<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<rss version="2.0" xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/">
<channel>
  <title>Best Ever Albums</title>
  <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/index.php</link>
  <description>&quot;I get by with a little help from my friends&quot; - The Beatles</description>
  <language>en</language>
  <ttl>1</ttl>
<item>
                            <title>Re: Chart composition</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=7941#7941</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=15797'&gt;40footwolf&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 09/06/2009 00:13&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;harkan wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;40footwolf wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;One, because it makes the chart more interesting to look at, and two, it actually makes it easier when you only have to choose one by each band.&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
I guess it then becomes a list of besteveralbums by the besteverbands. But I ask then of Norman and 40ft, when looking at another chart, do you take into consideration decade or multiple artist entries when rating? Does less variety and more concentrated favourtism a hinderance?&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;I do think variety is very important; if somebody just has all indie or all metal or all vocal groups than I probably am not going to give it over a 60 because I think having a well-rounded sense of the musical world around you is very important to being a &quot;good&quot; music listener. My list, for example, has a fair mix of metal, classic rock, indie rock, a little rap, and so forth. My tastes skew pretty wide and I think people need to be willing to take risks in what they listen to. Don't just stick to the Beatles or Michael Jackson because that's what makes you comfortable.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=7941#7941</comments>
                            <dc:creator>40footwolf</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Sat, 5 Sep 2009 20:13:31 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=7941#7941</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Chart composition</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=7939#7939</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=11552'&gt;maxxy&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 09/05/2009 22:48&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          If I agree with it or not. if a chart has VU, Clash, Dylan, etc. then me gusta, if it has...slipknot, brittney, or 50 cent no me gusta. Composition doesn't really matter, unless its like 5 or more by the same artist</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=7939#7939</comments>
                            <dc:creator>maxxy</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Sat, 5 Sep 2009 18:48:11 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=7939#7939</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Chart composition</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=7929#7929</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=15562'&gt;Norman Bates&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 09/05/2009 18:06&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;Quote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;when looking at another chart, do you take into consideration decade or multiple artist entries when rating? Does less variety and more concentrated favourtism a hinderance?&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
.&lt;br /&gt;
No, it's just something that I imposed on myself, and I rate other charts just looking at how many albums I love or hate. I did it for my own chart so that it should not have only my ten favourite artists with each their five best albums. It would have been boring I think.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=7929#7929</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Norman Bates</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Sat, 5 Sep 2009 14:06:18 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=7929#7929</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Chart composition</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=7925#7925</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=15168'&gt;RFNAPLES&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 09/05/2009 15:38&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          The answer is in the title/description of this website: Best Ever Albums - The Greatest Music Albums of All Time.  Charts should include the best ever albums of all time not just one decade or one band.  If a band or decade has more than one album that qualifies it should be included.  The only limitation is the total number that can be listed (currently 50 for member charts).</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=7925#7925</comments>
                            <dc:creator>RFNAPLES</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Sat, 5 Sep 2009 11:38:55 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=7925#7925</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Chart composition</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=7920#7920</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=15627'&gt;videoheadcleaner&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 09/05/2009 12:57&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;40footwolf wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;One, because it makes the chart more interesting to look at, and two, it actually makes it easier when you only have to choose one by each band.&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
I guess it then becomes a list of besteveralbums by the besteverbands. But I ask then of Norman and 40ft, when looking at another chart, do you take into consideration decade or multiple artist entries when rating? Does less variety and more concentrated favourtism a hinderance?</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=7920#7920</comments>
                            <dc:creator>videoheadcleaner</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Sat, 5 Sep 2009 08:57:35 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=7920#7920</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Chart composition</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=7915#7915</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=15797'&gt;40footwolf&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 09/05/2009 01:16&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;Norman Bates wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;The only restraining element I forced myself to obey to is to never have the same artist twice in my list.&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;Same here. One, because it makes the chart more interesting to look at, and two, it actually makes it easier when you only have to choose one by each band.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=7915#7915</comments>
                            <dc:creator>40footwolf</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Fri, 4 Sep 2009 21:16:43 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=7915#7915</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Chart composition</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=7914#7914</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=15562'&gt;Norman Bates&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 09/05/2009 00:38&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          The only restraining element I forced myself to obey to is to never have the same artist twice in my list.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=7914#7914</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Norman Bates</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Fri, 4 Sep 2009 20:38:46 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=7914#7914</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Chart composition</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=7907#7907</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=14768'&gt;telefunker&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 09/04/2009 19:07&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          this is besteveralbums, not besteverdecades or besteverartists, therefore i wouldn't hesitate to include multiple albums from the same artist or spread my albums disproportionately throughout the decades (as you'll no doubt have noticed)&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
most of the official, recognized charts are very beatles heavy and are very much rooted in the 60s.. which is fair in a way, though it doesn't reflect my opinions</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=7907#7907</comments>
                            <dc:creator>telefunker</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Fri, 4 Sep 2009 15:07:56 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=7907#7907</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Chart composition</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=7906#7906</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=15627'&gt;videoheadcleaner&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 09/04/2009 15:25&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Just getting ideas on what peoples' views on chart composition is and how it affects your rating.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
- Albums by decade - spread out evenly, anchored in the 60s and 70s or is not a concern when looking at a chart.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
- Albums by band - as many from one artist as is reasonable or 1 album per artist. I see this alot that people have only one album per artist so is that better than 5 albums from (example) Beatles, 3 from Radiohead and Led Zeppelin etc.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Any comments?</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=7906#7906</comments>
                            <dc:creator>videoheadcleaner</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Fri, 4 Sep 2009 11:25:09 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=7906#7906</guid>
                          </item></channel></rss>