<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<rss version="2.0" xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/">
<channel>
  <title>Best Ever Albums</title>
  <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/index.php</link>
  <description>&quot;I get by with a little help from my friends&quot; - The Beatles</description>
  <language>en</language>
  <ttl>1</ttl>
<item>
                            <title>Re: Best Films of The 70s (V2) [List]</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=686394#686394</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=26195'&gt;EyeKanFly&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 09/27/2023 16:16&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;Hayden wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;With the amount of shareable 50+ year-old short films available online for free, &lt;span style=&quot;font-weight: bold&quot;&gt;the thread could even turn into a little bit of a festival&lt;/span&gt;. Looking at my Letterboxd, I have at least a dozen I'd like to rec the forum.&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
That'd be awesome, love that idea! I've got a lot to watch, but I know my 60s list will be more robust than my 70s, purely because of how more readily available 60s movies are than 70s.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=686394#686394</comments>
                            <dc:creator>EyeKanFly</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Wed, 27 Sep 2023 12:16:28 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=686394#686394</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Best Films of The 70s (V2) [List]</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=686391#686391</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=27018'&gt;mickilennial&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 09/27/2023 15:21&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;Hayden wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;Our 60s poll will open on &lt;span style=&quot;font-weight: bold&quot;&gt;October 8th&lt;/span&gt;, with a first-time subcategory for short films (max submission of 25, final list of 10).&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
(Will work out the kinks later)— could actually be very exciting. With the amount of shareable 50+ year-old short films available online for free, the thread could even turn into a little bit of a festival. Looking at my Letterboxd, I have at least a dozen I'd like to rec the forum.&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;a href=&quot;https://boxd.it/pnMHa$r3wHuvN08ktN4HuQ&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot; rel=&quot;nofollow&quot; class=&quot;nav2&quot;&gt;bet&lt;/a&gt;.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=686391#686391</comments>
                            <dc:creator>mickilennial</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Wed, 27 Sep 2023 11:21:19 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=686391#686391</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Best Films of The 70s (V2) [List]</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=686367#686367</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=30183'&gt;CA Dreamin&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 09/27/2023 02:18&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;Hayden wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;Our 60s poll will open on &lt;span style=&quot;font-weight: bold&quot;&gt;October 8th&lt;/span&gt;, with a first-time subcategory for short films (max submission of 25, final list of 10).&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
(Will work out the kinks later)— could actually be very exciting. With the amount of shareable 50+ year-old short films available online for free, the thread could even turn into a little bit of a festival. Looking at my Letterboxd, I have at least a dozen I'd like to rec the forum.&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;Yay. Having just participated in a 60s poll, I feel decent on the features section, but I'm woefully behind on shorts. That'll be fun! (and yes there are kinks to work out come October 8th)&lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;MadhattanJack wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;Olli wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;i don't want a new thread, but i see here older threads, last Poll 2017 here and a list, named as:. Best Ever Early Cinema (Pre-1930)  :o&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;Ahh, that's what I get for not having been on BEA since it's inception (or at least much earlier than I was). I should have guessed that &lt;a href=&quot;https://www.besteveralbums.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=15549&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot; rel=&quot;nofollow&quot; class=&quot;nav2&quot;&gt;this had already&lt;/a&gt; &lt;a href=&quot;https://www.besteveralbums.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=15653&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot; rel=&quot;nofollow&quot; class=&quot;nav2&quot;&gt;been done&lt;/a&gt;, or at least looked it up before making assumptions.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Some good lists in there too, by the way!  :D&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;I assume we'll eventually get to a V2 of the 20s/Silent Era. A new thread will come along in due time. As for the old ones, BEA automatically inactivates threads that have been dormant for a while. However, if you wanted to post there again, I think a moderator can re-activate them. If not, AM could do it. Either way, it's doable by sending a PM (and I'm all for talking 1920s).</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=686367#686367</comments>
                            <dc:creator>CA Dreamin</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Tue, 26 Sep 2023 22:18:46 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=686367#686367</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Best Films of The 70s (V2) [List]</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=686361#686361</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=18698'&gt;Hayden&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 09/26/2023 23:13&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Our 60s poll will open on &lt;span style=&quot;font-weight: bold&quot;&gt;October 8th&lt;/span&gt;, with a first-time subcategory for short films (max submission of 25, final list of 10).&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
(Will work out the kinks later)— could actually be very exciting. With the amount of shareable 50+ year-old short films available online for free, the thread could even turn into a little bit of a festival. Looking at my Letterboxd, I have at least a dozen I'd like to rec the forum.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=686361#686361</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Hayden</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Tue, 26 Sep 2023 19:13:43 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=686361#686361</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Best Films of The 70s (V2) [List]</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=686358#686358</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=54214'&gt;MadhattanJack&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 09/26/2023 22:42&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;Olli wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;i don't want a new thread, but i see here older threads, last Poll 2017 here and a list, named as:. Best Ever Early Cinema (Pre-1930)  :o&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Ahh, that's what I get for not having been on BEA since it's inception (or at least much earlier than I was). I should have guessed that &lt;a href=&quot;https://www.besteveralbums.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=15549&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot; rel=&quot;nofollow&quot; class=&quot;nav2&quot;&gt;this had already&lt;/a&gt; &lt;a href=&quot;https://www.besteveralbums.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=15653&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot; rel=&quot;nofollow&quot; class=&quot;nav2&quot;&gt;been done&lt;/a&gt;, or at least looked it up before making assumptions.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Some good lists in there too, by the way!  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;Very Happy&quot;&gt;😁&lt;/span&gt;</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=686358#686358</comments>
                            <dc:creator>MadhattanJack</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Tue, 26 Sep 2023 18:42:33 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=686358#686358</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Best Films of The 70s (V2) [List]</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=686355#686355</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=42244'&gt;Olli&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 09/26/2023 21:42&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          i don't want a new thread, but i see here older threads, last Poll 2017 here and a list, named as:. Best Ever Early Cinema (Pre-1930)  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;Surprised&quot;&gt;😮&lt;/span&gt;</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=686355#686355</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Olli</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Tue, 26 Sep 2023 17:42:56 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=686355#686355</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Best Films of The 70s (V2) [List]</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=686296#686296</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=54214'&gt;MadhattanJack&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 09/26/2023 01:32&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;Olli wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;I want a poll for films only 1920s&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
see my list for this time &lt;a href=&quot;https://letterboxd.com/machtraum/list/my-top-100-of-the-1920s/&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot; rel=&quot;nofollow&quot;&gt;https://letterboxd.com/machtraum/list/my-top-100-of-the-1920s/&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
We could always start a new thread, though...? Even if we have an informal &quot;one organized movie-decade poll at a time&quot; rule, that shouldn't prevent us from having a forum thread for 1920's silent movies (or in more practical terms, silents in general).&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Your list looks a lot like what mine would probably look like, except that I haven't seen at least half of them.  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;Neutral&quot;&gt;😐&lt;/span&gt;</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=686296#686296</comments>
                            <dc:creator>MadhattanJack</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Mon, 25 Sep 2023 21:32:35 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=686296#686296</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Best Films of The 70s (V2) [List]</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=686286#686286</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=42244'&gt;Olli&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 09/25/2023 20:05&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          I want a poll for films only 1920s&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
see my list for this time &lt;a href=&quot;https://letterboxd.com/machtraum/list/my-top-100-of-the-1920s/&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot; rel=&quot;nofollow&quot;&gt;https://letterboxd.com/machtraum/list/my-top-100-of-the-1920s/&lt;/a&gt;</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=686286#686286</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Olli</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Mon, 25 Sep 2023 16:05:12 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=686286#686286</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Best Films of The 70s (V2) [List]</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=686273#686273</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=30183'&gt;CA Dreamin&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 09/25/2023 17:23&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;cestuneblague wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;For the 60s it would also do good to have a complimentary Best Short Film category&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;That's a neat idea. We'd have to go over a few rules and guidelines once the thread starts up.&lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;Hayden wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;After being crowned the best film of all time, I was curious as to how Jeanne Dielman, 23 quai du Commerce, 1080 Bruxelles would rank. I think it landed where it deserved.&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;Well, best film according to Sight and Sound critics. The directors chose the superior 2001. But anyway, yeah Jeanne Dielman was buzzing within film circles last December. A surprise #1 that polarized movie buffs. As I said on &lt;a href=&quot;https://www.besteveralbums.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=25922&amp;postdays=0&amp;postorder=asc&amp;start=40&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot; rel=&quot;nofollow&quot; class=&quot;nav2&quot;&gt;the last page of the Sight and Sound thread&lt;/a&gt;, I think Jeanne Dielman a very unique film that deserves a special place in cinema history. I also think it's great from a theoretical point of view, as it achieves what it set out to do. However, I think naming it the best film ever made is a stretch. But hey, I had never heard of Jeanne Dielman before Dec-2022, so its #1 critics placement brought it to my attention, got me to watch it, and it landed on the lower half of my list. While I disagree with its #1 SnS rank, I won't join the chorus of haters who now believe SnS has discredited itself. If SnS critics put JD at #1 again in 2032, well...I would take issue with that.&lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;Brigand99 wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;For me, I would need to have been familiar with a movie for years and years before I felt I had a good judgment of it. I would never put a movie which I just discovered, and only seen once, onto a list of best or favorite movies. There's a lot of movies that we like when we first see them, but when you see it again later you might not think as highly of it. Or it could work the other way around. In the last poll, I enjoyed seeing movies that people mentioned that I I've never seen before, but I wouldn't put it on my list because it hasn't been a long enough time to know what I might think of it a month from now. You know what I mean? That's why I felt like I could submit a list right away for this poll. Because they're all movies that I've known for a long time.&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;Yeah I know what you mean. All good.&lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;mickilennial wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;I mean you guys have told me my lists when posted early are better by the spirit of giving you some films to prioritize on watching  :P&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;Ha, true.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=686273#686273</comments>
                            <dc:creator>CA Dreamin</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Mon, 25 Sep 2023 13:23:44 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=686273#686273</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Best Films of The 70s (V2) [List]</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=686271#686271</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=27018'&gt;mickilennial&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 09/25/2023 16:49&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;CA Dreamin wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;Ya know, the point/spirit of these polls is to use the time while they're open to discover new movies, and revisit/reevaluate old favorites. Posting a list as soon as a poll opens is one thing. But posting a list &lt;span style=&quot;font-style: italic&quot;&gt;before&lt;/span&gt; a poll opens in an unrelated thread is another. That's a new one. Hayden, patience is wearing thin, you might want to start the 60s thread, before this turns into the 60s thread  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;Laughing&quot;&gt;🤣&lt;/span&gt; .&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Uh, yeah our 70s list is pretty good, isn't it? I thought for sure Taxi Driver would take #1, but I prefer Apocalypse Now.&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
I mean you guys have told me my lists when posted early are better by the spirit of giving you some films to prioritize on watching  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;Razz&quot;&gt;😜&lt;/span&gt;</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=686271#686271</comments>
                            <dc:creator>mickilennial</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Mon, 25 Sep 2023 12:49:14 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=686271#686271</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Best Films of The 70s (V2) [List]</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=686239#686239</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=57857'&gt;Brigand99&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 09/25/2023 01:09&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;CA Dreamin wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;Ya know, the point/spirit of these polls is to use the time while they're open to discover new movies, and revisit/reevaluate old favorites. Posting a list as soon as a poll opens is one thing. But posting a list &lt;span style=&quot;font-style: italic&quot;&gt;before&lt;/span&gt; a poll opens in an unrelated thread is another. That's a new one. Hayden, patience is wearing thin, you might want to start the 60s thread, before this turns into the 60s thread  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;Laughing&quot;&gt;🤣&lt;/span&gt; .&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Uh, yeah our 70s list is pretty good, isn't it? I thought for sure Taxi Driver would take #1, but I prefer Apocalypse Now.&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
For me, I would need to have been familiar with a movie for years and years before I felt I had a good judgment of it. I would never put a movie which I just discovered, and only seen once, onto a list of best or favorite movies. There's a lot of movies that we like when we first see them, but when you see it again later you might not think as highly of it. Or it could work the other way around. In the last poll, I enjoyed seeing movies that people mentioned that I I've never seen before, but I wouldn't put it on my list because it hasn't been a long enough time to know what I might think of it a month from now. You know what I mean? That's why I felt like I could submit a list right away for this poll. Because they're all movies that I've known for a long time.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=686239#686239</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Brigand99</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Sun, 24 Sep 2023 21:09:18 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=686239#686239</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Best Films of The 70s (V2) [List]</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=686238#686238</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=18698'&gt;Hayden&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 09/25/2023 01:04&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;cestuneblague wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;Yeah I'm all for taking a breather before the next poll, but looking forward regardless. For the 60s it would also do good to have a complimentary Best Short Film category&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
 &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;Think&quot;&gt;🤔&lt;/span&gt; &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Hmmm....&lt;br /&gt;
Well, what are we thinking? An additional sub-category for top 10 shorts or something? &lt;br /&gt;
I'll admit, it'd be neat, but we've never done it before— could enter new BEA territory  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;Razz&quot;&gt;😜&lt;/span&gt; &lt;br /&gt;
Anything under 40 minutes?&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Wouldn't be in lieu of the soundtrack category— we'd do both. We are BEA afterall  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;Mr. Green&quot;&gt;😁&lt;/span&gt;</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=686238#686238</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Hayden</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Sun, 24 Sep 2023 21:04:45 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=686238#686238</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Best Films of The 70s (V2) [List]</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=686237#686237</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=35882'&gt;cestuneblague&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 09/25/2023 00:32&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Yeah I'm all for taking a breather before the next poll, but looking forward regardless. For the 60s it would also do good to have a complimentary Best Short Film category</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=686237#686237</comments>
                            <dc:creator>cestuneblague</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Sun, 24 Sep 2023 20:32:17 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=686237#686237</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Best Films of The 70s (V2) [List]</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=686235#686235</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=18698'&gt;Hayden&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 09/25/2023 00:03&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;CA Dreamin wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;Uh, yeah our 70s list is pretty good, isn't it? I thought for sure Taxi Driver would take #1, but I prefer Apocalypse Now.&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
I actually wasn't sure what would end up on top... like I said, had the poll closed when it was supposed to, A Clockwork Orange had that glory. There was even a very small smidge (sometime in July) where A Clockwork Orange and Apocalypse Now were tied at #1, which was kinda insane. Stalker was even #1 for a while. (I think the only film in our top 5 that was never at #1 was oddly our #2, One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest). &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
After being crowned the best film of all time, I was curious as to how Jeanne Dielman, 23 quai du Commerce, 1080 Bruxelles would rank. I think it landed where it deserved.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
And thanks Brigand99  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;Razz&quot;&gt;😜&lt;/span&gt; — it'll be tallied in time. Like I said, think it's looking like an October start. There's a few entries on your list I need to personally get around to watching... I think people might be surprised to hear I've never seen The Birds, In Cold Blood or Doctor Zhivago.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=686235#686235</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Hayden</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Sun, 24 Sep 2023 20:03:03 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=686235#686235</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Best Films of The 70s (V2) [List]</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=686234#686234</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=30183'&gt;CA Dreamin&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 09/24/2023 23:24&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Ya know, the point/spirit of these polls is to use the time while they're open to discover new movies, and revisit/reevaluate old favorites. Posting a list as soon as a poll opens is one thing. But posting a list &lt;span style=&quot;font-style: italic&quot;&gt;before&lt;/span&gt; a poll opens in an unrelated thread is another. That's a new one. Hayden, patience is wearing thin, you might want to start the 60s thread, before this turns into the 60s thread  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;Laughing&quot;&gt;🤣&lt;/span&gt; .&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Uh, yeah our 70s list is pretty good, isn't it? I thought for sure Taxi Driver would take #1, but I prefer Apocalypse Now.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=686234#686234</comments>
                            <dc:creator>CA Dreamin</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Sun, 24 Sep 2023 19:24:30 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=686234#686234</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Best Films of The 70s (V2) [List]</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=686228#686228</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=57857'&gt;Brigand99&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 09/24/2023 21:49&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          I'm not at all trying to hurry you or anything, but I got a list ready too.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;a href=&quot;https://letterboxd.com/pascal58/list/best-of-60s/&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot; rel=&quot;nofollow&quot;&gt;https://letterboxd.com/pascal58/list/best-of-60s/&lt;/a&gt;</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=686228#686228</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Brigand99</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Sun, 24 Sep 2023 17:49:45 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=686228#686228</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Best Films of The 70s (V2) [List]</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=686225#686225</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=18698'&gt;Hayden&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 09/24/2023 21:29&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;CA Dreamin wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;Users are posting lists before the poll even begins...Hayden, it sounds like the group really wants to start this now &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;Laughing&quot;&gt;🤣&lt;/span&gt; .&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;div class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;    &lt;img src=&quot;https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/3b/Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_statue.jpg&quot; class=&quot;postimg&quot; style=&quot;cursor:pointer;&quot; width=&quot;500&quot; onclick=&quot;window.open('https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/3b/Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_statue.jpg','imgpop','width=1024,height=683,status=no,toolbar=no,menubar=no');return false&quot; /&gt;    &lt;span class=&quot;hidden-md hidden-lg&quot;&gt;&lt;small&gt;&lt;br&gt;&lt;i&gt;Thumbnail. Click to enlarge.&lt;/i&gt;&lt;/small&gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/div&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
I'll... consider October  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;Laughing&quot;&gt;🤣&lt;/span&gt; &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
No harm in people getting prepped though. Charli still has 50 more films to add to that list  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;Wink&quot;&gt;😉&lt;/span&gt; (being said, Man Is Not a Bird looks right up my alley... never heard of it before).&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
I'll go think of some ideas for the banner  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;Rolling Eyes&quot;&gt;🙄&lt;/span&gt; — and make a list of films I want to get around to watching for it.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=686225#686225</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Hayden</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Sun, 24 Sep 2023 17:29:10 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=686225#686225</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Best Films of The 70s (V2) [List]</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=686222#686222</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=30183'&gt;CA Dreamin&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 09/24/2023 21:07&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Users are posting lists before the poll even begins...Hayden, it sounds like the group really wants to start this now &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;Laughing&quot;&gt;🤣&lt;/span&gt; .</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=686222#686222</comments>
                            <dc:creator>CA Dreamin</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Sun, 24 Sep 2023 17:07:53 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=686222#686222</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Best Films of The 70s (V2) [List]</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=686212#686212</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=16394'&gt;Applerill&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 09/24/2023 18:02&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Hey, I already have a list ready &lt;3&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;a href=&quot;https://boxd.it/pljus&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot; rel=&quot;nofollow&quot;&gt;https://boxd.it/pljus&lt;/a&gt;</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=686212#686212</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Applerill</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Sun, 24 Sep 2023 14:02:06 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=686212#686212</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Best Films of The 70s (V2) [List]</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=686180#686180</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=54214'&gt;MadhattanJack&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 09/24/2023 05:34&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          In many ways, the Sixties was cinema's most important decade, in which we saw the first &quot;prototype&quot; of the so-called &quot;Three Colors&quot; trilogy (which would later be refined to near-perfection in the 1990s with the films &lt;a href=&quot;https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0111495&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot; rel=&quot;nofollow&quot; class=&quot;nav2&quot;&gt;Red&lt;/a&gt;, &lt;a href=&quot;https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0111507&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot; rel=&quot;nofollow&quot; class=&quot;nav2&quot;&gt;White&lt;/a&gt;, and &lt;a href=&quot;https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0108394&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot; rel=&quot;nofollow&quot; class=&quot;nav2&quot;&gt;Blue&lt;/a&gt;). The impact of the three 1960s films, &lt;a href=&quot;https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0057603&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot; rel=&quot;nofollow&quot; class=&quot;nav2&quot;&gt;Black Sabbath&lt;/a&gt;, &lt;a href=&quot;https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0057413&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot; rel=&quot;nofollow&quot; class=&quot;nav2&quot;&gt;The Pink Panther&lt;/a&gt;, and &lt;a href=&quot;https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0064393&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot; rel=&quot;nofollow&quot; class=&quot;nav2&quot;&gt;The Green Slime&lt;/a&gt; cannot be underestimated, even by movie critics. (Or, maybe it can't be &lt;span style=&quot;font-style: italic&quot;&gt;over&lt;/span&gt;estimated... I forget which it is now. Anyway.) The only real difference was that the '60s films weren't directed by Krzysztof Kieslowski, they were directed by three different people and bore practically no thematic similarity to each other whatsoever. Also, all three colors in the movie titles were completely different from the three '90s colors. So, I guess that's two differences.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=686180#686180</comments>
                            <dc:creator>MadhattanJack</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Sun, 24 Sep 2023 01:34:21 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=686180#686180</guid>
                          </item></channel></rss>