<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<rss version="2.0" xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/">
<channel>
  <title>Best Ever Albums</title>
  <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/index.php</link>
  <description>&quot;I get by with a little help from my friends&quot; - The Beatles</description>
  <language>en</language>
  <ttl>1</ttl>
<item>
                            <title>Re: Studio LP Albums only in BEA chart?</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=512291#512291</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=19428'&gt;RoundTheBend&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 04/26/2018 02:59&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;Romanelli wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;You can have whatever you want in your chart. And anyone who says otherwise is simply wrong, closed minded and misguided.&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
I think I have to agree with this.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;Tap wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;unless its a 4 track 19 minute ep&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
 &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;Laughing&quot;&gt;🤣&lt;/span&gt;  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;Laughing&quot;&gt;🤣&lt;/span&gt;  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;Laughing&quot;&gt;🤣&lt;/span&gt; &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Also I think some artists are great songwriters, but shit album makers. That's when I put comps in my lists... when no album is better than their comp, and their albums also don't really have a clear &quot;well procured&quot; album track-listing... it's just a group of songs, just like a comp. MANY albums, the artist had no control over the track-listing, just like they didn't in a comp. I'm just stating that, because that is often the elitist view of why to hate comps.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=512291#512291</comments>
                            <dc:creator>RoundTheBend</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Wed, 25 Apr 2018 22:59:41 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=512291#512291</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Studio LP Albums only in BEA chart?</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=512129#512129</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=-1'&gt;Anonymous&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 04/25/2018 02:29&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          [quote=&quot;Hayden&quot;]&lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;Mercury wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
Currently the only comp in my top 100 is:&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;img src=&quot;https://albumart.besteveralbums.com/albumart/album_large_52462_52ae3ea0123ec.jpg&quot; class=&quot;postimg&quot; /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;a href=&quot;https://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?a=52462&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot; rel=&quot;nofollow&quot; class=&quot;nav2&quot;&gt;World Psychedelic Classics 5: Who Is William Onyeabor? by William Onyeabor&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Fantastic album&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;PurpleHazel wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;When I first saw the thread title, I got nervous. Thought BEA might be considering separating studio and live albums the way RYM did. &lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Haha no I'm not affiliated with BEA I've just been wondering about this topic for ages.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;RichardSauce wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;I definitely tend to prioritize studio albums, but I think compilations and live albums both have their place, and I have no problem using them, at least not in a limited fashion.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
EP's are trickier. An EP can be fantastic, influential, not a weak moment....but they're by definition not an album. They occupy that weird space between album and single...though I've seen some, Pisces Iscariot and Incesticide come immediately to mind, that are as long or longer than many studio albums. It's a judgement call I guess, and it is your list after all, as Romanelli already pointed out.&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
This is a great answer. I'm leaning towards doing the same. The EP thing is tough because some of my absolute favourites are EPs but I think you're right, they're not quite a full album.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=512129#512129</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Anonymous</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Tue, 24 Apr 2018 22:29:45 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=512129#512129</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Studio LP Albums only in BEA chart?</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=512124#512124</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=-1'&gt;Anonymous&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 04/25/2018 01:26&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;Mercury wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;NOOOO! Compilations are great. I am not talking so much about &quot;greatest hits&quot; or &quot;best ofs&quot;. But a compilation? As in an album of music taken from various sessions or times put together into a CD or a box set? That sometimes is the best thing in a discography. I'm not talking the best thing to introduce you to an artist, but legitimately the best album or set in a discography. Sometimes its the only thing you can get from an artist. &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Very interesting point. I think the concept of compilations are different across genres too. There are alot of fantastic electronic albums considered to be compilations, but they certainly aren't 'best of' albums either.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=512124#512124</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Anonymous</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Tue, 24 Apr 2018 21:26:06 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=512124#512124</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Studio LP Albums only in BEA chart?</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=512117#512117</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=35425'&gt;RichardSauce&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 04/25/2018 00:28&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          I definitely tend to prioritize studio albums, but I think compilations and live albums both have their place, and I have no problem using them, at least not in a limited fashion.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
EP's are trickier. An EP can be fantastic, influential, not a weak moment....but they're by definition not an album. They occupy that weird space between album and single...though I've seen some, Pisces Iscariot and Incesticide come immediately to mind, that are as long or longer than many studio albums. It's a judgement call I guess, and it is your list after all, as Romanelli already pointed out.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=512117#512117</comments>
                            <dc:creator>RichardSauce</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Tue, 24 Apr 2018 20:28:08 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=512117#512117</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Studio LP Albums only in BEA chart?</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=512106#512106</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=25454'&gt;Tap&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 04/24/2018 21:00&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          lol couldn't resist &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;Smile&quot;&gt;😄&lt;/span&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
but yeah live albums are great, my number 1 is a live album (shh no one tell rym)</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=512106#512106</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Tap</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Tue, 24 Apr 2018 17:00:45 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=512106#512106</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Studio LP Albums only in BEA chart?</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=512104#512104</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=18173'&gt;Romanelli&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 04/24/2018 20:41&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;Tap wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;unless its a 4 track 19 minute ep&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Well...yeah.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
 &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;Very Happy&quot;&gt;😁&lt;/span&gt;</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=512104#512104</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Romanelli</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Tue, 24 Apr 2018 16:41:58 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=512104#512104</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Studio LP Albums only in BEA chart?</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=512102#512102</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=25454'&gt;Tap&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 04/24/2018 20:38&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          unless its a 4 track 19 minute ep</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=512102#512102</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Tap</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Tue, 24 Apr 2018 16:38:43 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=512102#512102</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Studio LP Albums only in BEA chart?</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=512100#512100</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=18173'&gt;Romanelli&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 04/24/2018 20:36&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          You can have whatever you want in your chart. And anyone who says otherwise is simply wrong, closed minded and misguided.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=512100#512100</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Romanelli</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Tue, 24 Apr 2018 16:36:20 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=512100#512100</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Studio LP Albums only in BEA chart?</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=512087#512087</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=30745'&gt;SleepDealer&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 04/24/2018 20:06&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;Hayden wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;That Belle &amp; Sebastian release mentioned above could easily slip into my top 50 though, it's one of my all-time favs.&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
I'd never count it as a single record, after buying the individual EPs when they came out... &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
My personal favourite compilation is this one - even if it is a bit bloated:&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;img src=&quot;https://albumart.besteveralbums.com/albumart/album_large_13895_4e72ef5c69d94.jpg&quot; class=&quot;postimg&quot; /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;a href=&quot;https://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?a=13895&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot; rel=&quot;nofollow&quot; class=&quot;nav2&quot;&gt;Oscillons From The Anti-Sun by Stereolab&lt;/a&gt;</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=512087#512087</comments>
                            <dc:creator>SleepDealer</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Tue, 24 Apr 2018 16:06:35 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=512087#512087</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Studio LP Albums only in BEA chart?</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=512083#512083</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=42502'&gt;PurpleHazel&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 04/24/2018 19:58&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          When I first saw the thread title, I got nervous. Thought BEA might be considering separating studio and live albums the way RYM did.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
That's worse to me than separating original albums and compilations, but I'm against both.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
My biggest argument against separating studio and live albums is that live albums only have a stigma in rock and some other pop genres. Many jazz buffs believe jazz is best experienced live. Practically all jazz studio albums are recorded live in the studio, so the distance between studio and live albums is much shorter.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
My biggest single problem with excluding comps is that box sets are automatically considered comps on here, even when they're all completely unreleased material. Two of my favorite jazz albums are Miles' &lt;span style=&quot;font-style: italic&quot;&gt;The Complete Cellar Door Sessions&lt;/span&gt; (the live sets most of &lt;span style=&quot;font-style: italic&quot;&gt;Live-Evil&lt;/span&gt; is drawn from; the other sets are better than the ones used on &lt;span style=&quot;font-style: italic&quot;&gt;Live-Evil&lt;/span&gt;) and his &lt;span style=&quot;font-style: italic&quot;&gt;Live in Europe 1969: The Bootleg Series Vol. 2&lt;/span&gt;.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Also classic R&amp;B and blues recordings before the late 60s weren't intended to be album experiences, so that puts classic R&amp;B and Blues artists at a disadvantage on BEA, and the disadvantage would only be that much worse if comps were excluded. Of course, all recordings released before 1950 would be even more at a disadvantage than they already are. In my overall and decade charts, the only comps I allow (not counting those live Miles sets) are R&amp;B and Blues. In my yearly charts I have a small number of rock comps.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=512083#512083</comments>
                            <dc:creator>PurpleHazel</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Tue, 24 Apr 2018 15:58:23 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=512083#512083</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Studio LP Albums only in BEA chart?</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=512050#512050</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=18698'&gt;Hayden&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 04/24/2018 16:52&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;Mercury wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
Now, if I see something like the eagles greatest hits or even a best of from an artist I adore like if I see the Essential Bob Dylan, I may think &quot;come on man!&quot;, but those are a different kind of compilation in my view.&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Yeah, proper comps are totally cool. Various artists, rarities, tracks only previously released on 7&quot;, etc...&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Unless previously unreleased in any format, I think comps fit a bit better in overall/custom charts compared to decade/year (I'm not putting a blues anthology in my Best of 2009 list, no more how good it is). &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Currently the only comp in my top 100 is:&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;img src=&quot;https://albumart.besteveralbums.com/albumart/album_large_52462_52ae3ea0123ec.jpg&quot; class=&quot;postimg&quot; /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;a href=&quot;https://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?a=52462&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot; rel=&quot;nofollow&quot; class=&quot;nav2&quot;&gt;World Psychedelic Classics 5: Who Is William Onyeabor? by William Onyeabor&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Which I feel just makes sense.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
That Belle &amp; Sebastian release mentioned above could easily slip into my top 50 though, it's one of my all-time favs.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
EDIT: Technically Cross Paths is a comp, and that's also in my top 100.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=512050#512050</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Hayden</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Tue, 24 Apr 2018 12:52:45 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=512050#512050</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Studio LP Albums only in BEA chart?</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=512045#512045</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=25123'&gt;Mercury&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 04/24/2018 16:41&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          NOOOO! Compilations are great. I am not talking so much about &quot;greatest hits&quot; or &quot;best ofs&quot;. But a compilation? As in an album of music taken from various sessions or times put together into a CD or a box set? That sometimes is the best thing in a discography. I'm not talking the best thing to introduce you to an artist, but legitimately the best album or set in a discography. Sometimes its the only thing you can get from an artist. &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Obviously I am looking at this through the lens of my love for the blues. These are compilations (not best ofs particularly and certainl;y not greatest hits)&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;img src=&quot;https://albumart.besteveralbums.com/albumart/album_large_17675_4e45491abf319.jpg&quot; class=&quot;postimg&quot; /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;a href=&quot;https://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?a=17675&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot; rel=&quot;nofollow&quot; class=&quot;nav2&quot;&gt;The Complete Blind Willie Johnson by Blind Willie Johnson&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;img src=&quot;https://albumart.besteveralbums.com/albumart/album_large_5557_4e3fa3a81861e.jpg&quot; class=&quot;postimg&quot; /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;a href=&quot;https://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?a=5557&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot; rel=&quot;nofollow&quot; class=&quot;nav2&quot;&gt;The Pious Bird Of Good Omen by Fleetwood Mac&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;img src=&quot;https://albumart.besteveralbums.com/albumart/album_large_8765_4e28994e2f118.jpg&quot; class=&quot;postimg&quot; /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;a href=&quot;https://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?a=8765&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot; rel=&quot;nofollow&quot; class=&quot;nav2&quot;&gt;Push Barman To Open Old Wounds by Belle And Sebastian&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;img src=&quot;https://albumart.besteveralbums.com/albumart/album_large_237_4e533e7ee0e7d.jpg&quot; class=&quot;postimg&quot; /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;a href=&quot;https://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?a=237&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot; rel=&quot;nofollow&quot; class=&quot;nav2&quot;&gt;King Of The Delta Blues Singers by Robert Johnson&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;img src=&quot;https://albumart.besteveralbums.com/albumart/album_large_47987_54733df1d5e1a.jpg&quot; class=&quot;postimg&quot; /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;a href=&quot;https://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?a=47987&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot; rel=&quot;nofollow&quot; class=&quot;nav2&quot;&gt;Be Here To Love Me by Townes Van Zandt&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;img src=&quot;https://albumart.besteveralbums.com/albumart/album_large_56268_53042f53a3af4.jpg&quot; class=&quot;postimg&quot; /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;a href=&quot;https://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?a=56268&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot; rel=&quot;nofollow&quot; class=&quot;nav2&quot;&gt;The Complete Imperial Recordings by Albert Collins&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;img src=&quot;https://albumart.besteveralbums.com/albumart/album_large_46157_521d1068cf16c.jpg&quot; class=&quot;postimg&quot; /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;a href=&quot;https://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?a=46157&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot; rel=&quot;nofollow&quot; class=&quot;nav2&quot;&gt;The Bootleg Series Vol. 10: Another Self Portrait (1969-1971) by Bob Dylan&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
(and almost all of the bootleg series qualifies, even the live compilation of the Rolling Thunder Revue&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;img src=&quot;https://albumart.besteveralbums.com/albumart/album_large_2100_57017a273882c.jpg&quot; class=&quot;postimg&quot; /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;a href=&quot;https://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?a=2100&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot; rel=&quot;nofollow&quot; class=&quot;nav2&quot;&gt;The First Four Years by Black Flag&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
etc etc...&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
and those are all some of the greatest or the greatest thing available for those artists.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
So no I don't have a negative view of compilations and definitely not Live albums or compilations of live albums or live albums which essentially work as best ofs played live etc. They all are legit looks at the artist and present new looks at the artists. &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Now, if I see something like the eagles greatest hits or even a best of from an artist I adore like if I see the Essential Bob Dylan, I may think &quot;come on man!&quot;, but those are a different kind of compilation in my view.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=512045#512045</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Mercury</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Tue, 24 Apr 2018 12:41:03 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=512045#512045</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Studio LP Albums only in BEA chart?</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=512041#512041</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=29269'&gt;AAL2014&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 04/24/2018 16:23&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          A compilation has to be very meaningful to me before I consider putting it on my chart. I fell out of love with greatest hits albums a few years ago, although a few still hold a special place. &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
When it comes to live albums, I have a few in my main chart. I think a live album can be as important of a document of where a band was in their career and life as any studio LP can be. Live After Death by Iron Maiden and The Who's Live At Leeds being a couple that I return to more often than the majority of those band's respective studio records.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=512041#512041</comments>
                            <dc:creator>AAL2014</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Tue, 24 Apr 2018 12:23:08 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=512041#512041</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>No freaking way.</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=512024#512024</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=41038'&gt;glynspsa&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 04/24/2018 12:21&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          HELL NO! I often prefer Live music, especially in certain genres, I can't be the only one. I try not to put true compilations in my decades or overall chart but have no problem including them in my year charts, though i often downgrade them some for being compilations.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=512024#512024</comments>
                            <dc:creator>glynspsa</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Tue, 24 Apr 2018 08:21:31 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=512024#512024</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Studio LP Albums only in BEA chart?</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=512023#512023</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=-1'&gt;Anonymous&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 04/24/2018 12:04&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;Johnnyo wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;I don't put compilations or best of's in my charts but I do put live albums which, IMO, must be included in any chart of album releases, as long as they are good enough to get into the chart. So no, it shouldn't only be studio albums&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
I generally agree, although even though Smile Sessions is considered a compilation, it's in it's own category of unfinished studio LPs. It's a damn shame too</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=512023#512023</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Anonymous</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Tue, 24 Apr 2018 08:04:26 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=512023#512023</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Studio LP Albums only in BEA chart?</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=512020#512020</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=18361'&gt;Johnnyo&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 04/24/2018 11:46&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          I don't put compilations or best of's in my charts but I do put live albums which, IMO, must be included in any chart of album releases, as long as they are good enough to get into the chart. So no, it shouldn't only be studio albums</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=512020#512020</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Johnnyo</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Tue, 24 Apr 2018 07:46:35 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=512020#512020</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Studio LP Albums only in BEA chart?</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=512019#512019</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=27259'&gt;boyd94&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 04/24/2018 11:05&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          My personal rule about live albums is to avoid them unless the tracks are previously unrecorded for an LP or are sufficiently different from studio LP versions that they essentially constitute a new piece, evaluated on a case-by-case basis. &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Live albums by James Brown, Grateful Dead and the Allman Brothers, for example.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=512019#512019</comments>
                            <dc:creator>boyd94</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Tue, 24 Apr 2018 07:05:41 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=512019#512019</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Studio LP Albums only in BEA chart?</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=512017#512017</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=-1'&gt;Anonymous&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 04/24/2018 11:01&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;bobbyb5 wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt; I think I only have two or three eps in charts. And I try to restrict all the mix albums I have to the Year charts. Only a few mix albums are in my decade or overall top 100 charts.&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
I see you have a lot more charts than I do too, makes it harder if you were only limited to LPs.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=512017#512017</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Anonymous</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Tue, 24 Apr 2018 07:01:00 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=512017#512017</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Studio LP Albums only in BEA chart?</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=512016#512016</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=40052'&gt;bobbyb5&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 04/24/2018 10:44&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;lukem14 wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;Thanks, I changed the subject to match the poll. I can't seem to see how to change the poll.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
I think that's a good idea though. I've alway been strict on LPs only but I think I may branch out. There's some fantastic EPs I'd like to recognise&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
I think I only have two or three eps in charts. And I try to restrict all the mix albums I have to the Year charts. Only a few mix albums are in my decade or overall top 100 charts.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=512016#512016</comments>
                            <dc:creator>bobbyb5</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Tue, 24 Apr 2018 06:44:56 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=512016#512016</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Studio LP Albums only in BEA chart?</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=512015#512015</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=-1'&gt;Anonymous&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 04/24/2018 10:39&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Thanks, I changed the subject to match the poll. I can't seem to see how to change the poll.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
I think that's a good idea though. I've alway been strict on LPs only but I think I may branch out. There's some fantastic EPs I'd like to recognise</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=512015#512015</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Anonymous</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Tue, 24 Apr 2018 06:39:57 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=512015#512015</guid>
                          </item></channel></rss>