<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<rss version="2.0" xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/">
<channel>
  <title>Best Ever Albums</title>
  <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/index.php</link>
  <description>&quot;I get by with a little help from my friends&quot; - The Beatles</description>
  <language>en</language>
  <ttl>1</ttl>
<item>
                            <title>Re: Online Streaming / Radio Stations</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=727519#727519</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=51698'&gt;LTSings&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 04/03/2025 19:05&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          The Tree is an online Southern Gospel radio station. Of course, I don't like every song they play, but they play a lot of the music I love. Right now, they are playing &quot;I Left it in the Water&quot; by Southbound, which is one of my favorite songs of 2025, so far. &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;a href=&quot;https://thetreeradio.com/southern-gospel-radio/&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot; rel=&quot;nofollow&quot;&gt;https://thetreeradio.com/southern-gospel-radio/&lt;/a&gt;</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=727519#727519</comments>
                            <dc:creator>LTSings</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Thu, 3 Apr 2025 15:05:58 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=727519#727519</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Online Streaming / Radio Stations</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=724352#724352</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=35422'&gt;baystateoftheart&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 03/01/2025 02:46&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;Romanelli wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;baystateoftheart wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;Serious question: is buying a used CD better or worse than streaming the album? You could say that by making sure record shops have business, you're indirectly contributing to more new CD sales in the long run, or that by making that particular CD scarcer in the market, you're increasing the odds for a reissue. But both are quite indirect, and the artist is still making $0.00 from you listening to that album, whereas they make $0.03 from you streaming it on Spotify or $0.10 on Apple Music.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Romanelli, what is the new vs. used breakdown of your CD purchases?&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Fair question. But first...the decimals on those Spotify and Apple Music payments do need to be moved one spot to the left. It's $0.003 and $0.010. It's seems picky, but it's a big difference.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
I do have many used CD's in my collection. For various reasons. I have no way of breaking it down, but I can tell you that the majority of the used came early on, and has diminished over the years. A learning process, if you will. I buy new now whenever I can. Sometimes albums are out of print and new copies are not available. It's always better to buy new. Especially for the smaller artists who are struggling to make their way. Best way there is to buy directly from the artist's website or at a live show. Ten years ago, I bought more used than new. Today, I buy new much more than used, and try to find a way to do so whenever I can. It's more expensive that way, but the way I see it, people don't commit to a major collection to do it on the cheap. At least, that's it for me.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
As for your opening question: both are not good, but at least the artist (or whoever gets the royalties) has been paid for that used CD when it was new. Doesn't make it right that they don't get paid for the used purchase...but it least they get paid once. The streaming service paid nothing for the album they are seeing get streamed countless times. In fact, chances are very high that the artist has paid to have their album on those sites. Even worse...some artists pay 3rd parties to boost the number of streams they get. An absolute ripoff.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
It's an issue that some in the music industry are fighting for...royalties for used products. Also, in America only, artists are not paid royalties...only songwriters and publishers. That needs to change as well. &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
I hope that answers your questions. &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
To be clear...my problem with streaming services is that their business model discourages people from purchasing albums. Why buy the album when you can listen to it all you want here for $12 to $20 per month? What they are selling is subscriptions to their services, while turning around and paying artists below the absolute minimum for their products.&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Regarding the decimal, I was multiplying by 10 for listening to your whole 10-song album. Interesting, I've never heard of royalties for used physical media as a concept, and had no idea people were fighting for it. Totally agree that artists should get royalties in addition to songwriters and publishers. Thanks for the answer!&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Personally, I pay for Apple Music, a bit of used vinyl, shows, and merch. Sometimes I check out CDs from the regional library system. As a renter who isn't yet settled for the long run, I don't feel ready for a large physical collection, but maybe it would be more interesting as a homeowner. I do enjoy good packaging and liner notes, neither of which streaming has.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=724352#724352</comments>
                            <dc:creator>baystateoftheart</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Fri, 28 Feb 2025 21:46:19 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=724352#724352</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Online Streaming / Radio Stations</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=724340#724340</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=18173'&gt;Romanelli&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 03/01/2025 00:13&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;MadhattanJack wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;Somebody once told me that the Spotify math is based on the assumption that nobody is going to listen to more than 10 albums per day for a full 30 days straight. (I used to do that routinely, but of course that was back when my favorite bands were still making records.) If a typical album has 12 tracks, that's 4 cents paid to the artist, and 10 x 4 is 40 cents (per day), and 40 cents x 30 = 12 bucks. &lt;span style=&quot;font-style: italic&quot;&gt;Supposedly,&lt;/span&gt; that's why $12 is Spotify's individual monthly subscription rate.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
I figured it was probably BS too, and they're just charging whatever they think they can get away with, but at the same time it's hard to argue with the exactitude.&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Where else in America can someone get paid $0.04 (4 cents) for an hour's worth of hard work? I'll tell you where.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;span class=&quot;forum-bbcode-font-size-24&quot; style=&quot;line-height: normal&quot;&gt;&lt;span style=&quot;font-weight: bold&quot;&gt;&lt;span style=&quot;font-style: italic&quot;&gt;&lt;span style=&quot;text-decoration: underline&quot;&gt;PRISON&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Wait. No...sorry. I take that back. The current federal minimum rate of pay for incarcerated prisoners is $0.12 (12 cents) per hour. Never mind.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=724340#724340</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Romanelli</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Fri, 28 Feb 2025 19:13:50 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=724340#724340</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Online Streaming / Radio Stations</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=724337#724337</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=54214'&gt;MadhattanJack&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 02/28/2025 23:39&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;Romanelli wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;But first...the decimals on those Spotify and Apple Music payments do need to be moved one spot to the left. It's $0.003 and $0.010. It's seems picky, but it's a big difference.&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Somebody once told me that the Spotify math is based on the assumption that nobody is going to listen to more than 10 albums per day for a full 30 days straight. (I used to do that routinely, but of course that was back when my favorite bands were still making records.) If a typical album has 12 tracks, that's 4 cents paid to the artist, and 10 x 4 is 40 cents (per day), and 40 cents x 30 = 12 bucks. &lt;span style=&quot;font-style: italic&quot;&gt;Supposedly,&lt;/span&gt; that's why $12 is Spotify's individual monthly subscription rate.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
I figured it was probably BS too, and they're just charging whatever they think they can get away with, but at the same time it's hard to argue with the exactitude.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=724337#724337</comments>
                            <dc:creator>MadhattanJack</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Fri, 28 Feb 2025 18:39:18 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=724337#724337</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Online Streaming / Radio Stations</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=724301#724301</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=18173'&gt;Romanelli&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 02/28/2025 16:15&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;baystateoftheart wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;Serious question: is buying a used CD better or worse than streaming the album? You could say that by making sure record shops have business, you're indirectly contributing to more new CD sales in the long run, or that by making that particular CD scarcer in the market, you're increasing the odds for a reissue. But both are quite indirect, and the artist is still making $0.00 from you listening to that album, whereas they make $0.03 from you streaming it on Spotify or $0.10 on Apple Music.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Romanelli, what is the new vs. used breakdown of your CD purchases?&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Fair question. But first...the decimals on those Spotify and Apple Music payments do need to be moved one spot to the left. It's $0.003 and $0.010. It's seems picky, but it's a big difference.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
I do have many used CD's in my collection. For various reasons. I have no way of breaking it down, but I can tell you that the majority of the used came early on, and has diminished over the years. A learning process, if you will. I buy new now whenever I can. Sometimes albums are out of print and new copies are not available. It's always better to buy new. Especially for the smaller artists who are struggling to make their way. Best way there is to buy directly from the artist's website or at a live show. Ten years ago, I bought more used than new. Today, I buy new much more than used, and try to find a way to do so whenever I can. It's more expensive that way, but the way I see it, people don't commit to a major collection to do it on the cheap. At least, that's it for me.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
As for your opening question: both are not good, but at least the artist (or whoever gets the royalties) has been paid for that used CD when it was new. Doesn't make it right that they don't get paid for the used purchase...but it least they get paid once. The streaming service paid nothing for the album they are seeing get streamed countless times. In fact, chances are very high that the artist has paid to have their album on those sites. Even worse...some artists pay 3rd parties to boost the number of streams they get. An absolute ripoff.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
It's an issue that some in the music industry are fighting for...royalties for used products. Also, in America only, artists are not paid royalties...only songwriters and publishers. That needs to change as well. &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
I hope that answers your questions. &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
To be clear...my problem with streaming services is that their business model discourages people from purchasing albums. Why buy the album when you can listen to it all you want here for $12 to $20 per month? What they are selling is subscriptions to their services, while turning around and paying artists below the absolute minimum for their products.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=724301#724301</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Romanelli</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Fri, 28 Feb 2025 11:15:47 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=724301#724301</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Online Streaming / Radio Stations</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=724242#724242</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=51698'&gt;LTSings&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 02/28/2025 02:17&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          I buy most of the albums I buy these days in the digital format, but still buy CDs occasionally and I still have a lot of CDs I bought years ago. I have one Lauren Talley album in the USB flash drive format.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=724242#724242</comments>
                            <dc:creator>LTSings</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Thu, 27 Feb 2025 21:17:51 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=724242#724242</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Online Streaming / Radio Stations</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=724241#724241</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=25761'&gt;JOSweetHeart&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 02/28/2025 02:08&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          ^^^ Sometimes the CD/Vinyl/Cassette purchases could be the only way to find what you're looking for. I wouldn't be surprised if some of my favorite material can't even be found on Spotify or Apple Music due to it all being as scarce as it is.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
God bless you always!!!&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Holly</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=724241#724241</comments>
                            <dc:creator>JOSweetHeart</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Thu, 27 Feb 2025 21:08:01 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=724241#724241</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Online Streaming / Radio Stations</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=724238#724238</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=35422'&gt;baystateoftheart&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 02/28/2025 01:46&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Serious question: is buying a used CD better or worse than streaming the album? You could say that by making sure record shops have business, you're indirectly contributing to more new CD sales in the long run, or that by making that particular CD scarcer in the market, you're increasing the odds for a reissue. But both are quite indirect, and the artist is still making $0.00 from you listening to that album, whereas they make $0.03 from you streaming it on Spotify or $0.10 on Apple Music.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Romanelli, what is the new vs. used breakdown of your CD purchases?</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=724238#724238</comments>
                            <dc:creator>baystateoftheart</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Thu, 27 Feb 2025 20:46:31 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=724238#724238</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Online Streaming / Radio Stations</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=724137#724137</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=18173'&gt;Romanelli&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 02/27/2025 01:11&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;LTSings wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;Romanelli wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;In July 2024, Spotify INCREASED their user rates. Meaning they now make MORE MONEY.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Spotify pays artists &lt;span style=&quot;font-weight: bold&quot;&gt;$0.003&lt;/span&gt; per stream. That is less than 1/3 of one cent. For an artist to make $1,000, it would take more than 300,000 streams.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Let's put that into a better perspective.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
I have a 10 song album. If someone plays my entire album, I make 3 cents. &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
You can purchase my physical CD for $10.00 directly from me. And that's a discounted price.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
For me to make that same 1 cd price of $10.00 on Spotify, it would take 330 complete plays of my entire album.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;span style=&quot;font-weight: bold&quot;&gt;&lt;span style=&quot;text-decoration: underline&quot;&gt;Spotify = Satan.&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
And the other streaming services are not far behind.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Buy actual albums. Support musicians by going to their shows and buying their music. The way that sites like Spotify are set up now...streaming = stealing.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;span style=&quot;font-weight: bold&quot;&gt;BUY ALBUMS.&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
I buy albums if I like them. I listen on Spotify (and sometimes YouTube) first to see if I like them or not. I also love making playlists on Spotify. If you don't want to use Spotify, then don't. But other people are free to do so. As I said once before, no one is forced to put their music on Spotify. If they feel so ripped off, all they have to do is remove their music from Spotify. I also love making custom stations on Pandora. Plus, there are a lot of ordinary online radio stations (not custom ones) that are free to listen to. I don't see how listening to one of those online is any different from listening to them on the radio, the way I used to do before the internet. Online music is such a part of my daily life. I can't imagine my life without it.&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
You know nothing. Artists are enticed by ripoff companies who promise thousand of streams for signing up with them. Also, legitimate companies (which artists NEED) automatically sign artists up for streaming services, want it or not. The process for taking music down from these is a pain is the ass...but musicians are stuck with them because it's also something artists need...they need to be SEEN. Streaming services keep artists because they have the chance to be seen there...conveniently, without paying them for it. You may be okay with people like Spotify holding your favorite artists hostage in the name of &quot;exposure&quot; (which in NO WAY pays bills) and paying them NOTHING for what they have worked hard to make and put out in the world. Does not surprise me that you do not care about that one bit.  &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
You know nothing about what artists have to deal with in a world of NOT getting paid for what they do. And you don't care.  No surprise here.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
And because you mentioned it...in America, royalties from commercial radio plays are paid to the person who owns the songwriting and publishing rights. The current rate is $0.124 cents. 1000 song plays = $124.00. On Spotify? $0.003 cents. 1000 song plays = $3.00. To reach $124.00 on Spotify, that would take more than 40,000 streams. &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Maybe instead of an ignorant thought process that says &quot;if you don't like it, don't do it&quot;, a smarter way to think might be &quot;this is unfair. How can we fix that?&quot;. &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
And think about THIS.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Spotify is paying $0.003 cents per song. The ORIGINAL (very first) royalty amount, from the VERY beginning, was $0.02.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;span style=&quot;font-weight: bold&quot;&gt;That was in 1909. 116 YEARS AGO.&lt;/span&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
But hey. Justify ignoring that all in the name of &quot;Online music is such a part of my daily life. I can't imagine my life without it&quot;. Again...no surprise there.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
And yet...here you are. On a website that is all about ALBUMS. Huh.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=724137#724137</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Romanelli</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Wed, 26 Feb 2025 20:11:12 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=724137#724137</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Online Streaming / Radio Stations</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=724125#724125</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=25761'&gt;JOSweetHeart&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 02/26/2025 22:38&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          You Tube is where I go online.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
God bless you always!!!&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Holly (a girl who still buys CDs)</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=724125#724125</comments>
                            <dc:creator>JOSweetHeart</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Wed, 26 Feb 2025 17:38:48 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=724125#724125</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Online Streaming / Radio Stations</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=724120#724120</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=51698'&gt;LTSings&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 02/26/2025 21:53&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;Romanelli wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;In July 2024, Spotify INCREASED their user rates. Meaning they now make MORE MONEY.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Spotify pays artists &lt;span style=&quot;font-weight: bold&quot;&gt;$0.003&lt;/span&gt; per stream. That is less than 1/3 of one cent. For an artist to make $1,000, it would take more than 300,000 streams.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Let's put that into a better perspective.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
I have a 10 song album. If someone plays my entire album, I make 3 cents. &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
You can purchase my physical CD for $10.00 directly from me. And that's a discounted price.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
For me to make that same 1 cd price of $10.00 on Spotify, it would take 330 complete plays of my entire album.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;span style=&quot;font-weight: bold&quot;&gt;&lt;span style=&quot;text-decoration: underline&quot;&gt;Spotify = Satan.&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
And the other streaming services are not far behind.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Buy actual albums. Support musicians by going to their shows and buying their music. The way that sites like Spotify are set up now...streaming = stealing.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;span style=&quot;font-weight: bold&quot;&gt;BUY ALBUMS.&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
I buy albums if I like them. I listen on Spotify (and sometimes YouTube) first to see if I like them or not. I also love making playlists on Spotify. If you don't want to use Spotify, then don't. But other people are free to do so. As I said once before, no one is forced to put their music on Spotify. If they feel so ripped off, all they have to do is remove their music from Spotify. I also love making custom stations on Pandora. Plus, there are a lot of ordinary online radio stations (not custom ones) that are free to listen to. I don't see how listening to one of those online is any different from listening to them on the radio, the way I used to do before the internet. Online music is such a part of my daily life. I can't imagine my life without it.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=724120#724120</comments>
                            <dc:creator>LTSings</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Wed, 26 Feb 2025 16:53:21 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=724120#724120</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Online Streaming / Radio Stations</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=724110#724110</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=18173'&gt;Romanelli&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 02/26/2025 20:49&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          In July 2024, Spotify INCREASED their user rates. Meaning they now make MORE MONEY.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Spotify pays artists &lt;span style=&quot;font-weight: bold&quot;&gt;$0.003&lt;/span&gt; per stream. That is less than 1/3 of one cent. For an artist to make $1,000, it would take more than 300,000 streams.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Let's put that into a better perspective.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
I have a 10 song album. If someone plays my entire album, I make 3 cents. &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
You can purchase my physical CD for $10.00 directly from me. And that's a discounted price.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
For me to make that same 1 cd price of $10.00 on Spotify, it would take 330 complete plays of my entire album.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;span style=&quot;font-weight: bold&quot;&gt;&lt;span style=&quot;text-decoration: underline&quot;&gt;Spotify = Satan.&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
And the other streaming services are not far behind.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Buy actual albums. Support musicians by going to their shows and buying their music. The way that sites like Spotify are set up now...streaming = stealing.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;span style=&quot;font-weight: bold&quot;&gt;BUY ALBUMS.&lt;/span&gt;</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=724110#724110</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Romanelli</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Wed, 26 Feb 2025 15:49:40 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=724110#724110</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Online Streaming / Radio Stations</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=724101#724101</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=53314'&gt;tramfan3&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 02/26/2025 18:48&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          The only on-line radio stream I've listened to consistently for at least 20+ years is WWOZ out of New Orleans. That's a GREAT station.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=724101#724101</comments>
                            <dc:creator>tramfan3</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Wed, 26 Feb 2025 13:48:42 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=724101#724101</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Online Streaming / Radio Stations</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=724053#724053</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=57857'&gt;Brigand99&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 02/26/2025 09:01&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Mostly I use Spotify, for which I always have a subscription. And then once in a while I get a subscription to Amazon or Pandora or Deezer, but usually only if they have a free trial offer. I just can't resist those free trials!!</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=724053#724053</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Brigand99</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Wed, 26 Feb 2025 04:01:41 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=724053#724053</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Online Streaming / Radio Stations</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=724048#724048</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=51698'&gt;LTSings&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 02/26/2025 08:28&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          What are some of the stations and / or streaming services you use? Do you have any favorites? I've tried a lot of them. Besides Spotify, I enjoy Pandora a lot and have lots of stations I've created on there, plus I also listen to some of the stations that Pandora has created too. There's also a lot to discover on AccuRadio.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;a href=&quot;https://www.accuradio.com/&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot; rel=&quot;nofollow&quot;&gt;https://www.accuradio.com/&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
On the Aloha Radio Network I enjoy the Steel Guitar Island station and the Ukulele Island station. &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;a href=&quot;https://alohajoe.com/aloharadionet.html&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot; rel=&quot;nofollow&quot;&gt;https://alohajoe.com/aloharadionet.html&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
I enjoy the Illinois Street Lounge station on Soma.FM, plus I'm checking out a couple of their other stations.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;a href=&quot;https://somafm.com/&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot; rel=&quot;nofollow&quot;&gt;https://somafm.com/&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
I'm probably forgetting some, because I've really tried a lot of them, but those are the ones coming to mind at the moment. What are some of your favorites?</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=724048#724048</comments>
                            <dc:creator>LTSings</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Wed, 26 Feb 2025 03:28:02 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=724048#724048</guid>
                          </item></channel></rss>