<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<rss version="2.0" xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/">
<channel>
  <title>Best Ever Albums</title>
  <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/index.php</link>
  <description>&quot;I get by with a little help from my friends&quot; - The Beatles</description>
  <language>en</language>
  <ttl>1</ttl>
<item>
                            <title>Re: Depressing/Downer Final Albums</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=252249#252249</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=27184'&gt;benpaco&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 10/19/2013 05:26&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Strangeways Here We Come has to be up there.&lt;br /&gt;
Surprised no one said From a Basement on a Hill.&lt;br /&gt;
Pink Moon has been said but I'll say it again. Closer too. Also Third/Sister Lovers.&lt;br /&gt;
Cash's goodbye album, I forget what its called and am too lagged out to check, is actually really bittersweet I think.&lt;br /&gt;
Maybe You've Been Brainwashed Too is a strangely inspirational and anthemic one here, but I feel a sadness to it at the same time. There's a longing, a sad nostalgia there.&lt;br /&gt;
Does Loveless count? I think it does. It always sounded like some sort of unstoppable sadness of a dream. Not a nightmare, mind you, but a sad and endless dream.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=252249#252249</comments>
                            <dc:creator>benpaco</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Sat, 19 Oct 2013 01:26:25 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=252249#252249</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Depressing/Downer Final Albums</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=252241#252241</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=24736'&gt;Jasonconfused&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 10/19/2013 04:35&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          The downer qualities of &lt;span style=&quot;font-style: italic&quot;&gt;Closer&lt;/span&gt; as a final album are overshadowed by the beautifully depressing sounds of &lt;span style=&quot;font-style: italic&quot;&gt;Unknown Pleasures&lt;/span&gt;. If anything, &lt;span style=&quot;font-style: italic&quot;&gt;Closer&lt;/span&gt; sounds upbeat to me.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=252241#252241</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Jasonconfused</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Sat, 19 Oct 2013 00:35:42 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=252241#252241</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Depressing/Downer Final Albums</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=252234#252234</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=18172'&gt;ShaneSpear&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 10/19/2013 02:16&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Kanye West - Graduation&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Kind of more like the end of one era of his career, because he morphed into quite the different personality after this one.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=252234#252234</comments>
                            <dc:creator>ShaneSpear</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Fri, 18 Oct 2013 22:16:57 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=252234#252234</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Depressing/Downer Final Albums</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=252228#252228</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=27358'&gt;mnorris75&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 10/19/2013 01:06&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          The Dixie Chicks- Taking The Long Way</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=252228#252228</comments>
                            <dc:creator>mnorris75</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Fri, 18 Oct 2013 21:06:32 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=252228#252228</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Depressing/Downer Final Albums</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=252175#252175</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=16496'&gt;zdwyatt&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 10/18/2013 21:19&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          The Everybodyfields,&lt;span style=&quot;font-style: italic&quot;&gt; Nothing Is Okay&lt;/span&gt;. I don't think they recorded knowing it would be their last, but they broke up after touring to support it. The album is already sad bastard music, and it's made moreso by the breakup.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=252175#252175</comments>
                            <dc:creator>zdwyatt</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Fri, 18 Oct 2013 17:19:42 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=252175#252175</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Depressing/Downer Final Albums</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=248809#248809</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=19855'&gt;joedec&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 10/05/2013 06:19&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Also Nirvana's In Utero is definitely a downer final album</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=248809#248809</comments>
                            <dc:creator>joedec</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Sat, 5 Oct 2013 02:19:59 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=248809#248809</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Depressing/Downer Final Albums</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=246580#246580</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=18230'&gt;meruizh&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 09/26/2013 22:39&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Joy Division - Closer ... i think is the closest think to a Final Album kind of a feeling. &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
The Smiths - Strangeways, Here We Come.. could be another one, titles like &quot;I Started Something I Couldn't Finish&quot; , &quot;Death Of A Disco Dancer&quot; sound like a ending to something</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=246580#246580</comments>
                            <dc:creator>meruizh</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Thu, 26 Sep 2013 18:39:11 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=246580#246580</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Depressing/Downer Final Albums</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=246576#246576</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=18251'&gt;AlexZangari&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 09/26/2013 22:24&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Just thought of a perfect example - &lt;span style=&quot;font-style: italic&quot;&gt;River of Dreams&lt;/span&gt; by Billy Joel. The last track says it all:&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;iframe class=&quot;forum-youtube&quot; src=&quot;https://www.youtube.com/embed/D7B-wA6_iUo?autoplay=0&amp;controls=1&amp;fs=1&quot; frame allow=&quot;accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture&quot; webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen&gt;&lt;/iframe&gt;&lt;br&gt;&lt;a href=&quot;https://youtube.com/watch?v=D7B-wA6_iUo&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot;&gt;Link&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br&gt;</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=246576#246576</comments>
                            <dc:creator>AlexZangari</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Thu, 26 Sep 2013 18:24:52 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=246576#246576</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Depressing/Downer Final Albums</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=246021#246021</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=19855'&gt;joedec&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 09/25/2013 06:44&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Joy Division  -  Closer</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=246021#246021</comments>
                            <dc:creator>joedec</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Wed, 25 Sep 2013 02:44:44 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=246021#246021</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Depressing/Downer Final Albums</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=246020#246020</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=25952'&gt;HazeyTwilight&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 09/25/2013 06:32&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          I think of The Downward Spiral - Nine Inch Nails. More specifically the song Hurt, but the album is full of a depressing architecture of sounds that you may as well listen to put an end to everything or &quot;quit&quot;.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=246020#246020</comments>
                            <dc:creator>HazeyTwilight</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Wed, 25 Sep 2013 02:32:12 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=246020#246020</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Depressing/Downer Final Albums</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=246006#246006</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=18251'&gt;AlexZangari&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 09/25/2013 04:28&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          This Is Happening</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=246006#246006</comments>
                            <dc:creator>AlexZangari</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Wed, 25 Sep 2013 00:28:18 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=246006#246006</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Depressing/Downer Final Albums</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=246003#246003</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=21620'&gt;AgainstMeAgainstYou&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 09/25/2013 04:18&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Squeeze. Although, Squeeze is more depressing because it's probably the worst album of all time. And I guess it doesn't really count anyway seeing as the album was made sans LITERALLY THE ENTIRE FUCKING BAND.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Also, of course, Innuendo sounds like Freddie Mercury saying goodbye.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=246003#246003</comments>
                            <dc:creator>AgainstMeAgainstYou</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Wed, 25 Sep 2013 00:18:03 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=246003#246003</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Depressing/Downer Final Albums</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=246000#246000</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=-1'&gt;Anonymous&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 09/25/2013 03:41&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;rayword45 wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;I was kinda expecting someone to post this XP&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
I haven't heard this album since I first heard it like 7 years ago (not a fan) but does it sound like they're quitting music? Kind of odd for a debut to sound like that.&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
The Sex Pistols never sounded like anything but ready to quit everything.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=246000#246000</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Anonymous</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Tue, 24 Sep 2013 23:41:40 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=246000#246000</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Depressing/Downer Final Albums</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=245999#245999</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=27223'&gt;rayword45&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 09/25/2013 03:39&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;sp4cetiger wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;Never Mind the Bollocks...&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
I was kinda expecting someone to post this XP&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
I haven't heard this album since I first heard it like 7 years ago (not a fan) but does it sound like they're quitting music? Kind of odd for a debut to sound like that.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=245999#245999</comments>
                            <dc:creator>rayword45</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Tue, 24 Sep 2013 23:39:02 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=245999#245999</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Depressing/Downer Final Albums</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=245998#245998</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=-1'&gt;Anonymous&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 09/25/2013 03:36&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Never Mind the Bollocks...</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=245998#245998</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Anonymous</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Tue, 24 Sep 2013 23:36:17 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=245998#245998</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Depressing/Downer Final Albums</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=245997#245997</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=27223'&gt;rayword45&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 09/25/2013 03:27&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          So my friend recommended I listen to Happily Ever After...Again by Mt. Sims, and discussed how the album as a whole gives off the vibe that the artist is &quot;quitting music&quot;. I thought to myself, &quot;Hmm... Where have I heard THAT before?&quot;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Terrible introduction paragraph aside, I wanna see how many final albums sound like a goodbye. Not a depressing final album as in you want more, but the kind of album where you can practically hear the band falling apart, or the singer's declining mental state (ripped from Wikipedia).&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Third/Sister Lovers - Big Star (cliche answer)&lt;br /&gt;
In Utero - Nirvana &lt;br /&gt;
Pink Moon - Nick Drake (iffy on this one, but compared to the pop sheen of the first two albums this one is bare, and the few recordings made after this album are similar to this album, especially Tow The Line)</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=245997#245997</comments>
                            <dc:creator>rayword45</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Tue, 24 Sep 2013 23:27:20 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=245997#245997</guid>
                          </item></channel></rss>