<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<rss version="2.0" xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/">
<channel>
  <title>Best Ever Albums</title>
  <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/index.php</link>
  <description>&quot;I get by with a little help from my friends&quot; - The Beatles</description>
  <language>en</language>
  <ttl>1</ttl>
<item>
                            <title>Re: Film General</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=618323#618323</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=21620'&gt;AgainstMeAgainstYou&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 03/22/2021 16:26&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          I finally braved a rewatch for the first time in years - I've ALWAYS championed the film; I never experienced the 1980 2h20 bastardization until I deliberately seeked it out, so I kinda got the &quot;proper&quot; experience from the jump, but I was afraid I'd suddenly turn against it if I watched it again - and I am pleased to report that Heaven's Gate is an utter masterpiece. I seriously don't know between it and The Deer Hunter which one I like more. They're probably separated by about 5 spots on my overall ranking.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=618323#618323</comments>
                            <dc:creator>AgainstMeAgainstYou</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Mon, 22 Mar 2021 12:26:38 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=618323#618323</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Film General</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=618262#618262</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=29810'&gt;Skinny&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 03/21/2021 20:02&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Anyone see the new Julien Temple-directed Shane MacGowan documentary? Loved it.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=618262#618262</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Skinny</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Sun, 21 Mar 2021 16:02:52 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=618262#618262</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Film General</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=610102#610102</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=29810'&gt;Skinny&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 01/06/2021 00:06&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;KitchenSink wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;Applerill wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;So...... &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Are we still thinking of doing the short films tourney?&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
how about best users named after short films tourney ;)&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
'Best users named after characters played by Ludacris' tournament, anyone?</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=610102#610102</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Skinny</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Tue, 5 Jan 2021 19:06:54 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=610102#610102</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Film General</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=610097#610097</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=49964'&gt;KitchenSink&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 01/05/2021 23:45&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;Applerill wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;So...... &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Are we still thinking of doing the short films tourney?&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
how about best users named after short films tourney &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;Wink&quot;&gt;😉&lt;/span&gt;</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=610097#610097</comments>
                            <dc:creator>KitchenSink</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Tue, 5 Jan 2021 18:45:06 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=610097#610097</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Film General</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=610003#610003</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=16394'&gt;Applerill&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 01/05/2021 06:32&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          So...... &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Are we still thinking of doing the short films tourney?</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=610003#610003</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Applerill</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Tue, 5 Jan 2021 01:32:22 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=610003#610003</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Film General</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=608839#608839</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=18698'&gt;Hayden&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 12/25/2020 03:38&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;AgainstMeAgainstYou wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;I can't go really into any level of detail, except to say that &lt;span style=&quot;font-style: italic&quot;&gt;Soul&lt;/span&gt; is probably the greatest Pixar film, and everyone should set aside the 100 minutes tomorrow to watch it with their household.&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Looking forward to it. Was looking forward to it since... like, before this time last year. Glad they figured out a release for it.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Also, speaking of 2020 animated films, Wolfwalkers is &lt;span style=&quot;font-style: italic&quot;&gt;excellent&lt;/span&gt;. Hoping people give it a watch.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=608839#608839</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Hayden</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Thu, 24 Dec 2020 22:38:34 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=608839#608839</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Film General</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=608831#608831</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=21620'&gt;AgainstMeAgainstYou&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 12/25/2020 00:13&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          I can't go really into any level of detail, except to say that &lt;span style=&quot;font-style: italic&quot;&gt;Soul&lt;/span&gt; is probably the greatest Pixar film, and everyone should set aside the 100 minutes tomorrow to watch it with their household.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=608831#608831</comments>
                            <dc:creator>AgainstMeAgainstYou</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Thu, 24 Dec 2020 19:13:41 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=608831#608831</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Film General</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=608283#608283</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=49964'&gt;KitchenSink&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 12/19/2020 04:08&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;Muslim-Bigfoot wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;Rec me some good feel-good movies folks. The stress is on &quot;good&quot;, because if it's shit, I won't be able to watch and how can I feel good if I can't watch it?&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
might be a bit of an obvious choice but have you seen Wings of Desire?</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=608283#608283</comments>
                            <dc:creator>KitchenSink</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Fri, 18 Dec 2020 23:08:10 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=608283#608283</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Film General</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=608092#608092</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=18698'&gt;Hayden&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 12/16/2020 16:07&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;Spyglass wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;Does anyone have any news about when &lt;span style=&quot;font-style: italic&quot;&gt;Another Round&lt;/span&gt; will be available for American streaming?  I can't find anything, but maybe someone else found something.&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
I was wrong.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Tis out.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=608092#608092</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Hayden</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Wed, 16 Dec 2020 11:07:58 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=608092#608092</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Film General</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=607703#607703</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=17748'&gt;19loveless91&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 12/12/2020 12:13&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Maybe it's not what you're looking for, but your other post reminded me of a Norwegian film called Out of Nature (Mot Naturen). Not sure I'd call it feel-good, but it's about as lighthearted as an existential comedy about a guy in his 30s can be.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=607703#607703</comments>
                            <dc:creator>19loveless91</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Sat, 12 Dec 2020 07:13:03 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=607703#607703</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Film General</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=607678#607678</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=30628'&gt;Muslim-Bigfoot&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 12/12/2020 02:11&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Rec me some good feel-good movies folks. The stress is on &quot;good&quot;, because if it's shit, I won't be able to watch and how can I feel good if I can't watch it?</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=607678#607678</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Muslim-Bigfoot</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Fri, 11 Dec 2020 21:11:27 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=607678#607678</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Film General</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=607673#607673</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=16394'&gt;Applerill&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 12/12/2020 01:54&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          I really love Spring Summer Fall Winter and Spring &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;Sad&quot;&gt;🙁&lt;/span&gt; &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
I haven’t seen any of the rest of his filmography though,&lt;br /&gt;
for obvious reasons.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=607673#607673</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Applerill</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Fri, 11 Dec 2020 20:54:01 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=607673#607673</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Film General</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=607634#607634</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=52227'&gt;PossiblyMichigan&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 12/11/2020 18:13&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;Hayden wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;Shit...&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Kim Ki-Duk died of COVID. Word is it came out of nowhere while he was buying a beach house in Latvia. Utter shame.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
RIP.&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
I mean RIP but also the dude left the country because he had so many assault accusations he couldn't make a film anymore. I like 3-Iron as much as the next guy but most of his films are borderline fascist.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=607634#607634</comments>
                            <dc:creator>PossiblyMichigan</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Fri, 11 Dec 2020 13:13:30 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=607634#607634</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Film General</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=607627#607627</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=18698'&gt;Hayden&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 12/11/2020 17:01&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Shit...&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Kim Ki-Duk died of COVID. Word is it came out of nowhere while he was buying a beach house in Latvia. Utter shame.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
RIP.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=607627#607627</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Hayden</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Fri, 11 Dec 2020 12:01:28 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=607627#607627</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Film General</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=606960#606960</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=18698'&gt;Hayden&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 12/06/2020 02:33&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Film's going in the queue Ledzep  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;Razz&quot;&gt;😜&lt;/span&gt; &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Spotted it on Letterboxd too.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=606960#606960</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Hayden</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Sat, 5 Dec 2020 21:33:15 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=606960#606960</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Film General</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=605792#605792</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=19428'&gt;RoundTheBend&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 11/24/2020 05:36&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;LedZep wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;A guy I know from high school made a full-length movie last year. He’s what, like, 21-22? It’s a completely indie movie, all of the actors and crew were working for free, all of the equipment was borrowed or gifted and they raised ~2000 bucks via Indiegogo, which they spent on sandwiches and renting a club and a tram for the movie. And now it’s online, and can be watched &lt;a href=&quot;https://vimeo.com/474775825&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot; rel=&quot;nofollow&quot; class=&quot;nav2&quot;&gt;for free&lt;/a&gt; (password is ZGEKV2020) if anyone’s interested.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
It’s called &lt;span style=&quot;font-style: italic&quot;&gt;Zagreb Equinox&lt;/span&gt; and it’s about the (alternative, punk etc) night life in Zagreb. Several friends are trying to organize a party in an abandoned flat, some of them need to buy booze, some need to find a dealer and get weed and then various problems arise.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
There’s a lot of jokes which you’ll probably miss if you don’t live in Zagreb and have been to the places mentioned in the movie, but it’s still a lot of fun. They even managed to recruit a few actual, established and respected Croatian actors (the crazy neighbor and the policeman) as well as some alternative and rap musicians (Miki Solus, High5) for free. Anyways it’s not a masterpiece by any means, but considering the budget and the age/experience of the people involved (none of the people involved, including the main guy had any prior experience with the process of moviemaking, excluding a few crew members and those mentioned actors), it turned out fine. Shaky dialogue and acting at parts is the only real issue imo, while the camerawork, editing and montage are way better than expected.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
If any of this sounds interesting, give it a try. It’s a fun, watchable 1.5 hour movie with Eng subs (which aren’t perfect but whatever).&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Pretty cool!</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=605792#605792</comments>
                            <dc:creator>RoundTheBend</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Tue, 24 Nov 2020 00:36:23 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=605792#605792</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Film General</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=605746#605746</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=31262'&gt;LedZep&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 11/23/2020 14:15&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;19loveless91 wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;Yeah, some clunkiness for sure, but if it was really their first acting job, it's way better than it should be. I saw that the three girls are actually named Lena, Luna, and Lana, but one of them was renamed Maša for the film. What a shame.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Well Luzerka is on vimeo, but it's not free (5€). There are torrents of it around (at least on partis.si, probably elsewhere too). It's a movie that hits close to home, but I couldn't recommend to most non-Slovene people, because I assume what it depicts is just too alien for most, but maybe as a Croatian it will feel more familiar to you?&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
That's a missed opportunity haha. Also, Marko (the drunk guy at the party) is one of my good friends, it's funny seeing him in that role. As is a lot of other people I know.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Just found it on Vimeo, don't mind paying 5€ for it if it's good. I'll probably watch it during the holidays. Hope that I'll understand the context. I guess I should. And thanks for the rec  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;Very Happy&quot;&gt;😁&lt;/span&gt;</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=605746#605746</comments>
                            <dc:creator>LedZep</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Mon, 23 Nov 2020 09:15:30 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=605746#605746</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Film General</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=605742#605742</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=17748'&gt;19loveless91&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 11/23/2020 13:13&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;LedZep wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
Glad you liked it! I think the weed drought was a thing in 2015 or so, but don't take my word on it. The movie just used this idea for plot purposes I think. Yeah, the acting is decent, but there are moments like that tram scene when the actors were out of their depth imo. Still better than most Croatian TV shows I've seen, and on par with an average movie. Same goes for the plot.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
I've heard about Ne bom več luzerka before, is there any way to watch the movie online? Cause from what I remember it wasn't in the theatres here in 2018/19, so I never got the chance to watch it.&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
Yeah, some clunkiness for sure, but if it was really their first acting job, it's way better than it should be. I saw that the three girls are actually named Lena, Luna, and Lana, but one of them was renamed Maša for the film. What a shame.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Well Luzerka is on vimeo, but it's not free (5€). There are torrents of it around (at least on partis.si, probably elsewhere too). It's a movie that hits close to home, but I couldn't recommend to most non-Slovene people, because I assume what it depicts is just too alien for most, but maybe as a Croatian it will feel more familiar to you?</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=605742#605742</comments>
                            <dc:creator>19loveless91</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Mon, 23 Nov 2020 08:13:14 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=605742#605742</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Film General</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=605737#605737</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=31262'&gt;LedZep&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 11/23/2020 11:28&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;19loveless91 wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;Cheers, I did actually watch it. And it was way better than what I expected based on what you wrote. Acting in particular wasn't any worse than in, say, your average slovenian film, the dialogue felt pretty natural for the most part. Some decisions (plotwise, editing wise) did feel less clever to me than what the director probably felt about them. But ok.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
I was mostly curious because I felt that lives of Zagreb late teens/early twentysomethings are probably similar to their Ljubljana peers, and I wanted to see how familiar it feels (the answer, quite a bit, apart from the weed drought - is/was this really such a thing there?). It is a bit like a document of the Zagreb nightlife, happy to have been in the city at least those few times to know (and in some cases get drunk at) most of these places.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
So I'm awaiting a Ljubljana counterpart. Sure there's Ne bom več luzerka, which is pretty great btw, but the point there is still a bit different.&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
Glad you liked it! I think the weed drought was a thing in 2015 or so, but don't take my word on it. The movie just used this idea for plot purposes I think. Yeah, the acting is decent, but there are moments like that tram scene when the actors were out of their depth imo. Still better than most Croatian TV shows I've seen, and on par with an average movie. Same goes for the plot.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
I've heard about Ne bom več luzerka before, is there any way to watch the movie online? Cause from what I remember it wasn't in the theatres here in 2018/19, so I never got the chance to watch it.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=605737#605737</comments>
                            <dc:creator>LedZep</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Mon, 23 Nov 2020 06:28:15 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=605737#605737</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Film General</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=605712#605712</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=17748'&gt;19loveless91&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 11/23/2020 01:23&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;LedZep wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;A guy I know from high school made a full-length movie last year. He’s what, like, 21-22? It’s a completely indie movie, all of the actors and crew were working for free, all of the equipment was borrowed or gifted and they raised ~2000 bucks via Indiegogo, which they spent on sandwiches and renting a club and a tram for the movie. And now it’s online, and can be watched &lt;a href=&quot;https://vimeo.com/474775825&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot; rel=&quot;nofollow&quot; class=&quot;nav2&quot;&gt;for free&lt;/a&gt; (password is ZGEKV2020) if anyone’s interested.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
It’s called &lt;span style=&quot;font-style: italic&quot;&gt;Zagreb Equinox&lt;/span&gt; and it’s about the (alternative, punk etc) night life in Zagreb. Several friends are trying to organize a party in an abandoned flat, some of them need to buy booze, some need to find a dealer and get weed and then various problems arise.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
There’s a lot of jokes which you’ll probably miss if you don’t live in Zagreb and have been to the places mentioned in the movie, but it’s still a lot of fun. They even managed to recruit a few actual, established and respected Croatian actors (the crazy neighbor and the policeman) as well as some alternative and rap musicians (Miki Solus, High5) for free. Anyways it’s not a masterpiece by any means, but considering the budget and the age/experience of the people involved (none of the people involved, including the main guy had any prior experience with the process of moviemaking, excluding a few crew members and those mentioned actors), it turned out fine. Shaky dialogue and acting at parts is the only real issue imo, while the camerawork, editing and montage are way better than expected.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
If any of this sounds interesting, give it a try. It’s a fun, watchable 1.5 hour movie with Eng subs (which aren’t perfect but whatever).&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Cheers, I did actually watch it. And it was way better than what I expected based on what you wrote. Acting in particular wasn't any worse than in, say, your average slovenian film, the dialogue felt pretty natural for the most part. Some decisions (plotwise, editing wise) did feel less clever to me than what the director probably felt about them. But ok.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
I was mostly curious because I felt that lives of Zagreb late teens/early twentysomethings are probably similar to their Ljubljana peers, and I wanted to see how familiar it feels (the answer, quite a bit, apart from the weed drought - is/was this really such a thing there?). It is a bit like a document of the Zagreb nightlife, happy to have been in the city at least those few times to know (and in some cases get drunk at) most of these places.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
So I'm awaiting a Ljubljana counterpart. Sure there's Ne bom več luzerka, which is pretty great btw, but the point there is still a bit different.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=605712#605712</comments>
                            <dc:creator>19loveless91</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Sun, 22 Nov 2020 20:23:19 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=605712#605712</guid>
                          </item></channel></rss>