<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<rss version="2.0" xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/">
<channel>
  <title>Best Ever Albums</title>
  <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/index.php</link>
  <description>&quot;I get by with a little help from my friends&quot; - The Beatles</description>
  <language>en</language>
  <ttl>1</ttl>
<item>
                            <title>Re: Cheap Thrills by Big Brother And The Holding Company</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=763589#763589</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=18361'&gt;Johnnyo&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 09/24/2026 13:00&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          So that's it from me for Cheap Thrills&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
If you have any thoughts on the album please post here</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=763589#763589</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Johnnyo</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Thu, 24 Sep 2026 09:00:38 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=763589#763589</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Cheap Thrills by Big Brother And The Holding Company</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=763583#763583</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=18361'&gt;Johnnyo&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 09/24/2026 09:40&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          I have to confess that I don’t own this and I have no idea why. That will be rectified as soon as I find a good enough copy.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
This was the second, and defining studio album by Big Brother and the Holding Company (BB&amp;THC) and established the band, but more importantly, it was the band's final album with lead singer Janis Joplin before she left to begin a solo career. &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
The first thing to say is that I disapprove of incorporated recordings of crowd noises onto some of the tracks to give the impression of a live album. Not cool folks! For me, &lt;br /&gt;
knowing that does diminish the album a little but I’m willing to overlook this heinous act and concentrate on some great songs and great covers galore.&lt;br /&gt;
 &lt;br /&gt;
I own the first BB&amp;THC album, and this is a significant improvement on that.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
It gets Janis's voice down much better than the first album and feels far better produced. &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
It’s got some of Janis’s greatest moments in what was a tragically short career. Summertime, Piece Of My Heart, Ball And Chain and Oh’ Sweet Mary are prime examples. &lt;br /&gt;
It’s a messy album and I mean that in a good way. A great listen. I need a copy!</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=763583#763583</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Johnnyo</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Thu, 24 Sep 2026 05:40:24 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=763583#763583</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Cheap Thrills by Big Brother And The Holding Company</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=763530#763530</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=18361'&gt;Johnnyo&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 09/23/2026 11:35&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Ball and Chain&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Despite what you might think from hearing some of the others tracks. this is the only live track on the album. &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
A great live blues track. Guitar, vocals and the rest of the band in total unison. Turn down the light, crank it up to 11 and enjoy!&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
A thing of beauty. &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;iframe class=&quot;forum-youtube&quot; src=&quot;https://www.youtube.com/embed/mrF_nM9pknU?autoplay=0&amp;controls=1&amp;fs=1&quot; frame allow=&quot;accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture&quot; webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen&gt;&lt;/iframe&gt;&lt;br&gt;&lt;a href=&quot;https://youtube.com/watch?v=mrF_nM9pknU&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot;&gt;Link&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br&gt;</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=763530#763530</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Johnnyo</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Wed, 23 Sep 2026 07:35:10 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=763530#763530</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Cheap Thrills by Big Brother And The Holding Company</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=763170#763170</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=18361'&gt;Johnnyo&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 09/16/2026 08:47&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;span style=&quot;font-weight: bold&quot;&gt;Oh, Sweet Mary&lt;/span&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
I really like this fuzzy guitar intro (and throughout TBH) and the whole song feels somewhat otherworldly. Without question the best guitar playing on the album&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Very tricky and psychedelic. Love it&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;iframe class=&quot;forum-youtube&quot; src=&quot;https://www.youtube.com/embed/SOhUWc2G0SU?autoplay=0&amp;controls=1&amp;fs=1&quot; frame allow=&quot;accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture&quot; webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen&gt;&lt;/iframe&gt;&lt;br&gt;&lt;a href=&quot;https://youtube.com/watch?v=SOhUWc2G0SU&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot;&gt;Link&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br&gt;</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=763170#763170</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Johnnyo</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Wed, 16 Sep 2026 04:47:44 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=763170#763170</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Cheap Thrills by Big Brother And The Holding Company</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=762960#762960</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=18361'&gt;Johnnyo&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 09/12/2026 15:13&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;Hayden wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;I should really own a copy of this.&lt;br /&gt;
I don't.&lt;br /&gt;
But I should.&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Same here and i don't know why I haven't got it. It's a great album.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Been added to my wishlist</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=762960#762960</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Johnnyo</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Sat, 12 Sep 2026 11:13:36 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=762960#762960</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Cheap Thrills by Big Brother And The Holding Company</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=762948#762948</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=18698'&gt;Hayden&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 09/12/2026 10:02&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          I should really own a copy of this.&lt;br /&gt;
I don't.&lt;br /&gt;
But I should.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=762948#762948</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Hayden</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Sat, 12 Sep 2026 06:02:30 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=762948#762948</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Cheap Thrills by Big Brother And The Holding Company</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=762944#762944</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=18361'&gt;Johnnyo&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 09/12/2026 08:52&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;span style=&quot;font-weight: bold&quot;&gt;Turtle Blues&lt;/span&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Old time blues. Great piano accompaniment to Janis’s impassioned vocals and a great guitar solo towards the end.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
You can almost feel yourself sitting in a smoke-filled bar listening to this. It’s doesn’t get much better than that. &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;iframe class=&quot;forum-youtube&quot; src=&quot;https://www.youtube.com/embed/-B41dXQp6Bw?autoplay=0&amp;controls=1&amp;fs=1&quot; frame allow=&quot;accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture&quot; webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen&gt;&lt;/iframe&gt;&lt;br&gt;&lt;a href=&quot;https://youtube.com/watch?v=-B41dXQp6Bw&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot;&gt;Link&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br&gt;</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=762944#762944</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Johnnyo</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Sat, 12 Sep 2026 04:52:27 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=762944#762944</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Cheap Thrills by Big Brother And The Holding Company</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=762841#762841</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=18361'&gt;Johnnyo&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 09/10/2026 07:25&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          I would imagine that this is most peoples favourite and most recognisable track on the album. &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Excellent guitar intro and then those vocals. Where does she drag them from? Wow! Janis pours her heart and soul into this track. Another cover but Janis made this her own. &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;iframe class=&quot;forum-youtube&quot; src=&quot;https://www.youtube.com/embed/SCngPse1iiI?autoplay=0&amp;controls=1&amp;fs=1&quot; frame allow=&quot;accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture&quot; webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen&gt;&lt;/iframe&gt;&lt;br&gt;&lt;a href=&quot;https://youtube.com/watch?v=SCngPse1iiI&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot;&gt;Link&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br&gt;</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=762841#762841</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Johnnyo</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Thu, 10 Sep 2026 03:25:09 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=762841#762841</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Cheap Thrills by Big Brother And The Holding Company</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=762733#762733</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=18361'&gt;Johnnyo&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 09/08/2026 13:32&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;span style=&quot;font-weight: bold&quot;&gt;Summertime&lt;/span&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Lovely. Slow guitar intro of this George Gershwin's classic. Rather psychedelic blues-rock.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
As with most tracks on this album, you can’t fault the vocal delivery, and the guitar work is outstanding. &lt;br /&gt;
Just a great track&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
For some reason, maybe copyright reasons. Will keep looking though as I think that this is worth hearing</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=762733#762733</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Johnnyo</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Tue, 8 Sep 2026 09:32:19 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=762733#762733</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Cheap Thrills by Big Brother And The Holding Company</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=762638#762638</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=18361'&gt;Johnnyo&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 09/06/2026 09:13&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;span style=&quot;font-weight: bold&quot;&gt;I Need a Man to Love&lt;/span&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
A very solid track. Great bluesy guitar and great vocals from Janis. &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
The track is undermined however by the “simulated crowd” backing to the track. Why in heavens name would you think that’s a good idea&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Take the crowd out and it’s great. &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Makes me wonder whether there are any recording out there without the crowd noise. Would be great to hear them if there are&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;iframe class=&quot;forum-youtube&quot; src=&quot;https://www.youtube.com/embed/UOOX6ZpNcMw?autoplay=0&amp;controls=1&amp;fs=1&quot; frame allow=&quot;accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture&quot; webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen&gt;&lt;/iframe&gt;&lt;br&gt;&lt;a href=&quot;https://youtube.com/watch?v=UOOX6ZpNcMw&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot;&gt;Link&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br&gt;</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=762638#762638</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Johnnyo</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Sun, 6 Sep 2026 05:13:51 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=762638#762638</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Cheap Thrills by Big Brother And The Holding Company</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=762532#762532</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=18361'&gt;Johnnyo&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 09/04/2026 10:39&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;span style=&quot;font-weight: bold&quot;&gt;Combination of the Two&lt;/span&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
I’m not that familiar with this album and this is a great opening track which I don't think that I've heard before.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Janis’s vocals are rather in the background on this track. It’s far more a guitar driven track and great guitar playing it is as well. As far as openers setting the tone for an album, it’s a great start&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;iframe class=&quot;forum-youtube&quot; src=&quot;https://www.youtube.com/embed/NEAlRCg5haM?autoplay=0&amp;controls=1&amp;fs=1&quot; frame allow=&quot;accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture&quot; webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen&gt;&lt;/iframe&gt;&lt;br&gt;&lt;a href=&quot;https://youtube.com/watch?v=NEAlRCg5haM&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot;&gt;Link&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br&gt;</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=762532#762532</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Johnnyo</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Fri, 4 Sep 2026 06:39:15 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=762532#762532</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Cheap Thrills by Big Brother And The Holding Company</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=762486#762486</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=18361'&gt;Johnnyo&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 09/03/2026 07:08&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          The album that we will be listening to in my 60's listening group in October is&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;img src=&quot;https://albumart.besteveralbums.com/albumart/album_large_6567_4e290ceb3c5bf.jpg&quot; class=&quot;postimg&quot; /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;a href=&quot;https://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?a=6567&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot; rel=&quot;nofollow&quot; class=&quot;nav2&quot;&gt;Cheap Thrills (1968) by Big Brother And The Holding Company&lt;/a&gt; &lt;img src=&quot;https://www.besteveralbums.com/img/flags_mini/us.gif&quot; class=&quot;postimg&quot; /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
If you have any thoughts on the album please let me know. I'll be posting my own thoughts over the next month&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Previous albums discussed are&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Electric Music For The Mind And Body by Country Joe And The Fish (August)&lt;br /&gt;
Sounds Of Silence by Simon &amp; Garfunkel (September)&lt;br /&gt;
Revolver by The Beatles (October)&lt;br /&gt;
In The Court Of The Crimson King by King Crimson (November)&lt;br /&gt;
Buffalo Springfield Again by Buffalo Springfield (December)&lt;br /&gt;
Disraeli Gears by Cream (February)&lt;br /&gt;
in Search Of The Lost Chord by The Moody Blues (April)&lt;br /&gt;
In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida by Iron Butterfly (May)&lt;br /&gt;
Blues Breakers by John Mayall &amp; Eric Clapton (June)&lt;br /&gt;
Pet Sounds by The Beach Boys (July)&lt;br /&gt;
Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band by The Beatles (August)&lt;br /&gt;
The Velvet Underground &amp; Nico by The Velvet Underground &amp; Nico (September)</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=762486#762486</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Johnnyo</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Thu, 3 Sep 2026 03:08:34 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=762486#762486</guid>
                          </item></channel></rss>