<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<rss version="2.0" xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/">
<channel>
  <title>Best Ever Albums</title>
  <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/index.php</link>
  <description>&quot;I get by with a little help from my friends&quot; - The Beatles</description>
  <language>en</language>
  <ttl>1</ttl>
<item>
                            <title>Re: 2000s BST Rd1: Gas v Electrelane</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=564410#564410</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=35882'&gt;cestuneblague&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 10/20/2019 01:48&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;span style=&quot;font-weight: bold&quot;&gt;No gas in The Valley 9-7&lt;/span&gt;</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=564410#564410</comments>
                            <dc:creator>cestuneblague</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Sat, 19 Oct 2019 21:48:27 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=564410#564410</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: 2000s BST Rd1: Gas v Electrelane</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=564045#564045</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=41100'&gt;Luigii&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 10/16/2019 22:37&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;guzguzgarbit wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;Could anyone explain to me what's the deal with Gas ?  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;Think&quot;&gt;🤔&lt;/span&gt; &lt;br /&gt;
What makes him different from the hundreds of artists making pretty much the same kind of music? I feel like I'm missing something...&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
From someone who enjoys his work, I'd say with this track would be how it sounds repetitive on first but when you dig there are multiple layers of sound within his songs. Then the listener realizes that time has passed on by. Also I'd argue this comes from a moment of time. I would argue acts like Biosphere or Boards Of Canada had a sound that was similar but also different where Gas ends up being his own entity. Hell the only act that I could mistake for Gas would be the recent album from The Field. Also it was probably the technology that wasn't available that made this more revered.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
That is probably my two cents. But then again, it's fine. I mean I enjoy that acclaimed Biosphere album but not to the insane highs that record gets from its fans.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=564045#564045</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Luigii</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Wed, 16 Oct 2019 18:37:28 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=564045#564045</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: 2000s BST Rd1: Gas v Electrelane</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=564042#564042</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=31262'&gt;LedZep&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 10/16/2019 22:28&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          I love me some hypnotic and minimal electronica, but that Gas track would probably work better in album context. The Valleys has those vocal harmonies which were pretty cool, so I'm voting Electrelane</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=564042#564042</comments>
                            <dc:creator>LedZep</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Wed, 16 Oct 2019 18:28:00 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=564042#564042</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: 2000s BST Rd1: Gas v Electrelane</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=564020#564020</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=46231'&gt;guzguzgarbit&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 10/16/2019 18:29&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Could anyone explain to me what's the deal with Gas ?  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;Think&quot;&gt;🤔&lt;/span&gt; &lt;br /&gt;
What makes him different from the hundreds of artists making pretty much the same kind of music? I feel like I'm missing something...</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=564020#564020</comments>
                            <dc:creator>guzguzgarbit</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Wed, 16 Oct 2019 14:29:33 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=564020#564020</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: 2000s BST Rd1: Gas v Electrelane</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=563993#563993</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=-1'&gt;Anonymous&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 10/16/2019 12:42&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;RoundTheBend wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;I feel like I'm being asked which nut I want kicked, but actually just got kicked in both.&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
 &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;Laughing&quot;&gt;🤣&lt;/span&gt; &lt;br /&gt;
That's kind of how I felt tbh (apologies to the esteemed captains of these tracks!)</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=563993#563993</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Anonymous</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Wed, 16 Oct 2019 08:42:26 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=563993#563993</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: 2000s BST Rd1: Gas v Electrelane</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=563985#563985</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=32855'&gt;Purplepash&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 10/16/2019 11:24&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Electrelane was interesting enough to beat Gas.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=563985#563985</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Purplepash</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Wed, 16 Oct 2019 07:24:30 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=563985#563985</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: 2000s BST Rd1: Gas v Electrelane</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=563960#563960</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=17748'&gt;19loveless91&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 10/16/2019 08:50&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Odd matchup. The Gas track is intriguing enough that I kinda want to check that whole album. As CGD said, not sure if it really works as a standalone track. Not particularly thrilled by the other song.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=563960#563960</comments>
                            <dc:creator>19loveless91</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Wed, 16 Oct 2019 04:50:00 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=563960#563960</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: 2000s BST Rd1: Gas v Electrelane</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=563949#563949</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=35882'&gt;cestuneblague&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 10/16/2019 05:22&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Yeah Gas ist gut as always, but I don't know how this works as a stand-alone track, and Electrelane was always a solid if not all that interesting component of the post-punk new wave in the 00s, song is pretty good regardless... tough one, not too enthused either way</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=563949#563949</comments>
                            <dc:creator>cestuneblague</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Wed, 16 Oct 2019 01:22:47 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=563949#563949</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: 2000s BST Rd1: Gas v Electrelane</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=563918#563918</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=30141'&gt;Repo&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 10/15/2019 22:57&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Nice matchup! Love both these albums. Almost nominated me some Electrelane myself. One of the better indie rock bands from the 2000s!</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=563918#563918</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Repo</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Tue, 15 Oct 2019 18:57:57 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=563918#563918</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: 2000s BST Rd1: Gas v Electrelane</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=563907#563907</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=19428'&gt;RoundTheBend&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 10/15/2019 21:08&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          I feel like I'm being asked which nut I want kicked, but actually just got kicked in both. hehe... ok it's not that bad, but I would not choose to listen to either of these tracks. The vocal arrangement seems a bit amateur (like not a bad thing, just I expected better). As for GAS, while I respect the textures, if they could just do that but for like 3 minutes every time, I'd be more interested. I know that's the whole point, but damn... I want my 14 minutes back (I mean I almost got lost in it... so I'm sure it's me and I guess I could've skipped it at 3 minutes knowing that that's just how GAS/that style of music rolls).</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=563907#563907</comments>
                            <dc:creator>RoundTheBend</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Tue, 15 Oct 2019 17:08:49 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=563907#563907</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: 2000s BST Rd1: Gas v Electrelane</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=563900#563900</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=35611'&gt;dihansse&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 10/15/2019 20:48&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          None of the two were really my thing but I voted for Electrelane</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=563900#563900</comments>
                            <dc:creator>dihansse</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Tue, 15 Oct 2019 16:48:32 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=563900#563900</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: 2000s BST Rd1: Gas v Electrelane</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=563873#563873</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=39268'&gt;Fischman&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 10/15/2019 19:18&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          I actually liked both these very unique and unusual entries quite a bit.  After hearing Gas first, I was looking forward to voting for it.  But then Electrelane won me over with the great vocal arrangements.  Good stuff all 'round.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=563873#563873</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Fischman</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Tue, 15 Oct 2019 15:18:40 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=563873#563873</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: 2000s BST Rd1: Gas v Electrelane</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=563865#563865</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=18698'&gt;Hayden&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 10/15/2019 19:01&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Gas, I guess... but it's a damn weird choice for a singles tournament.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=563865#563865</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Hayden</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Tue, 15 Oct 2019 15:01:44 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=563865#563865</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: 2000s BST Rd1: Gas v Electrelane</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=563858#563858</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=-1'&gt;Anonymous&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 10/15/2019 18:47&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Eh, not a great match up for me. Went with Electrolene as there just didn't seem a whole lot going on in Gas. Maybe I'm just being basic but I don't really get that minimalist shit  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;Confused&quot;&gt;😕&lt;/span&gt;</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=563858#563858</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Anonymous</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Tue, 15 Oct 2019 14:47:17 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=563858#563858</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>2000s BST Rd1: Gas v Electrelane</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=563852#563852</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=35882'&gt;cestuneblague&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 10/15/2019 18:07&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;span style=&quot;font-weight: bold&quot;&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;forum-bbcode-font-size-18&quot; style=&quot;line-height: normal&quot;&gt;GAS- Untitled #7&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;iframe class=&quot;forum-youtube&quot; src=&quot;https://www.youtube.com/embed/Xh-wc2-Sr7s?autoplay=0&amp;controls=1&amp;fs=1&quot; frame allow=&quot;accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture&quot; webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen&gt;&lt;/iframe&gt;&lt;br&gt;&lt;a href=&quot;https://youtube.com/watch?v=Xh-wc2-Sr7s&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot;&gt;Link&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Repping: Koln, Germany&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;span style=&quot;font-weight: bold&quot;&gt;Captain: Brun027&lt;/span&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;div class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;    &lt;img src=&quot;https://quantocustaviajar.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/corcovado-cristo-redentor-4.jpg&quot; class=&quot;postimg&quot; style=&quot;cursor:pointer;&quot; width=&quot;500&quot; onclick=&quot;window.open('https://quantocustaviajar.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/corcovado-cristo-redentor-4.jpg','imgpop','width=960,height=540,status=no,toolbar=no,menubar=no');return false&quot; /&gt;    &lt;span class=&quot;hidden-md hidden-lg&quot;&gt;&lt;small&gt;&lt;br&gt;&lt;i&gt;Thumbnail. Click to enlarge.&lt;/i&gt;&lt;/small&gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/div&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
VS&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;span class=&quot;forum-bbcode-font-size-18&quot; style=&quot;line-height: normal&quot;&gt;&lt;span style=&quot;font-weight: bold&quot;&gt;Electrelane- The Valleys&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;iframe class=&quot;forum-youtube&quot; src=&quot;https://www.youtube.com/embed/wkTBrqU7Mas?autoplay=0&amp;controls=1&amp;fs=1&quot; frame allow=&quot;accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture&quot; webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen&gt;&lt;/iframe&gt;&lt;br&gt;&lt;a href=&quot;https://youtube.com/watch?v=wkTBrqU7Mas&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot;&gt;Link&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Repping: Brighton, England&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;span style=&quot;font-weight: bold&quot;&gt;Captain: LIttleM1971&lt;/span&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;div class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;    &lt;img src=&quot;https://cdn.fodors.com/ee/files/slideshows/11826/best-of-brighton-hero.jpg&quot; class=&quot;postimg&quot; style=&quot;cursor:pointer;&quot; width=&quot;500&quot; onclick=&quot;window.open('https://cdn.fodors.com/ee/files/slideshows/11826/best-of-brighton-hero.jpg','imgpop','width=655,height=430,status=no,toolbar=no,menubar=no');return false&quot; /&gt;    &lt;span class=&quot;hidden-md hidden-lg&quot;&gt;&lt;small&gt;&lt;br&gt;&lt;i&gt;Thumbnail. Click to enlarge.&lt;/i&gt;&lt;/small&gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/div&gt;</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=563852#563852</comments>
                            <dc:creator>cestuneblague</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Tue, 15 Oct 2019 14:07:10 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=563852#563852</guid>
                          </item></channel></rss>