<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<rss version="2.0" xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/">
<channel>
  <title>Best Ever Albums</title>
  <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/index.php</link>
  <description>&quot;I get by with a little help from my friends&quot; - The Beatles</description>
  <language>en</language>
  <ttl>1</ttl>
<item>
                            <title>Re: Increasing maximum chart sizes to 200 entries</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=697649#697649</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=44997'&gt;SD100852&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 03/08/2024 18:48&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          It would be very interesting too to see how the album and artist ranks would change if an expansion of the maximum number of entries in a chart was put in, as I'd imagine more points would be awarded for high-placed records in these charts than the current system.&lt;br /&gt;
As earlier posted, the yearly chart shouldn't be more than 100 as this is pretty much the most any publication would do for an annual chart (TBH a lot of them only go up to 50)</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=697649#697649</comments>
                            <dc:creator>SD100852</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Fri, 8 Mar 2024 13:48:35 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=697649#697649</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Increasing maximum chart sizes to 200 entries</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=686124#686124</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=15661'&gt;Stevo796&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 09/23/2023 12:36&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          I'll add my two cents here too. &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
I'd love to see an expansion to the list sizes. 100 seems very restrictive -- especially when you're talking about a 'best ever' albums list. I think an expanded list size would help get lesser known and overlooked albums a chance to get more points in the overall rankings. Since they already scale the number of points given to the relative position on a list, it would still give those albums higher up a much bigger boost. I think it would just help shake things up[ a bit outside the established canon.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
I'd love to see rank-based expansions to 200, 250, 500, and maybe even 1000 for an overall chart. 500 seems like a reasonable cap for a decade-based list, while yearly lists still make sense to keep at 100.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
I imagine that expanded lists would help people feel more comfortable adding in personal favourites/guilty pleasures alongside any canonical picks. I just think it would lead to a more interesting and varied chart overall. Plus there are loads of users that have listened to thousands of albums, so it's still a curated selection for those users with a high enough rank to really be able to take advantage of the new freedoms.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Then there's the whole thing about the recognised lists being able to be displayed fully...</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=686124#686124</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Stevo796</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Sat, 23 Sep 2023 08:36:49 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=686124#686124</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Increasing maximum chart sizes to 200 entries</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=680078#680078</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=18361'&gt;Johnnyo&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 06/26/2023 20:46&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;SD100852 wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;If this was to happen soon going forward I think just opening the option to premium/high level users would be a good idea, as it could also help act as a reward for people who engage with the website well and regularly&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Some interesting thoughts throughout this thread. This one seems to be the most sensible.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Happy to stay with 100 if the technical side creates major issues. Just love being part of the site and wouldn’t want the admin side to become over burdensome for the adminers</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=680078#680078</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Johnnyo</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Mon, 26 Jun 2023 16:46:06 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=680078#680078</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Increasing maximum chart sizes to 200 entries</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=679562#679562</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=44997'&gt;SD100852&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 06/20/2023 00:49&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;albummaster wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;agree with you. so many things getting backed up right now, difficult to know where to start. Maybe both features could be for premium members, once that gets off the ground. The main issue I continually have is available time, most of it tied up in site admin rather than dev.&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
If this was to happen soon going forward I think just opening the option to premium/high level users would be a good idea, as it could also help act as a reward for people who engage with the website well and regularly</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=679562#679562</comments>
                            <dc:creator>SD100852</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Mon, 19 Jun 2023 20:49:30 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=679562#679562</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Increasing maximum chart sizes to 200 entries</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=669001#669001</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=2'&gt;albummaster&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 02/17/2023 09:58&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;Arthurknight wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;Yeah just to be clear I was suggesting what is effectively a bandaid solution. I generally hate suggesting anything that requires a lot of someone else's labour to execute or may not be technically feasible. However, if you can easily implement a change that enables linking charts together via the chart editing page, then I agree: the hassle of editing continuation charts is removed entirely. It would be a considerably better solution to directly tackle the continuation chart problem, but if you're going to implement something like that it only raises more questions as to why the limit remains at 100. Both would be ideal, either one alone would improve the current way of doing business. &lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
No worries, think I addressed reasons for the 100 limit above (in ranked charts), but agreed that custom charts could be made bigger and then down the line add ability to link them together. Also working on a few other things in the background to do with recognised charts, so once that's finished hopefully that'll clear the decks a bit.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=669001#669001</comments>
                            <dc:creator>albummaster</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Fri, 17 Feb 2023 04:58:31 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=669001#669001</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Increasing maximum chart sizes to 200 entries</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=669000#669000</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=2'&gt;albummaster&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 02/17/2023 09:42&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;MadhattanJack wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;I've &lt;a href=&quot;https://www.besteveralbums.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=25736&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot; rel=&quot;nofollow&quot; class=&quot;nav2&quot;&gt;already suggested&lt;/a&gt; making increased page sizes available when viewing charts (at least for higher-level members), but if you increase the maximum chart sizes without also allowing for higher page sizes... that's going to be &lt;span style=&quot;font-style: italic&quot;&gt;really&lt;/span&gt; irritating.&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
agree with you. so many things getting backed up right now, difficult to know where to start. Maybe both features could be for premium members, once that gets off the ground. The main issue I continually have is available time, most of it tied up in site admin rather than dev.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=669000#669000</comments>
                            <dc:creator>albummaster</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Fri, 17 Feb 2023 04:42:54 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=669000#669000</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Increasing maximum chart sizes to 200 entries</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=668983#668983</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=30484'&gt;Arthurknight&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 02/17/2023 03:06&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;albummaster wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;The current 'system' has grown organically with users finding their own workarounds to get bigger charts and this is why it has become clunky. I can definitely see that managing a super chart spanning multiple charts is unwieldy and moving entries up/down between charts extremely fiddly. I'd never foreseen that happening so didn't have anything up my sleeve to address it, but recognise it as an issue. &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Ideally, I'd like to find a reasonably elegant solution that fits into how things work at the moment. However, it's quite a complex issue to fix, given what it needs to fit into (if that makes any sense). We can definitely say that continuation charts won't be completely solved by increasing the maximum chart length unless it was an impossibly high number, so still need to find a way of moving entries between charts (it's fairly trivial to join multiple charts together alluded to in a previous post). We could still go for bigger custom charts alongside.&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Yeah just to be clear I was suggesting what is effectively a bandaid solution. I generally hate suggesting anything that requires a lot of someone else's labour to execute or may not be technically feasible. However, if you can easily implement a change that enables linking charts together via the chart editing page, then I agree: the hassle of editing continuation charts is removed entirely. It would be a considerably better solution to directly tackle the continuation chart problem, but if you're going to implement something like that it only raises more questions as to why the limit remains at 100. Both would be ideal, either one alone would improve the current way of doing business. &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;MadhattenJack wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt; I've already suggested making increased page sizes available when viewing charts (at least for higher-level members), but if you increase the maximum chart sizes without also allowing for higher page sizes... that's going to be really irritating.&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Yes you'd almost assuredly have to add custom buttons for 10, 25, 50, 100 page limits if this was done.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=668983#668983</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Arthurknight</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Thu, 16 Feb 2023 22:06:23 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=668983#668983</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Increasing maximum chart sizes to 200 entries</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=668964#668964</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=18698'&gt;Hayden&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 02/17/2023 02:01&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          I'm cool with 100 ...  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;Anxious&quot;&gt;😨&lt;/span&gt; &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
BUT— if it were to ever increase, I would opt for 250, and that denomination would solely be for the overall chart, not every decade, years, etc. &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Think 100's great though.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=668964#668964</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Hayden</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Thu, 16 Feb 2023 21:01:26 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=668964#668964</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Increasing maximum chart sizes to 200 entries</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=668934#668934</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=54214'&gt;MadhattanJack&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 02/16/2023 22:25&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          I've &lt;a href=&quot;https://www.besteveralbums.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=25736&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot; rel=&quot;nofollow&quot; class=&quot;nav2&quot;&gt;already suggested&lt;/a&gt; making increased page sizes available when viewing charts (at least for higher-level members), but if you increase the maximum chart sizes without also allowing for higher page sizes... that's going to be &lt;span style=&quot;font-style: italic&quot;&gt;really&lt;/span&gt; irritating.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=668934#668934</comments>
                            <dc:creator>MadhattanJack</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Thu, 16 Feb 2023 17:25:13 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=668934#668934</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Increasing maximum chart sizes to 200 entries</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=668890#668890</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=2'&gt;albummaster&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 02/16/2023 15:16&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          The current 'system' has grown organically with users finding their own workarounds to get bigger charts and this is why it has become clunky. I can definitely see that managing a super chart spanning multiple charts is unwieldy and moving entries up/down between charts extremely fiddly. I'd never foreseen that happening so didn't have anything up my sleeve to address it, but recognise it as an issue. &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Ideally, I'd like to find a reasonably elegant solution that fits into how things work at the moment. However, it's quite a complex issue to fix, given what it needs to fit into (if that makes any sense). We can definitely say that continuation charts won't be completely solved by increasing the maximum chart length unless it was an impossibly high number, so still need to find a way of moving entries between charts (it's fairly trivial to join multiple charts together alluded to in a previous post). We could still go for bigger custom charts alongside.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=668890#668890</comments>
                            <dc:creator>albummaster</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Thu, 16 Feb 2023 10:16:28 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=668890#668890</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Increasing maximum chart sizes to 200 entries</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=668874#668874</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=30484'&gt;Arthurknight&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 02/16/2023 11:08&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;albummaster wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt; I'm not against increasing the limit, but need to consider these factors if the limit is raised. I've seen continuation charts going up to 1,000 or more, which might be a bit too big to be able to edit comfortably (without re-writing the chart editor).&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Anything larger than what it is currently would be a major improvement. The main problem with the current system is there's no easy way to make adjustments to your rankings without having to export the charts into a spreadsheet, update the ordering there, and then more or less fully reconstruct your 101-200, 201-300 lists and so on from scratch. It leads to most of the charts users have up that skirt around the current 100 album restriction becoming obsolete pretty fast. If, for example, they were even increased to 200, you halve the amount of annoyance created by this, but I wouldn't complain with getting even more.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=668874#668874</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Arthurknight</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Thu, 16 Feb 2023 06:08:38 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=668874#668874</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Increasing maximum chart sizes to 200 entries</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=668871#668871</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=2'&gt;albummaster&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 02/16/2023 10:33&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Agree that potentially we could have bigger custom charts - thanks for pointing out. However, in practice there would need to be some kind of upper limit - even for custom charts (flooding the database/moderation team &amp; performance being the main concerns). I'm not against increasing the limit, but need to consider these factors if the limit is raised. I've seen continuation charts going up to 1,000 or more, which might be a bit too big to be able to edit comfortably (without re-writing the chart editor).</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=668871#668871</comments>
                            <dc:creator>albummaster</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Thu, 16 Feb 2023 05:33:26 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=668871#668871</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Increasing maximum chart sizes to 200 entries</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=668862#668862</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=30484'&gt;Arthurknight&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 02/16/2023 08:40&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          I think you resolve this very easily by giving custom charts a higher maximum. by doing this you get: &lt;br /&gt;
1. the long desired ability to make longer lists, &lt;br /&gt;
2. the ability to make a greatest albums continuation list that isn't spread across more than 2 charts (the current system is so agonising to manage when it comes to moving albums from, for example, 201 to 199), &lt;br /&gt;
3. you limit access to these massive charts to only those who have accumulated the points, and &lt;br /&gt;
4. you keep the default 100 limit greatest albums format, and maintain the existing overall chart aggregation system.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
It actually makes quite little sense that the 100 limit has been imposed across the board, if, as you say, there is not technological limit.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=668862#668862</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Arthurknight</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Thu, 16 Feb 2023 03:40:58 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=668862#668862</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Increasing maximum chart sizes to 200 entries</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=665976#665976</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=2'&gt;albummaster&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 01/13/2023 08:46&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Longer/larger charts are definitely something that people want (suggested before) and technically not difficult. However, limiting to 100 does force people to be selective with their choices, and helps prevent the database/mod team from being flooded. I appreciate that people are finding creative ways around this e.g. with continuation charts (charts containing albums 101-200 etc), and maybe this is something that could be made more of a feature of (e.g. allowing people to link/chain charts together more officially). Not sure precisely how this would work yet, but maybe allow people to add the ID of a 'previous' chart to a custom chart and optionally flag the chart as continuation so that ranks can be rendered to continue on from previous chart (or not, if it's just a pool of albums that didn't make the cut for previous chart etc). (The ranks in the continuation chart wouldn't be awarded any points etc).</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=665976#665976</comments>
                            <dc:creator>albummaster</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Fri, 13 Jan 2023 03:46:38 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=665976#665976</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Increasing maximum chart sizes to 200 entries</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=665951#665951</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=44997'&gt;SD100852&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 01/13/2023 00:44&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          I was thinking if there might be a possibility soon where we can add up to 200 albums onto one chart? There has been a lot of great albums released since the website was first created and I was wondering if this could be a natural step forward so that releases can be added onto charts such as personal 'Greatest Albums of All Time' charts without needing to take any albums out if you've got 100, and it will also make more sense when adding in official rankings such as the Rolling Stone 500 greatest albums of all time chart.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Obviously it might take a bit of time to implement and probably should be included as something only members who have reached a certain level can do, but just thought I'd put it out there in case anyone else thinks this is a good idea</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=665951#665951</comments>
                            <dc:creator>SD100852</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Thu, 12 Jan 2023 19:44:55 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=665951#665951</guid>
                          </item></channel></rss>