<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<rss version="2.0" xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/">
<channel>
  <title>Best Ever Albums</title>
  <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/index.php</link>
  <description>&quot;I get by with a little help from my friends&quot; - The Beatles</description>
  <language>en</language>
  <ttl>1</ttl>
<item>
                            <title>Re: Album of the day (#343): There's a Riot Goin' On</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=60808#60808</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=-1'&gt;Anonymous&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 10/21/2011 01:02&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Killer album. Definitley one of the best of the 70's. Not a bad tune....One day my favourite is Runnin' Away and then it's Luv 'n' Haight then its Poet. There all so good</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=60808#60808</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Anonymous</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Thu, 20 Oct 2011 21:02:22 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=60808#60808</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Album of the day (#343): There's a Riot Goin' On</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=60794#60794</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=18698'&gt;Hayden&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 10/20/2011 22:14&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;purple wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;my favorite album of the day yet&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
@Hayden, I can't explain it well. One reason might be the social commentary in the lyrics; another might be that most funk albums are sonically &quot;full&quot; with in your face riffs, while this is subdued and subtle and stark like funky post-rock; another might be that it's the most diverse funk album I've heard other than&lt;span style=&quot;font-weight: bold&quot;&gt; Miles Davis' On the Corner&lt;/span&gt;; another might be that it's just straight-up badass&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
I just listened to On The Corner for the first time yesterday, and it was fantastic!  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;Very Happy&quot;&gt;😁&lt;/span&gt;  Miles's 3rd best imo. (which doesn't sound like much, but I've heard about 1/3 of Davis's discography  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;Laughing&quot;&gt;🤣&lt;/span&gt; )&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
I might give the album another chance when the time's right. I do like Sly &amp; The Family Stone at some points, but I prefer P-F a lot more.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
On another note, I really like these conversations about the 'album of the day'  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;Smile&quot;&gt;😄&lt;/span&gt;  Sparks interest, knowledge and controversy on the forums.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=60794#60794</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Hayden</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Thu, 20 Oct 2011 18:14:56 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=60794#60794</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Album of the day (#343): There's a Riot Goin' On</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=60791#60791</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=-1'&gt;Anonymous&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 10/20/2011 21:55&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          my favorite album of the day yet&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
@Hayden, I can't explain it well. One reason might be the social commentary in the lyrics; another might be that most funk albums are sonically &quot;full&quot; with in your face riffs, while this is subdued and subtle and stark like funky post-rock; another might be that it's the most diverse funk album I've heard other than Miles Davis' On the Corner; another might be that it's just straight-up badass</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=60791#60791</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Anonymous</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Thu, 20 Oct 2011 17:55:54 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=60791#60791</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Album of the day (#343): There's a Riot Goin' On</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=60787#60787</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=15511'&gt;CellarDoor&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 10/20/2011 21:30&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          I like it  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;Smile&quot;&gt;😄&lt;/span&gt; &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Dark drug fuelled funk.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=60787#60787</comments>
                            <dc:creator>CellarDoor</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Thu, 20 Oct 2011 17:30:02 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=60787#60787</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Album of the day (#343): There's a Riot Goin' On</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=60772#60772</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=19528'&gt;Captain_Dude&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 10/20/2011 20:47&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          I like this album a lot...I just don't &lt;span style=&quot;font-style: italic&quot;&gt;love &lt;/span&gt;it.  It's more Sly and less of the &quot;Family&quot;...and that means it's less of the sound that I, personally, look forward to with Sly and the Family Stone albums.  I can definitely see where Sly wanted this album to go...more towards the sound that would later be best represented by the Ohio Players.  Although the blueprints for the future sound of funk were there, the sonic experience on this offering isn't as crisp and clear as the previous monster albums by Sly &amp; the Family.  It's a shame, too...they were damn good musicians.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=60772#60772</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Captain_Dude</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Thu, 20 Oct 2011 16:47:23 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=60772#60772</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Album of the day (#343): There's a Riot Goin' On</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=60771#60771</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=18698'&gt;Hayden&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 10/20/2011 20:43&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Can someone explain to me why critics like this album so much? It's always near the top spots, and it's really, imo, an average album&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
 &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;Confused&quot;&gt;😕&lt;/span&gt;</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=60771#60771</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Hayden</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Thu, 20 Oct 2011 16:43:43 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=60771#60771</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Album of the day (#343): There's a Riot Goin' On</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=60766#60766</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=29686'&gt;BestEverAlbums&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 10/20/2011 19:38&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;span style=&quot;font-weight: bold&quot;&gt;&lt;span style=&quot;text-decoration: underline&quot;&gt;Today's album of the day&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;span style=&quot;font-weight: bold&quot;&gt;There's a Riot Goin' On by Sly And The Family Stone&lt;/span&gt; (&lt;a href=&quot;http://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?a=254&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot; rel=&quot;nofollow&quot; class=&quot;nav2&quot;&gt;View album&lt;/a&gt;)&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Year: 1971.&lt;br /&gt;
Overall rank: 365.&lt;br /&gt;
Average rating: 81/100 (from 65 votes).&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;div class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;    &lt;img src=&quot;http://albumart.besteveralbums.com/albumart/album_large_254_4e54eb6d130b5.jpg&quot; class=&quot;postimg&quot; style=&quot;cursor:pointer;&quot;  onclick=&quot;window.open('http://albumart.besteveralbums.com/albumart/album_large_254_4e54eb6d130b5.jpg','imgpop','width=500,height=488,status=no,toolbar=no,menubar=no');return false&quot; /&gt;    &lt;span class=&quot;hidden-md hidden-lg&quot;&gt;&lt;small&gt;&lt;br&gt;&lt;i&gt;&lt;/i&gt;&lt;/small&gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/div&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;span style=&quot;font-weight: bold&quot;&gt;Tracks:&lt;/span&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
1. Luv N' Haight&lt;br /&gt;
2. Just Like a Baby&lt;br /&gt;
3. Poet&lt;br /&gt;
4. Family Affair&lt;br /&gt;
5. Africa Talks to You &lt;br /&gt;
6. There's a Riot Goin' On&lt;br /&gt;
7. Brave &amp; Strong&lt;br /&gt;
8. (You Caught Me) Smilin'&lt;br /&gt;
9. Time&lt;br /&gt;
10. Spaced Cowboy&lt;br /&gt;
11. Runnin' Away&lt;br /&gt;
12. Thank You for Talkin' to Me Africa&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;span class=&quot;forum-bbcode-font-size-9&quot; style=&quot;line-height: normal&quot;&gt;&lt;span style=&quot;font-weight: bold&quot;&gt;&lt;span style=&quot;font-style: italic&quot;&gt;About album of the day:&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/span&gt; The BestEverAlbums.com album of the day is the album appearing most prominently in member charts in the previous 24 hours. If an album has previously been selected within a x day period, the next highest album is picked instead (and so on) to ensure a bit of variety.&lt;/span&gt;</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=60766#60766</comments>
                            <dc:creator>BestEverAlbums</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Thu, 20 Oct 2011 15:38:37 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=60766#60766</guid>
                          </item></channel></rss>