<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<rss version="2.0" xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/">
<channel>
  <title>Best Ever Albums</title>
  <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/index.php</link>
  <description>&quot;I get by with a little help from my friends&quot; - The Beatles</description>
  <language>en</language>
  <ttl>1</ttl>
<item>
                            <title>Re: On This Day</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=764354#764354</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=18361'&gt;Johnnyo&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 10/09/2026 10:04&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          The wonderful Belgian singer-songwriter &lt;a href=&quot;https://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?b=3339&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot; rel=&quot;nofollow&quot; class=&quot;nav2&quot;&gt;Jacques Brel&lt;/a&gt; &lt;img src=&quot;https://www.besteveralbums.com/img/flags_mini/be.gif&quot; class=&quot;postimg&quot; /&gt; died of cancer on this day in 1978 aged 49. &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
I think that he is a widely unrecognised genius and you’ll know many of his songs as they were covered by so many Artists including, Ray Charles, Scott Walker, Alex Harvey, Frank Sinatra, Dusty Springfield, David Bowie, Nina Simone and Terry Jacks.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;iframe class=&quot;forum-youtube&quot; src=&quot;https://www.youtube.com/embed/oR_SZR_tmxM?autoplay=0&amp;controls=1&amp;fs=1&quot; frame allow=&quot;accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture&quot; webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen&gt;&lt;/iframe&gt;&lt;br&gt;&lt;a href=&quot;https://youtube.com/watch?v=oR_SZR_tmxM&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot;&gt;Link&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;iframe class=&quot;forum-youtube&quot; src=&quot;https://www.youtube.com/embed/4uPZIG5BHD4?autoplay=0&amp;controls=1&amp;fs=1&quot; frame allow=&quot;accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture&quot; webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen&gt;&lt;/iframe&gt;&lt;br&gt;&lt;a href=&quot;https://youtube.com/watch?v=4uPZIG5BHD4&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot;&gt;Link&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;iframe class=&quot;forum-youtube&quot; src=&quot;https://www.youtube.com/embed/HlrC_JgDXaA?autoplay=0&amp;controls=1&amp;fs=1&quot; frame allow=&quot;accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture&quot; webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen&gt;&lt;/iframe&gt;&lt;br&gt;&lt;a href=&quot;https://youtube.com/watch?v=HlrC_JgDXaA&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot;&gt;Link&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br&gt;</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=764354#764354</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Johnnyo</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Fri, 9 Oct 2026 06:04:05 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=764354#764354</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: On This Day</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=764058#764058</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=18361'&gt;Johnnyo&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 10/03/2026 11:37&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          I just find it funny that one of the greatest rock stars of all time finish second. &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
In 1945 Elvis Presley made his first ever-public appearance in a talent contest at the Mississippi Alabama Dairy Show singing 'Old Shep', Elvis was 10 years old at the time and came second.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
I wonder who won and what happened to them. Did they even appreciate the significance of this achievement years later?</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=764058#764058</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Johnnyo</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Sat, 3 Oct 2026 07:37:40 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=764058#764058</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: On This Day</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=763891#763891</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=18361'&gt;Johnnyo&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 09/30/2026 09:29&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          30th September&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
If you are from the UK, and you are of a certain age, this is a very important day in music.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
In 1967 (I was nine at the time so perfect for me), the UK's first National pop radio station, BBC Radio 1 was launched to take over from the very successful pirate radio stations, which had been forced off-air. Former pirate DJ Tony Blackburn, from Radio Caroline, was the first presenter on air, with The Move's Flowers In The Rain the first record played.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;iframe class=&quot;forum-youtube&quot; src=&quot;https://www.youtube.com/embed/iQOc_hgpyPE?autoplay=0&amp;controls=1&amp;fs=1&quot; frame allow=&quot;accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture&quot; webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen&gt;&lt;/iframe&gt;&lt;br&gt;&lt;a href=&quot;https://youtube.com/watch?v=iQOc_hgpyPE&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot;&gt;Link&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br&gt;</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=763891#763891</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Johnnyo</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Wed, 30 Sep 2026 05:29:01 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=763891#763891</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: On This Day</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=763828#763828</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=18361'&gt;Johnnyo&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 09/29/2026 08:30&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          29th September&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Another reason to love “The Boss”. In 1989, while travelling, Bruce Springsteen called in at Matt's Saloon in Prescott, Arizona and jammed with the house band. &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
He also donated $100,000 to a barmaid's hospital bill. What a star!</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=763828#763828</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Johnnyo</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Tue, 29 Sep 2026 04:30:15 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=763828#763828</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: On This Day</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=763686#763686</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=18361'&gt;Johnnyo&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 09/26/2026 10:31&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          26th September&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
I used to love Status Quo back in the 1970’s / early 1980'd and on this day in 2021, bassist Alan Lancaster died at the age of 72 due to complications from multiple sclerosis. &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
I’m using this as the reason to play a bit of classic Quo to brighten your day&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;iframe class=&quot;forum-youtube&quot; src=&quot;https://www.youtube.com/embed/teIaU1_IoZI?autoplay=0&amp;controls=1&amp;fs=1&quot; frame allow=&quot;accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture&quot; webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen&gt;&lt;/iframe&gt;&lt;br&gt;&lt;a href=&quot;https://youtube.com/watch?v=teIaU1_IoZI&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot;&gt;Link&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;iframe class=&quot;forum-youtube&quot; src=&quot;https://www.youtube.com/embed/Yw_sJifUYgM?autoplay=0&amp;controls=1&amp;fs=1&quot; frame allow=&quot;accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture&quot; webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen&gt;&lt;/iframe&gt;&lt;br&gt;&lt;a href=&quot;https://youtube.com/watch?v=Yw_sJifUYgM&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot;&gt;Link&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br&gt;</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=763686#763686</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Johnnyo</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Sat, 26 Sep 2026 06:31:13 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=763686#763686</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: On This Day</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=763523#763523</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=18361'&gt;Johnnyo&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 09/23/2026 08:42&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          23rd September&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
it's 1970 and&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;img src=&quot;https://albumart.besteveralbums.com/albumart/album_large_315_4e53a71a52912.jpg&quot; class=&quot;postimg&quot; /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;a href=&quot;https://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?a=315&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot; rel=&quot;nofollow&quot; class=&quot;nav2&quot;&gt;Abraxas (1970) by Santana&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
was released this day&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
From 1970 - around 1975 i was heavily into heavy rock / metal. Loved bands like Black Sabbath, Led Zeppelin, Budgie, Uriah Heep and Atomic Rooster.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
then, in around 1975, I discovered this album. Not sure how I got to meet these folks, probably through an x school friend, I was 17 by now, but I got to know what, at the time I called &quot;The Hippy Lot&quot;. They introduced me to loads of great music and this was the first album I heard that this girl in the group owned.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
We were sat in her parents living room (they must have been out or Away), after having been down the pub. I remember thinking that her parents must be rich because they had such a big house.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Anyway, she put this album on and it blew my mind. I was used to great heavy music but this was something totally different but equally great. Pretty much my world opened up to a whole new strand of music and I never looked back.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Over the next few months I discovered The Allman Brothers, Traffic, Steve Miller Band, Robin Trower and a whole lot more. At 17 I was a sponge, eager to learn more.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;iframe class=&quot;forum-youtube&quot; src=&quot;https://www.youtube.com/embed/9wT1s96JIb0?autoplay=0&amp;controls=1&amp;fs=1&quot; frame allow=&quot;accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture&quot; webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen&gt;&lt;/iframe&gt;&lt;br&gt;&lt;a href=&quot;https://youtube.com/watch?v=9wT1s96JIb0&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot;&gt;Link&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br&gt;</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=763523#763523</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Johnnyo</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Wed, 23 Sep 2026 04:42:46 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=763523#763523</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: On This Day</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=763489#763489</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=18361'&gt;Johnnyo&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 09/22/2026 15:51&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          22nd September&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Like many young men (and probably quite a few women) my age, I was in love with &lt;a href=&quot;https://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?b=5640&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot; rel=&quot;nofollow&quot; class=&quot;nav2&quot;&gt;Joan Jett&lt;/a&gt; &lt;img src=&quot;https://www.besteveralbums.com/img/flags_mini/us.gif&quot; class=&quot;postimg&quot; /&gt;. She was the coolest person alive in the coolest band. Today, Joan is 68 year old&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
I saw the Runaways at the icon Bingley Hall in Birmingham in around 1976 (I’m guessing but it was around that time) and it was the greatest of evening. I was literally no more than five meters from her. &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Happy Birthday Joanie!&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;iframe class=&quot;forum-youtube&quot; src=&quot;https://www.youtube.com/embed/_EBvXpjudf8?autoplay=0&amp;controls=1&amp;fs=1&quot; frame allow=&quot;accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture&quot; webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen&gt;&lt;/iframe&gt;&lt;br&gt;&lt;a href=&quot;https://youtube.com/watch?v=_EBvXpjudf8&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot;&gt;Link&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;iframe class=&quot;forum-youtube&quot; src=&quot;https://www.youtube.com/embed/wMsazR6Tnf8?autoplay=0&amp;controls=1&amp;fs=1&quot; frame allow=&quot;accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture&quot; webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen&gt;&lt;/iframe&gt;&lt;br&gt;&lt;a href=&quot;https://youtube.com/watch?v=wMsazR6Tnf8&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot;&gt;Link&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br&gt;</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=763489#763489</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Johnnyo</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Tue, 22 Sep 2026 11:51:27 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=763489#763489</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: On This Day</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=763379#763379</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=18361'&gt;Johnnyo&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 09/20/2026 13:32&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          20th September in 1976&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
The first of the two night 100 Club Punk Festival in London, featuring &lt;a href=&quot;https://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?b=833&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot; rel=&quot;nofollow&quot; class=&quot;nav2&quot;&gt;Sex Pistols&lt;/a&gt; &lt;img src=&quot;https://www.besteveralbums.com/img/flags_mini/uk.gif&quot; class=&quot;postimg&quot; /&gt;, &lt;a href=&quot;https://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?b=863&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot; rel=&quot;nofollow&quot; class=&quot;nav2&quot;&gt;The Clash&lt;/a&gt; &lt;img src=&quot;https://www.besteveralbums.com/img/flags_mini/uk.gif&quot; class=&quot;postimg&quot; /&gt;, &lt;a href=&quot;https://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?b=44699&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot; rel=&quot;nofollow&quot; class=&quot;nav2&quot;&gt;Subway Sect&lt;/a&gt; &lt;img src=&quot;https://www.besteveralbums.com/img/flags_mini/uk.gif&quot; class=&quot;postimg&quot; /&gt;, &lt;a href=&quot;https://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?b=1090&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot; rel=&quot;nofollow&quot; class=&quot;nav2&quot;&gt;Siouxsie And The Banshees&lt;/a&gt; &lt;img src=&quot;https://www.besteveralbums.com/img/flags_mini/uk.gif&quot; class=&quot;postimg&quot; /&gt; but spelt Suzie on the poster, &lt;a href=&quot;https://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?b=1707&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot; rel=&quot;nofollow&quot; class=&quot;nav2&quot;&gt;Buzzcocks&lt;/a&gt; &lt;img src=&quot;https://www.besteveralbums.com/img/flags_mini/uk.gif&quot; class=&quot;postimg&quot; /&gt;, &lt;a href=&quot;https://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?b=5821&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot; rel=&quot;nofollow&quot; class=&quot;nav2&quot;&gt;The Vibrators&lt;/a&gt; &lt;img src=&quot;https://www.besteveralbums.com/img/flags_mini/uk.gif&quot; class=&quot;postimg&quot; /&gt; and &lt;a href=&quot;https://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?b=24718&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot; rel=&quot;nofollow&quot; class=&quot;nav2&quot;&gt;Stinky Toys&lt;/a&gt; &lt;img src=&quot;https://www.besteveralbums.com/img/flags_mini/fr.gif&quot; class=&quot;postimg&quot; /&gt;. Admission £1.50.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
This was before I moved down to London from Birmingham. God how I wish I had been there for this. The 100 Club has a great atmosphere anyway. These two nights must have been electric.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=763379#763379</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Johnnyo</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Sun, 20 Sep 2026 09:32:14 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=763379#763379</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: On This Day</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=763323#763323</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=44919'&gt;musicoed&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 09/19/2026 12:00&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          I’ve got two &quot;fronts&quot; opening up at once!)) On one, as a dream-pop proponent, I’m squaring off against shoegaze.&lt;br /&gt;
And on this one, as I see it, the battle is art-pop versus, say, proto-metal.&lt;br /&gt;
I admit, I have neither the energy nor the time, so I’m surrendering before the contest even begins.))&lt;br /&gt;
The only thing is, I can’t resist reacting to the discoveries that—as always—emerge at the intersection elements!&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;Johnnyo wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;...&lt;br /&gt;
What a fantastic anecdote and an insight that I had never really appreciated or comprehended before (certainly not at the time). ...&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
Thank you, I also appreciate all your efforts.&lt;br /&gt;
To be honest, I still haven't quite recovered from my immersion in the year 1984—a year I was transported to by a confluence of various circumstances that, as always, had a somewhat mystical quality to them.&lt;br /&gt;
I had always believed that music reached its peak in 1979, the year the album *The Wall* was recorded.&lt;br /&gt;
Of course, I had heard of the band Frankie Goes to Hollywood and their sensational singles that made the British charts, but I had never realized—or perhaps simply hadn't appreciated—just what an incredible commercial success the single &quot;Relax&quot; had been.&lt;br /&gt;
I now have every reason to believe that, in the twilight of my years, I have returned to 1984. And my sole mission is the British chart as it stood in 1984—because, perhaps, from 1985 onwards, that chart was never the same again. And it makes absolutely no difference whether this was brought about by the Prince of Darkness or someone else entirely.))&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;Johnnyo wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;18th September&lt;br /&gt;
On this day in 1970, Jimi Hendrix Dies.&lt;br /&gt;
Do you have any thoughts on Jimi? Please share if you feel able&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
Whenever I think of Jimi Hendrix, a mystical story always comes to mind.&lt;br /&gt;
The thing is, my list includes the two best albums of all time.&lt;br /&gt;
Some truly amazing coincidences in my life are linked to these albums.&lt;br /&gt;
One of them—*The Wall*—is the greatest &quot;regressive&quot; album of all time. As for the most &quot;progressive&quot; album, I consider it to be Deep Purple’s *Come Taste the Band*.&lt;br /&gt;
It is generally acknowledged that this album was created with the decisive participation of American guitarist Tommy Bolin. And the connection between guitarists Tommy Bolin and Jimi Hendrix is also widely regarded as mystical.&lt;br /&gt;
It wouldn't be right for me to recount in my own words something I didn't witness firsthand. But I think anyone interested can simply search online to see—or be amazed by—just how mystical the connection between these musicians was. And now, that bond can unite their fans, even those with different tastes.))</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=763323#763323</comments>
                            <dc:creator>musicoed</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Sat, 19 Sep 2026 08:00:21 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=763323#763323</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: On This Day</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=763260#763260</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=18361'&gt;Johnnyo&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 09/18/2026 06:51&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          18th September&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
On this day in 1970, Jimi Hendrix Dies.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Of all of the anniversaries this is one of the most significant. What might the world of music have become should he have lived&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
An absolute genius and despite all that he produced, only at the start of his career. Rather than wax lyrical about the great man, here are three videos, studio, live and an interview. Enjoy&lt;br /&gt;
 &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;iframe class=&quot;forum-youtube&quot; src=&quot;https://www.youtube.com/embed/TLV4_xaYynY?autoplay=0&amp;controls=1&amp;fs=1&quot; frame allow=&quot;accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture&quot; webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen&gt;&lt;/iframe&gt;&lt;br&gt;&lt;a href=&quot;https://youtube.com/watch?v=TLV4_xaYynY&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot;&gt;Link&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;iframe class=&quot;forum-youtube&quot; src=&quot;https://www.youtube.com/embed/gRP3Ti_0ffg?autoplay=0&amp;controls=1&amp;fs=1&quot; frame allow=&quot;accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture&quot; webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen&gt;&lt;/iframe&gt;&lt;br&gt;&lt;a href=&quot;https://youtube.com/watch?v=gRP3Ti_0ffg&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot;&gt;Link&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;iframe class=&quot;forum-youtube&quot; src=&quot;https://www.youtube.com/embed/swPpPnxoTaI?autoplay=0&amp;controls=1&amp;fs=1&quot; frame allow=&quot;accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture&quot; webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen&gt;&lt;/iframe&gt;&lt;br&gt;&lt;a href=&quot;https://youtube.com/watch?v=swPpPnxoTaI&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot;&gt;Link&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Do you have any thoughts on Jimi? Please share if you feel able</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=763260#763260</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Johnnyo</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Fri, 18 Sep 2026 02:51:09 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=763260#763260</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: On This Day</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=763220#763220</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=18361'&gt;Johnnyo&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 09/17/2026 08:37&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;musicoed wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;Johnnyo wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;15th September&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
In 1984, Frankie Goes To Hollywood's 'Relax' became the longest running chart hit after spending 43 weeks on the UK singles chart. &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
I love this fact since “the establishment” (mainly the BBC TBH) banned the song form being played, it still broke the record. Just shows, you can’t keep a good S&amp;M song down! It ended up selling two million copies in the UK&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
By todays standards, the video is rather tame but i decided not to post it as I don't want to cause any unintended discomfort to any one. Shame, it's actually a very decent video for it's time&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
I remember that year very well—perhaps even better than what happened to me last week!))&lt;br /&gt;
That summer, I finished school and went to apply for university. Unfortunately, I had to return home in September because I didn't get in. I had only six months left before being drafted into the army.&lt;br /&gt;
At the time, my only source of fresh information about music was a shortwave radio.&lt;br /&gt;
I listened to the BBC Russian Service’s music programs, hosted by the most engaging storyteller I had ever heard.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
The broadcasts lasted just 30 minutes and aired once a week, at midnight between Saturday and Sunday.&lt;br /&gt;
Radio interference sometimes made it impossible to make out a single word. Yet, I would still record the shows on a tape deck, then spend the week listening to them over and over and transcribing the text into a notebook. Hundreds of music lovers across the country did the same; thanks to this, practically every broadcast has now been digitized and transcribed.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
I imagine that only a tiny fraction of a percent of people in the USSR had heard of this song back then. Yet, listeners of the BBC Russian Service were well-versed in the best tracks from the British weekly charts.&lt;br /&gt;
Even forty years later—and despite all modern technology—I don't think anyone has managed to come close to that level of quality in music commentary.&lt;br /&gt;
Far from every song received an in-depth commentary from the host, but this particular song was given plenty of airtime in the broadcast from February 10, 1984.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;Quote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;… a few words about the number one spot on the weekly list&lt;br /&gt;
The song is titled &quot;Relax&quot; and is performed by the band with the long name Frankie Goes to Hollywood. It is a disco track that is, all in all, unremarkable—or rather, positively unexceptional. The lyrics of one verse describe intimate, obscene acts—and in rather crude terms at that. For this reason, about three weeks ago, Mike Read—a DJ at BBC Radio 1, a station aimed at young people—refused to play the song. Other program hosts followed suit and stopped airing it as well. Eventually, management took an interest; after examining the technical details of the act being &quot;sung about,&quot; so to speak, they decided to officially ban the song. By then, however, the public had developed a taste for it, and this playful, sexually charged track was flying off the shelves. Consequently, the record climbed to number one on the national charts.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
A paradoxical situation ensued: during the BBC’s *Top of the Pops* television program, the countdown would reach the number-one spot and the song would be announced, yet neither the standard music video nor a live performance by the band was shown. The &quot;Relax&quot; record thus became a sort of forbidden fruit—albeit one that was easily accessible—and many bought it simply out of a sense of mischief, as the BBC’s ban only served to draw the general public's attention to this otherwise ordinary song. Matters went so far that the head of Island Records—the label that released the single—sent a mocking letter to BBC management, cordially thanking them for their help and contribution to the song's success.&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
Perhaps a touch of corporate coolness comes through in this review. But back then, I found it all absolutely fascinating—like dispatches from another planet!))&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
What a fantastic anecdote and an insight that I had never really appreciated or comprehended before (certainly not at the time). That's what I was hoping for from this thread and I really appreciate you taking the time to post this musicoed. &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
I think that we, in the UK (the &quot;west&quot; in general to be honest), took for granted how easily accessible music was for us, very much in contrast to what you have said about life in the USSR at the time. &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Brilliant piece of writing and greatly appreciated</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=763220#763220</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Johnnyo</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Thu, 17 Sep 2026 04:37:31 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=763220#763220</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: On This Day</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=763218#763218</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=44919'&gt;musicoed&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 09/17/2026 08:10&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;Johnnyo wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;15th September&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
In 1984, Frankie Goes To Hollywood's 'Relax' became the longest running chart hit after spending 43 weeks on the UK singles chart. &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
I love this fact since “the establishment” (mainly the BBC TBH) banned the song form being played, it still broke the record. Just shows, you can’t keep a good S&amp;M song down! It ended up selling two million copies in the UK&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
By todays standards, the video is rather tame but i decided not to post it as I don't want to cause any unintended discomfort to any one. Shame, it's actually a very decent video for it's time&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
I remember that year very well—perhaps even better than what happened to me last week!))&lt;br /&gt;
That summer, I finished school and went to apply for university. Unfortunately, I had to return home in September because I didn't get in. I had only six months left before being drafted into the army.&lt;br /&gt;
At the time, my only source of fresh information about music was a shortwave radio.&lt;br /&gt;
I listened to the BBC Russian Service’s music programs, hosted by the most engaging storyteller I had ever heard.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
The broadcasts lasted just 30 minutes and aired once a week, at midnight between Saturday and Sunday.&lt;br /&gt;
Radio interference sometimes made it impossible to make out a single word. Yet, I would still record the shows on a tape deck, then spend the week listening to them over and over and transcribing the text into a notebook. Hundreds of music lovers across the country did the same; thanks to this, practically every broadcast has now been digitized and transcribed.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
I imagine that only a tiny fraction of a percent of people in the USSR had heard of this song back then. Yet, listeners of the BBC Russian Service were well-versed in the best tracks from the British weekly charts.&lt;br /&gt;
Even forty years later—and despite all modern technology—I don't think anyone has managed to come close to that level of quality in music commentary.&lt;br /&gt;
Far from every song received an in-depth commentary from the host, but this particular song was given plenty of airtime in the broadcast from February 10, 1984.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;Quote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;… a few words about the number one spot on the weekly list&lt;br /&gt;
The song is titled &quot;Relax&quot; and is performed by the band with the long name Frankie Goes to Hollywood. It is a disco track that is, all in all, unremarkable—or rather, positively unexceptional. The lyrics of one verse describe intimate, obscene acts—and in rather crude terms at that. For this reason, about three weeks ago, Mike Read—a DJ at BBC Radio 1, a station aimed at young people—refused to play the song. Other program hosts followed suit and stopped airing it as well. Eventually, management took an interest; after examining the technical details of the act being &quot;sung about,&quot; so to speak, they decided to officially ban the song. By then, however, the public had developed a taste for it, and this playful, sexually charged track was flying off the shelves. Consequently, the record climbed to number one on the national charts.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
A paradoxical situation ensued: during the BBC’s *Top of the Pops* television program, the countdown would reach the number-one spot and the song would be announced, yet neither the standard music video nor a live performance by the band was shown. The &quot;Relax&quot; record thus became a sort of forbidden fruit—albeit one that was easily accessible—and many bought it simply out of a sense of mischief, as the BBC’s ban only served to draw the general public's attention to this otherwise ordinary song. Matters went so far that the head of Island Records—the label that released the single—sent a mocking letter to BBC management, cordially thanking them for their help and contribution to the song's success.&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
Perhaps a touch of corporate coolness comes through in this review. But back then, I found it all absolutely fascinating—like dispatches from another planet!))</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=763218#763218</comments>
                            <dc:creator>musicoed</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Thu, 17 Sep 2026 04:10:03 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=763218#763218</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: On This Day</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=763169#763169</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=18361'&gt;Johnnyo&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 09/16/2026 08:41&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          16th September &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
There were a couple of important anniversaries today so your going to have to wait 365 days for the one that I didn't pick&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
In 1996 &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;img src=&quot;https://albumart.besteveralbums.com/albumart/album_large_351_4e48e81cd34e2.jpg&quot; class=&quot;postimg&quot; /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;a href=&quot;https://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?a=351&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot; rel=&quot;nofollow&quot; class=&quot;nav2&quot;&gt;K (1996) by Kula Shaker&lt;/a&gt; &lt;img src=&quot;https://www.besteveralbums.com/img/flags_mini/uk.gif&quot; class=&quot;postimg&quot; /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Was released&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
I loved this debut album from Kula Shaker on its release some 30 years ago and still have a very soft spot for it today. &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
This is psychedelic rock in the vain of The Grateful Dead and The Doors which was a huge influence on Kula Shaker's first and second albums. What the band did was not unique, in fact, you might even call it derivative but, and it’s a big but, they did it with such energy and it felt like they really believed in what they were doing. They were also very good musicians which goes a long way as well.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
So, yes, it’s very 1970’s with a significant nod to mid 90’s brit pop and the combination is great. There’s also a huge nod to George Harrison with the Indian influences. &lt;br /&gt;
All in all, I really love this album&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;iframe class=&quot;forum-youtube&quot; src=&quot;https://www.youtube.com/embed/9QZOHzWLF9w?autoplay=0&amp;controls=1&amp;fs=1&quot; frame allow=&quot;accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture&quot; webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen&gt;&lt;/iframe&gt;&lt;br&gt;&lt;a href=&quot;https://youtube.com/watch?v=9QZOHzWLF9w&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot;&gt;Link&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br&gt;</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=763169#763169</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Johnnyo</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Wed, 16 Sep 2026 04:41:01 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=763169#763169</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: On This Day</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=763123#763123</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=18361'&gt;Johnnyo&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 09/15/2026 12:30&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          15th September&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
In 1984, Frankie Goes To Hollywood's 'Relax' became the longest running chart hit after spending 43 weeks on the UK singles chart. &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
I love this fact since “the establishment” (mainly the BBC TBH) banned the song form being played, it still broke the record. Just shows, you can’t keep a good S&amp;M song down! It ended up selling two million copies in the UK&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
By todays standards, the video is rather tame but i decided not to post it as I don't want to cause any unintended discomfort to any one. Shame, it's actually a very decent video for it's time</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=763123#763123</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Johnnyo</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Tue, 15 Sep 2026 08:30:12 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=763123#763123</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: On This Day</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=763047#763047</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=18361'&gt;Johnnyo&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 09/14/2026 07:34&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          14th September&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Can’t believe this was 12 years ago however, in 2014 A life-size bronze statue of Amy Winehouse was unveiled in Camden, North London. &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
To be honest, I’m not a fan of the statue, I think that it’s a bit “naff”, so I’m just using this post to highlight a better tribute to the great singer. &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Right next to the Hawley Arms (the best pub in Camden by the way) is a mural of Amy which is quite stunning. &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
NB – Amy used to “help out” behind the bar at the Hawley pulling pints and it’s a bit of a shrine to her. Visit if you are able</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=763047#763047</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Johnnyo</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Mon, 14 Sep 2026 03:34:34 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=763047#763047</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: On This Day</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=762943#762943</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=18361'&gt;Johnnyo&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 09/12/2026 08:19&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          I’m a big Creedence Clearwater Revival fan so this one is rather nice. &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
On this day in 1970, the band had their first UK No.1 album with &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;img src=&quot;https://albumart.besteveralbums.com/albumart/album_large_2443_6a07420570e84.jpg&quot; class=&quot;postimg&quot; /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;a href=&quot;https://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?a=2443&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot; rel=&quot;nofollow&quot; class=&quot;nav2&quot;&gt;Cosmo's Factory (1970) by Creedence Clearwater Revival&lt;/a&gt; &lt;img src=&quot;https://www.besteveralbums.com/img/flags_mini/us.gif&quot; class=&quot;postimg&quot; /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
(probably my favourite CCR album). It stayed at No. 1 for nine-weeks. &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
In the US it sold over three million copies and six of the album's eleven tracks were released as singles in the same year. Quite extraordinary. What’s even more impressive is that they all reached the top five of the Billboard Hot 100. That’s some going.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=762943#762943</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Johnnyo</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Sat, 12 Sep 2026 04:19:16 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=762943#762943</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: On This Day</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=762900#762900</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=18361'&gt;Johnnyo&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 09/11/2026 15:10&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          This event from this day in 1964 has no significance for me at all, I just thought that it was interesting&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
the London Evening News reported that a 16 year-old Eltham Collage boy, introduced as Laurie Yarham, was the winner in a Mick Jagger look-a-like competition. Laurie looked like Mick Jagger and seemed to know his every action and the audience at Greenwich Town Hall were delighted, until the winner turned out to be Mick's younger brother Chris Jagger.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Boom!</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=762900#762900</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Johnnyo</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Fri, 11 Sep 2026 11:10:19 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=762900#762900</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: On This Day</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=762840#762840</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=18361'&gt;Johnnyo&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 09/10/2026 07:11&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          On this day in 1966&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
The Beatles started a six-week run at No.1 on the US album chart with &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;img src=&quot;https://albumart.besteveralbums.com/albumart/album_large_28_5c071f2496275.jpg&quot; class=&quot;postimg&quot; /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;a href=&quot;https://www.besteveralbums.com/thechart.php?a=28&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot; rel=&quot;nofollow&quot; class=&quot;nav2&quot;&gt;Revolver (1966) by The Beatles&lt;/a&gt; &lt;img src=&quot;https://www.besteveralbums.com/img/flags_mini/uk.gif&quot; class=&quot;postimg&quot; /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
the group's ninth US chart topper.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
This has always been my favourite Beatles album and it's clear to me that this is a huge leap forward from Rubber Soul (an album I also like) and that Sgt. Peppers would not have happened without this album. I find Sgt. Peppers rather a hard listen TBH.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
I can see why this is considered The Beatles' most experimental album. The song writing is more innovative and the use of a diverse array of instruments was ground-breaking at the time. I'm also pretty sure that they never played a live show after the release of Revolver so it marks the shift from a live group to a studio-focused one and the freedom in what they could recording that gave them. Love the use of Indian music and psychedelic music.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
I cannot deny that there are some iconic tracks like &quot;Eleanor Rigby&quot; and &quot;Tomorrow Never Knows,&quot; and &quot;Taxman&quot; is a banging opener. I could be wrong but was this also the first time that the Beatles had extensively used an orchestra when they did on &quot;Eleanor Rigby&quot;.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=762840#762840</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Johnnyo</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Thu, 10 Sep 2026 03:11:04 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=762840#762840</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: On This Day</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=762839#762839</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=18361'&gt;Johnnyo&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 09/10/2026 07:08&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;dihansse wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;&lt;a href=&quot;https://www.davidbowieworld.com/mijn-bootlegs-2-2/tour-recordings/1977-iggy-pop-the-idiot-tour/attachment/david-bowie-get-it-right/#main&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot; rel=&quot;nofollow&quot; class=&quot;nav2&quot;&gt;https://www.davidbowieworld.com/mijn-bo...ight/#main&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
Maybe this can help...&lt;br /&gt;
But I don't seem to be able to download the wav's.&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Cheers man. I did a little search last night and cannot find the demos at the moment. I'm assuming that they didn't survive. maybe even recorded over. Who knows. Shame.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=762839#762839</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Johnnyo</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Thu, 10 Sep 2026 03:08:40 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=762839#762839</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: On This Day</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=762824#762824</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=35611'&gt;dihansse&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 09/09/2026 19:21&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;a href=&quot;https://www.davidbowieworld.com/mijn-bootlegs-2-2/tour-recordings/1977-iggy-pop-the-idiot-tour/attachment/david-bowie-get-it-right/#main&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot; rel=&quot;nofollow&quot; class=&quot;nav2&quot;&gt;https://www.davidbowieworld.com/mijn-bo...ight/#main&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
Maybe this can help...&lt;br /&gt;
But I don't seem to be able to download the wav's.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=762824#762824</comments>
                            <dc:creator>dihansse</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Wed, 9 Sep 2026 15:21:53 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=762824#762824</guid>
                          </item></channel></rss>