<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<rss version="2.0" xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/">
<channel>
  <title>Best Ever Albums</title>
  <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/index.php</link>
  <description>&quot;I get by with a little help from my friends&quot; - The Beatles</description>
  <language>en</language>
  <ttl>1</ttl>
<item>
                            <title>Re: Particular Techniques You Enjoy</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=160335#160335</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=17182'&gt;hairymarx1&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 01/31/2013 15:14&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          I agree with Purple. In particular I appreciate the empty spaces in Hollis's work without which the music on Eden wouldn't come together. I also lilke the way Kevin Ayers skillfuly merges the formal with the avantegarde. I like the changes in tempo, time signatures and counterpoint in the work of Beefheart and Television. As a fan of psychedelic music and the Canterbury/progressive scene, I love elongated instrumental and experimental passages.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=160335#160335</comments>
                            <dc:creator>hairymarx1</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Thu, 31 Jan 2013 10:14:14 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=160335#160335</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Particular Techniques You Enjoy</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=160268#160268</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=24736'&gt;Jasonconfused&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 01/31/2013 06:05&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;ptaylor1989 wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;I have this thing where I prefer when the supporting rhythm (other than bass) plays their chords at least higher than middle C. I've found doing the opposite is a easy way to muddle the bass and detract from the drums and the spine of the band. On guitar, I rarely touch the 6th string in favor of more open sound. &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
I also find play between triplets and quadruplets pretty damn devine&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
I can dig it. Let the bass do its thing.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=160268#160268</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Jasonconfused</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Thu, 31 Jan 2013 01:05:31 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=160268#160268</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Particular Techniques You Enjoy</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=160264#160264</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=24043'&gt;sheep21&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 01/31/2013 05:55&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Melodic solos. I hate listening to shredding(guitar) or how high someone can play(trumpet). I listen to music for the music not to see how skillful the musicians behind it may be.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=160264#160264</comments>
                            <dc:creator>sheep21</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Thu, 31 Jan 2013 00:55:17 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=160264#160264</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Particular Techniques You Enjoy</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=160259#160259</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=20884'&gt;ptaylor1989&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 01/31/2013 04:58&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          I have this thing where I prefer when the supporting rhythm (other than bass) plays their chords at least higher than middle C. I've found doing the opposite is a easy way to muddle the bass and detract from the drums and the spine of the band. On guitar, I rarely touch the 6th string in favor of more open sound. &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
I also find play between triplets and quadruplets pretty damn devine</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=160259#160259</comments>
                            <dc:creator>ptaylor1989</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Wed, 30 Jan 2013 23:58:24 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=160259#160259</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Particular Techniques You Enjoy</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=160218#160218</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=-1'&gt;Anonymous&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 01/31/2013 01:48&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          I enjoy completely complimentary musicianship, where the common objective of the musicians is to create the best possible soundscape, rather than indulge in masturbatory solos to showcase talent; this is rare enough that I feel that I often have to settle for musical masturbation. &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
I also enjoy a borderline absurd variety within a song, where several musicians come together only to play a few seconds of their instrument; one example of this that comes to mind is the three acoustic guitar chords played in Talk Talk's &quot;Eden.&quot; This is also rare. Perhaps I just like truly &quot;collective music&quot; (and no, AnCo does not fall under this category in the least).&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Lastly, I have a special place in my heart for process music; I don't hold the whole genre above any other genre (and in fact I am often not interested in it), but if a musician can make a beautiful piece of music via process, then I will hold it higher than an equally beautiful piece of &quot;organic&quot; music e.g. &quot;Do While&quot; and &quot;dlp 1.1&quot;</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=160218#160218</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Anonymous</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Wed, 30 Jan 2013 20:48:56 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=160218#160218</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Particular Techniques You Enjoy</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=160206#160206</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=24736'&gt;Jasonconfused&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 01/31/2013 01:12&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Just a thread to discuss things done in music that you really enjoy.&lt;br /&gt;
One example is something I really enjoy myself.&lt;br /&gt;
I love when there is a communication of sorts between vocals and any other instrument. Led Zeppelin and Deep Purple do this quite a bit. Either the vocalist or guitar player will play a certain note and hold it a certain amount of time and the other will try to match it. Something about it beautiful to me.&lt;br /&gt;
Rory Gallagher kind of did this too, but he played guitar and sang so he was able to match his vocals with what he was playing on guitar at the exact same time. It's done more often live, but it's done on studio albums sometimes too, like that middle section of Dazed and Confused, only a little more loosely done.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=160206#160206</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Jasonconfused</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Wed, 30 Jan 2013 20:12:49 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=160206#160206</guid>
                          </item></channel></rss>