<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<rss version="2.0" xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/">
<channel>
  <title>Best Ever Albums</title>
  <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/index.php</link>
  <description>&quot;I get by with a little help from my friends&quot; - The Beatles</description>
  <language>en</language>
  <ttl>1</ttl>
<item>
                            <title>Re: One-Hit Wonders that deserved better?</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=503333#503333</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=38503'&gt;CharlieBarley&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 02/19/2018 05:02&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          I really like the cover of Girl You'll Be A Woman Soon by Urge Overkill, from the Pulp Fiction soundtrack. No idea if they did anything else but that was a great track. I prefer it to Neil Diamond's original and I'm a fan of Neil Diamond</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=503333#503333</comments>
                            <dc:creator>CharlieBarley</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Mon, 19 Feb 2018 00:02:53 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=503333#503333</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: One-Hit Wonders that deserved better?</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=503293#503293</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=44100'&gt;YoungPunk&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 02/18/2018 19:48&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Well, I really like what I've heard from them so far. I prefer them to Brahms and maybe even Robert Schumann actually, even though that's not really a high standard for me. (They're not like Wagner...)</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=503293#503293</comments>
                            <dc:creator>YoungPunk</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Sun, 18 Feb 2018 14:48:02 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=503293#503293</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: One-Hit Wonders that deserved better?</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=503225#503225</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=19428'&gt;RoundTheBend&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 02/18/2018 03:33&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;YoungPunk wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;@seth Well the girls' music is well known but this is one of the few instances where I take the &quot;progressive&quot; stance and say that there is too much misogyny in our time currently for their music to be as big as they deserve. Kinda like how they arrested Martha Stewart for doing something male businessmen do without penalty to &quot;set an example&quot;. No flame wars please :)&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
That's totally agreeable and accurate.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
I was asking the more dangerous question to eliminate sex from the picture, and ask the question do their works actually have more merit (which is nearly impossible to answer).</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=503225#503225</comments>
                            <dc:creator>RoundTheBend</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Sat, 17 Feb 2018 22:33:58 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=503225#503225</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: One-Hit Wonders that deserved better?</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=503217#503217</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=44100'&gt;YoungPunk&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 02/18/2018 00:51&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          @seth Well the girls' music is well known but this is one of the few instances where I take the &quot;progressive&quot; stance and say that there is too much misogyny in our time currently for their music to be as big as they deserve. Kinda like how they arrested Martha Stewart for doing something male businessmen do without penalty to &quot;set an example&quot;. No flame wars please &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;Smile&quot;&gt;😄&lt;/span&gt;</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=503217#503217</comments>
                            <dc:creator>YoungPunk</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Sat, 17 Feb 2018 19:51:49 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=503217#503217</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: One-Hit Wonders that deserved better?</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=503192#503192</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=37649'&gt;Daydreamer&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 02/17/2018 16:50&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;LordMark wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;A lot of people dismiss James Blunt as a one-hit wonder because of &quot;You're Beautiful&quot;. IMO, &quot;High&quot;, &quot;Wisemen&quot;, &quot;No Bravery&quot; and pretty much every other track from&lt;span style=&quot;font-style: italic&quot;&gt; Back to Bedlam&lt;/span&gt; are better.&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Yes.&lt;br /&gt;
I really like that album to be honest.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=503192#503192</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Daydreamer</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Sat, 17 Feb 2018 11:50:28 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=503192#503192</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: One-Hit Wonders that deserved better?</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=503190#503190</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=19428'&gt;RoundTheBend&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 02/17/2018 16:29&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;craola wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;sethmadsen wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;That may be true, but I think what the others are saying isn't a singular experience, rather they've also seen very talented, deserving people not be famous and then we've all seen less talented people become incredibly famous. &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
It is an interesting thing - how we make certain things so famous. Like the Mona Lisa. Probably the most famous painting in the world. Why? When did that become the thing and how? Does it deserve it, etc. I suppose we can only guess, but I think it's because man kind liked to simplify things. It's just easier for us to learn easy facts instead of everything. Mona Lisa was the easy fact (imo). I mean it isn't bad art, but neither is it the most amazing. Yet it is indeed the most famous painting. &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Also - was Schubert's wife not as deserving? How about all the women in art? Few get the recognition most men did - or it was anonymous. &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Just some random thoughts/questions.&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
Well said, though correct me if I'm wrong - I thought Schubert didn't (couldn't) marry? I may be confusing him with someone else, but I seem to recall our ol' Franz getting screwed over by the times.&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
I don't know, to be honest.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=503190#503190</comments>
                            <dc:creator>RoundTheBend</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Sat, 17 Feb 2018 11:29:33 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=503190#503190</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: One-Hit Wonders that deserved better?</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=503189#503189</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=19428'&gt;RoundTheBend&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 02/17/2018 16:21&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;YoungPunk wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;Well there are lots of well known female composers, most notably Fanny Mendelssohn and Clara Schumann, whose music are great.&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Yup - thanks for correcting me. Schumann not Schubert.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
I don't know the answer to this, but do you feel their music isn't as well known because they are female or because it wasn't as deserving (dangerous territory I know, so no need to answer if you also aren't sure).</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=503189#503189</comments>
                            <dc:creator>RoundTheBend</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Sat, 17 Feb 2018 11:21:11 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=503189#503189</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: One-Hit Wonders that deserved better?</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=503184#503184</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=19428'&gt;RoundTheBend&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 02/17/2018 15:48&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;PurpleHazel wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;Temporary33 wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
I mean, I think the guy you're responding to (and if I'm wrong feel free to correct me) believes, just like I do, that those who aren't ultimately recognized just aren't deserving or talented enough to get that recognition. Regardless of what the individual thinks, the average person will migrate towards whatever it is they like. &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
If you aren't talented enough to tap into what the average individual likes or able to understand it well enough or how to do it, then perhaps you just aren't good enough to get the recognition you may, or others, think you deserve.&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
I think there is something to the idea that most true one-hit wonders had their chance, had all the advantages to have good work get a good reception and didn't come through. Of course there are artists who had one huge song but otherwise had good careers as album artists, like XTC.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
However, when it comes to talented artists who never had that a hit album or song, it's different. The music business is a business, and capitalism doesn't always reward the most talented and skilled. I worked in a record store for 5 years, and I can tell you that (at least before the internet disrupted the music industry) when the record companies were the gatekeepers who decided to a great extent what the public got to hear, a majority of the albums they released every year were shiite. If all the executives who were involved with putting out those albums had such dodgy judgment, it's only logical that that same judgment would lead them to miss out on some great talents.&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Yup.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=503184#503184</comments>
                            <dc:creator>RoundTheBend</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Sat, 17 Feb 2018 10:48:43 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=503184#503184</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: One-Hit Wonders that deserved better?</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=503173#503173</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=42502'&gt;PurpleHazel&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 02/17/2018 11:23&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;Temporary33 wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
I mean, I think the guy you're responding to (and if I'm wrong feel free to correct me) believes, just like I do, that those who aren't ultimately recognized just aren't deserving or talented enough to get that recognition. Regardless of what the individual thinks, the average person will migrate towards whatever it is they like. &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
If you aren't talented enough to tap into what the average individual likes or able to understand it well enough or how to do it, then perhaps you just aren't good enough to get the recognition you may, or others, think you deserve.&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
I think there is something to the idea that most true one-hit wonders had their chance, had all the advantages to have good work get a good reception and didn't come through. Of course there are artists who had one huge song but otherwise had good careers as album artists, like XTC.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
However, when it comes to talented artists who never had that a hit album or song, it's different. The music business is a business, and capitalism doesn't always reward the most talented and skilled. I worked in a record store for 5 years, and I can tell you that (at least before the internet disrupted the music industry) when the record companies were the gatekeepers who decided to a great extent what the public got to hear, a majority of the albums they released every year were shiite. If all the executives who were involved with putting out those albums had such dodgy judgment, it's only logical that that same judgment would lead them to miss out on some great talents.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=503173#503173</comments>
                            <dc:creator>PurpleHazel</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Sat, 17 Feb 2018 06:23:41 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=503173#503173</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: One-Hit Wonders that deserved better?</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=503170#503170</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=35870'&gt;LordMark&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 02/17/2018 07:23&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          A lot of people dismiss James Blunt as a one-hit wonder because of &quot;You're Beautiful&quot;. IMO, &quot;High&quot;, &quot;Wisemen&quot;, &quot;No Bravery&quot; and pretty much every other track from&lt;span style=&quot;font-style: italic&quot;&gt; Back to Bedlam&lt;/span&gt; are better.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=503170#503170</comments>
                            <dc:creator>LordMark</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Sat, 17 Feb 2018 02:23:02 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=503170#503170</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: One-Hit Wonders that deserved better?</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=503162#503162</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=19428'&gt;RoundTheBend&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 02/17/2018 04:28&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          also I spelled mankind wrong. oh well.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=503162#503162</comments>
                            <dc:creator>RoundTheBend</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Fri, 16 Feb 2018 23:28:36 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=503162#503162</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: One-Hit Wonders that deserved better?</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=503161#503161</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=19428'&gt;RoundTheBend&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 02/17/2018 04:26&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;Temporary33 wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;If you aren't talented enough to tap into what the average individual likes or able to understand it well enough or how to do it, then perhaps you just aren't good enough to get the recognition you may, or others, think you deserve.&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
I've tried saying this about music I don't like and usually I get a, you just aren't hip enough to like it. haha.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
And yes, I agree - the greatest artists are those who can tap into the greater humanity good, while being incredibly innovative/creative/deep/above par... without blow joe being none the wiser... they don't even try. &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Meanwhile, there are some who find such artists mediocre at best and you have to play atonal music to be worth anything.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=503161#503161</comments>
                            <dc:creator>RoundTheBend</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Fri, 16 Feb 2018 23:26:41 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=503161#503161</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: One-Hit Wonders that deserved better?</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=503156#503156</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=44100'&gt;YoungPunk&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 02/17/2018 03:25&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Thanks temporary, I have trouble expressing myself. Listen to too much music &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;Smile&quot;&gt;😄&lt;/span&gt;</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=503156#503156</comments>
                            <dc:creator>YoungPunk</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Fri, 16 Feb 2018 22:25:48 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=503156#503156</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: One-Hit Wonders that deserved better?</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=503151#503151</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=35311'&gt;Temporary33&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 02/17/2018 01:42&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;sethmadsen wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;That may be true, but I think what the others are saying isn't a singular experience, rather they've also seen very talented, deserving people not be famous and then we've all seen less talented people become incredibly famous. &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
It is an interesting thing - how we make certain things so famous. Like the Mona Lisa. Probably the most famous painting in the world. Why? When did that become the thing and how? Does it deserve it, etc. I suppose we can only guess, but I think it's because man kind liked to simplify things. It's just easier for us to learn easy facts instead of everything. Mona Lisa was the easy fact (imo). I mean it isn't bad art, but neither is it the most amazing. Yet it is indeed the most famous painting. &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Also - was Schubert's wife not as deserving? How about all the women in art? Few get the recognition most men did - or it was anonymous. &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Just some random thoughts/questions.&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
I mean, I think the guy you're responding to (and if I'm wrong feel free to correct me) believes, just like I do, that those who aren't ultimately recognized just aren't deserving or talented enough to get that recognition. Regardless of what the individual thinks, the average person will migrate towards whatever it is they like. &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
If you aren't talented enough to tap into what the average individual likes or able to understand it well enough or how to do it, then perhaps you just aren't good enough to get the recognition you may, or others, think you deserve.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=503151#503151</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Temporary33</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Fri, 16 Feb 2018 20:42:44 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=503151#503151</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: One-Hit Wonders that deserved better?</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=503149#503149</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=39380'&gt;PaperVinnie&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 02/17/2018 01:26&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Mountain. Their whole debut album and it's hit (Mississippi Queen) are Hard Rock at its finest, Leslie West is among the greatest guitar players of all time.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=503149#503149</comments>
                            <dc:creator>PaperVinnie</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Fri, 16 Feb 2018 20:26:39 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=503149#503149</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: One-Hit Wonders that deserved better?</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=503146#503146</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=44100'&gt;YoungPunk&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 02/17/2018 00:59&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Well there are lots of well known female composers, most notably Fanny Mendelssohn and Clara Schumann, whose music are great.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=503146#503146</comments>
                            <dc:creator>YoungPunk</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Fri, 16 Feb 2018 19:59:50 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=503146#503146</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: One-Hit Wonders that deserved better?</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=503099#503099</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=26833'&gt;craola&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 02/16/2018 17:05&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;sethmadsen wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;That may be true, but I think what the others are saying isn't a singular experience, rather they've also seen very talented, deserving people not be famous and then we've all seen less talented people become incredibly famous. &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
It is an interesting thing - how we make certain things so famous. Like the Mona Lisa. Probably the most famous painting in the world. Why? When did that become the thing and how? Does it deserve it, etc. I suppose we can only guess, but I think it's because man kind liked to simplify things. It's just easier for us to learn easy facts instead of everything. Mona Lisa was the easy fact (imo). I mean it isn't bad art, but neither is it the most amazing. Yet it is indeed the most famous painting. &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Also - was Schubert's wife not as deserving? How about all the women in art? Few get the recognition most men did - or it was anonymous. &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Just some random thoughts/questions.&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
Well said, though correct me if I'm wrong - I thought Schubert didn't (couldn't) marry? I may be confusing him with someone else, but I seem to recall our ol' Franz getting screwed over by the times.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=503099#503099</comments>
                            <dc:creator>craola</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Fri, 16 Feb 2018 12:05:51 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=503099#503099</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: One-Hit Wonders that deserved better?</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=503059#503059</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=19428'&gt;RoundTheBend&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 02/16/2018 05:52&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;YoungPunk wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;Its something I learned through experience...&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
That may be true, but I think what the others are saying isn't a singular experience, rather they've also seen very talented, deserving people not be famous and then we've all seen less talented people become incredibly famous. &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
It is an interesting thing - how we make certain things so famous. Like the Mona Lisa. Probably the most famous painting in the world. Why? When did that become the thing and how? Does it deserve it, etc. I suppose we can only guess, but I think it's because man kind liked to simplify things. It's just easier for us to learn easy facts instead of everything. Mona Lisa was the easy fact (imo). I mean it isn't bad art, but neither is it the most amazing. Yet it is indeed the most famous painting. &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Also - was Schubert's wife not as deserving? How about all the women in art? Few get the recognition most men did - or it was anonymous. &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Just some random thoughts/questions.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=503059#503059</comments>
                            <dc:creator>RoundTheBend</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Fri, 16 Feb 2018 00:52:49 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=503059#503059</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: One-Hit Wonders that deserved better?</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=503044#503044</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=44100'&gt;YoungPunk&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 02/16/2018 03:08&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Its something I learned through experience...</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=503044#503044</comments>
                            <dc:creator>YoungPunk</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Thu, 15 Feb 2018 22:08:01 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=503044#503044</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: One-Hit Wonders that deserved better?</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=502957#502957</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=41038'&gt;glynspsa&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 02/15/2018 13:16&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;PurpleHazel wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;When you hear about someone being posthumously recognized, it makes you think it happens to everyone who deserves it; it makes me think there were ten more as talented who weren't.&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
I agree with you purplehazel</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=502957#502957</comments>
                            <dc:creator>glynspsa</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Thu, 15 Feb 2018 08:16:58 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=502957#502957</guid>
                          </item></channel></rss>