<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<rss version="2.0" xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/">
<channel>
  <title>Best Ever Albums</title>
  <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/index.php</link>
  <description>&quot;I get by with a little help from my friends&quot; - The Beatles</description>
  <language>en</language>
  <ttl>1</ttl>
<item>
                            <title>Re: 2025 Academy Awards</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=724608#724608</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=18698'&gt;Hayden&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 03/04/2025 01:45&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          I thought it was fine. Not great, but yeah. Happy Anora swept. Would've never happened 10 years ago. It's my favourite film of the year, and my favourite BP winner since Parasite. Having Baker go from Slamdance to Cannes to cleaning out the Oscars is such a ride. I was finally able to watch Take Out recently (one of his lower budget early works, and probably the best film I've ever seen within that budget range)— it's a fantastic legit indie/DIY film. Easy rec if you haven't seen it. Empty-pocket grit slurped from Styrofoam. &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Shoulder-to-shoulder with Disney now for most wins in a single night. Dude did it.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
And yeah, I know people are complaining about Brody's speech, but Ducol &amp; Camille was leagues cringier. Mikey and Kieren's were great.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=724608#724608</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Hayden</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Mon, 3 Mar 2025 20:45:04 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=724608#724608</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: 2025 Academy Awards</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=724604#724604</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=26195'&gt;EyeKanFly&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 03/04/2025 01:12&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;CA Dreamin wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;There are many things to be said but I'll start by saying 'thank you' to the Academy for scrapping the song performances. That was always the worst part of the show, and the last thing I wanted was to hear anything from Emilia Perez performed live. And kudos to Conan for being a good host.&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
I disagree about that always being the worst part, however I'll agree that the songs were incredibly weak this year and it was a good call to cut the live performances. Clément Ducol and Camille really had to get a few notes in though during their speech, ugh.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Other than that and Brody's speech, I thought it was a solid ceremony, better than others in recent years despite the film slate being weaker.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=724604#724604</comments>
                            <dc:creator>EyeKanFly</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Mon, 3 Mar 2025 20:12:53 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=724604#724604</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: 2025 Academy Awards</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=724566#724566</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=30183'&gt;CA Dreamin&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 03/03/2025 17:19&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          There are many things to be said but I'll start by saying 'thank you' to the Academy for scrapping the song performances. That was always the worst part of the show, and the last thing I wanted was to hear anything from Emilia Perez performed live. And kudos to Conan for being a good host.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=724566#724566</comments>
                            <dc:creator>CA Dreamin</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Mon, 3 Mar 2025 12:19:49 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=724566#724566</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: 2025 Academy Awards</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=724490#724490</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=18698'&gt;Hayden&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 03/02/2025 18:49&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;BozoTyrannus wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;Watched the Animated and Live Action shorts yesterday and have a breakdown:&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
The Last Ranger 10/10&lt;br /&gt;
Wander to Wonder 9.5/10&lt;br /&gt;
Anuja 9/10&lt;br /&gt;
In the Shadow of the Cypress 8/10&lt;br /&gt;
Man Who Could Not Remain Silent 8/10&lt;br /&gt;
I'm Not a Robot 7/10&lt;br /&gt;
Magic Candies 6/10&lt;br /&gt;
A Lien 5/10&lt;br /&gt;
Yuck! 4/10&lt;br /&gt;
Beautiful Men 1/10&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Interesting, thanks Bozo— I've yet to see any  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;Sad&quot;&gt;🙁&lt;/span&gt;  (hopefully soon).&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
I think the two big shocks tonight will be Chalamet for Actor and Eisenberg for writing, but, being said, there's still a solid 5-6 major categories that don't have a clear outcome. It'll be fun.  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;Smile&quot;&gt;😄&lt;/span&gt;</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=724490#724490</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Hayden</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Sun, 2 Mar 2025 13:49:24 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=724490#724490</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: 2025 Academy Awards</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=724470#724470</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=50515'&gt;BozoTyrannus&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 03/02/2025 14:17&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Watched the Animated and Live Action shorts yesterday and have a breakdown:&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
The Last Ranger 10/10&lt;br /&gt;
Wander to Wonder 9.5/10&lt;br /&gt;
Anuja 9/10&lt;br /&gt;
In the Shadow of the Cypress 8/10&lt;br /&gt;
Man Who Could Not Remain Silent 8/10&lt;br /&gt;
I'm Not a Robot 7/10&lt;br /&gt;
Magic Candies 6/10&lt;br /&gt;
A Lien 5/10&lt;br /&gt;
Yuck! 4/10&lt;br /&gt;
Beautiful Men 1/10</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=724470#724470</comments>
                            <dc:creator>BozoTyrannus</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Sun, 2 Mar 2025 09:17:54 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=724470#724470</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: 2025 Academy Awards</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=724469#724469</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=50515'&gt;BozoTyrannus&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 03/02/2025 14:16&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;CA Dreamin wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;Coppola himself would agree, and he called out Razzies and the movie industry&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
I don't think you can reasonably call Coppola's response &quot;calling out the Razzies&quot; when he posted his acceptance speech on Instagram in conjunction with the Razzies account. Seems to me like he's taking it in good humor and choosing to dwell on the positive side of people acknowledging Megalopolis is unique and not in line with most other movies being made now.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Props as well to Zachary Levi taking his nomination in good humor. I always appreciate it when people can accept praise and criticism in equal strokes.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=724469#724469</comments>
                            <dc:creator>BozoTyrannus</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Sun, 2 Mar 2025 09:16:09 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=724469#724469</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: 2025 Academy Awards</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=724349#724349</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=18698'&gt;Hayden&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 03/01/2025 02:33&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;CA Dreamin wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;Hayden wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;I could give it a shot, but it won't be perfect.&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;Doesn't need to be perfect. I'd still like to see it if you have time.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;div class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;    &lt;img src=&quot;https://i.imgur.com/LmFgnrQ.png&quot; class=&quot;postimg&quot; style=&quot;cursor:pointer;&quot; width=&quot;500&quot; onclick=&quot;window.open('https://i.imgur.com/LmFgnrQ.png','imgpop','width=1640,height=664,status=no,toolbar=no,menubar=no');return false&quot; /&gt;    &lt;span class=&quot;hidden-md hidden-lg&quot;&gt;&lt;small&gt;&lt;br&gt;&lt;i&gt;Thumbnail. Click to enlarge.&lt;/i&gt;&lt;/small&gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/div&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Sorry CA— I made it shortly after the idea came up and completely forgot to post it. &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
I don't have the glow anywhere near right, but it's an attempt. Will try again.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
EDIT: (a bit better?)&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;div class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;    &lt;img src=&quot;https://i.imgur.com/9ca8elD.png&quot; class=&quot;postimg&quot; style=&quot;cursor:pointer;&quot; width=&quot;500&quot; onclick=&quot;window.open('https://i.imgur.com/9ca8elD.png','imgpop','width=1640,height=664,status=no,toolbar=no,menubar=no');return false&quot; /&gt;    &lt;span class=&quot;hidden-md hidden-lg&quot;&gt;&lt;small&gt;&lt;br&gt;&lt;i&gt;Thumbnail. Click to enlarge.&lt;/i&gt;&lt;/small&gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/div&gt;</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=724349#724349</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Hayden</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Fri, 28 Feb 2025 21:33:08 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=724349#724349</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: 2025 Academy Awards</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=724348#724348</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=30183'&gt;CA Dreamin&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 03/01/2025 02:04&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;Hayden wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;I could give it a shot, but it won't be perfect.&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;Doesn't need to be perfect. I'd still like to see it if you have time.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Anyway, the Razzies were announced today, an awards show I used to get a chuckle out of until recent years when they've made some very poor decisions. One notable decision was naming Blonde Worst Picture two years ago, a problematic film that was at least trying to be good. This year, they went after the great Francis Ford Coppola, naming him Worst Director for his failed Megalopolis. The Razzies are either trying too hard to be funny and/or trying too hard to be clickbait. Eh, good luck with that, cause they're not succeeding much at either. While I haven't seen Megalopolis, I know at the very least it tried to be good, which I think has more value than a movie that doesn't try to be anything more than a quick cash-grab. Coppola himself would agree, and he called out Razzies and the movie industry: &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;Francis Ford Coppola wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;I am thrilled to accept the Razzie award in so many important categories for @megalopolisfilm, and for the distinctive honor of being nominated as the worst director, worst screenplay, and worst picture at a time when so few have the courage to go against the prevailing trends of contemporary moviemaking!&lt;br /&gt;
 &lt;br /&gt;
In this wreck of a world today, where ART is given scores as if it were professional wrestling, I chose to NOT follow the gutless rules laid down by an industry so terrified of risk that despite the enormous pool of young talent at its disposal, may not create pictures that will be relevant and alive 50 years from now.  &lt;br /&gt;
 &lt;br /&gt;
What an honor to stand alongside a great and courageous filmmaker like Jacques Tati who impoverished himself completely to make one of cinema’s most beloved failures, PLAYTIME! My sincere thanks to all my brilliant colleagues who joined me to make our work of art, MEGALOPOLIS, and let us remind ourselves us that box-office is only about money, and like war, stupidity and politics has no true place in our future.&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;Such an honest response, while also funnier than Razzies themselves. Thanks Francis.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
No doubt, Francis is seeking attention as well. Not many Razzie winners have used it as a platform to make a speech. And he also compared himself to Jacques Tati. While it is true Coppola spent over $100M of his own money to make Megalopolis, he has not 'impoverished himself.' His business and royalties and still make him a very rich man. Furthermore, he's suggesting Megalopolis might be as beloved as Playtime in the future, a film I didn't know was a failure at first. Only time will tell. Has anyone seen Megalopolis?</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=724348#724348</comments>
                            <dc:creator>CA Dreamin</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Fri, 28 Feb 2025 21:04:49 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=724348#724348</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: 2025 Academy Awards</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=723871#723871</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=18698'&gt;Hayden&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 02/24/2025 03:33&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;CA Dreamin wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;I wanted to fully replicate the look of Anora's lettering, but I couldn't find the online tools to give it that wonderful red and white glow. If anyone could create that, that'd be great!&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
I did notice, and I did appreciate  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;Cool&quot;&gt;😎&lt;/span&gt; &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
As far as that effect goes, you'd need a black-on-black overlay with a white(ish) stroke backed with a red glow. It's a bit of an illusion, but the actual font wouldn't be red at all. Something &lt;a href=&quot;https://www.adobe.com/ca/learn/illustrator/web/create-neon-text&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot; rel=&quot;nofollow&quot; class=&quot;nav2&quot;&gt;like this&lt;/a&gt; would work. The official graphic has a few more details on it too (almost looks like actual legit neon). Gaps in the frame, etc. It was a really smart choice— I think it suits this film far moreso than his previous. Feels one-in-one. Like the font should now be called Anora.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;div class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;    &lt;img src=&quot;https://i.ytimg.com/vi/8m6UrWMl18M/maxresdefault.jpg&quot; class=&quot;postimg&quot; style=&quot;cursor:pointer;&quot; width=&quot;500&quot; onclick=&quot;window.open('https://i.ytimg.com/vi/8m6UrWMl18M/maxresdefault.jpg','imgpop','width=1280,height=720,status=no,toolbar=no,menubar=no');return false&quot; /&gt;    &lt;span class=&quot;hidden-md hidden-lg&quot;&gt;&lt;small&gt;&lt;br&gt;&lt;i&gt;Thumbnail. Click to enlarge.&lt;/i&gt;&lt;/small&gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/div&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
I could give it a shot, but it won't be perfect.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=723871#723871</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Hayden</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Sun, 23 Feb 2025 22:33:39 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=723871#723871</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: 2025 Academy Awards</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=723870#723870</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=18698'&gt;Hayden&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 02/24/2025 03:20&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;AgainstMeAgainstYou wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;I had Chalamet up until BAFTA. I feel like he hasn't really taken anything major and Brody's just been cleaning up. It's a shame as ACU is imo his best performance to date...but Brody is the performance of the year period for me.&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;Quote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;Anywho. SAG Awards are tonight. I think they'll spell out everything we need.&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;span class=&quot;forum-bbcode-font-size-24&quot; style=&quot;line-height: normal&quot;&gt;WELL WELL WELL&lt;/span&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
We've gotta race.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=723870#723870</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Hayden</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Sun, 23 Feb 2025 22:20:52 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=723870#723870</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: 2025 Academy Awards</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=723848#723848</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=30183'&gt;CA Dreamin&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 02/23/2025 22:03&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;Hayden wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;CA Dreamin wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;Hayden wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;Hoping this can maybe segue into our 2024 film poll&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;If this thread does segue into the 2024 poll, I made a quick banner for fun a few nights ago:&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;div class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;    &lt;img src=&quot;https://i.imgur.com/JVnQJcB.jpeg&quot; class=&quot;postimg&quot; style=&quot;cursor:pointer;&quot; width=&quot;500&quot; onclick=&quot;window.open('https://i.imgur.com/JVnQJcB.jpeg','imgpop','width=960,height=540,status=no,toolbar=no,menubar=no');return false&quot; /&gt;    &lt;span class=&quot;hidden-md hidden-lg&quot;&gt;&lt;small&gt;&lt;br&gt;&lt;i&gt;Thumbnail. Click to enlarge.&lt;/i&gt;&lt;/small&gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/div&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
I think it's a good start. Maybe some fine-tuning. What do you all think?&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
I'd replace Deadpool/Wolverine with maybe the characters from The Wild Robot or The Substance add the cat from Flow resting somewhere, and maybe add Feathers McGraw somewhere, and add a U to favourite, but otherwise  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;Mr. Green&quot;&gt;😁&lt;/span&gt; — I'll use it.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
EDIT: Should note, I was planning on using Challengers for the title card anyway. A shot like this or something similar on the court.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;div class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;    &lt;img src=&quot;https://miro.medium.com/v2/resize:fit:1400/1*fIN5-GbAY5hlVWTNnl9rTQ.png&quot; class=&quot;postimg&quot; style=&quot;cursor:pointer;&quot; width=&quot;500&quot; onclick=&quot;window.open('https://miro.medium.com/v2/resize:fit:1400/1*fIN5-GbAY5hlVWTNnl9rTQ.png','imgpop','width=1224,height=610,status=no,toolbar=no,menubar=no');return false&quot; /&gt;    &lt;span class=&quot;hidden-md hidden-lg&quot;&gt;&lt;small&gt;&lt;br&gt;&lt;i&gt;Thumbnail. Click to enlarge.&lt;/i&gt;&lt;/small&gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/div&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;Ha, we both thought of Challengers for the banner, sometimes our minds think alike. That is a really good still from the movie. I wanted a Challengers-centered banner, and when I realized a tennis court made a good collage template, it all fell into place. But yeah, I could decorate a little more. The cat from Flow is a good idea, or at least something from the animated world. The Substance, too. They could go in the top-left and top-right corners. I don't want to crowd it too much though, cause it should remain clear that it's a tennis court. I'm sorry but I think Deadpool and Wolverine should stay. I didn't personally like the movie, but it made $1.3 billion, an amazing feat for an R-rated film. Can't ignore the popularity. Favorite or favourite...eh, they're both correct but easy fix. Lastly, the font. You may have noticed I used the font from Anora (which is actually the same font on every Baker film since Tangerine). I wanted to fully replicate the look of Anora's lettering, but I couldn't find the online tools to give it that wonderful red and white glow. If anyone could create that, that'd be great!</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=723848#723848</comments>
                            <dc:creator>CA Dreamin</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Sun, 23 Feb 2025 17:03:31 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=723848#723848</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: 2025 Academy Awards</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=723813#723813</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=18698'&gt;Hayden&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 02/23/2025 17:22&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;AgainstMeAgainstYou wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;I had Chalamet up until BAFTA. I feel like he hasn't really taken anything major and Brody's just been cleaning up. It's a shame as ACU is imo his best performance to date...but Brody is the performance of the year period for me.&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
That's definitely a factor. Brody's been getting everything, and it's a worthy performance, but I still think Chalamet's... umm... 'not-having-an-Oscar-already' factor could play into things. I'm not saying I think he'll win though, I'm still going Brody, but maybe a... 70% vs 30% sort of thing. Nobody else has a chance.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Also, as much as Culkin's completely sweeping, I'm surprised he &lt;span style=&quot;font-style: italic&quot;&gt;is&lt;/span&gt;. I think the category should be much tighter than it's proving to be. &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Anywho. SAG Awards are tonight. I think they'll spell out everything we need.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=723813#723813</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Hayden</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Sun, 23 Feb 2025 12:22:11 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=723813#723813</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: 2025 Academy Awards</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=723811#723811</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=18698'&gt;Hayden&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 02/23/2025 17:17&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;CA Dreamin wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;Hayden wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;Hoping this can maybe segue into our 2024 film poll&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;If this thread does segue into the 2024 poll, I made a quick banner for fun a few nights ago:&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;div class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;    &lt;img src=&quot;https://i.imgur.com/JVnQJcB.jpeg&quot; class=&quot;postimg&quot; style=&quot;cursor:pointer;&quot; width=&quot;500&quot; onclick=&quot;window.open('https://i.imgur.com/JVnQJcB.jpeg','imgpop','width=960,height=540,status=no,toolbar=no,menubar=no');return false&quot; /&gt;    &lt;span class=&quot;hidden-md hidden-lg&quot;&gt;&lt;small&gt;&lt;br&gt;&lt;i&gt;Thumbnail. Click to enlarge.&lt;/i&gt;&lt;/small&gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/div&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
I think it's a good start. Maybe some fine-tuning. What do you all think?&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
I'd replace Deadpool/Wolverine with maybe the characters from The Wild Robot or The Substance add the cat from Flow resting somewhere, and maybe add Feathers McGraw somewhere, and add a U to favourite, but otherwise  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;Mr. Green&quot;&gt;😁&lt;/span&gt; — I'll use it.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
EDIT: Should note, I was planning on using Challengers for the title card anyway. A shot like this or something similar on the court.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;div class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;    &lt;img src=&quot;https://miro.medium.com/v2/resize:fit:1400/1*fIN5-GbAY5hlVWTNnl9rTQ.png&quot; class=&quot;postimg&quot; style=&quot;cursor:pointer;&quot; width=&quot;500&quot; onclick=&quot;window.open('https://miro.medium.com/v2/resize:fit:1400/1*fIN5-GbAY5hlVWTNnl9rTQ.png','imgpop','width=1224,height=610,status=no,toolbar=no,menubar=no');return false&quot; /&gt;    &lt;span class=&quot;hidden-md hidden-lg&quot;&gt;&lt;small&gt;&lt;br&gt;&lt;i&gt;Thumbnail. Click to enlarge.&lt;/i&gt;&lt;/small&gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/div&gt;</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=723811#723811</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Hayden</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Sun, 23 Feb 2025 12:17:07 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=723811#723811</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: 2025 Academy Awards</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=723809#723809</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=30183'&gt;CA Dreamin&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 02/23/2025 17:11&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;Hayden wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;Hoping this can maybe segue into our 2024 film poll&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;If this thread does segue into the 2024 poll, I made a quick banner for fun a few nights ago:&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;div class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;    &lt;img src=&quot;https://i.imgur.com/JVnQJcB.jpeg&quot; class=&quot;postimg&quot; style=&quot;cursor:pointer;&quot; width=&quot;500&quot; onclick=&quot;window.open('https://i.imgur.com/JVnQJcB.jpeg','imgpop','width=960,height=540,status=no,toolbar=no,menubar=no');return false&quot; /&gt;    &lt;span class=&quot;hidden-md hidden-lg&quot;&gt;&lt;small&gt;&lt;br&gt;&lt;i&gt;Thumbnail. Click to enlarge.&lt;/i&gt;&lt;/small&gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/div&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
I think it's a good start. Maybe some fine-tuning. What do you all think?</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=723809#723809</comments>
                            <dc:creator>CA Dreamin</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Sun, 23 Feb 2025 12:11:57 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=723809#723809</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: 2025 Academy Awards</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=723773#723773</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=21620'&gt;AgainstMeAgainstYou&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 02/23/2025 01:56&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;Hayden wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;Actor: &lt;span style=&quot;font-weight: bold&quot;&gt;Brody&lt;/span&gt; (but don't be overly surprised if Chalamet pulls an upset here)&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
I had Chalamet up until BAFTA. I feel like he hasn't really taken anything major and Brody's just been cleaning up. It's a shame as ACU is imo his best performance to date...but Brody is the performance of the year period for me.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=723773#723773</comments>
                            <dc:creator>AgainstMeAgainstYou</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Sat, 22 Feb 2025 20:56:00 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=723773#723773</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: 2025 Academy Awards</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=723574#723574</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=18698'&gt;Hayden&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 02/20/2025 23:22&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;CA Dreamin wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;13 nominations, how many will it win?&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
1 or 2. It'll land support actress, and I'm going to give it 80%+ chance of best original song.  Unfortunately. &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Some of Saldana's fellow nominees are worthy too, course, but I think Margaret Qualley would have made a better choice than perhaps anyone else. Usha Seamkhum in How to Make Millions Before Grandma Dies was also excellent, but most likely not campaigned even a smidgen. &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Original song is just a mess. Really sad one of those nominees is going to win  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;Laughing&quot;&gt;🤣&lt;/span&gt; &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
It'll be shut out of everything else though. My predictions—&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Best Picture: &lt;span style=&quot;font-weight: bold&quot;&gt;Anora&lt;/span&gt; (keep mind, this is a RACE— way tighter than any year in recent memory— I think 4-5 films have a legit chance)&lt;br /&gt;
Best Director: &lt;span style=&quot;font-weight: bold&quot;&gt;Corbet&lt;/span&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
Actress: &lt;span style=&quot;font-weight: bold&quot;&gt;Moore&lt;/span&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
Actor: &lt;span style=&quot;font-weight: bold&quot;&gt;Brody&lt;/span&gt; (but don't be overly surprised if Chalamet pulls an upset here)&lt;br /&gt;
S Actress: &lt;span style=&quot;font-weight: bold&quot;&gt;Saldana &lt;/span&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
S Actor: &lt;span style=&quot;font-weight: bold&quot;&gt;Culkin&lt;/span&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
A Screenplay: &lt;span style=&quot;font-weight: bold&quot;&gt;Conclave&lt;/span&gt; &lt;br /&gt;
O Screenplay: &lt;span style=&quot;font-weight: bold&quot;&gt;A Real Pain&lt;/span&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
Cinematography:&lt;span style=&quot;font-weight: bold&quot;&gt; The Brutalist&lt;/span&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
Costume: &lt;span style=&quot;font-weight: bold&quot;&gt;Wicked&lt;/span&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
Editing: &lt;span style=&quot;font-weight: bold&quot;&gt;The Brutalist&lt;/span&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
Makeup: &lt;span style=&quot;font-weight: bold&quot;&gt;The Substance&lt;/span&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
Production: &lt;span style=&quot;font-weight: bold&quot;&gt;Wicked&lt;/span&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
Best Score: &lt;span style=&quot;font-weight: bold&quot;&gt;The Brutalist&lt;/span&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
Song: &lt;span style=&quot;font-weight: bold&quot;&gt;El Mal&lt;/span&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
Sound: &lt;span style=&quot;font-weight: bold&quot;&gt;Dune II&lt;/span&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
Visual Effects: &lt;span style=&quot;font-weight: bold&quot;&gt;Dune II&lt;/span&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
Animated Feature: &lt;span style=&quot;font-weight: bold&quot;&gt;The Wild Robot&lt;/span&gt; (wouldn't be shocked if Flow got it though)&lt;br /&gt;
Doc: &lt;span style=&quot;font-weight: bold&quot;&gt;No Other Land&lt;/span&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
International: &lt;span style=&quot;font-weight: bold&quot;&gt;I'm Still Here&lt;/span&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
Animated Short: &lt;span style=&quot;font-weight: bold&quot;&gt;Beautiful Men&lt;/span&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
Doc Short: &lt;span style=&quot;font-weight: bold&quot;&gt;I Am Ready, Warden&lt;/span&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
Live Short: &lt;span style=&quot;font-weight: bold&quot;&gt;The Man Who Could Not Remain Silent&lt;/span&gt;</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=723574#723574</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Hayden</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Thu, 20 Feb 2025 18:22:11 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=723574#723574</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: 2025 Academy Awards</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=723571#723571</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=30183'&gt;CA Dreamin&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 02/20/2025 23:07&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;EyeKanFly wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;A brief description of the plot as &quot;gang leader has sex reassignment to go underground&quot; sounds like a take on Some Like It Hot, like it could be completely silly and even fun. Or at least so-bad-it's-good. This is not that.&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;Someone I talked to at work about Emilia Perez said something very similar. He didn't mention Some Like it Hot, but he said the plot sounds like a goofy comedy from 30-40 years ago, a time when portrayals of transgenders on screen was very limited, and could be played for laughs without causing a stir. But it's the 2020s now, and we're supposed to be more woke. I don't find Emilia Perez is as woke as it wants to be. Sure, it depicts a trans-woman as a hero, but as I mentioned above, I didn't find her actions heroic. I found them partially atonable, at most, that didn't outweigh her past sins. Not that they need to in order for a good movie, if other elements fall into place. But they didn't. There was little exploration into her past, her guilt was hardly felt in Gascon's performance. The overall tone was sugarcoated with stupid songs, and the hero's parade at the end was ironic and unearned. The filmmakers wanted Emilia Perez to be progress for trans representation. And I find interesting how directors and critics praised it for doing so during its festival phase, before general audiences saw it and rejected it. I wonder what those directors and critics are thinking now. Were they afraid to criticize the movie and be labeled as transphobic? &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Anyway, Emilia Perez is wrongheaded, but it succeeded in getting a lot of awards buzz. It advances a social cause (and fails at it). It comes from a French director with a notable track record. It's stylish. It's a musical...it has awards bait written all over it. And it was working up through the Golden Globes. But that's why Awards Season is a marathon. Emilia Perez had time to sink before the Oscars, and it definitely has. 13 nominations, how many will it win?</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=723571#723571</comments>
                            <dc:creator>CA Dreamin</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Thu, 20 Feb 2025 18:07:14 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=723571#723571</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: 2025 Academy Awards</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=723566#723566</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=50515'&gt;BozoTyrannus&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 02/20/2025 21:56&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;AgainstMeAgainstYou wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;Predictions.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Picture: Anora (want Dune: Part Two)&lt;br /&gt;
Director: Corbet&lt;br /&gt;
Orig. Screenplay: Anora&lt;br /&gt;
Adapted Screenplay: Conclave (want Nickel Boys)&lt;br /&gt;
Actor: Brody&lt;br /&gt;
Actress: Madison&lt;br /&gt;
Supp. Actor: Culkin (want Pearce)&lt;br /&gt;
Supp. Actress: Saldana (wtf?; want Jones)&lt;br /&gt;
Animated Feature: The Wild Robot&lt;br /&gt;
Int. Feature: Emilia Pérez (wtf?; want I'm Still Here)&lt;br /&gt;
Documentary: No Other Land&lt;br /&gt;
Score: The Brutalist&lt;br /&gt;
Song: El Mal (want Like a Bird)&lt;br /&gt;
Sound: Dune: Part Two&lt;br /&gt;
VFX: Dune: Part Two&lt;br /&gt;
Prod. Design: Wicked (want The Brutalist)&lt;br /&gt;
Cinematography: The Brutalist&lt;br /&gt;
Makeup/Hair: The Substance (want A Different Man)&lt;br /&gt;
Costumes: Wicked&lt;br /&gt;
Editing: Anora&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Predictions.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Picture: Anora (want Nickel Boys or The Substance)&lt;br /&gt;
Director: Corbet&lt;br /&gt;
Orig. Screenplay: Anora (want The Substance)&lt;br /&gt;
Adapted Screenplay: Conclave (want Nickel Boys)&lt;br /&gt;
Actor: Brody&lt;br /&gt;
Actress: Moore&lt;br /&gt;
Supp. Actor: Culkin&lt;br /&gt;
Supp. Actress: Saldana (wtf?; want Jones)&lt;br /&gt;
Animated Feature: The Wild Robot (want Flow)&lt;br /&gt;
Int. Feature: Emilia Pérez (wtf?; want I'm Still Here)&lt;br /&gt;
Documentary: No Other Land&lt;br /&gt;
Score: The Brutalist&lt;br /&gt;
Song: El Mal (want Like a Bird)&lt;br /&gt;
Sound: Dune: Part Two&lt;br /&gt;
VFX: Dune: Part Two&lt;br /&gt;
Prod. Design: Wicked&lt;br /&gt;
Cinematography: The Brutalist&lt;br /&gt;
Makeup/Hair: The Substance&lt;br /&gt;
Costumes: Wicked&lt;br /&gt;
Editing: The Brutalist&lt;br /&gt;
Animated Short: Wander to Wonder&lt;br /&gt;
Documentary Short: The Only Girl in the Orchestra&lt;br /&gt;
Live Action Short: The Man Who Could Not Remain Silent</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=723566#723566</comments>
                            <dc:creator>BozoTyrannus</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Thu, 20 Feb 2025 16:56:50 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=723566#723566</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: 2025 Academy Awards</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=723435#723435</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=26195'&gt;EyeKanFly&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 02/19/2025 17:05&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;Hayden wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;Absolutely bizarre that between Saldana, Gomez and Gascon they couldn't pass off reasonable Spanish dialogue (to which, Audiard didn't seem to notice).&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
re: Saldaña, for what it's worth, her accent is basically Dominican Spanish, and I think her character mentions she wasn't born in Mexico, so her accent is like partway between Dominican and Mexican and I think that's fair for the film. Gascón's Spain-Spanish accent isn't super convincing as Mexican unfortunately. Selena Gomez's accent is atrocious, worse than Keanu Reeves' British which I've used as the barometer for bad accents.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
I watched Emilia Pérez prior to knowing anything about it. It was before Oscar noms were out and before the Golden Globes (although noms may have been out for that, I don't tend to follow). My partner put it on saying she read it was good, and I had to stop watching after 30 minutes because it was so bad. My partner said the ending was decent and wanted to me to finish it so we could discuss it together. I guess I'm glad I watched it so I can participate in all the criticism, but holy hell it was bad. &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
A brief description of the plot as &quot;gang leader has sex reassignment to go underground&quot; sounds like a take on Some Like It Hot, like it could be completely silly and even fun. Or at least so-bad-it's-good. This is not that.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Even like... the lighting and cinematography are bad. It's almost like Audiard &lt;span style=&quot;font-style: italic&quot;&gt;really&lt;/span&gt; wanted to apply a sepia filter on the whole thing but someone convinced him not to and he switched it to a weird harsh industrial blue-green.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
And of course lots has been said about the dangerous stereotyping of Mexico, Mexicans, and trans folkx, but Hayden you bring up a good point about also the Thai stereotyping which I haven't seen much other discourse about. I think that &quot;penis to vagina or vagina to penis&quot; musical number in Thailand was the point where I turned it off the first watch, that scene in particular is so bad it makes me mad.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
re: Wicked, I went into it a. not realizing it was &quot;part one&quot;, b. not having seen the musical, and c. not realizing it was 3 hours until we were already at the theater. Despite all that, I actually really liked it. The songs and choreography were really fun in a way that I can't imagine Broadway was able to realize, and I was pleasantly surprised by the use of practical special effects wherever possible rather than it being a Marvel-esque CGI slopfest (which tbh I was expecting).</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=723435#723435</comments>
                            <dc:creator>EyeKanFly</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Wed, 19 Feb 2025 12:05:12 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=723435#723435</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: 2025 Academy Awards</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=723357#723357</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=21620'&gt;AgainstMeAgainstYou&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 02/18/2025 18:18&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Predictions.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Picture: Anora (want Dune: Part Two)&lt;br /&gt;
Director: Corbet&lt;br /&gt;
Orig. Screenplay: Anora&lt;br /&gt;
Adapted Screenplay: Conclave (want Nickel Boys)&lt;br /&gt;
Actor: Brody&lt;br /&gt;
Actress: Madison&lt;br /&gt;
Supp. Actor: Culkin (want Pearce)&lt;br /&gt;
Supp. Actress: Saldana (wtf?; want Jones)&lt;br /&gt;
Animated Feature: The Wild Robot&lt;br /&gt;
Int. Feature: Emilia Pérez (wtf?; want I'm Still Here)&lt;br /&gt;
Documentary: No Other Land&lt;br /&gt;
Score: The Brutalist&lt;br /&gt;
Song: El Mal (want Like a Bird)&lt;br /&gt;
Sound: Dune: Part Two&lt;br /&gt;
VFX: Dune: Part Two&lt;br /&gt;
Prod. Design: Wicked (want The Brutalist)&lt;br /&gt;
Cinematography: The Brutalist&lt;br /&gt;
Makeup/Hair: The Substance (want A Different Man)&lt;br /&gt;
Costumes: Wicked&lt;br /&gt;
Editing: Anora&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Anora - 4&lt;br /&gt;
The Brutalist - 4&lt;br /&gt;
Emilia Pérez - 3 (wtf?)&lt;br /&gt;
Dune: Part Two - 2 (wtf?)&lt;br /&gt;
Wicked - 2&lt;br /&gt;
Conclave - 1&lt;br /&gt;
No Other Land - 1&lt;br /&gt;
A Real Pain - 1&lt;br /&gt;
The Substance - 1&lt;br /&gt;
The Wild Robot - 1&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
No predictions for shorts. I never manage to get around to them.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=723357#723357</comments>
                            <dc:creator>AgainstMeAgainstYou</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Tue, 18 Feb 2025 13:18:20 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=723357#723357</guid>
                          </item></channel></rss>