<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<rss version="2.0" xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/">
<channel>
  <title>Best Ever Albums</title>
  <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/index.php</link>
  <description>&quot;I get by with a little help from my friends&quot; - The Beatles</description>
  <language>en</language>
  <ttl>1</ttl>
<item>
                            <title>Re: Editing albums</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=70929#70929</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=2'&gt;albummaster&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 12/06/2011 07:36&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;Fergenaprido wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;Okay, I figured it out now, but when I go back to edit one of the albums I added yesterday, I no longer find that option.  It seems the interface is completely different when you are editing a new album than when you are editing an existing album.&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Once the details are filled out for an album, it becomes 'locked', and what you are seeing is the read-only view. To submit a correction for a locked item, you need to use the section on that page marked 'data corrections'. &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
This could do with being a bit clearer, and so I'll probably be making a few tweaks fairly soon to make this a bit more user-friendly.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=70929#70929</comments>
                            <dc:creator>albummaster</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Tue, 6 Dec 2011 02:36:48 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=70929#70929</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Editing albums</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=70744#70744</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=18719'&gt;Fergenaprido&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 12/05/2011 21:33&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;albummaster wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;Fergenaprido wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;Now, though, I'll be making more changes myself, since I seem to be adding a lot of albums that are not on here.  The only thing I'm not good at is the images... I don't really understand how to add the album images, either from google or from my computer.&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Thanks for the feedback, perhaps the instructions need to be a bit clearer. The way to add images is to use the browse button to locate the image on your local PC. When you click the save button, the image will be uploaded.&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Okay, I figured it out now, but when I go back to edit one of the albums I added yesterday, I no longer find that option.  It seems the interface is completely different when you are editing a new album than when you are editing an existing album.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=70744#70744</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Fergenaprido</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Mon, 5 Dec 2011 16:33:01 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=70744#70744</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Editing albums</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=70699#70699</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=2'&gt;albummaster&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 12/05/2011 19:06&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          the artist should be listed for various artist track-listings, otherwise it's not very clear who the track is by. The second album in your post needs updating/correcting.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=70699#70699</comments>
                            <dc:creator>albummaster</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Mon, 5 Dec 2011 14:06:12 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=70699#70699</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Editing albums</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=70696#70696</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=17748'&gt;19loveless91&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 12/05/2011 18:51&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          What are the rules for editing the tracklist of the Various Artists albums?&lt;br /&gt;
I've seen that in some cases the artist is also mentioned (eg &lt;a href=&quot;http://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?a=9742&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot; rel=&quot;nofollow&quot; class=&quot;nav2&quot;&gt;Pulp Fiction&lt;/a&gt;), but in other cases it ain't (&lt;a href=&quot;http://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?a=5571&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot; rel=&quot;nofollow&quot; class=&quot;nav2&quot;&gt;click&lt;/a&gt;)</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=70696#70696</comments>
                            <dc:creator>19loveless91</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Mon, 5 Dec 2011 13:51:25 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=70696#70696</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Editing albums</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=70693#70693</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=2'&gt;albummaster&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 12/05/2011 18:42&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;Fergenaprido wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;Now, though, I'll be making more changes myself, since I seem to be adding a lot of albums that are not on here.  The only thing I'm not good at is the images... I don't really understand how to add the album images, either from google or from my computer.&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Thanks for the feedback, perhaps the instructions need to be a bit clearer. The way to add images is to use the browse button to locate the image on your local PC. When you click the save button, the image will be uploaded. &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;Fergenaprido wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;Also, when I'm not sure about the correct or original tracklisting, I leave it blank. That's what I did with Enrique's Euphoria (sorrry)&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
I think that's a sensible course of action, better to leave it blank than enter something that might not be right.   . &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;Fergenaprido wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;There is an international version, a US version, and a UK version (which I bought), so I didn't know which to add...  :|&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
BEA's policy is to list the original track-listing for an album, so whatever came out first (not including 'bonus' tracks).</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=70693#70693</comments>
                            <dc:creator>albummaster</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Mon, 5 Dec 2011 13:42:17 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=70693#70693</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Editing albums</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=70690#70690</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=18719'&gt;Fergenaprido&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 12/05/2011 18:06&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          I actually didn't realize that we could edit the album track listings ourselves until yesterday.  I thought that everything had to be submitted and then approved by albummaster or one of the other moderators.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Now, though, I'll be making more changes myself, since I seem to be adding a lot of albums that are not on here.  The only thing I'm not good at is the images... I don't really understand how to add the album images, either from google or from my computer.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Also, when I'm not sure about the correct or original tracklisting, I leave it blank.  That's what I did with Enrique's Euphoria (sorrry).  There is an international version, a US version, and a UK version (which I bought), so I didn't know which to add...  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;Neutral&quot;&gt;😐&lt;/span&gt;</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=70690#70690</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Fergenaprido</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Mon, 5 Dec 2011 13:06:01 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=70690#70690</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Editing albums</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=70675#70675</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=2'&gt;albummaster&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 12/05/2011 16:46&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Thanks Bork, although it's going to take a continuous effort to keep on top of things.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
I sort of anticipated this happening with the early flood of charts being added. Before yesterday, the moderation system was &lt;span style=&quot;font-style: italic&quot;&gt;barely&lt;/span&gt; keeping on top of things, so I'm thinking that decade charts are a step too far for the site to self-manage. If that proves to be the case over the next week or so, then I think one of the above measures will have to be implemented to put a lid on things. &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
I'd much prefer a smaller, more accurate database, than a larger database that nobody can rely on (which is no use to anybody).</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=70675#70675</comments>
                            <dc:creator>albummaster</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Mon, 5 Dec 2011 11:46:20 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=70675#70675</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Editing albums</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=70674#70674</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=18897'&gt;Taric&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 12/05/2011 16:45&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;19loveless91 wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;I really wish though that people who add new albums would also moderate them. I mean they should be the ones that would want to see the updated info the most, right?&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
Seconded. Plus they are the ones that know the album better than I do.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Isn't there a faster way of doing this than ctr-c + ctr-v-ing my fingers blue?</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=70674#70674</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Taric</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Mon, 5 Dec 2011 11:45:41 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=70674#70674</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Editing albums</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=70673#70673</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=17748'&gt;19loveless91&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 12/05/2011 16:43&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          I'm kind of busy these days, but I'll help with the moderation when I find some time.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
I really wish though that people who add new albums would also moderate them. I mean they should be the ones that would want to see the updated info the most, right?</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=70673#70673</comments>
                            <dc:creator>19loveless91</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Mon, 5 Dec 2011 11:43:49 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=70673#70673</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Editing albums</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=70671#70671</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=16211'&gt;Bork&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 12/05/2011 16:30&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          So how about everyone who has a little time to spare chips in and starts editing? We don't want any of those things to happen. The info on Wikipedia is normally reliable enough to get the facts.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=70671#70671</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Bork</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Mon, 5 Dec 2011 11:30:04 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=70671#70671</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Editing albums</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=70660#70660</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=2'&gt;albummaster&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 12/05/2011 15:51&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;Taric wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;Woah man, there are like hundreds of albums added in the last day.&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
I know  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;Sad&quot;&gt;🙁&lt;/span&gt; The moderation system is flooded with albums that haven't been edited. I hope it doesn't stay like that. Otherwise, I might have to find some incentive to help these get filled out, such as an album not counting towards the rankings unless the details have been entered, or some sort of cap on the number of 'new' albums. I might disable new albums being added entirely if the number of albums in the queue gets much higher.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=70660#70660</comments>
                            <dc:creator>albummaster</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Mon, 5 Dec 2011 10:51:43 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=70660#70660</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Editing albums</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=70657#70657</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=18897'&gt;Taric&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 12/05/2011 14:59&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Woah man, there are like hundreds of albums added in the last day.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=70657#70657</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Taric</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Mon, 5 Dec 2011 09:59:34 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=70657#70657</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Editing albums</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=70655#70655</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=18897'&gt;Taric&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 12/05/2011 14:58&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          One of the first lines:&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
[example] Backless by Eric Clapton (View on site) | Google | Approve: Yes (HEREHEREHERE) No (NOT HERE)</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=70655#70655</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Taric</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Mon, 5 Dec 2011 09:58:36 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=70655#70655</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Editing albums</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=70654#70654</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=15562'&gt;Norman Bates&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 12/05/2011 14:56&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Hi ! The problem has probably been raised somewhere else, and it's also probably just a matter of clicking in the right place (as always with me), but here's what : I've been wanting to edit the albums from my decade charts which were not yet on BEA. And although I have no problem adding the tracks, the year of release doesn't show after I've changed it.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Plus, I consistently get a message telling me that if I have made changes, I should answer &quot;yes&quot; : I don't know where. I'm perfectly willing to answer &quot;yes&quot;.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=70654#70654</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Norman Bates</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Mon, 5 Dec 2011 09:56:31 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=70654#70654</guid>
                          </item></channel></rss>