<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<rss version="2.0" xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/">
<channel>
  <title>Best Ever Albums</title>
  <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/index.php</link>
  <description>&quot;I get by with a little help from my friends&quot; - The Beatles</description>
  <language>en</language>
  <ttl>1</ttl>
<item>
                            <title>Re: 2 Things I have noticed about the overall chart today</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=65303#65303</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=18911'&gt;Necharsian&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 11/16/2011 20:31&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;19loveless91 wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;&quot;Not your cup of tea&quot; or &quot;personal preference&quot;, isn't that the same thing? I'm not saying that you can be objective in music, but if most people &quot;personally prefer&quot; a certain album (as seems to be the case with Is this it) than I guess it's hard to call this kind of album bad, even if you think otherwise.&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Yeah, I was referring to you saying &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;19loveless91 wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;When an album is both critically very acclaimed + also popular with the general public, the reason a person doesn't like it is most likely that it just isn't his cup of tea&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt; rather than saying all music is that way. It doesn't matter if it's critically acclaimed or not, it's always personal preferance that determines what is good or bad to someone.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
I guess I just hate when someone brings an album's critical acclaim into a debate about why an album should be considered great. I couldn't care less about what other people say about an album.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=65303#65303</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Necharsian</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Wed, 16 Nov 2011 15:31:08 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=65303#65303</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: 2 Things I have noticed about the overall chart today</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=65226#65226</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=-1'&gt;Anonymous&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 11/16/2011 14:23&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;19loveless91 wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Not all glowing reviews, but it's still pretty much universally acclaimed, there aren't many newer (10 years and younger) albums with reviews like that. It's hard to explain why Is This It stands out for me. As I said before, despite the fact I recognize that it's derivative and not exactly original, I still manage to replay it all the time without getting bored. I mean, there is an album like Back in Black (not exactly the same genre, but close enough), which is also acclaimed all around (critics, sales, BEA too) but mostly just bores the hell out of me. I don't what the exact difference is for me, but even though both albums sound like a lot other stuff, with AC/DC this makes it boring for me, while with The Strokes this doesn't even bother me at all.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
I agree that commercial success and the critics aren't to be relied upon, but it's rare that you have an acclaim of that sorts.&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
well, then I guess thats that? I don't think much more can be said on either side of this...so I think I'll stop before we start really going in circles &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;Cool&quot;&gt;😎&lt;/span&gt; &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
of course I'm no fan of Back in Black either, so I guess I'm just doomed to be a horrible snob...&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
I re-listened to Is This It and moved its rating up from 55 to 65, so I still think its average buts not as average as I initially thought.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=65226#65226</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Anonymous</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Wed, 16 Nov 2011 09:23:42 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=65226#65226</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: 2 Things I have noticed about the overall chart today</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=65196#65196</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=20402'&gt;Facetious&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 11/16/2011 10:14&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;mooseboy101 wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;itsit wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;Is This It is a masterpiece compared to Trout Mask Replica.&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
 &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;d&amp;apos;oh!&quot;&gt;🤡&lt;/span&gt;  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;d&amp;apos;oh!&quot;&gt;🤡&lt;/span&gt;  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;d&amp;apos;oh!&quot;&gt;🤡&lt;/span&gt;  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;d&amp;apos;oh!&quot;&gt;🤡&lt;/span&gt;  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;d&amp;apos;oh!&quot;&gt;🤡&lt;/span&gt;  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;d&amp;apos;oh!&quot;&gt;🤡&lt;/span&gt;  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;d&amp;apos;oh!&quot;&gt;🤡&lt;/span&gt;  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;d&amp;apos;oh!&quot;&gt;🤡&lt;/span&gt;  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;d&amp;apos;oh!&quot;&gt;🤡&lt;/span&gt;  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;d&amp;apos;oh!&quot;&gt;🤡&lt;/span&gt;  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;d&amp;apos;oh!&quot;&gt;🤡&lt;/span&gt;  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;d&amp;apos;oh!&quot;&gt;🤡&lt;/span&gt;  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;d&amp;apos;oh!&quot;&gt;🤡&lt;/span&gt;  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;d&amp;apos;oh!&quot;&gt;🤡&lt;/span&gt;  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;d&amp;apos;oh!&quot;&gt;🤡&lt;/span&gt;  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;d&amp;apos;oh!&quot;&gt;🤡&lt;/span&gt;  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;d&amp;apos;oh!&quot;&gt;🤡&lt;/span&gt;  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;d&amp;apos;oh!&quot;&gt;🤡&lt;/span&gt;  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;d&amp;apos;oh!&quot;&gt;🤡&lt;/span&gt;  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;d&amp;apos;oh!&quot;&gt;🤡&lt;/span&gt;  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;d&amp;apos;oh!&quot;&gt;🤡&lt;/span&gt;  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;d&amp;apos;oh!&quot;&gt;🤡&lt;/span&gt; &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
I can not use this emoticon enough&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Thanks for posting the message that I was gonna post. (And I mean this for &quot;mooseboy101&quot;)</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=65196#65196</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Facetious</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Wed, 16 Nov 2011 05:14:24 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=65196#65196</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: 2 Things I have noticed about the overall chart today</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=65153#65153</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=17748'&gt;19loveless91&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 11/16/2011 06:12&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;Yourselfisntsteam wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;19loveless91 wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;Yourselfisntsteam wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;mooseboy101 wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;itsit wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;Is This It is a masterpiece compared to Trout Mask Replica.&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
 &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;d&amp;apos;oh!&quot;&gt;🤡&lt;/span&gt;  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;d&amp;apos;oh!&quot;&gt;🤡&lt;/span&gt;  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;d&amp;apos;oh!&quot;&gt;🤡&lt;/span&gt;  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;d&amp;apos;oh!&quot;&gt;🤡&lt;/span&gt;  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;d&amp;apos;oh!&quot;&gt;🤡&lt;/span&gt;  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;d&amp;apos;oh!&quot;&gt;🤡&lt;/span&gt;  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;d&amp;apos;oh!&quot;&gt;🤡&lt;/span&gt;  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;d&amp;apos;oh!&quot;&gt;🤡&lt;/span&gt;  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;d&amp;apos;oh!&quot;&gt;🤡&lt;/span&gt;  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;d&amp;apos;oh!&quot;&gt;🤡&lt;/span&gt;  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;d&amp;apos;oh!&quot;&gt;🤡&lt;/span&gt;  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;d&amp;apos;oh!&quot;&gt;🤡&lt;/span&gt;  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;d&amp;apos;oh!&quot;&gt;🤡&lt;/span&gt;  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;d&amp;apos;oh!&quot;&gt;🤡&lt;/span&gt;  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;d&amp;apos;oh!&quot;&gt;🤡&lt;/span&gt;  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;d&amp;apos;oh!&quot;&gt;🤡&lt;/span&gt;  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;d&amp;apos;oh!&quot;&gt;🤡&lt;/span&gt;  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;d&amp;apos;oh!&quot;&gt;🤡&lt;/span&gt;  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;d&amp;apos;oh!&quot;&gt;🤡&lt;/span&gt;  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;d&amp;apos;oh!&quot;&gt;🤡&lt;/span&gt;  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;d&amp;apos;oh!&quot;&gt;🤡&lt;/span&gt;  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;d&amp;apos;oh!&quot;&gt;🤡&lt;/span&gt; &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
I can not use this emoticon enough&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Thank you. &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;Very Happy&quot;&gt;😁&lt;/span&gt; &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
I ask again: what makes Is This It more important (on anything other than the level of subjective preference) than any of the other thousands (and thousands) of albums released each year (before and after) that use the &lt;span style=&quot;font-weight: bold&quot;&gt;same basic chords, basic guitar bass vocal arrangements, same 4/4 time verse chorus structure, same general melodic ideas (there is a reason composers  started making atonal music- all seemingly possible melodies have already been written) same simple rhythms&lt;/span&gt;, other than the fact that it was Lucky enough to receive press and marketing hype???? :-k&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
The fact that it was still able to stand out among the crowd. And yes, in my opinion The Strokes do stand out. I replayed this album an incredible amount of times, and I'm still not bored off it, not even in the slightest.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
IMO it's harder to make an album that uses the structures and ideas that have been basically already flogged to death, and STILL have universal critical appeal + commercial success, than to do a &quot;weird-as-fuck&quot; album that would attract attention simply for being weird as fuck.&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Hey, I like your responce &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;Very Happy&quot;&gt;😁&lt;/span&gt; &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
There are albums on my list that could be argued are equally guilty of the crimes I'm accusing the strokes of, I'm just trying find find a way of logically validating my opinions.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Still: I see commercial success as meaning absolutely nothing, IMO any album is capable of achieving commercial success given the right marketing scheme: for example Faust's (and they often are weird as shit) 3rd album The Faust Tapes (a 40 minute sound collage) was so sold for the price of a single in the UK, and sure enough it sold way way better than their previous albums and was even a minor success!!&lt;br /&gt;
I find that any half-decent album that gets enough press or hype behind it will usually get good reviews from critics, So I don't fully trust critics.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Also check the Is This It reviews on Metacritic, Not all are completely glowing (though I think all positive) but the album was not completely &quot;universally&quot; acclaimed&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
In what way do you think Is this it stands out from the crowd?&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Not all glowing reviews, but it's still pretty much universally acclaimed, there aren't many newer (10 years and younger) albums with reviews like that. It's hard to explain why Is This It stands out for me. As I said before, despite the fact I recognize that it's derivative and not exactly original, I still manage to replay it all the time without getting bored. I mean, there is an album like Back in Black (not exactly the same genre, but close enough), which is also acclaimed all around (critics, sales, BEA too) but mostly just bores the hell out of me. I don't what the exact difference is for me, but even though both albums sound like a lot other stuff, with AC/DC this makes it boring for me, while with The Strokes this doesn't even bother me at all.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
I agree that commercial success and the critics aren't to be relied upon, but it's rare that you have an acclaim of that sorts.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=65153#65153</comments>
                            <dc:creator>19loveless91</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Wed, 16 Nov 2011 01:12:21 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=65153#65153</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: 2 Things I have noticed about the overall chart today</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=65151#65151</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=17748'&gt;19loveless91&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 11/16/2011 06:02&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;Necharsian wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;19loveless91 wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;Cartoken made a good point. &lt;span style=&quot;font-weight: bold&quot;&gt;When an album is both critically very acclaimed + also popular with the general public, the reason a person doesn't like it is most likely that it just isn't his cup of tea&lt;/span&gt;, or that he searches for different things in music (eg hairymarx). &lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
That's stupid. The reason someone doesn't like &lt;span style=&quot;font-style: italic&quot;&gt;any&lt;/span&gt; kind of music is because of personal preferance. Don't limit it to critically acclaimed music.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
What makes Is This It a better album than Bringing Down the Horse by The Wallflowers? &lt;br /&gt;
Answer: Nothing. Personal opinion determines everything in regards to music and what's good/bad to a specific person. NOT how many people think it's great. Influence, shminfluence. Trying to be &quot;objective&quot; in regards to musical &quot;greatness&quot; is just plain dumb.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&quot;Not your cup of tea&quot; or &quot;personal preference&quot;, isn't that the same thing? I'm not saying that you can be objective in music, but if most people &quot;personally prefer&quot; a certain album (as seems to be the case with Is this it) than I guess it's hard to call this kind of album bad, even if you think otherwise. &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;Quote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;Why are people so scared to admit something that they don't like is bad? Rather than saying &quot;hmm.. it's just not my cup of tea.&quot; God. Grow some balls.&lt;br /&gt;
I think Is This It is bad. If you disagree, than that's fine. You can have opinions too. Just stop trying to validate it's greatness by saying &quot;but... but... other people like it, so you must wrong!&quot;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
Well every album has fans and haters (and in between). I thought the point of sites like BEA or RYM was to determine (2 different ways in each site) which albums have more fans (vs haters) than others - and by that see which of the albums are &quot;the best&quot;. I mean, yeah Is this it is a bad album &lt;span style=&quot;font-style: italic&quot;&gt;for you&lt;/span&gt;, as I dunno, VU's White Light/White Heat is a bad album &lt;span style=&quot;font-style: italic&quot;&gt;for me&lt;/span&gt;, but for most of the others it ain't.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=65151#65151</comments>
                            <dc:creator>19loveless91</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Wed, 16 Nov 2011 01:02:47 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=65151#65151</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: 2 Things I have noticed about the overall chart today</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=65118#65118</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=-1'&gt;Anonymous&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 11/16/2011 03:23&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Its not that I consciously think &quot;oooh this album uses the same ideas structures as others therefore I'm not allowed to enjoy this&quot;, its more &quot;oh god not a I-Iv-V progression again!!!&quot; -insert-facepalm-here&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Its like having to read the millionth book using a metaphor like &quot;the wind was howling&quot;&lt;br /&gt;
or another horror movie where you can predict exactly when the monster will jump out at you&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
and no I'm no expert on theory- very basic knowledge&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
 Tv on the Radio's Return to cookie Mountain is #4 on my chart and underneath its crazy arrangements and genre juxtapositions are very basic songs, Eels electro Shock blues is very simple, but I like how it fits with the lyrics to create something powerful- So I do look over these things If an album personally appeals to me in some way.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
But I do honestly have trouble enjoying an album which appears to similar in musical structure to others and doesn't have appeal in any other way&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
I do draw a distinction between &quot;this album sucks&quot; and &quot;this album isn't my cup of tea&quot;&lt;br /&gt;
If I can't justify my dislike of something I admit it (ie, I just don't get the stooges fun house)&lt;br /&gt;
If I feel I can to an extent try to back up my opinions with reason I do feel I can say an album is bad (or in the strokes case: average)&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
an argument against myself: I once read that Bach was criticized for being a musical conservative during his time&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
this post was supposed to be short and concise, damn.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=65118#65118</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Anonymous</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Tue, 15 Nov 2011 22:23:21 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=65118#65118</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: 2 Things I have noticed about the overall chart today</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=65107#65107</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=19178'&gt;nrs182&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 11/16/2011 03:03&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          I think relevance and influence is crucial only in music history and stuff, not that much in how good an album can be. An album might be the same old thing, sace chords, same structures, same melodies, same timing, same whatever and still be awesome like Is This It. &lt;br /&gt;
I, personally, like it very much, is not the best one i've heard, but still is going to be in my chart, and I don't really know why, I just enjoy it a lot. And i have to give it credit because even thought it is the same old stuff with a great potential of sucking, it doesnt, it rocks. It makes the same sound different and thats something.&lt;br /&gt;
IMO one should choose a favorite album because the enjoyment, the connection you establish with it, the place where it takes you, and that is why it's personal opinion. &lt;br /&gt;
I think people haven't learned the difference between &quot;I hate that record&quot; and &quot;that record sucks&quot;. For example I really hate Kid A, but i do know it doesn't sucks, it's just definetely not for me. IMO saying Is This It sucks its wrong, maybe it's not for you. It works the same the other way around with the difference between &quot;I love that record&quot; to &quot;That record is the best&quot;. This doesnt means you still can have your saying and decide what sucks or what doesnt, my point is people usually dont think carefully when using these sentences. &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
ps. My grammar might have sucked, I'm not american, I apologize.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=65107#65107</comments>
                            <dc:creator>nrs182</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Tue, 15 Nov 2011 22:03:21 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=65107#65107</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: 2 Things I have noticed about the overall chart today</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=65071#65071</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=-1'&gt;Anonymous&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 11/16/2011 00:41&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;19loveless91 wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;Yourselfisntsteam wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;mooseboy101 wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;itsit wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;Is This It is a masterpiece compared to Trout Mask Replica.&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
 &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;d&amp;apos;oh!&quot;&gt;🤡&lt;/span&gt;  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;d&amp;apos;oh!&quot;&gt;🤡&lt;/span&gt;  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;d&amp;apos;oh!&quot;&gt;🤡&lt;/span&gt;  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;d&amp;apos;oh!&quot;&gt;🤡&lt;/span&gt;  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;d&amp;apos;oh!&quot;&gt;🤡&lt;/span&gt;  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;d&amp;apos;oh!&quot;&gt;🤡&lt;/span&gt;  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;d&amp;apos;oh!&quot;&gt;🤡&lt;/span&gt;  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;d&amp;apos;oh!&quot;&gt;🤡&lt;/span&gt;  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;d&amp;apos;oh!&quot;&gt;🤡&lt;/span&gt;  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;d&amp;apos;oh!&quot;&gt;🤡&lt;/span&gt;  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;d&amp;apos;oh!&quot;&gt;🤡&lt;/span&gt;  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;d&amp;apos;oh!&quot;&gt;🤡&lt;/span&gt;  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;d&amp;apos;oh!&quot;&gt;🤡&lt;/span&gt;  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;d&amp;apos;oh!&quot;&gt;🤡&lt;/span&gt;  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;d&amp;apos;oh!&quot;&gt;🤡&lt;/span&gt;  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;d&amp;apos;oh!&quot;&gt;🤡&lt;/span&gt;  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;d&amp;apos;oh!&quot;&gt;🤡&lt;/span&gt;  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;d&amp;apos;oh!&quot;&gt;🤡&lt;/span&gt;  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;d&amp;apos;oh!&quot;&gt;🤡&lt;/span&gt;  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;d&amp;apos;oh!&quot;&gt;🤡&lt;/span&gt;  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;d&amp;apos;oh!&quot;&gt;🤡&lt;/span&gt;  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;d&amp;apos;oh!&quot;&gt;🤡&lt;/span&gt; &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
I can not use this emoticon enough&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Thank you. &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;Very Happy&quot;&gt;😁&lt;/span&gt; &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
I ask again: what makes Is This It more important (on anything other than the level of subjective preference) than any of the other thousands (and thousands) of albums released each year (before and after) that use the &lt;span style=&quot;font-weight: bold&quot;&gt;same basic chords, basic guitar bass vocal arrangements, same 4/4 time verse chorus structure, same general melodic ideas (there is a reason composers  started making atonal music- all seemingly possible melodies have already been written) same simple rhythms&lt;/span&gt;, other than the fact that it was Lucky enough to receive press and marketing hype???? :-k&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
The fact that it was still able to stand out among the crowd. And yes, in my opinion The Strokes do stand out. I replayed this album an incredible amount of times, and I'm still not bored off it, not even in the slightest.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
IMO it's harder to make an album that uses the structures and ideas that have been basically already flogged to death, and STILL have universal critical appeal + commercial success, than to do a &quot;weird-as-fuck&quot; album that would attract attention simply for being weird as fuck.&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Hey, I like your responce &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;Very Happy&quot;&gt;😁&lt;/span&gt; &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
There are albums on my list that could be argued are equally guilty of the crimes I'm accusing the strokes of, I'm just trying find find a way of logically validating my opinions.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Still: I see commercial success as meaning absolutely nothing, IMO any album is capable of achieving commercial success given the right marketing scheme: for example Faust's (and they often are weird as shit) 3rd album The Faust Tapes (a 40 minute sound collage) was so sold for the price of a single in the UK, and sure enough it sold way way better than their previous albums and was even a minor success!!&lt;br /&gt;
I find that any half-decent album that gets enough press or hype behind it will usually get good reviews from critics, So I don't fully trust critics.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Also check the Is This It reviews on Metacritic, Not all are completely glowing (though I think all positive) but the album was not completely &quot;universally&quot; acclaimed&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
In what way do you think Is this it stands out from the crowd?</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=65071#65071</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Anonymous</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Tue, 15 Nov 2011 19:41:51 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=65071#65071</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: 2 Things I have noticed about the overall chart today</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=65035#65035</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=18911'&gt;Necharsian&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 11/15/2011 22:03&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;19loveless91 wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;Cartoken made a good point. &lt;span style=&quot;font-weight: bold&quot;&gt;When an album is both critically very acclaimed + also popular with the general public, the reason a person doesn't like it is most likely that it just isn't his cup of tea&lt;/span&gt;, or that he searches for different things in music (eg hairymarx). &lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
That's stupid. The reason someone doesn't like &lt;span style=&quot;font-style: italic&quot;&gt;any&lt;/span&gt; kind of music is because of personal preferance. Don't limit it to critically acclaimed music.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
What makes Is This It a better album than Bringing Down the Horse by The Wallflowers? &lt;br /&gt;
Answer: Nothing. Personal opinion determines everything in regards to music and what's good/bad to a specific person. NOT how many people think it's great. Influence, shminfluence. Trying to be &quot;objective&quot; in regards to musical &quot;greatness&quot; is just plain dumb.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Why are people so scared to admit something that they don't like is bad? Rather than saying &quot;hmm.. it's just not my cup of tea.&quot; God. Grow some balls.&lt;br /&gt;
I think Is This It is bad. If you disagree, than that's fine. You can have opinions too. Just stop trying to validate it's greatness by saying &quot;but... but... other people like it, so you must wrong!&quot;</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=65035#65035</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Necharsian</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Tue, 15 Nov 2011 17:03:21 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=65035#65035</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: 2 Things I have noticed about the overall chart today</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=65024#65024</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=17748'&gt;19loveless91&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 11/15/2011 21:11&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;Yourselfisntsteam wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;mooseboy101 wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;itsit wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;Is This It is a masterpiece compared to Trout Mask Replica.&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
 &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;d&amp;apos;oh!&quot;&gt;🤡&lt;/span&gt;  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;d&amp;apos;oh!&quot;&gt;🤡&lt;/span&gt;  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;d&amp;apos;oh!&quot;&gt;🤡&lt;/span&gt;  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;d&amp;apos;oh!&quot;&gt;🤡&lt;/span&gt;  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;d&amp;apos;oh!&quot;&gt;🤡&lt;/span&gt;  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;d&amp;apos;oh!&quot;&gt;🤡&lt;/span&gt;  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;d&amp;apos;oh!&quot;&gt;🤡&lt;/span&gt;  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;d&amp;apos;oh!&quot;&gt;🤡&lt;/span&gt;  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;d&amp;apos;oh!&quot;&gt;🤡&lt;/span&gt;  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;d&amp;apos;oh!&quot;&gt;🤡&lt;/span&gt;  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;d&amp;apos;oh!&quot;&gt;🤡&lt;/span&gt;  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;d&amp;apos;oh!&quot;&gt;🤡&lt;/span&gt;  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;d&amp;apos;oh!&quot;&gt;🤡&lt;/span&gt;  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;d&amp;apos;oh!&quot;&gt;🤡&lt;/span&gt;  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;d&amp;apos;oh!&quot;&gt;🤡&lt;/span&gt;  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;d&amp;apos;oh!&quot;&gt;🤡&lt;/span&gt;  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;d&amp;apos;oh!&quot;&gt;🤡&lt;/span&gt;  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;d&amp;apos;oh!&quot;&gt;🤡&lt;/span&gt;  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;d&amp;apos;oh!&quot;&gt;🤡&lt;/span&gt;  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;d&amp;apos;oh!&quot;&gt;🤡&lt;/span&gt;  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;d&amp;apos;oh!&quot;&gt;🤡&lt;/span&gt;  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;d&amp;apos;oh!&quot;&gt;🤡&lt;/span&gt; &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
I can not use this emoticon enough&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Thank you. &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;Very Happy&quot;&gt;😁&lt;/span&gt; &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
I ask again: what makes Is This It more important (on anything other than the level of subjective preference) than any of the other thousands (and thousands) of albums released each year (before and after) that use the &lt;span style=&quot;font-weight: bold&quot;&gt;same basic chords, basic guitar bass vocal arrangements, same 4/4 time verse chorus structure, same general melodic ideas (there is a reason composers  started making atonal music- all seemingly possible melodies have already been written) same simple rhythms&lt;/span&gt;, other than the fact that it was Lucky enough to receive press and marketing hype???? :-k&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
The fact that it was still able to stand out among the crowd. And yes, in my opinion The Strokes do stand out. I replayed this album an incredible amount of times, and I'm still not bored off it, not even in the slightest.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
IMO it's harder to make an album that uses the structures and ideas that have been basically already flogged to death, and STILL have universal critical appeal + commercial success, than to do a &quot;weird-as-fuck&quot; album that would attract attention simply for being weird as fuck.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;span class=&quot;forum-bbcode-font-size-9&quot; style=&quot;line-height: normal&quot;&gt;do your worst&lt;/span&gt;</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=65024#65024</comments>
                            <dc:creator>19loveless91</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Tue, 15 Nov 2011 16:11:19 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=65024#65024</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: 2 Things I have noticed about the overall chart today</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=65018#65018</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=-1'&gt;Anonymous&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 11/15/2011 20:40&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;mooseboy101 wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;itsit wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;Is This It is a masterpiece compared to Trout Mask Replica.&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
 &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;d&amp;apos;oh!&quot;&gt;🤡&lt;/span&gt;  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;d&amp;apos;oh!&quot;&gt;🤡&lt;/span&gt;  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;d&amp;apos;oh!&quot;&gt;🤡&lt;/span&gt;  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;d&amp;apos;oh!&quot;&gt;🤡&lt;/span&gt;  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;d&amp;apos;oh!&quot;&gt;🤡&lt;/span&gt;  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;d&amp;apos;oh!&quot;&gt;🤡&lt;/span&gt;  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;d&amp;apos;oh!&quot;&gt;🤡&lt;/span&gt;  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;d&amp;apos;oh!&quot;&gt;🤡&lt;/span&gt;  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;d&amp;apos;oh!&quot;&gt;🤡&lt;/span&gt;  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;d&amp;apos;oh!&quot;&gt;🤡&lt;/span&gt;  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;d&amp;apos;oh!&quot;&gt;🤡&lt;/span&gt;  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;d&amp;apos;oh!&quot;&gt;🤡&lt;/span&gt;  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;d&amp;apos;oh!&quot;&gt;🤡&lt;/span&gt;  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;d&amp;apos;oh!&quot;&gt;🤡&lt;/span&gt;  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;d&amp;apos;oh!&quot;&gt;🤡&lt;/span&gt;  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;d&amp;apos;oh!&quot;&gt;🤡&lt;/span&gt;  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;d&amp;apos;oh!&quot;&gt;🤡&lt;/span&gt;  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;d&amp;apos;oh!&quot;&gt;🤡&lt;/span&gt;  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;d&amp;apos;oh!&quot;&gt;🤡&lt;/span&gt;  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;d&amp;apos;oh!&quot;&gt;🤡&lt;/span&gt;  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;d&amp;apos;oh!&quot;&gt;🤡&lt;/span&gt;  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;d&amp;apos;oh!&quot;&gt;🤡&lt;/span&gt; &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
I can not use this emoticon enough&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Thank you. &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;Very Happy&quot;&gt;😁&lt;/span&gt; &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
I ask again: what makes Is This It more important (on anything other than the level of subjective preference) than any of the other thousands (and thousands) of albums released each year (before and after) that use the same basic chords, basic guitar bass vocal arrangements, same 4/4 time verse chorus structure, same general melodic ideas (there is a reason composers  started making atonal music- all seemingly possible melodies have already been written) same simple rhythms, other than the fact that it was Lucky enough to receive press and marketing hype???? &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;Think&quot;&gt;🤔&lt;/span&gt;</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=65018#65018</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Anonymous</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Tue, 15 Nov 2011 15:40:16 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=65018#65018</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: 2 Things I have noticed about the overall chart today</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=65011#65011</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=19074'&gt;alelsupreme&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 11/15/2011 19:33&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          facepalm all you like. I don't, and never have, liked trout mask replica.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=65011#65011</comments>
                            <dc:creator>alelsupreme</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Tue, 15 Nov 2011 14:33:34 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=65011#65011</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: 2 Things I have noticed about the overall chart today</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=65009#65009</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=17749'&gt;mooseboy101&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 11/15/2011 19:31&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;itsit wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;Is This It is a masterpiece compared to Trout Mask Replica.&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
 &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;d&amp;apos;oh!&quot;&gt;🤡&lt;/span&gt;  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;d&amp;apos;oh!&quot;&gt;🤡&lt;/span&gt;  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;d&amp;apos;oh!&quot;&gt;🤡&lt;/span&gt;  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;d&amp;apos;oh!&quot;&gt;🤡&lt;/span&gt;  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;d&amp;apos;oh!&quot;&gt;🤡&lt;/span&gt;  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;d&amp;apos;oh!&quot;&gt;🤡&lt;/span&gt;  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;d&amp;apos;oh!&quot;&gt;🤡&lt;/span&gt;  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;d&amp;apos;oh!&quot;&gt;🤡&lt;/span&gt;  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;d&amp;apos;oh!&quot;&gt;🤡&lt;/span&gt;  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;d&amp;apos;oh!&quot;&gt;🤡&lt;/span&gt;  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;d&amp;apos;oh!&quot;&gt;🤡&lt;/span&gt;  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;d&amp;apos;oh!&quot;&gt;🤡&lt;/span&gt;  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;d&amp;apos;oh!&quot;&gt;🤡&lt;/span&gt;  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;d&amp;apos;oh!&quot;&gt;🤡&lt;/span&gt;  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;d&amp;apos;oh!&quot;&gt;🤡&lt;/span&gt;  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;d&amp;apos;oh!&quot;&gt;🤡&lt;/span&gt;  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;d&amp;apos;oh!&quot;&gt;🤡&lt;/span&gt;  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;d&amp;apos;oh!&quot;&gt;🤡&lt;/span&gt;  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;d&amp;apos;oh!&quot;&gt;🤡&lt;/span&gt;  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;d&amp;apos;oh!&quot;&gt;🤡&lt;/span&gt;  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;d&amp;apos;oh!&quot;&gt;🤡&lt;/span&gt;  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;d&amp;apos;oh!&quot;&gt;🤡&lt;/span&gt; &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
I can not use this emoticon enough</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=65009#65009</comments>
                            <dc:creator>mooseboy101</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Tue, 15 Nov 2011 14:31:09 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=65009#65009</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: 2 Things I have noticed about the overall chart today</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=65007#65007</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=15897'&gt;Boogn1sh&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 11/15/2011 18:52&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Maybe I was just the right age when it came out (15) but I loved and still love Is This It.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=65007#65007</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Boogn1sh</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Tue, 15 Nov 2011 13:52:25 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=65007#65007</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: 2 Things I have noticed about the overall chart today</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=64990#64990</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=19074'&gt;alelsupreme&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 11/15/2011 17:05&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Is This It is a masterpiece compared to Trout Mask Replica.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=64990#64990</comments>
                            <dc:creator>alelsupreme</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Tue, 15 Nov 2011 12:05:46 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=64990#64990</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: 2 Things I have noticed about the overall chart today</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=64942#64942</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=20402'&gt;Facetious&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 11/15/2011 10:00&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;joyofdivision wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;Talking about pooh, I know which one I'd rather listen to (the first one is about as enjoyable as a cowpat milkshake)&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;iframe class=&quot;forum-youtube&quot; src=&quot;https://www.youtube.com/embed/lZuX8mZVCX8?autoplay=0&amp;controls=1&amp;fs=1&quot; frame allow=&quot;accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture&quot; webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen&gt;&lt;/iframe&gt;&lt;br&gt;&lt;a href=&quot;https://youtube.com/watch?v=lZuX8mZVCX8&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot;&gt;Link&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;iframe class=&quot;forum-youtube&quot; src=&quot;https://www.youtube.com/embed/Cdzv4aKDu60?autoplay=0&amp;controls=1&amp;fs=1&quot; frame allow=&quot;accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture&quot; webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen&gt;&lt;/iframe&gt;&lt;br&gt;&lt;a href=&quot;https://youtube.com/watch?v=Cdzv4aKDu60&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot;&gt;Link&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
 &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;Shocked&quot;&gt;😲&lt;/span&gt; Do you mean to tell me that the second one is better?   &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;Not talking&quot;&gt;🤐&lt;/span&gt;  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;Shame on you&quot;&gt;🫵&lt;/span&gt;</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=64942#64942</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Facetious</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Tue, 15 Nov 2011 05:00:49 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=64942#64942</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: 2 Things I have noticed about the overall chart today</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=64903#64903</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=19055'&gt;Xavygravy&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 11/15/2011 07:08&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;jbarajas wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;wow i think everyone has commented on this... and it hasn't turned into a crazy off topic mess!... i think this is a first!   &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;Applause&quot;&gt;ðŸ'�&lt;/span&gt;  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;Applause&quot;&gt;ðŸ'�&lt;/span&gt;  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;Applause&quot;&gt;ðŸ'�&lt;/span&gt; &lt;br /&gt;
who knew the strokes would be so polarizing  :-k&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
1) It's definitely off-topic. The only way it's on-topic is it's related to music.&lt;br /&gt;
2) What do you mean by 'polarizing' and why do you use it in every comment  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;Laughing&quot;&gt;🤣&lt;/span&gt;</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=64903#64903</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Xavygravy</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Tue, 15 Nov 2011 02:08:33 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=64903#64903</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: 2 Things I have noticed about the overall chart today</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=64890#64890</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=17880'&gt;jbarajas&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 11/15/2011 06:44&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          wow i think everyone has commented on this... and it hasn't turned into a crazy off topic mess!... i think this is a first!   &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;Applause&quot;&gt;ðŸ'�&lt;/span&gt;  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;Applause&quot;&gt;ðŸ'�&lt;/span&gt;  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;Applause&quot;&gt;ðŸ'�&lt;/span&gt; &lt;br /&gt;
who knew the strokes would be so polarizing  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;Think&quot;&gt;🤔&lt;/span&gt;</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=64890#64890</comments>
                            <dc:creator>jbarajas</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Tue, 15 Nov 2011 01:44:37 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=64890#64890</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: 2 Things I have noticed about the overall chart today</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=64874#64874</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=19055'&gt;Xavygravy&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 11/15/2011 06:13&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;19loveless91 wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;How do you explain a universal critical acclaim of an album when it is released? When they have no idea of knowing what its influence will be. Is This It is an album that in my view is exactly the opposite of what you described it - pure listening pleasure as opposed to its originality or I'd even say influence. Sgt. Pepper was groundbreaking in the world of pop probably, but it sure as hell wouldn't be as successful if it also wasn't a great &quot;listening experience&quot;. What you describe relates to the albums that would for example be found on hairymarx chart, albums that are original, innovative, also influental, and as such praised by critics, but rarely commercially successful, basically due to being somewhat &quot;hard to listen to&quot;.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Cartoken made a good point. When an album is both critically very acclaimed + also popular with the general public, the reason a person doesn't like it is most likely that it just isn't his cup of tea, or that he searches for different things in music (eg hairymarx). &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
I agree about the standout tracks though. When there is one or maybe a few, the critics willl often overlook some weaker moments on an album.&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
I kind of agree that critical acclaim AND innovation/influence/popularity do combine to make a truly great album.&lt;br /&gt;
But I used Sgt. Pepper and Is This It because they are prime examples of &quot;a couple of standout great tracks - now let's ignore the filler!&quot;-type albums (imo), which makes critical acclaim kind of irrelevant (more of a guideline than a factor in the 'equation').&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
If there was to be an equation for album 'greatness', it would be Listening Experience (subjective) + Innovation/Influence/Popularity/other (objective). The reason that wouldn't work though, is because there's no way to work out whether one should be weighted more than the other (or at least, I can't think of anything), so it would turn out to be almost completely subjective (as different people would weigh each factor differently). It would be interesting to see a kind of system where people rate for influence and listening experience, and then users can change the weighting to how they see fit, and the overall ranking would dynamically change.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Now we're off-topic.  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;Rolling Eyes&quot;&gt;🙄&lt;/span&gt;</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=64874#64874</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Xavygravy</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Tue, 15 Nov 2011 01:13:12 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=64874#64874</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: 2 Things I have noticed about the overall chart today</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=64872#64872</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=-1'&gt;Anonymous&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 11/15/2011 06:11&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          I'm just jumping into this so I don't know everything that's been said, but I think that when an album is first released it's critical score is based on listenability, the range of influences it incorporates, and it's innovation. As an album ages, critics tend to take it's influence into account and perhaps place this criteria (aged innovation if you will) above the previously mentioned three.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
As far as the Strokes' influence, I don't think the music itself is very influential (perhaps it did make people remember the pop perfection of Loaded) but the production style of Is This It? is highly influential. The most prominent example I can think of is hearing the &quot;Stokes-like&quot; voice recording in Kanye West's recent 'Gorgeous'</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=64872#64872</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Anonymous</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Tue, 15 Nov 2011 01:11:27 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=64872#64872</guid>
                          </item></channel></rss>