only thing that surprises me here is the poor showing for 1980. I found it to be a great year for albums and easily the best year of the 80s.  But I can't argue with all the other front-runners. All were awesome years.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Actually, 0 votes for 1970 is quite surprising too. Considering how good it was.&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Yup, I'm very surprised at the lack of 1980 votes. I didn't think it would have as many as 71 or 67 at this point but I thought it would have done well. But I've seen a few crazy comebacks in these polls so far. 1984 I believe being one of them coming from 4 or 5 votes back to move on so who knows what will happen.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Still a few more days to vote before the second half of the semifinals featuring the 90s, 00s, and 10s.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=501261#501261</comments>
                            <dc:creator>AAL2014</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Fri, 2 Feb 2018 10:48:09 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=501261#501261</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Best Year For Music- Semifinals- Part 1: 60's, 70's, &amp;amp; 8</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=501243#501243</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=40052'&gt;bobbyb5&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 02/02/2018 13:41&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          The only thing that surprises me here is the poor showing for 1980. I found it to be a great year for albums and easily the best year of the 80s.  But I can't argue with all the other front-runners. All were awesome years.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Actually, 0 votes for 1970 is quite surprising too. Considering how good it was.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=501243#501243</comments>
                            <dc:creator>bobbyb5</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Fri, 2 Feb 2018 08:41:37 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=501243#501243</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Best Year For Music- Semifinals- Part 1: 60's, 70's, &amp;amp; 8</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=501223#501223</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=29269'&gt;AAL2014&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 02/02/2018 04:45&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;manurock wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;Thanks AAL for all the work in organizing this exciting competition. I would have also made a semifinal with 3 decades per post as you have done. I am glad to see, so far, that the 70's and 60's are beating the 80's, something I deeply think (speaking generally, of course). &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Looking at my overall chart, out of the surviving years, I am going to choose 1969 because I have 4 fantastic classic albums from different rock genres in the top 50: In the Court of the Crimson King (landmark of progressive rock), Everybody knows this is nowhere (country rock/hard rock), Abbey Road (innovative pop rock) and Led Zeppelin II (hard rock/blues rock).&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
It's been my pleasure, I've had a ton of fun and learned a lot with many great recommendations! I do agree with you as well in that the 60's and 70's resonate more with me.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=501223#501223</comments>
                            <dc:creator>AAL2014</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Thu, 1 Feb 2018 23:45:38 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=501223#501223</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Best Year For Music- Semifinals- Part 1: 60's, 70's, &amp;amp; 8</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=501221#501221</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=19428'&gt;RoundTheBend&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 02/02/2018 04:39&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;AAL2014 wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;sethmadsen wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;AAL2014 wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;sethmadsen wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;[quote= &quot;sethmadsen&quot;][quot e=&quot;AAL2014&quot;]&lt;br /&gt;
When you say Miles Davis is the co-MVP of American music, who is the other co-MVP?&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Fred Durst, duh.&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
It saddens me nobody laughed at this. So I will.  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;Laughing&quot;&gt;🤣&lt;/span&gt;  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;Laughing&quot;&gt;🤣&lt;/span&gt;  :lol:&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
I caught it but failed to respond. I laughed but immediately thought of his face with the red backwards ball cap and the beard  (which Lars Ulrich later sported) on Mount Rushmore along with JB, Miles, and Dylan and cringed a little.&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
 &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;Laughing&quot;&gt;🤣&lt;/span&gt; &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Wait... is JB, Justin Bieber?[/quote]&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Of course!  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;Laughing&quot;&gt;🤣&lt;/span&gt; &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
James Brown. Fuck even Jackson Browne. Or Jeff Beck although he isn't even American. Yikes perhaps even James Blunt before Justin Bieber. Toss up on that one.[/quote]&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
 &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;Laughing&quot;&gt;🤣&lt;/span&gt;  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;Laughing&quot;&gt;🤣&lt;/span&gt;  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;Laughing&quot;&gt;🤣&lt;/span&gt;</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=501221#501221</comments>
                            <dc:creator>RoundTheBend</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Thu, 1 Feb 2018 23:39:18 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=501221#501221</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Best Year For Music- Semifinals- Part 1: 60's, 70's, &amp;amp; 8</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=501211#501211</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=29269'&gt;AAL2014&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 02/02/2018 04:01&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;sethmadsen wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;AAL2014 wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;sethmadsen wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;sethmadsen wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;[quot e=&quot;AAL2014&quot;]&lt;br /&gt;
When you say Miles Davis is the co-MVP of American music, who is the other co-MVP?&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Fred Durst, duh.&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
It saddens me nobody laughed at this. So I will.  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;Laughing&quot;&gt;🤣&lt;/span&gt;  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;Laughing&quot;&gt;🤣&lt;/span&gt;  :lol:&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
I caught it but failed to respond. I laughed but immediately thought of his face with the red backwards ball cap and the beard  (which Lars Ulrich later sported) on Mount Rushmore along with JB, Miles, and Dylan and cringed a little.&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
 &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;Laughing&quot;&gt;🤣&lt;/span&gt; &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Wait... is JB, Justin Bieber?[/quote]&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Of course!  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;Laughing&quot;&gt;🤣&lt;/span&gt; &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
James Brown. Fuck even Jackson Browne. Or Jeff Beck although he isn't even American. Yikes perhaps even James Blunt before Justin Bieber. Toss up on that one.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=501211#501211</comments>
                            <dc:creator>AAL2014</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Thu, 1 Feb 2018 23:01:41 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=501211#501211</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Best Year For Music- Semifinals- Part 1: 60's, 70's, &amp;amp; 8</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=501207#501207</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=39268'&gt;Fischman&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 02/02/2018 03:45&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;PurpleHazel wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;I didn't get around to saying this in the 70s thread, but what also makes 1971 so dominant for me is that it was such an incredible year for R&amp;B as well as rock. Arguably the two greatest R&amp;B albums of all time (and certainly the most influential) came out then: &lt;span style=&quot;font-style: italic&quot;&gt;What's Going On&lt;/span&gt; and &lt;span style=&quot;font-style: italic&quot;&gt;There's A Riot Going On&lt;/span&gt;. Throw in &lt;span style=&quot;font-style: italic&quot;&gt;Maggot Brain&lt;/span&gt; and &lt;span style=&quot;font-style: italic&quot;&gt;Pieces of a Man&lt;/span&gt; and it's the best year for R&amp;B of all time. Not too shabby for a year considered one of rock's best.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Great year for jazz-rock too: &lt;span style=&quot;font-style: italic&quot;&gt;The Inner-Mounting Flame&lt;/span&gt;, the first Weather Report album (S/T) and &lt;span style=&quot;font-style: italic&quot;&gt;(A Tribute to) Jack Johnson&lt;/span&gt;.&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Bingo!  Rock, Fusion, R&amp;B, all peaked right then and there. A perfect musical storm.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=501207#501207</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Fischman</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Thu, 1 Feb 2018 22:45:39 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=501207#501207</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Best Year For Music- Semifinals- Part 1: 60's, 70's, &amp;amp; 8</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=501204#501204</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=19428'&gt;RoundTheBend&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 02/02/2018 03:39&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;AAL2014 wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;sethmadsen wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;sethmadsen wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;AAL2014 wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
When you say Miles Davis is the co-MVP of American music, who is the other co-MVP?&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Fred Durst, duh.&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
It saddens me nobody laughed at this. So I will.  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;Laughing&quot;&gt;🤣&lt;/span&gt;  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;Laughing&quot;&gt;🤣&lt;/span&gt;  :lol:&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
I caught it but failed to respond. I laughed but immediately thought of his face with the red backwards ball cap and the beard  (which Lars Ulrich later sported) on Mount Rushmore along with JB, Miles, and Dylan and cringed a little.&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
 &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;Laughing&quot;&gt;🤣&lt;/span&gt; &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Wait... is JB, Justin Bieber?</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=501204#501204</comments>
                            <dc:creator>RoundTheBend</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Thu, 1 Feb 2018 22:39:31 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=501204#501204</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Best Year For Music- Semifinals- Part 1: 60's, 70's, &amp;amp; 8</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=501140#501140</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=33508'&gt;badseed&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 02/01/2018 16:27&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          '67 hands down.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
VU &amp; Nico and Songs of Leonard Cohen are very important to me... MULTIPLE quality albums from Hendrix, Nina Simone, Jefferson Airplane, The Doors, Aretha Franklin... Buffalo Springfield Again. Chelsea Girl. Piper at the Gates of Dawn. John Wesley Harding. Forever Changes. Something Else by the Kinks. Yeah, '67 is my year, even if it contains the two most overrated Beatles albums.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=501140#501140</comments>
                            <dc:creator>badseed</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Thu, 1 Feb 2018 11:27:48 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=501140#501140</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Best Year For Music- Semifinals- Part 1: 60's, 70's, &amp;amp; 8</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=501120#501120</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=29158'&gt;manurock&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 02/01/2018 11:25&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Thanks AAL for all the work in organizing this exciting competition. I would have also made a semifinal with 3 decades per post as you have done. I am glad to see, so far, that the 70's and 60's are beating the 80's, something I deeply think (speaking generally, of course). &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Looking at my overall chart, out of the surviving years, I am going to choose 1969 because I have 4 fantastic classic albums from different rock genres in the top 50: In the Court of the Crimson King (landmark of progressive rock), Everybody knows this is nowhere (country rock/hard rock), Abbey Road (innovative pop rock) and Led Zeppelin II (hard rock/blues rock).</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=501120#501120</comments>
                            <dc:creator>manurock</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Thu, 1 Feb 2018 06:25:27 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=501120#501120</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Best Year For Music- Semifinals- Part 1: 60's, 70's, &amp;amp; 8</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=501096#501096</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=29269'&gt;AAL2014&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 02/01/2018 05:06&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;sethmadsen wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;sethmadsen wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;AAL2014 wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
When you say Miles Davis is the co-MVP of American music, who is the other co-MVP?&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Fred Durst, duh.&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
It saddens me nobody laughed at this. So I will.  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;Laughing&quot;&gt;🤣&lt;/span&gt;  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;Laughing&quot;&gt;🤣&lt;/span&gt;  :lol:&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
I caught it but failed to respond. I laughed but immediately thought of his face with the red backwards ball cap and the beard  (which Lars Ulrich later sported) on Mount Rushmore along with JB, Miles, and Dylan and cringed a little.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=501096#501096</comments>
                            <dc:creator>AAL2014</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Thu, 1 Feb 2018 00:06:05 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=501096#501096</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Best Year For Music- Semifinals- Part 1: 60's, 70's, &amp;amp; 8</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=501095#501095</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=29269'&gt;AAL2014&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 02/01/2018 05:03&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;PurpleHazel wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;Year or decade?&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;Quote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;It didn't strike me the same way In A Silent Way did, however there some absolute standout moments throughout. Memorable guitar, bass, and keys through the whole album. Not what I really expected at all, but man can Billy Cobham shuffle.&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
However one feels about Jack Johnson, if it's the second or third best jazz-rock album of that year, that's a helluva year for jazz-rock. Was helluva year for Billy Cobham!&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
There's a noticeable progression from In a Silent Way, through Bitches Brew's side-long tracks and Jack Johnson to On The Corner in which the music gets more amplified and more rhythm-oriented. Can't argue with Bitches Brew and Silent Way being the best, but I'm fond of Jack Johnson too. Though I admire On The Corner, it's a forbidding record and never played it nearly as much. Funny that at the time, it was considered to be Miles selling out, because it's one of his most experimental albums disguised as a commercial funk record.&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Sorry, I didn't specify. I meant I had actually just listened to it for the first time. I crossed it off my to-listen-to list. I liked it quite a bit. &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Yes, 71 was huge for Cobham, the drumming from the Inner Mounting Flame is out of this world. He and Tony Williams are just another breed of musicality and taste. Add Elvin to that short list, but he's a bit different stylistically.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=501095#501095</comments>
                            <dc:creator>AAL2014</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Thu, 1 Feb 2018 00:03:32 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=501095#501095</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Best Year For Music- Semifinals- Part 1: 60's, 70's, &amp;amp; 8</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=501069#501069</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=19428'&gt;RoundTheBend&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 02/01/2018 00:33&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;sethmadsen wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;AAL2014 wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
When you say Miles Davis is the co-MVP of American music, who is the other co-MVP?&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Fred Durst, duh.&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
It saddens me nobody laughed at this. So I will.  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;Laughing&quot;&gt;🤣&lt;/span&gt;  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;Laughing&quot;&gt;🤣&lt;/span&gt;  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;Laughing&quot;&gt;🤣&lt;/span&gt;</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=501069#501069</comments>
                            <dc:creator>RoundTheBend</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Wed, 31 Jan 2018 19:33:07 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=501069#501069</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Best Year For Music- Semifinals- Part 1: 60's, 70's, &amp;amp; 8</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=501068#501068</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=19428'&gt;RoundTheBend&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 02/01/2018 00:32&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;StreetSpirit wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;1966 saw The Beatles (Revolver), The Beach Boys (Pet Sounds), The Rolling Stones (Aftermath), Bob Dylan (Blonde on Blonde), and Simon &amp; Garfunkel (P S R &amp; T), at the top of their game.&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Good stuff indeed, even if my vote stays at 1969.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=501068#501068</comments>
                            <dc:creator>RoundTheBend</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Wed, 31 Jan 2018 19:32:22 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=501068#501068</guid>
                          </item></channel></rss>