<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<rss version="2.0" xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/">
<channel>
  <title>Best Ever Albums</title>
  <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/index.php</link>
  <description>&quot;I get by with a little help from my friends&quot; - The Beatles</description>
  <language>en</language>
  <ttl>1</ttl>
<item>
                            <title>Re: Hair Metal</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=557814#557814</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=34872'&gt;rkm&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 08/12/2019 22:18&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Thanks everyone for your input to this thread, and particularly Rocky for your top 100 (I think I listened to all of them). I’ve enjoyed my tour through Hair Metal, ironically at an age when I’m losing my hair.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
I’ve come up with a chronological list of 30 albums that I like from the era, and there are many isolated songs that I appreciate. It’s probably fair to say that hair metal isn’t my thing, as I don’t really like Motley Crüe and only truly like one Guns ‘n’ Roses song.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
If anyone is interested, here is my list. I still like Van Halen, have an increased admiration and genuine like for Dokken and Stryper, a new found appreciation of Mr. Big, and concede reluctantly that Def Leppard and Whitesnake are really pretty great, maybe not in spite of their kitsch factor, but because of it.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
The guitarists of the era were really pretty amazing.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;a href=&quot;https://www.besteveralbums.com/addchart.php?c=54463&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot; rel=&quot;nofollow&quot;&gt;https://www.besteveralbums.com/addchart.php?c=54463&lt;/a&gt;</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=557814#557814</comments>
                            <dc:creator>rkm</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Mon, 12 Aug 2019 18:18:20 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=557814#557814</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Hair Metal</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=556955#556955</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=27024'&gt;RockyRaccoon&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 08/01/2019 17:41&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;Jasonconfused wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;RockyRaccoon wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Oh my man, Ozzy was wayyyy in on hair metal with those first two albums, look at this dude:&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;img src=&quot;https://i.pinimg.com/originals/32/80/42/328042efc7b2d27030c5ef308d6f328b.jpg&quot; class=&quot;postimg&quot; /&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
No way that's during the first two albums. I don't see Randy Rhoads or Kerslake or Daisley or Aldrige... who are these people!?&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
That's the Jake E. Lee, Ultimate Sin-era Ozzy band, so about 1986ish</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=556955#556955</comments>
                            <dc:creator>RockyRaccoon</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Thu, 1 Aug 2019 13:41:29 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=556955#556955</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Hair Metal</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=556688#556688</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=18173'&gt;Romanelli&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 07/29/2019 13:52&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          The closest thing I think we ever got to a hair metal / alt country album:&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;img src=&quot;https://albumart.besteveralbums.com/albumart/album_large_5172_4e34324020111.jpg&quot; class=&quot;postimg&quot; /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;a href=&quot;https://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?a=5172&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot; rel=&quot;nofollow&quot; class=&quot;nav2&quot;&gt;Heartbreak Station by Cinderella&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
And these guys were pretty great, especially live:&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;img src=&quot;https://albumart.besteveralbums.com/albumart/album_large_5639_4e3ebe281ece6.jpg&quot; class=&quot;postimg&quot; /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;a href=&quot;https://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?a=5639&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot; rel=&quot;nofollow&quot; class=&quot;nav2&quot;&gt;Wake Me When It's Over by Faster Pussycat&lt;/a&gt;</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=556688#556688</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Romanelli</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Mon, 29 Jul 2019 09:52:54 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=556688#556688</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Hair Metal</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=556523#556523</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=25377'&gt;Graeme2&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 07/27/2019 20:08&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Looks very '86 that photo. Could almost be Motley Crue, Bon Jovi, Cinderella from that time. I guess '86-'87 was peak hair metal. I'm not really a fan of most of this era, though a couple of the big hair metal bands did have good early albums that I'm a fan of. Whether they are classed as hair metal, I don't know. &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;img src=&quot;https://albumart.besteveralbums.com/albumart/album_large_11389_4e36c449db08b.jpg&quot; class=&quot;postimg&quot; /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;a href=&quot;https://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?a=11389&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot; rel=&quot;nofollow&quot; class=&quot;nav2&quot;&gt;High 'n' Dry by Def Leppard&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;img src=&quot;https://albumart.besteveralbums.com/albumart/album_large_7811_4e4e1f8d47659.jpg&quot; class=&quot;postimg&quot; /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;a href=&quot;https://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?a=7811&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot; rel=&quot;nofollow&quot; class=&quot;nav2&quot;&gt;Too Fast For Love by Mötley Crüe&lt;/a&gt;</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=556523#556523</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Graeme2</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Sat, 27 Jul 2019 16:08:12 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=556523#556523</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Hair Metal</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=556360#556360</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=24736'&gt;Jasonconfused&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 07/25/2019 18:26&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;RockyRaccoon wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Oh my man, Ozzy was wayyyy in on hair metal with those first two albums, look at this dude:&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;img src=&quot;https://i.pinimg.com/originals/32/80/42/328042efc7b2d27030c5ef308d6f328b.jpg&quot; class=&quot;postimg&quot; /&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
No way that's during the first two albums. I don't see Randy Rhoads or Kerslake or Daisley or Aldrige... who are these people!?</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=556360#556360</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Jasonconfused</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Thu, 25 Jul 2019 14:26:59 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=556360#556360</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Hair Metal</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=556336#556336</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=34872'&gt;rkm&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 07/25/2019 12:54&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          I grew up in the church, and my folks didn’t like me listening to Van Halen, but tolerated me listening to Stryper. I’ve been listening to them today in the context of all the other ‘hair metal’ albums I’ve been exploring, and I’m kind of surprised that they hold up. The ballads are pretty awful, but some of the tracks are killer.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
I’m also surprised that they are still around making albums, and they sing and play as well as ever. Must be all that clean living?&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
This is the last track from their 1990 album, ‘Against the Law’.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;iframe class=&quot;forum-youtube&quot; src=&quot;https://www.youtube.com/embed/_w62H39wyxQ?autoplay=0&amp;controls=1&amp;fs=1&quot; frame allow=&quot;accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture&quot; webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen&gt;&lt;/iframe&gt;&lt;br&gt;&lt;a href=&quot;https://youtube.com/watch?v=_w62H39wyxQ&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot;&gt;Link&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br&gt;</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=556336#556336</comments>
                            <dc:creator>rkm</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Thu, 25 Jul 2019 08:54:53 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=556336#556336</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Hair Metal</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=556334#556334</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=27024'&gt;RockyRaccoon&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 07/25/2019 12:20&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;rkm wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;When do you think hair metal started and ended?&lt;br /&gt;
What year was it’s peak?&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
This write up doesn’t take itself too seriously, but argues that it really began in 1981 with Motley Crüe and ended in 1991 with its demolition via Nirvana, which rounds it out neatly at a decade.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;a href=&quot;https://www.pantsandfizz.com/hair-metal/&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot; rel=&quot;nofollow&quot;&gt;https://www.pantsandfizz.com/hair-metal/&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
I know others argue that ‘Appetite for Destruction’ from 1987, while being part of hair metal, was a nail in the coffin.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
I’d agree that ‘Slippery When Wet’ in 1986 was the mainstream peak.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
1988-1992 seems like an interesting period, in that there were definitely bands that perfected the hair metal image and sound a little too late, or seem like a parody of the genre now, or alternately took the sound in other directions (ie. Extreme with Funk/Metal etc.)&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
It's hard to say, because the genre can still pop up every now and then. I mean, The Darkness wasn't all that far off from hair metal, and they're still around. Europe is still together making music, as is Tesla (though both have changed their sounds).&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
I think I would say hair metal kid of fizzled out by about 1992-93. There are some fantastic hair metal releases from those years (like Steelheart and Giant for example) that got overlooked. But yea, I'd say hair metal's heyday was about 1980-1992ish</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=556334#556334</comments>
                            <dc:creator>RockyRaccoon</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Thu, 25 Jul 2019 08:20:44 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=556334#556334</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Hair Metal</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=556333#556333</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=27024'&gt;RockyRaccoon&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 07/25/2019 12:14&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;rkm wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;Rocky, at 28 you’re a fairly young dude, to be into this stuff. What was your entry point into it? Did you grow up with it?&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Nah, I didn't grow up with it. I grew up with Motown and 60s pop with a little bit of traditional classic rock.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
My entry point into hair metal was probably Van Halen, though at the time I didn't really know them as a hair metal band. I really started getting into hair metal because of the power ballads at first. I dunno why, but I just love me a good power ballad, which is how I first discovered Steelheart and FireHouse, with their songs &quot;I'll Never Let You Go&quot; and &quot;Love Of A Lifetime&quot; respectively.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
And I'm kind of an obsessive person, so once I get into something, I get into *all* of it, so once I started diving into hair metal, I dove into it as far as I could.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=556333#556333</comments>
                            <dc:creator>RockyRaccoon</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Thu, 25 Jul 2019 08:14:00 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=556333#556333</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Hair Metal</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=556307#556307</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=34872'&gt;rkm&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 07/25/2019 01:32&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          When do you think hair metal started and ended?&lt;br /&gt;
What year was it’s peak?&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
This write up doesn’t take itself too seriously, but argues that it really began in 1981 with Motley Crüe and ended in 1991 with its demolition via Nirvana, which rounds it out neatly at a decade.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;a href=&quot;https://www.pantsandfizz.com/hair-metal/&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot; rel=&quot;nofollow&quot;&gt;https://www.pantsandfizz.com/hair-metal/&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
I know others argue that ‘Appetite for Destruction’ from 1987, while being part of hair metal, was a nail in the coffin.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
I’d agree that ‘Slippery When Wet’ in 1986 was the mainstream peak.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
1988-1992 seems like an interesting period, in that there were definitely bands that perfected the hair metal image and sound a little too late, or seem like a parody of the genre now, or alternately took the sound in other directions (ie. Extreme with Funk/Metal etc.)</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=556307#556307</comments>
                            <dc:creator>rkm</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Wed, 24 Jul 2019 21:32:43 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=556307#556307</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Hair Metal</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=556306#556306</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=34872'&gt;rkm&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 07/25/2019 01:16&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          By 1988, I was 16, and the heavier bands I was into were King’s X and Living Colour. At the time, I think it was because they seemed more interesting to me than typical hair metal, blurring the lines of the genre. Thirty years later, I’m not sure whether they qualify as hair metal or not?</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=556306#556306</comments>
                            <dc:creator>rkm</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Wed, 24 Jul 2019 21:16:19 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=556306#556306</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Hair Metal</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=556305#556305</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=34872'&gt;rkm&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 07/25/2019 01:11&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Rocky, at 28 you’re a fairly young dude, to be into this stuff. What was your entry point into it? Did you grow up with it?&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
I agree, Vito Bratta is fantastic. I’m enjoying White Lion if just for the solos. I’m not sure that the rest of the band or the songs are quite as great as Vito’s solos, though.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=556305#556305</comments>
                            <dc:creator>rkm</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Wed, 24 Jul 2019 21:11:22 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=556305#556305</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Hair Metal</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=556203#556203</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=27024'&gt;RockyRaccoon&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 07/23/2019 18:26&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          I've also personally found Tesla to be horribly underrated, especially since Frank Hannon is such an incredible guitarist.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
I feel similarly about White Lion. While some of their music is somewhat unremarkable (though good luck not having When The Children Cry stuck in your head), Vito Bratta is absolutely phenomenal on the guitar, best exemplified here (skip to about 4:56):&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;iframe class=&quot;forum-youtube&quot; src=&quot;https://www.youtube.com/embed/Ctm-uQ8furQ?autoplay=0&amp;controls=1&amp;fs=1&quot; frame allow=&quot;accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture&quot; webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen&gt;&lt;/iframe&gt;&lt;br&gt;&lt;a href=&quot;https://youtube.com/watch?v=Ctm-uQ8furQ&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot;&gt;Link&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br&gt;</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=556203#556203</comments>
                            <dc:creator>RockyRaccoon</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Tue, 23 Jul 2019 14:26:11 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=556203#556203</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Hair Metal</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=556201#556201</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=27024'&gt;RockyRaccoon&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 07/23/2019 18:20&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Sorry to come to this so late because this genre is like my life blood. I love some of the recommendations mentioned here (and Tilly, thanks for mentioning my chart!)&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
I especially love the Giant recommendation, they don't get enough love, but I truly truly cannot recommend the two most underrated hair metal bands ever: Steelheart and Firehouse.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Especially their debuts&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;img src=&quot;https://albumart.besteveralbums.com/albumart/album_large_10323_4e55f920daee0.jpg&quot; class=&quot;postimg&quot; /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;a href=&quot;https://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?a=10323&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot; rel=&quot;nofollow&quot; class=&quot;nav2&quot;&gt;Steelheart by Steelheart&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;img src=&quot;https://albumart.besteveralbums.com/albumart/album_large_10057_4e3f964dcd766.jpg&quot; class=&quot;postimg&quot; /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;a href=&quot;https://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?a=10057&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot; rel=&quot;nofollow&quot; class=&quot;nav2&quot;&gt;FireHouse by FireHouse&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Also, Steeler's self-titled is absolutely killer&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;img src=&quot;https://albumart.besteveralbums.com/albumart/album_large_60230_536262d81d4d2.jpg&quot; class=&quot;postimg&quot; /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;a href=&quot;https://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?a=60230&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot; rel=&quot;nofollow&quot; class=&quot;nav2&quot;&gt;Steeler by Steeler&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
If you love guitar porn like I do, there's nothing better than hair metal with Yngwie Malmsteen in it.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=556201#556201</comments>
                            <dc:creator>RockyRaccoon</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Tue, 23 Jul 2019 14:20:39 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=556201#556201</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Hair Metal</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=556200#556200</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=27024'&gt;RockyRaccoon&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 07/23/2019 18:16&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;Fischman wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Plenty on Rocky's list I don't consider hair metal (especially the first two Ozzy albums and Triumph).&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Oh my man, Ozzy was wayyyy in on hair metal with those first two albums, look at this dude:&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;img src=&quot;https://i.pinimg.com/originals/32/80/42/328042efc7b2d27030c5ef308d6f328b.jpg&quot; class=&quot;postimg&quot; /&gt;</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=556200#556200</comments>
                            <dc:creator>RockyRaccoon</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Tue, 23 Jul 2019 14:16:34 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=556200#556200</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Hair Metal</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=556149#556149</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=18173'&gt;Romanelli&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 07/23/2019 01:22&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;iframe class=&quot;forum-youtube&quot; src=&quot;https://www.youtube.com/embed/reEhI-ONSqQ?autoplay=0&amp;controls=1&amp;fs=1&quot; frame allow=&quot;accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture&quot; webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen&gt;&lt;/iframe&gt;&lt;br&gt;&lt;a href=&quot;https://youtube.com/watch?v=reEhI-ONSqQ&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot;&gt;Link&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br&gt;</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=556149#556149</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Romanelli</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Mon, 22 Jul 2019 21:22:43 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=556149#556149</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Hair Metal</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=556144#556144</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=40684'&gt;Tha1ChiefRocka&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 07/23/2019 00:39&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Eh, it's like an HR Giger type thing. I'm sure there's still a metal band out there today with something like this.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=556144#556144</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Tha1ChiefRocka</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Mon, 22 Jul 2019 20:39:04 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=556144#556144</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Hair Metal</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=556143#556143</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=34872'&gt;rkm&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 07/23/2019 00:21&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          I can’t imagine an album cover like this coming out today, unless the woman on the cover was the artist.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;img src=&quot;https://albumart.besteveralbums.com/albumart/album_large_70612_54704c3e3f05f.jpg&quot; class=&quot;postimg&quot; /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;a href=&quot;https://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?a=70612&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot; rel=&quot;nofollow&quot; class=&quot;nav2&quot;&gt;Slave To The Thrill by Hurricane&lt;/a&gt;</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=556143#556143</comments>
                            <dc:creator>rkm</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Mon, 22 Jul 2019 20:21:12 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=556143#556143</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Hair Metal</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=556142#556142</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=34872'&gt;rkm&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 07/23/2019 00:02&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          @Fischman I’m listening to Hurricane’s &lt;br /&gt;
‘Slave to the Thrill’ at the moment. If you like ‘Over the Edge’, ‘Slave to the Thrill’ seems like an improvement to me. Very similar sound to Giant, by the way.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=556142#556142</comments>
                            <dc:creator>rkm</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Mon, 22 Jul 2019 20:02:54 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=556142#556142</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Hair Metal</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=556117#556117</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=30141'&gt;Repo&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 07/22/2019 16:34&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;Tha1ChiefRocka wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;img src=&quot;https://albumart.besteveralbums.com/albumart/album_large_14392_4e4b611383036.jpg&quot; class=&quot;postimg&quot; /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;a href=&quot;https://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?a=14392&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot; rel=&quot;nofollow&quot; class=&quot;nav2&quot;&gt;Blackout In The Red Room by Love/Hate&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
digging this one!  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;Very Happy&quot;&gt;😁&lt;/span&gt;</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=556117#556117</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Repo</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Mon, 22 Jul 2019 12:34:06 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=556117#556117</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Hair Metal</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=556111#556111</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=30141'&gt;Repo&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 07/22/2019 14:40&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Two more great ones... &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;img src=&quot;https://albumart.besteveralbums.com/albumart/album_large_76536_56eb0f3d2ffd0.jpg&quot; class=&quot;postimg&quot; /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;a href=&quot;https://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?a=76536&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot; rel=&quot;nofollow&quot; class=&quot;nav2&quot;&gt;Kix by Kix&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;img src=&quot;https://albumart.besteveralbums.com/albumart/album_large_32613_50a5ecfe7cbe3.jpg&quot; class=&quot;postimg&quot; /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;a href=&quot;https://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?a=32613&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot; rel=&quot;nofollow&quot; class=&quot;nav2&quot;&gt;Michael Schenker Group by Michael Schenker Group&lt;/a&gt;</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=556111#556111</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Repo</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Mon, 22 Jul 2019 10:40:18 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=556111#556111</guid>
                          </item></channel></rss>