<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<rss version="2.0" xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/">
<channel>
  <title>Best Ever Albums</title>
  <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/index.php</link>
  <description>&quot;I get by with a little help from my friends&quot; - The Beatles</description>
  <language>en</language>
  <ttl>1</ttl>
<item>
                            <title>2019</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=570234#570234</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=48034'&gt;RadioBallet&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 12/21/2019 03:37&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;div class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;    &lt;img src=&quot;https://albumart.besteveralbums.com/albumart/album_large_153328_5cde37489f2d9.jpg&quot; class=&quot;postimg&quot; style=&quot;cursor:pointer;&quot; height=&quot;250&quot; onclick=&quot;window.open('https://albumart.besteveralbums.com/albumart/album_large_153328_5cde37489f2d9.jpg','imgpop','width=500,height=500,status=no,toolbar=no,menubar=no');return false&quot; /&gt;    &lt;span class=&quot;hidden-md hidden-lg&quot;&gt;&lt;small&gt;&lt;br&gt;&lt;i&gt;Thumbnail. Click to enlarge.&lt;/i&gt;&lt;/small&gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/div&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;a href=&quot;https://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?a=153328&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot; rel=&quot;nofollow&quot; class=&quot;nav2&quot;&gt;Igor by Tyler, The Creator&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;span class=&quot;forum-bbcode-font-size-9&quot; style=&quot;line-height: normal&quot;&gt;May 17, 2019 // Neo-Soul&lt;/span&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
As big a step forward for Tyler as &lt;span style=&quot;font-style: italic&quot;&gt;Flower Boy&lt;/span&gt; was, &lt;span style=&quot;font-style: italic&quot;&gt;Igor&lt;/span&gt; explores the many negative feelings and reactions of a person in a complicated love triangle. It's nothing one could foresee Tyler doing stylistically, a weirdly cheap though vivid mix of soul, R&amp;B and hip hop that is as immersive as it is catchy and irresistible. It evokes emotion and tells a story from an intriguing perspective. It's engaging all the way through and greatly entertaining.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;span style=&quot;font-weight: bold&quot;&gt;Rating: &lt;span style=&quot;color: green&quot;&gt;86&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/span&gt;/100</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=570234#570234</comments>
                            <dc:creator>RadioBallet</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Fri, 20 Dec 2019 22:37:14 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=570234#570234</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>2018</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=570233#570233</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=48034'&gt;RadioBallet&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 12/21/2019 02:21&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;div class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;    &lt;img src=&quot;https://albumart.besteveralbums.com/albumart/album_large_136585_5c0ceae734395.jpg&quot; class=&quot;postimg&quot; style=&quot;cursor:pointer;&quot; height=&quot;250&quot; onclick=&quot;window.open('https://albumart.besteveralbums.com/albumart/album_large_136585_5c0ceae734395.jpg','imgpop','width=500,height=500,status=no,toolbar=no,menubar=no');return false&quot; /&gt;    &lt;span class=&quot;hidden-md hidden-lg&quot;&gt;&lt;small&gt;&lt;br&gt;&lt;i&gt;Thumbnail. Click to enlarge.&lt;/i&gt;&lt;/small&gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/div&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;a href=&quot;https://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?a=136585&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot; rel=&quot;nofollow&quot; class=&quot;nav2&quot;&gt;Kids See Ghosts by Kids See Ghosts&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;span class=&quot;forum-bbcode-font-size-9&quot; style=&quot;line-height: normal&quot;&gt;June 8, 2018 // Experimental Hip-Hop, Pop Rap&lt;/span&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
I really like the first half of this project more than the second. It's exciting and full of energy at its best parts, though I find it drags slightly on the longer and slower cuts which are all beside each other to close out the record. Though every track is beautifully textured and masterfully produced, I do need to focus harder as the album goes on to grasp on to its falling momentum.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;span style=&quot;font-weight: bold&quot;&gt;Rating: &lt;span style=&quot;color: green&quot;&gt;82&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/span&gt;/100</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=570233#570233</comments>
                            <dc:creator>RadioBallet</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Fri, 20 Dec 2019 21:21:57 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=570233#570233</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>2018</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=570158#570158</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=48034'&gt;RadioBallet&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 12/20/2019 02:17&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;div class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;    &lt;img src=&quot;https://albumart.besteveralbums.com/albumart/album_large_140232_5bb72656973ab.jpg&quot; class=&quot;postimg&quot; style=&quot;cursor:pointer;&quot; height=&quot;250&quot; onclick=&quot;window.open('https://albumart.besteveralbums.com/albumart/album_large_140232_5bb72656973ab.jpg','imgpop','width=500,height=500,status=no,toolbar=no,menubar=no');return false&quot; /&gt;    &lt;span class=&quot;hidden-md hidden-lg&quot;&gt;&lt;small&gt;&lt;br&gt;&lt;i&gt;Thumbnail. Click to enlarge.&lt;/i&gt;&lt;/small&gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/div&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;a href=&quot;https://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?a=140232&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot; rel=&quot;nofollow&quot; class=&quot;nav2&quot;&gt;El Mal Querer by Rosalía&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;span class=&quot;forum-bbcode-font-size-9&quot; style=&quot;line-height: normal&quot;&gt;November 2, 2018 // Flamenco Pop?&lt;/span&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
As one of the most promising talents out of the Spanish flamenco academies comes Rosalía, an incredibly talented vocalist. Her debut album &lt;span style=&quot;font-style: italic&quot;&gt;Los Ángeles&lt;/span&gt; (which I didn't cover to avoid redundancy but am greatly regretting already and might go back to it regardless) is one of the most haunting and harrowing albums I've ever heard, all done with a flamenco guitar and her virtuoso vocal performance with a traditional and now-trademark arab-flavored delivery. &lt;span style=&quot;font-style: italic&quot;&gt;El Mal Querer&lt;/span&gt;, Rosalía's sophomore project, flips this idea of simplicity on its head by sporting a rare mix of flamenco and pop with an urban feel. Not only is the sound aimed for ambitious, but this is a concept album which outlines the story of Flamenca (a book from the 13th century, one of the earliest modern novels known). It tells the story of a toxic and doomed relationship, as well as its tragic end. A book to album adaptation if there ever was one, and a good one at that, exploring masterfully the victim's point of view in an abusive relationship in a cinematic manner without having to say much. This blows me away pretty much every time and I'd say it's among the most impressive concept albums of the decade.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;span style=&quot;font-weight: bold&quot;&gt;Rating: &lt;span style=&quot;color: green&quot;&gt;94&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/span&gt;/100</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=570158#570158</comments>
                            <dc:creator>RadioBallet</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Thu, 19 Dec 2019 21:17:02 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=570158#570158</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>2017</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=570156#570156</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=48034'&gt;RadioBallet&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 12/20/2019 01:02&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;div class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;    &lt;img src=&quot;https://albumart.besteveralbums.com/albumart/album_large_116955_593b86cbbcda9.jpg&quot; class=&quot;postimg&quot; style=&quot;cursor:pointer;&quot; height=&quot;250&quot; onclick=&quot;window.open('https://albumart.besteveralbums.com/albumart/album_large_116955_593b86cbbcda9.jpg','imgpop','width=500,height=500,status=no,toolbar=no,menubar=no');return false&quot; /&gt;    &lt;span class=&quot;hidden-md hidden-lg&quot;&gt;&lt;small&gt;&lt;br&gt;&lt;i&gt;Thumbnail. Click to enlarge.&lt;/i&gt;&lt;/small&gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/div&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;span style=&quot;font-weight: bold&quot;&gt;Saturation Trilogy by Brockhampton&lt;/span&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;span class=&quot;forum-bbcode-font-size-9&quot; style=&quot;line-height: normal&quot;&gt;2017 // Hip Hop&lt;/span&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Anyone can release three albums in a year, but having not a single one of them suck is a feat worth noting. On top of the consistently refreshing and exciting tracks they perform over, the group puts together a collage of life stories and social perspectives that are highly representative of not only their world, but also that of their entire generation. I wouldn't say every single thing across the three albums is gold. I think there are only a couple particularly great songs in each album and the rest are good but not very noteworthy. I'm not gonna write much more, I just wanna get through the rest of the decade.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;span style=&quot;font-weight: bold&quot;&gt;Rating: &lt;span style=&quot;color: green&quot;&gt;75&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/span&gt;/100</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=570156#570156</comments>
                            <dc:creator>RadioBallet</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Thu, 19 Dec 2019 20:02:01 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=570156#570156</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>2017</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=569436#569436</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=48034'&gt;RadioBallet&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 12/11/2019 03:14&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;div class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;    &lt;img src=&quot;https://albumart.besteveralbums.com/albumart/album_large_118833_595fbb97f0f77.jpg&quot; class=&quot;postimg&quot; style=&quot;cursor:pointer;&quot; height=&quot;250&quot; onclick=&quot;window.open('https://albumart.besteveralbums.com/albumart/album_large_118833_595fbb97f0f77.jpg','imgpop','width=500,height=500,status=no,toolbar=no,menubar=no');return false&quot; /&gt;    &lt;span class=&quot;hidden-md hidden-lg&quot;&gt;&lt;small&gt;&lt;br&gt;&lt;i&gt;Thumbnail. Click to enlarge.&lt;/i&gt;&lt;/small&gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/div&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;a href=&quot;https://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?a=118833&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot; rel=&quot;nofollow&quot; class=&quot;nav2&quot;&gt;Flower Boy by Tyler, The Creator&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;span class=&quot;forum-bbcode-font-size-9&quot; style=&quot;line-height: normal&quot;&gt;July 21, 2017 // Hip Hop, Neo-Soul&lt;/span&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Unqualified as I am to comment thoroughly on the contrast between this album and Tyler's previous efforts, having never listened to any of these prior, it seems to be common consensus that this project marks a point of departure from a certain immaturity and negative attitude. He hints many times at the same speculation, particularly in &lt;span style=&quot;font-style: italic&quot;&gt;Where This Flower Blooms&lt;/span&gt;. This same idea is evident in the overall emotion of the record, which I find to be liberating though much more subtle and without a necessary sense of victory, like that relief and levity you sometimes feel after you cry, particularly from frustration or sadness. Indeed he brings the listener in on many of the inner struggles that he seeks release for in this album, making this a very introspective journey accompanied with a very organic, colorful and yet laid back atmosphere. His production is greatly varied in its details though it is firmly grounded in that dreamy air I just described. I find the album to be consistent all the way through with many solid tracks rather than a couple big standouts. Perhaps &lt;span style=&quot;font-style: italic&quot;&gt;See You Again&lt;/span&gt; is my favorite, though it's the one track that doesn't contribute as much to the project's theme as the others. It's just too lovely to dislike.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;span style=&quot;font-weight: bold&quot;&gt;Rating: &lt;span style=&quot;color: green&quot;&gt;81&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/span&gt;/100</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=569436#569436</comments>
                            <dc:creator>RadioBallet</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Tue, 10 Dec 2019 22:14:17 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=569436#569436</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>2016</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=569054#569054</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=48034'&gt;RadioBallet&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 12/07/2019 01:41&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;div class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;    &lt;img src=&quot;https://albumart.besteveralbums.com/albumart/album_large_102738_57d471ea62d0a.jpg&quot; class=&quot;postimg&quot; style=&quot;cursor:pointer;&quot; height=&quot;250&quot; onclick=&quot;window.open('https://albumart.besteveralbums.com/albumart/album_large_102738_57d471ea62d0a.jpg','imgpop','width=500,height=500,status=no,toolbar=no,menubar=no');return false&quot; /&gt;    &lt;span class=&quot;hidden-md hidden-lg&quot;&gt;&lt;small&gt;&lt;br&gt;&lt;i&gt;Thumbnail. Click to enlarge.&lt;/i&gt;&lt;/small&gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/div&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;a href=&quot;https://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?a=102738&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot; rel=&quot;nofollow&quot; class=&quot;nav2&quot;&gt;Atrocity Exhibition by Danny Brown&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;span class=&quot;forum-bbcode-font-size-9&quot; style=&quot;line-height: normal&quot;&gt;September 30, 2016 // Experimental Hip Hop&lt;/span&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Danny once again lets us step into the manic indulgence of his world. I skipped &lt;span style=&quot;font-style: italic&quot;&gt;Old&lt;/span&gt; and I only have &lt;span style=&quot;font-style: italic&quot;&gt;XXX&lt;/span&gt; to compare this to, but I see that the themes of both are still very similar. While on the topic of drug and alcohol abuse, unchecked sexual indulgence and crime as Danny tends to speak on, in a way this feels far nearer to a point of no return, a little more defeated, or just lost in the downward spiral he describes to open the album. There are moments in the project, like on &lt;span style=&quot;font-style: italic&quot;&gt;Ain't It Funny&lt;/span&gt; and &lt;span style=&quot;font-style: italic&quot;&gt;White Lines&lt;/span&gt;, which see Danny deep in the mix of the song, with his musical surroundings being loud and overstimulating yet bizarrely enjoyable, conveying the loop he feels stuck in. Really most of the instrumentals are far more &quot;out there&quot; and eclectic than they were on &lt;span style=&quot;font-style: italic&quot;&gt;XXX&lt;/span&gt;, which was already unique. Sometimes it's not even so easy to notice how frantic the instrumentals are because of how smoothly and effortlessly Danny raps over them. His technical ability is seldom challenged these days. Despite all these great points going for it I find that some tracks, despite how well produced they are, simply cause some drag during the second half. &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;span style=&quot;font-weight: bold&quot;&gt;Rating: &lt;span style=&quot;color: green&quot;&gt;79&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/span&gt;/100</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=569054#569054</comments>
                            <dc:creator>RadioBallet</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Fri, 6 Dec 2019 20:41:01 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=569054#569054</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>2016</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=568950#568950</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=48034'&gt;RadioBallet&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 12/05/2019 20:22&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;div class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;    &lt;img src=&quot;https://albumart.besteveralbums.com/albumart/album_large_97640_572f783bdcaf8.jpg&quot; class=&quot;postimg&quot; style=&quot;cursor:pointer;&quot; height=&quot;250&quot; onclick=&quot;window.open('https://albumart.besteveralbums.com/albumart/album_large_97640_572f783bdcaf8.jpg','imgpop','width=500,height=500,status=no,toolbar=no,menubar=no');return false&quot; /&gt;    &lt;span class=&quot;hidden-md hidden-lg&quot;&gt;&lt;small&gt;&lt;br&gt;&lt;i&gt;Thumbnail. Click to enlarge.&lt;/i&gt;&lt;/small&gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/div&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;a href=&quot;https://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?a=97640&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot; rel=&quot;nofollow&quot; class=&quot;nav2&quot;&gt;A Moon Shaped Pool by Radiohead&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;span class=&quot;forum-bbcode-font-size-9&quot; style=&quot;line-height: normal&quot;&gt;May 8, 2016 // Art Rock&lt;/span&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Having recently gone through a difficult split from his partner of 25 years, Radiohead's ninth album could be said to reflect Thom Yorke's emotional state after said event. It's subtle, intensely sad and fragile at many points. Its lyrics are poignant in describing love and regret. These aspects of the project give it a distinguished spot in the band's discography though they often leave the album sounding underwhelming and a little too quiet at times. Nevertheless, it is certainly among the band's best-textured releases and all the songs have sufficient substance to them.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;span style=&quot;font-weight: bold&quot;&gt;Rating: &lt;span style=&quot;color: green&quot;&gt;76&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/span&gt;/100</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=568950#568950</comments>
                            <dc:creator>RadioBallet</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Thu, 5 Dec 2019 15:22:43 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=568950#568950</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>2016</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=568881#568881</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=48034'&gt;RadioBallet&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 12/05/2019 02:58&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;div class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;    &lt;img src=&quot;https://albumart.besteveralbums.com/albumart/album_large_91441_568fb3cf410f3.jpg&quot; class=&quot;postimg&quot; style=&quot;cursor:pointer;&quot; height=&quot;250&quot; onclick=&quot;window.open('https://albumart.besteveralbums.com/albumart/album_large_91441_568fb3cf410f3.jpg','imgpop','width=500,height=500,status=no,toolbar=no,menubar=no');return false&quot; /&gt;    &lt;span class=&quot;hidden-md hidden-lg&quot;&gt;&lt;small&gt;&lt;br&gt;&lt;i&gt;Thumbnail. Click to enlarge.&lt;/i&gt;&lt;/small&gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/div&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;a href=&quot;https://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?a=91441&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot; rel=&quot;nofollow&quot; class=&quot;nav2&quot;&gt;â˜... (Blackstar) by David Bowie&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;span class=&quot;forum-bbcode-font-size-9&quot; style=&quot;line-height: normal&quot;&gt;January 8, 2016 // Art Rock&lt;/span&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Now synonymous with the end of David Bowie's celebrated career and his largely unparalleled contributions to the modern music scene we know today, &lt;span style=&quot;font-style: italic&quot;&gt;Blackstar&lt;/span&gt; was released only two days before its author's passing. This created some considerable commotion as the many cryptic self-references to death found throughout the album were suddenly put into context once it occurred. As impressive as it all was, I tend to dissociate the music from the context just slightly in cases where it seems to be all that people remember about the album, at least just to look at the project from a different angle. I consider &lt;span style=&quot;font-style: italic&quot;&gt;Blackstar&lt;/span&gt; a good album not only because of the peculiarity of its release but mainly because of how deliberate it is. I always find the &quot;weaker&quot; tracks like &lt;span style=&quot;font-style: italic&quot;&gt;'Tis a Pity She Was a Whore&lt;/span&gt;, &lt;span style=&quot;font-style: italic&quot;&gt;Sue&lt;/span&gt; and &lt;span style=&quot;font-style: italic&quot;&gt;Girl Loves Me&lt;/span&gt; to be particularly intriguing because they display how much thought was put into every aspect of the project. Those songs could not have any more juice squeezed out of them, and perhaps they just lack the potential of the title track and &lt;span style=&quot;font-style: italic&quot;&gt;Lazarus&lt;/span&gt; (which for many and me are clear standouts), but it certainly sounds like every song was given the same amount of attention. I see it as a case where would-be filler is properly tended to and made outstanding. I enjoy the instrumentation and jazz styling of the album as well as the great liberating feeling at the end of it. It's a proper swan song for an artist that deserves such.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;span style=&quot;font-weight: bold&quot;&gt;Rating: &lt;span style=&quot;color: green&quot;&gt;79&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/span&gt;/100</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=568881#568881</comments>
                            <dc:creator>RadioBallet</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Wed, 4 Dec 2019 21:58:25 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=568881#568881</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>2015</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=568872#568872</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=48034'&gt;RadioBallet&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 12/04/2019 23:57&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;div class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;    &lt;img src=&quot;https://albumart.besteveralbums.com/albumart/album_large_83821_559edcc798665.jpg&quot; class=&quot;postimg&quot; style=&quot;cursor:pointer;&quot; height=&quot;250&quot; onclick=&quot;window.open('https://albumart.besteveralbums.com/albumart/album_large_83821_559edcc798665.jpg','imgpop','width=500,height=500,status=no,toolbar=no,menubar=no');return false&quot; /&gt;    &lt;span class=&quot;hidden-md hidden-lg&quot;&gt;&lt;small&gt;&lt;br&gt;&lt;i&gt;Thumbnail. Click to enlarge.&lt;/i&gt;&lt;/small&gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/div&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;a href=&quot;https://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?a=83821&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot; rel=&quot;nofollow&quot; class=&quot;nav2&quot;&gt;Have You In My Wilderness by Julia Holter&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;span class=&quot;forum-bbcode-font-size-9&quot; style=&quot;line-height: normal&quot;&gt;September 25, 2015 // Art Pop&lt;/span&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Though it maintains warm, bittersweet, and ethereal in atmosphere in a similar vein to her previous work, &lt;span style=&quot;font-style: italic&quot;&gt;Have You In My Wilderness&lt;/span&gt; sees Julia Holter embrace a sound that is more direct and even pop-oriented than before. I prefer the tracks that create a more immersive experience, such as &lt;span style=&quot;font-style: italic&quot;&gt;Lucette Stranded on the Island&lt;/span&gt; and &lt;span style=&quot;font-style: italic&quot;&gt;Sea Calls Me Home&lt;/span&gt;. Lush soundscapes and Holter's enchanting vocals guide the listener through a journey full of beauty and wonder on these tracks. Songs like &lt;span style=&quot;font-style: italic&quot;&gt;Everytime Boots&lt;/span&gt; and &lt;span style=&quot;font-style: italic&quot;&gt;Silhouette&lt;/span&gt;, though some of the most conventional songs she's crafted, are charming, playful and entertaining.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;span style=&quot;font-weight: bold&quot;&gt;Rating: &lt;span style=&quot;color: green&quot;&gt;77&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/span&gt;/100</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=568872#568872</comments>
                            <dc:creator>RadioBallet</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Wed, 4 Dec 2019 18:57:42 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=568872#568872</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>2015</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=568756#568756</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=48034'&gt;RadioBallet&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 12/03/2019 03:14&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;div class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;    &lt;img src=&quot;https://media.pitchfork.com/photos/5929ac5c5e6ef959693218f8/1:1/w_600/dbfa1978.jpg&quot; class=&quot;postimg&quot; style=&quot;cursor:pointer;&quot; height=&quot;250&quot; onclick=&quot;window.open('https://media.pitchfork.com/photos/5929ac5c5e6ef959693218f8/1:1/w_600/dbfa1978.jpg','imgpop','width=600,height=600,status=no,toolbar=no,menubar=no');return false&quot; /&gt;    &lt;span class=&quot;hidden-md hidden-lg&quot;&gt;&lt;small&gt;&lt;br&gt;&lt;i&gt;Thumbnail. Click to enlarge.&lt;/i&gt;&lt;/small&gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/div&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;span style=&quot;font-weight: bold&quot;&gt;Carrie &amp; Lowell by Sufjan Stevens&lt;/span&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;span class=&quot;forum-bbcode-font-size-9&quot; style=&quot;line-height: normal&quot;&gt;March 31, 2015 // Indie Folk&lt;/span&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Famously among the most emotionally packed albums of the last decade, &lt;span style=&quot;font-style: italic&quot;&gt;Carrie &amp; Lowell&lt;/span&gt; packs much of its punch in the sheer reality of the sadness it contains. The story behind the record is tragic for lack of a better word, and this album is literally the release of the pent up anguish and unfulfilled longing that the events behind it caused. If you don't already know what the story is, I'd recommend taking a look online and what not. I haven't yet experienced the loss of a loved one, so I can't say I can relate to or find comfort in the project in the same way that many other listeners can, but Stevens opens a window into a part of life we all pass through at one point or another, peculiar as his situation may have been. With this in mind I appreciate the subtlety and reverence of the music, fragile teary vocals with a minimalist folk accompaniment. Though I do wish the delivery of the songs was a little more varied throughout the album and the electronic codas weren't as prominent (except maybe the very last one), there is no denying that heart and soul were put into the writing and recording of each song. Nothing feels half-done, and the lyrics are dense and poetic. As sad as it all is, there is a feeling of release and assurance through it all. Perhaps further down the line I will appreciate this album more than I already do, but it certainly has left a mark in the hearts of many.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;span style=&quot;font-weight: bold&quot;&gt;Rating: &lt;span style=&quot;color: green&quot;&gt;72&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/span&gt;/100</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=568756#568756</comments>
                            <dc:creator>RadioBallet</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Mon, 2 Dec 2019 22:14:03 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=568756#568756</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>2015</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=568649#568649</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=48034'&gt;RadioBallet&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 12/01/2019 19:02&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;div class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;    &lt;img src=&quot;https://albumart.besteveralbums.com/albumart/album_large_77758_5506585a7c66f.jpg&quot; class=&quot;postimg&quot; style=&quot;cursor:pointer;&quot; height=&quot;250&quot; onclick=&quot;window.open('https://albumart.besteveralbums.com/albumart/album_large_77758_5506585a7c66f.jpg','imgpop','width=500,height=500,status=no,toolbar=no,menubar=no');return false&quot; /&gt;    &lt;span class=&quot;hidden-md hidden-lg&quot;&gt;&lt;small&gt;&lt;br&gt;&lt;i&gt;Thumbnail. Click to enlarge.&lt;/i&gt;&lt;/small&gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/div&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;a href=&quot;https://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?a=77758&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot; rel=&quot;nofollow&quot; class=&quot;nav2&quot;&gt;To Pimp A Butterfly by Kendrick Lamar&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;span class=&quot;forum-bbcode-font-size-9&quot; style=&quot;line-height: normal&quot;&gt;March 15, 2015 // Conscious Hip Hop&lt;/span&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Three years after Kendrick claimed his seat at the top, he seeks to add another volume to his run of concept albums which began in 2011 with &lt;span style=&quot;font-style: italic&quot;&gt;Section.80&lt;/span&gt;. That project, followed by &lt;span style=&quot;font-style: italic&quot;&gt;good kid, m.A.A.d city&lt;/span&gt; in 2012 not only featured some great music, but brought listeners into the artist's early adult years and his rise to fame and critical acclaim. Though &lt;span style=&quot;font-style: italic&quot;&gt;To Pimp a Butterfly&lt;/span&gt; sees Kendrick enjoying a far richer lifestyle than that of his previous albums, it offers a different, and some would say further enlightened, view of the same social issues he has commented on in previous efforts. There are layers and layers of meaning in the album, but something I always take out of it is that problems will be around no matter how high you climb, being at one with oneself being the real battle to be won in the long run. Kendrick further expands this to form an argument against gang violence, pointing out how the very people seeking equality when encompassed by great enemies like racism and poverty are at conflict and war with themselves. There really is something for anyone to learn in the lyrics of the album but musically it explores and incorporates ideas that make it more ambitious than his previous efforts, particularly the inclusion of jazz and other culturally significant styles into his instrumentals. The creative concept which unravels itself as the album goes on is also very ambitious and beautifully executed, adding a certain grandeur or epic quality to the project. Not a breath is wasted, as usual, and every song plays a part. I don't know if it's the greatest album ever, I guess as I become more and more knowledgeable I'll be able to figure that out, but it certainly is one of the albums I draw the most enjoyment out of consistently. Nothing but praise for this one!&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;span style=&quot;font-weight: bold&quot;&gt;Rating: &lt;span style=&quot;color: green&quot;&gt;100&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/span&gt;/100</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=568649#568649</comments>
                            <dc:creator>RadioBallet</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Sun, 1 Dec 2019 14:02:41 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=568649#568649</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>2015</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=568636#568636</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=48034'&gt;RadioBallet&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 12/01/2019 14:09&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;div class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;    &lt;img src=&quot;https://albumart.besteveralbums.com/albumart/album_large_74021_54b2d43ddda41.jpg&quot; class=&quot;postimg&quot; style=&quot;cursor:pointer;&quot; height=&quot;250&quot; onclick=&quot;window.open('https://albumart.besteveralbums.com/albumart/album_large_74021_54b2d43ddda41.jpg','imgpop','width=500,height=500,status=no,toolbar=no,menubar=no');return false&quot; /&gt;    &lt;span class=&quot;hidden-md hidden-lg&quot;&gt;&lt;small&gt;&lt;br&gt;&lt;i&gt;Thumbnail. Click to enlarge.&lt;/i&gt;&lt;/small&gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/div&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;a href=&quot;https://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?a=74021&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot; rel=&quot;nofollow&quot; class=&quot;nav2&quot;&gt;I Love You, Honeybear by Father John Misty&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;span class=&quot;forum-bbcode-font-size-9&quot; style=&quot;line-height: normal&quot;&gt;February 10, 2015 // Indie Folk&lt;/span&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
If memory serves me right then this is the first album I ever listened to with the intent of discovering new music, considered critically and even rated. Despite it having been a few years since I've heard any of its content, I still greatly enjoyed this revisit to it. Being somewhat less of a mindless teenager now than I was then, I understand now what I enjoy so much about this album. Cold and cynical as one may be, weird things happen to a person when they fall in love, and I think this album portrays some of that in interesting ways. Despite his clever and satirical critiques of our modern society and his dislike for the world we live in, Tillman comes through with some of the most  sincere and earnest love songs I know. They don't feel forced or feigned, as his acknowledgement of the very imperfections within his situation end up validating it as an entirely human experience which the listener can relate to. This album reminds me of that flurry of emotions and light from heaven which seems to shine on everything when one falls in love, and it's comical yet heartwarming to see it happen to a master of deadpan, socially conscious sarcasm like Josh Tillman. No one escapes it when it hits, and it can happen anywhere anyhow, even at the grocery store.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;span style=&quot;font-weight: bold&quot;&gt;Rating: &lt;span style=&quot;color: green&quot;&gt;75&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/span&gt;/100</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=568636#568636</comments>
                            <dc:creator>RadioBallet</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Sun, 1 Dec 2019 09:09:12 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=568636#568636</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>2014</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=568608#568608</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=48034'&gt;RadioBallet&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 12/01/2019 02:43&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;div class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;    &lt;img src=&quot;https://albumart.besteveralbums.com/albumart/album_large_69152_5449d4e5993fc.jpg&quot; class=&quot;postimg&quot; style=&quot;cursor:pointer;&quot; height=&quot;250&quot; onclick=&quot;window.open('https://albumart.besteveralbums.com/albumart/album_large_69152_5449d4e5993fc.jpg','imgpop','width=500,height=500,status=no,toolbar=no,menubar=no');return false&quot; /&gt;    &lt;span class=&quot;hidden-md hidden-lg&quot;&gt;&lt;small&gt;&lt;br&gt;&lt;i&gt;Thumbnail. Click to enlarge.&lt;/i&gt;&lt;/small&gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/div&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;a href=&quot;https://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?a=69152&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot; rel=&quot;nofollow&quot; class=&quot;nav2&quot;&gt;Pom Pom by Ariel Pink&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;span class=&quot;forum-bbcode-font-size-9&quot; style=&quot;line-height: normal&quot;&gt;November 17, 2014 // Psychedelic Pop&lt;/span&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
I wanted to hear something crazy so I thankfully chose this. This being my first full listen I'm not really sure how to word my thoughts on it; my mind is still trying to make sense of all of it, though I believe it's not necessary in order to enjoy what this album offers: over an hour of satirical, playful and half-insane ''pop'' songs accompanied by the kookiest version of Ariel Pink. I enjoyed all 17 tracks, a few more than others, but the overall experience is for me better than the sum of its parts. There are a few times in which the humor and madness got a little near the line of distastefulness, but I'm willing to forgive those thanks to the strongest moments on the album. Had a great time with this!&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;span style=&quot;font-weight: bold&quot;&gt;Rating: &lt;span style=&quot;color: green&quot;&gt;79&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/span&gt;/100</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=568608#568608</comments>
                            <dc:creator>RadioBallet</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Sat, 30 Nov 2019 21:43:02 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=568608#568608</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>2014</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=568607#568607</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=48034'&gt;RadioBallet&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 12/01/2019 02:31&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;div class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;    &lt;img src=&quot;https://albumart.besteveralbums.com/albumart/album_large_72961_5497688040211.jpg&quot; class=&quot;postimg&quot; style=&quot;cursor:pointer;&quot; height=&quot;250&quot; onclick=&quot;window.open('https://albumart.besteveralbums.com/albumart/album_large_72961_5497688040211.jpg','imgpop','width=500,height=500,status=no,toolbar=no,menubar=no');return false&quot; /&gt;    &lt;span class=&quot;hidden-md hidden-lg&quot;&gt;&lt;small&gt;&lt;br&gt;&lt;i&gt;Thumbnail. Click to enlarge.&lt;/i&gt;&lt;/small&gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/div&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;a href=&quot;https://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?a=72961&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot; rel=&quot;nofollow&quot; class=&quot;nav2&quot;&gt;I'm In Your Mind Fuzz by King Gizzard &amp; The Lizard Wizard&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;span class=&quot;forum-bbcode-font-size-9&quot; style=&quot;line-height: normal&quot;&gt;October 31, 2014 // Psychedelic Rock, Garage Rock&lt;/span&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
The opening medley of this album being my go-to driving music, I chose to listen to the whole project in hopes that the rest of it would prove to be just as exhilarating. Instead, the band lowers intensity to provide some intriguing tracks such as &lt;span style=&quot;font-style: italic&quot;&gt;Hot Water&lt;/span&gt;, where a pastoral flute accompanies the rather uncommon though far from unnecessary topic of climate change. Despite some decent songs and the continuity of musical elements present in the medley, I can't help but desire some more of what the album began with by the end of it. I hear &lt;span style=&quot;font-style: italic&quot;&gt;Nonagon Infinity&lt;/span&gt; might be what I'm looking for, so I'll make sure to visit that one when I get there.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;span style=&quot;font-weight: bold&quot;&gt;Rating: &lt;span style=&quot;color: green&quot;&gt;66&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/span&gt;/100</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=568607#568607</comments>
                            <dc:creator>RadioBallet</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Sat, 30 Nov 2019 21:31:47 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=568607#568607</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>2013</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=568383#568383</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=48034'&gt;RadioBallet&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 11/28/2019 00:52&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;div class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;    &lt;img src=&quot;https://albumart.besteveralbums.com/albumart/album_large_46652_525c9dfd61bdc.jpg&quot; class=&quot;postimg&quot; style=&quot;cursor:pointer;&quot; height=&quot;250&quot; onclick=&quot;window.open('https://albumart.besteveralbums.com/albumart/album_large_46652_525c9dfd61bdc.jpg','imgpop','width=500,height=500,status=no,toolbar=no,menubar=no');return false&quot; /&gt;    &lt;span class=&quot;hidden-md hidden-lg&quot;&gt;&lt;small&gt;&lt;br&gt;&lt;i&gt;Thumbnail. Click to enlarge.&lt;/i&gt;&lt;/small&gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/div&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;a href=&quot;https://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?a=46652&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot; rel=&quot;nofollow&quot; class=&quot;nav2&quot;&gt;Virgins by Tim Hecker&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;span class=&quot;forum-bbcode-font-size-9&quot; style=&quot;line-height: normal&quot;&gt;October 14, 2013 // Ambient, Drone&lt;/span&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Hecker's previous soundscape, &lt;span style=&quot;font-style: italic&quot;&gt;Ravedeath, 1972&lt;/span&gt;, imagined a desolate, post-apocalyptic world where only fading memories remain to attest of its former glory. While that project feels hollow and poignant (in the best way possible), its follow-up, &lt;span style=&quot;font-style: italic&quot;&gt;Virgins&lt;/span&gt;, is chaotic and violent enough to be set as the cause of its predecessor's destroyed environment. Perhaps best described as apocalyptic, there is an ominous sense of urgency throughout the length of the project. Doom and gloom, no more no less. One of the very impressive qualities of this album, however, is that it creates this frightening atmosphere with sounds that, once isolated, are bright and positive in tone. Hecker's use of sound to evoke powerful emotion is one of the most exciting talents in the world of ambient and drone music. This really is an otherworldly experience.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;span style=&quot;font-weight: bold&quot;&gt;Rating: &lt;span style=&quot;color: green&quot;&gt;80&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/span&gt;/100</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=568383#568383</comments>
                            <dc:creator>RadioBallet</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Wed, 27 Nov 2019 19:52:15 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=568383#568383</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>2013</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=568380#568380</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=48034'&gt;RadioBallet&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 11/27/2019 23:33&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;div class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;    &lt;img src=&quot;https://albumart.besteveralbums.com/albumart/album_large_40624_51afe53b014aa.jpg&quot; class=&quot;postimg&quot; style=&quot;cursor:pointer;&quot; height=&quot;250&quot; onclick=&quot;window.open('https://albumart.besteveralbums.com/albumart/album_large_40624_51afe53b014aa.jpg','imgpop','width=500,height=500,status=no,toolbar=no,menubar=no');return false&quot; /&gt;    &lt;span class=&quot;hidden-md hidden-lg&quot;&gt;&lt;small&gt;&lt;br&gt;&lt;i&gt;Thumbnail. Click to enlarge.&lt;/i&gt;&lt;/small&gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/div&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;a href=&quot;https://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?a=40624&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot; rel=&quot;nofollow&quot; class=&quot;nav2&quot;&gt;...Like Clockwork by Queens Of The Stone Age&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;span class=&quot;forum-bbcode-font-size-9&quot; style=&quot;line-height: normal&quot;&gt;June 3, 2013 // Rock&lt;/span&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
This being my introduction to the band (other than a few songs here and there), I was impressed with many aspects of the album. First of all it seems as though the group put real thought into every song on the track listing. The entirety of the project feels very deliberate. Now this doesn't mean that I liked every song, but it was close to that (sorry, &lt;span style=&quot;font-style: italic&quot;&gt;Smooth Sailing&lt;/span&gt;). That being said, none of the songs wowed me either. However, I do enjoy the first half of the project more than the latter. The first several tracks feel creative and adventurous. The opener has that djent-like drop-tuned bass line. &lt;span style=&quot;font-style: italic&quot;&gt;I Sat By the Ocean&lt;/span&gt; has a clean, gleaming guitar hook that stands out among the many on the project. The following track is a piano song for crying out loud and &lt;span style=&quot;font-style: italic&quot;&gt;If I Had a Tail&lt;/span&gt; is set to a dance drumbeat. Past this point and with the exception of &lt;span style=&quot;font-style: italic&quot;&gt;Kalopsia&lt;/span&gt; things head off in a more conventional direction, which in itself is not bad but caused a certain disruption in cohesion. Perhaps I'm just picky, what do I know? Lyrics and vocal performance are noteworthy as well. The band sounds tight! Perhaps once I listen to the rest of the group's discography my opinion may change.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;span style=&quot;font-weight: bold&quot;&gt;Rating: &lt;span style=&quot;color: green&quot;&gt;60&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/span&gt;/100</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=568380#568380</comments>
                            <dc:creator>RadioBallet</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Wed, 27 Nov 2019 18:33:23 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=568380#568380</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>2013</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=568113#568113</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=48034'&gt;RadioBallet&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 11/25/2019 00:02&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;div class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;    &lt;img src=&quot;https://albumart.besteveralbums.com/albumart/album_large_36536_59de5ce153d25.jpg&quot; class=&quot;postimg&quot; style=&quot;cursor:pointer;&quot; height=&quot;250&quot; onclick=&quot;window.open('https://albumart.besteveralbums.com/albumart/album_large_36536_59de5ce153d25.jpg','imgpop','width=500,height=500,status=no,toolbar=no,menubar=no');return false&quot; /&gt;    &lt;span class=&quot;hidden-md hidden-lg&quot;&gt;&lt;small&gt;&lt;br&gt;&lt;i&gt;Thumbnail. Click to enlarge.&lt;/i&gt;&lt;/small&gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/div&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;a href=&quot;https://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?a=36536&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot; rel=&quot;nofollow&quot; class=&quot;nav2&quot;&gt;Push The Sky Away by Nick Cave &amp; The Bad Seeds&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;span class=&quot;forum-bbcode-font-size-9&quot; style=&quot;line-height: normal&quot;&gt;February 18, 2013 // Art Rock&lt;/span&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
I'm aware that Nick Cave has a sizable discography and that there are arguably better records to be introduced to him with, but this is the first time I've ever listened to one of his projects in its entirety. I'm excited to listen to the rest of his discography when I get to it, for this album captivated me with its excellent lyricism and its unique aesthetic. It's very subtle and quiet while managing to be emotionally stirring and powerful. I'm sure with time and repeated visits it will open further, but for now I'm very pleased to have chosen to listen to this.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;span style=&quot;font-weight: bold&quot;&gt;Rating: &lt;span style=&quot;color: green&quot;&gt;69&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/span&gt;/100</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=568113#568113</comments>
                            <dc:creator>RadioBallet</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Sun, 24 Nov 2019 19:02:27 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=568113#568113</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>2013</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=568034#568034</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=48034'&gt;RadioBallet&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 11/24/2019 04:18&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          From now on I will only fit three to five albums into each year. As for my 2013 picks, I didn't find any albums that I knew would top the decade so I picked a couple that I was intrigued by and an old favorite.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;div class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;    &lt;img src=&quot;https://albumart.besteveralbums.com/albumart/album_large_40623_5188a35d27afb.jpg&quot; class=&quot;postimg&quot; style=&quot;cursor:pointer;&quot; height=&quot;250&quot; onclick=&quot;window.open('https://albumart.besteveralbums.com/albumart/album_large_40623_5188a35d27afb.jpg','imgpop','width=500,height=500,status=no,toolbar=no,menubar=no');return false&quot; /&gt;    &lt;span class=&quot;hidden-md hidden-lg&quot;&gt;&lt;small&gt;&lt;br&gt;&lt;i&gt;Thumbnail. Click to enlarge.&lt;/i&gt;&lt;/small&gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/div&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;a href=&quot;https://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?a=40623&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot; rel=&quot;nofollow&quot; class=&quot;nav2&quot;&gt;Modern Vampires Of The City by Vampire Weekend&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;span class=&quot;forum-bbcode-font-size-9&quot; style=&quot;line-height: normal&quot;&gt;May 14, 2013&lt;/span&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
I chose this because I was big on it upon release. I was 14, nonetheless. Having formed a distinguished sound by adding afro and caribbean elements to already exuberant indie pop, Vampire Weekend took a significant step forward in maturity with this, their third album. Though the lyricism on their previous projects has displayed Ezra Koenig's well-practiced writing (he was an english teacher, after all) and potential for ingenuity, they don't have the heft and genuine conflict that he brings onto this project. His inner struggle to believe in a God that seems to avoid reciprocity is often reflected throughout the album (Koenig is Jewish, for those who are unaware). I find &lt;span style=&quot;font-style: italic&quot;&gt;Ya Hey&lt;/span&gt; (a homophone for Yahweh) to be the most intriguing song on the project, easily being the most genuine of them all. Somewhat blasphemous in stance, Koenig directly asks God the questions many have in mind but are afraid to voice. Sonically the band reaches new frontiers as well. &lt;span style=&quot;font-style: italic&quot;&gt;Hudson&lt;/span&gt; may be the most ominous and gloomy song that the band has ever recorded, while &lt;span style=&quot;font-style: italic&quot;&gt;Obvious Bicycle&lt;/span&gt; and &lt;span style=&quot;font-style: italic&quot;&gt;Young Lion&lt;/span&gt; both see a mellower approach to their sound. These are okay, and most of the more vigorous tracks are good as well, but I find that there are moments of excess when the band really gets going, such as the harpsichord-heavy chorus of &lt;span style=&quot;font-style: italic&quot;&gt;Don't Lie&lt;/span&gt; and &lt;span style=&quot;font-style: italic&quot;&gt;Finger Back&lt;/span&gt;. These are small nuisances nonetheless and the album in general offers more substance than their previous work. Oh, and &lt;span style=&quot;font-style: italic&quot;&gt;Step&lt;/span&gt; is great.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;span style=&quot;font-weight: bold&quot;&gt;Rating: &lt;span style=&quot;color: green&quot;&gt;67&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/span&gt;/100</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=568034#568034</comments>
                            <dc:creator>RadioBallet</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Sat, 23 Nov 2019 23:18:33 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=568034#568034</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>2012</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=567996#567996</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=48034'&gt;RadioBallet&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 11/23/2019 19:20&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;div class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;    &lt;img src=&quot;https://albumart.besteveralbums.com/albumart/album_large_31103_571398d69d9a3.jpg&quot; class=&quot;postimg&quot; style=&quot;cursor:pointer;&quot; height=&quot;250&quot; onclick=&quot;window.open('https://albumart.besteveralbums.com/albumart/album_large_31103_571398d69d9a3.jpg','imgpop','width=500,height=500,status=no,toolbar=no,menubar=no');return false&quot; /&gt;    &lt;span class=&quot;hidden-md hidden-lg&quot;&gt;&lt;small&gt;&lt;br&gt;&lt;i&gt;Thumbnail. Click to enlarge.&lt;/i&gt;&lt;/small&gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/div&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;a href=&quot;https://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?a=31103&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot; rel=&quot;nofollow&quot; class=&quot;nav2&quot;&gt;Good Kid, M.A.A.D City by Kendrick Lamar&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;span class=&quot;forum-bbcode-font-size-9&quot; style=&quot;line-height: normal&quot;&gt;October 22, 2012 // Conscious Hip Hop&lt;/span&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Having already displayed his superior ability for social commentary with &lt;span style=&quot;font-style: italic&quot;&gt;Section.80&lt;/span&gt;, Kendrick sets to do so once more by telling his own story rather than those of others on &lt;span style=&quot;font-style: italic&quot;&gt;good kid, m.A.A.d city&lt;/span&gt;. Aided by cinematic and eerily well done skits between tracks, Kendrick takes us through his teenage years, getting involved in gang activity. Though he never states the fact, the situation he was in is inferred to be something normal in the place he grew up in, though his story differs by his blossoming after enduring all the difficulties he did. Ambitious as this project is, nearly every track is worth a mention on their own, always playing a part or scene in the cumulative of the narrative. &lt;span style=&quot;font-style: italic&quot;&gt;Sing About Me, I'm Dying of Thirst&lt;/span&gt; is a fitting resolution to the conflict Kendrick faces, finding no other way to escape but through God. &lt;span style=&quot;font-style: italic&quot;&gt;m.A.A.d city&lt;/span&gt; and &lt;span style=&quot;font-style: italic&quot;&gt;The Art of Peer Pressure&lt;/span&gt; are each immersive experiences that shed light on crime and the involvement in such. Perhaps the last two tracks, while they are still important, lack the hooks and ambition of the tracks preceding them, though this hardly draws away from the experience of the album as a whole. &lt;span style=&quot;font-style: italic&quot;&gt;good kid, m.A.A.d city&lt;/span&gt; is easily one of the most cohesive, entertaining and outspoken (though never preachy) hip hop albums of all time.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;span style=&quot;font-weight: bold&quot;&gt;Rating: &lt;span style=&quot;color: green&quot;&gt;96&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/span&gt;/100</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=567996#567996</comments>
                            <dc:creator>RadioBallet</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Sat, 23 Nov 2019 14:20:50 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=567996#567996</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>2012</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=567991#567991</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=48034'&gt;RadioBallet&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 11/23/2019 17:16&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;div class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;    &lt;img src=&quot;https://albumart.besteveralbums.com/albumart/album_large_30179_5469c8257c69f.jpg&quot; class=&quot;postimg&quot; style=&quot;cursor:pointer;&quot; height=&quot;250&quot; onclick=&quot;window.open('https://albumart.besteveralbums.com/albumart/album_large_30179_5469c8257c69f.jpg','imgpop','width=500,height=500,status=no,toolbar=no,menubar=no');return false&quot; /&gt;    &lt;span class=&quot;hidden-md hidden-lg&quot;&gt;&lt;small&gt;&lt;br&gt;&lt;i&gt;Thumbnail. Click to enlarge.&lt;/i&gt;&lt;/small&gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/div&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;a href=&quot;https://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?a=30179&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot; rel=&quot;nofollow&quot; class=&quot;nav2&quot;&gt;Lonerism by Tame Impala&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;span class=&quot;forum-bbcode-font-size-9&quot; style=&quot;line-height: normal&quot;&gt;October 5, 2012 // Psychedelic Rock&lt;/span&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Kevin Parker's second project builds on the foundation of the first to create a work that is greatly cohesive and meaningful. Everything about this album, from its cover, to the lyrics and even the production, work together towards its general theme of loneliness and introversion. The protagonist (surely Kevin himself) escapes to his daydreams to run away from the loneliness and isolation that picks at his heart. The instrumental sections, often blasted in reverb, volume and psychedelic goodness symbolize this and invite the listener to come along. The second last track offers a beautiful climax to the journey in that short spoken passage. I wouldn't say every track here is great though they are of much higher quality than those on the debut album. The whole album feels very genuine, even if it has some flaws.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;span style=&quot;font-weight: bold&quot;&gt;Rating: &lt;span style=&quot;color: green&quot;&gt;76&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/span&gt;/100</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=567991#567991</comments>
                            <dc:creator>RadioBallet</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Sat, 23 Nov 2019 12:16:40 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=567991#567991</guid>
                          </item></channel></rss>