<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<rss version="2.0" xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/">
<channel>
  <title>Best Ever Albums</title>
  <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/index.php</link>
  <description>&quot;I get by with a little help from my friends&quot; - The Beatles</description>
  <language>en</language>
  <ttl>1</ttl>
<item>
                            <title>Re: It's Dilla Time</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=672484#672484</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=29810'&gt;Skinny&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 03/24/2023 22:07&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Let me freak the funk, obsolete is the punk who speaks more junk than Sanford sell.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Fun fact: Sanford was called Steptoe here.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=672484#672484</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Skinny</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Fri, 24 Mar 2023 18:07:37 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=672484#672484</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: It's Dilla Time</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=672483#672483</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=29810'&gt;Skinny&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 03/24/2023 22:02&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          ‘Drop’ - the backwards-playing sample is insane. The drums swing like no-one else’s. It’s playful and melancholy at the same time. It feels of the future, and yet completely lived in. A Jetsons sofa of a best.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=672483#672483</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Skinny</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Fri, 24 Mar 2023 18:02:13 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=672483#672483</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: It's Dilla Time</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=672379#672379</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=18698'&gt;Hayden&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 03/24/2023 02:09&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Thought about picking this up myself.&lt;br /&gt;
(Neat website too)&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
I'll get around with some contributions for the thread— I had a pretty good Donuts write-up from like... 6 years ago. See if I can find it somewhere. I've always had a fair bit of thoughts on Dilla. I missed him when he was alive, in his prime, etc— only started to know who he was around 2010 or so— but he definitely influenced how I use my ears (not just in studio/producing, etc— listening too).&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
As far as your query— &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;Quote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;What is the most &quot;Dilla&quot; song to you?&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;—my answer is&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;iframe class=&quot;forum-youtube&quot; src=&quot;https://www.youtube.com/embed/rcbd-r1xC2o?autoplay=0&amp;controls=1&amp;fs=1&quot; frame allow=&quot;accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture&quot; webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen&gt;&lt;/iframe&gt;&lt;br&gt;&lt;a href=&quot;https://youtube.com/watch?v=rcbd-r1xC2o&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot;&gt;Link&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
For me, it's proof of how he transcended what hip-hop was at the time. It's &lt;span style=&quot;font-style: italic&quot;&gt;devastating&lt;/span&gt;. &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;span class=&quot;forum-bbcode-font-size-9&quot; style=&quot;line-height: normal&quot;&gt;(The complexity of the 'proof-I-don't-need-an-MC' Two Can't Win lands a close second)&lt;br /&gt;
(+ I've been spinning The Light a lot recently— it's probably in the mix too)&lt;/span&gt;</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=672379#672379</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Hayden</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Thu, 23 Mar 2023 22:09:56 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=672379#672379</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>It's Dilla Time</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=672377#672377</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=40684'&gt;Tha1ChiefRocka&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 03/24/2023 01:40&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          I started reading this book a few days ago.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Dilla Time&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;a href=&quot;https://dillati.me/&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot; rel=&quot;nofollow&quot;&gt;https://dillati.me/&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
In short, the book is about J Dilla, the producer's producer, and what makes his music special.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&quot;Dilla Time&quot;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Not straight time. Not swing time. But &quot;Dilla Time&quot;.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
It's a bit hard to explain, but those that already know probably have an idea, of what the &quot;Dilla sound&quot; is.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
My mind has been reeling, because after beginning to read this, and watching a few videos on the subject, it feels like I've been listening to the music for the first time again.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Here's one of the videos. &lt;a href=&quot;https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raywI_VvmT4&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot; rel=&quot;nofollow&quot;&gt;https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raywI_VvmT4&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Anyways, my question is this:&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
What is the most &quot;Dilla&quot; song to you? If you had to choose a song to define Dilla's sound to somebody else, what song would you choose? Why?</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=672377#672377</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Tha1ChiefRocka</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Thu, 23 Mar 2023 21:40:00 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=672377#672377</guid>
                          </item></channel></rss>