<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<rss version="2.0" xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/">
<channel>
  <title>Best Ever Albums</title>
  <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/index.php</link>
  <description>&quot;I get by with a little help from my friends&quot; - The Beatles</description>
  <language>en</language>
  <ttl>1</ttl>
<item>
                            <title>Re: Pick one band: your top 10 lyrics</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=28339#28339</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=18427'&gt;RedJonny7&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 03/04/2011 16:45&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Radiohead:&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
10.&lt;br /&gt;
In a little while&lt;br /&gt;
I’ll be gone&lt;br /&gt;
The moment’s already passed&lt;br /&gt;
Yeah it’s gone&lt;br /&gt;
And I’m not here&lt;br /&gt;
This isn’t happening&lt;br /&gt;
I’m not here&lt;br /&gt;
I’m not here&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
9.&lt;br /&gt;
I’m the next act&lt;br /&gt;
Waiting in the wings&lt;br /&gt;
I’m an animal&lt;br /&gt;
Trapped in your hot car&lt;br /&gt;
I am all the days&lt;br /&gt;
that you choose to ignore&lt;br /&gt;
You are all I need&lt;br /&gt;
You are all I need&lt;br /&gt;
I’m in the middle of your picture&lt;br /&gt;
Lying in the reeds&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
8.&lt;br /&gt;
A heart that’s full up like a landfill&lt;br /&gt;
A job that slowly kills you&lt;br /&gt;
Bruises that won’t heal&lt;br /&gt;
You look so tired and unhappy&lt;br /&gt;
Bring down the government&lt;br /&gt;
They don’t, they don’t speak for us&lt;br /&gt;
I’ll take a quiet life&lt;br /&gt;
A handshake of carbon monoxide&lt;br /&gt;
No alarms and no surprises&lt;br /&gt;
No alarms and no surprises&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
7.&lt;br /&gt;
You know&lt;br /&gt;
You know where you are with&lt;br /&gt;
You know where you are with&lt;br /&gt;
Floor collapsing&lt;br /&gt;
Floating&lt;br /&gt;
Bouncing back and&lt;br /&gt;
One day&lt;br /&gt;
I am going to grow wings&lt;br /&gt;
A chemical reaction (you’ll know where you are)&lt;br /&gt;
Hysterical and useless (you’ll know where you are)&lt;br /&gt;
Hysterical and (you’ll know where you are)&lt;br /&gt;
Let down and hanging around&lt;br /&gt;
Crushed like a bug in the ground&lt;br /&gt;
Let down and hanging around&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
6.&lt;br /&gt;
Where do we go from here&lt;br /&gt;
The planet is a gunboat in a sea of fear&lt;br /&gt;
And where are you&lt;br /&gt;
They brought in the CIA, the tanks and the whole marines,&lt;br /&gt;
To blow me away, to blow me sky high&lt;br /&gt;
My baby’s got the bends&lt;br /&gt;
We don’t have any real friends&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
5.&lt;br /&gt;
Once again, we are hungry for a lynching&lt;br /&gt;
That’s a strange mistake to make&lt;br /&gt;
You should turn the other cheek&lt;br /&gt;
Living in a glass house&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
4.&lt;br /&gt;
That’s it sir&lt;br /&gt;
You’re leaving&lt;br /&gt;
The crackle of pig skin&lt;br /&gt;
The dust and the screaming&lt;br /&gt;
The yuppies networking&lt;br /&gt;
The panic&lt;br /&gt;
The vomit&lt;br /&gt;
The panic&lt;br /&gt;
The vomit&lt;br /&gt;
God loves his children&lt;br /&gt;
God loves his children, yeah&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
3.&lt;br /&gt;
I’m not living&lt;br /&gt;
I’m just killing time&lt;br /&gt;
Your tiny hands&lt;br /&gt;
Your crazy kitten smile&lt;br /&gt;
Just don’t leave&lt;br /&gt;
Don’t leave&lt;br /&gt;
And true love waits&lt;br /&gt;
In haunted attics&lt;br /&gt;
And true love lives&lt;br /&gt;
On lollipops and crisps&lt;br /&gt;
Just don’t leave&lt;br /&gt;
Don’t leave&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
2.&lt;br /&gt;
Don’t get any big ideas&lt;br /&gt;
they’re not gonna happen&lt;br /&gt;
You paint yourself white and fill up with noise&lt;br /&gt;
but there’ll be something missing&lt;br /&gt;
Now that you’ve found it, it’s gone&lt;br /&gt;
Now that you feel it, you don’t&lt;br /&gt;
You’ve gone off the rails&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
1.&lt;br /&gt;
She looks like the real thing&lt;br /&gt;
She tastes like the real thing&lt;br /&gt;
My fake plastic love&lt;br /&gt;
But I can’t help the feeling&lt;br /&gt;
I could blow through the ceiling&lt;br /&gt;
If I just turned and ran&lt;br /&gt;
And it wears me out&lt;br /&gt;
It wears me out&lt;br /&gt;
It wears me out&lt;br /&gt;
It wears me out&lt;br /&gt;
If I could be who you wanted&lt;br /&gt;
If I could be who you wanted&lt;br /&gt;
All the time&lt;br /&gt;
All the time.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=28339#28339</comments>
                            <dc:creator>RedJonny7</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Fri, 4 Mar 2011 11:45:23 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=28339#28339</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Pick one band: your top 10 lyrics</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=28003#28003</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=17672'&gt;acb27&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 02/26/2011 00:58&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          From Eminem (these are not in a particular order)&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
1. &quot;Now this is the part where the rap breaks down/ It gets real intense, no one makes a sound/ Everything looks like it's '8 Mile' now/ The beat comes back and everybody lose themselves.&quot;- &quot;Just Lose It&quot;, Encore (2004)&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
2. &quot;See what hurts me the most is you won't admit you was wrong/ B*tch, do your song, keep tellin' yourself that you was a mom/ But how dare you try to take what you didn't help me to get/ You selfish b*tch, I hope you f*ckin' burn in hell for this sh*t/ Remember when Ronnie died and you said you wished it was me/ Well, guess what I am dead, dead to you as can be!&quot;- &quot;Cleanin' Out My Closet&quot;, The Eminem Show (2002)&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
3. &quot;There's a place called heaven and a place called hell/ A place called prison and a place called jail/ And Daddy's probably on his way to all of 'em except one/ 'Cuz Mommy's got a new husband and a stepson.&quot;- &quot;'97 Bonnie and Clyde&quot;, The Slim Shady LP (1999)&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
4. &quot;Dear Mister I'm-Too-Good-To-Call-Or-Write-My-Fans/ This'll be the last package I ever send your ass!/ It's been two weeks and still no word, I don't deserve it?/ I know you got my last two letters! I wrote the addresses on 'em perfect!/ So this is my cassette I'm sendin' you, I hope you hear it/ I'm in the car right now, I'm doin' 90 on the freeway/ Hey Slim, I drank a fifth of vodka, dare me to drive?/ You know that song by Phil Collins' 'In the Air Tonight'?/ About that guy who coulda saved that other guy from drowning/ But didn't, and Phil saw it all and on that show they found 'em/ That's kinda how this is, you coulda rescued me from drownin'/ Now it's too late, I'm on 1000 downers now, I'm drowsy/ And all I wanted was a lousy letter or a call/ I hope you know I ripped all your pictures off the wall!/ I love you, Slim! We coulda been together, think about it!/ You ruined it now! I hope you can't sleep and you dream about it/ And when you dream, I hope you can't sleep and you scream about it!/ I hope your conscience eats at you and you can't breathe without me!&quot;- &quot;Stan&quot;, The Marshall Mathers LP (2000)&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
5. &quot;That's why we sing for these kids who don't have a thing/ Except for a dream and a f*ckin' rap magazine/ Who post pin-up pictures on they walls all day long/ Idolize they favorite rappers and know all they songs/ Or for anyone who's ever been through sh*t in they lives/ And they sit and they cry at night wishing they died/ So they throw on a rap record and they sit and they vibe/ We're nothing to you, but we're the f*ckin' sh*t in they eyes!&quot;- &quot;Sing for the Moment&quot;, The Eminem Show (2002)&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
6. Dr. Dre: &quot;All right, Grady, calm down, start breathin...&quot; Eminem: F*ck that sh*t, you just caught this b*tch cheatin'!/ While you're at work, she's at home tryin' to get off?/ F*ck slittin' her throat, cut this b*tch's head off!&quot; Dr. Dre: &quot;Wait! What if there's an explanation for this sh*t?&quot; Eminem: &quot;What, she tripped, fell, and landed on his d*ck?&quot; Dr. Dre: &quot;Alright, Shady, maybe he's right, Grady/ But think about the baby before you get all crazy.&quot; Eminem: &quot;Alright, thought about it? Still wanna stab her?/ Grab her by the throat, get your daughter, and kidnap her?/ That's what I did! Be smart, don't be a retard!/ You wanna take advice from somebody who slapped Dee Barnes?&quot; Dr. Dre: &quot;What'chu say?&quot; Eminem: &quot;What, didn't think I'd remember?&quot; Dr. Dre: &quot;I'mma kill you maf*cker!&quot; Eminem: &quot;Uh, uh, temper, temper!/ Mr. Dre, Mr. N.W.A., Mr. AK, comin' straight outta Compton y'all better make way!/ How the f*ck you gonna tell this man not to be violent?&quot; Dr. Dre: &quot;Cuz he don't need to go the same route that I went!/ Been there, done that! Aw, sh*t/ What am I saying? Shoot 'em both, Grady! Where's your gun at?&quot;- &quot;Guilty Conscience&quot;, The Slim Shady LP (1999)&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
7. &quot;Sometimes I just feel like my father, I hate to be bothered/ By all of this nonsense, it's constant/ And, oh, it's his lyrical content for songs/ the song 'Guilty Conscience' has gotten such rotten responses/ And all of this controversy circles me/ And it seems like the media immediately/ Points a finger at me.../ So I point one back at 'em, but not the index or pinky.&quot;- &quot;The Way I Am&quot;, The Marshall Mathers LP (2000)&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
8. &quot;I'm tired of being white trash, broke and always poor/ I'm tired of taking pop bottles back to the party store/ I'm tired of not having a phone/ I'm tired of not having a home to have one in if I did have one on!/ Tired of not driving a BM/ Tired of not working at GM, tired of wanting to be him/ Tired of not sleeping without a Tylenol PM/ Tired of not performing in a packed coliseum/ Tired of not being on tour/ Tired of f*cking the same blonde whore after work in the back of a Contour/ I'm tired of faking knots with a stack of ones/ Having a lack of funds and resorting back to guns/ Tired of being stared at/ Tired of wearing the same old Nike Air hat/ Tired of stepping in clubs wearin' the same pair of Lugz/ Tired of people saying they're tired of hearing me rap about drugs/ Tired of rappers who ain't bringin' half the skill as me/ Saying they wasn't feelin' me on &quot;Nobody's as Ill as Me&quot;/ I'm tired of radio stations telling fibs/ Tired of J-L-B sayin' 'Where hip-hop lives!'/ But if I had a million dollars/ I'd start a damn brewery and turn the planet into alcoholics.&quot;- &quot;If I Had&quot;, The Slim Shady LP (1999)&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
9. &quot;Slim Shady, brain dead like Jim Brady/ I'm an M80, you lil' like that Kim lady/ I'm buzzin', Dirty Dozen, naughty rotten rhymer/ Cursin' at you players worse than Marty Schottenheimer/ You wacker than the motherf*cker you bit your style from/ You ain't gonna sell two copies if you press a double album!&quot;- &quot;Just Don't Give a F*ck&quot;, The Slim Shady LP (1999)&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
10. &quot;My songs can make you cry, take you by surprise/ And at the same time, can make you dry your eyes/ With the same line, so what you're seein' is a genius at work/ Which to me isn't work, so it's easy to misinterpret/ It at first, 'cuz when I speak/ It's tongue in cheek/ I yank my f*ckin' teeth before I'd ever bite my tongue/ I'd slice my gums, get struck by f*ckin' lightning twice at once!/ Die and come back as Vanilla Ice's son!/ And walk around the rest of my life spit on and hit and kicked with sh*t/ Every time I sung, like R. Kelly as soon as 'Bump 'n Grind' comes on!/ More pain inside of my brain, than the eyes of a little girl/ Inside of a plane, aimed at the World Trade/ Standin' on Ronnie's grave, screamin' at the sky/ It's Clyde Mathers and Bonnie Jade!/ And that's pretty much the gist of it/ Parents are pissed but the kids love it/ Nine millimeter, heater stashed, in two-seaters with meat cleavers/ I don't blame you, I wouldn't let Hailie listen to me another.&quot;- &quot;My Dad's Gone Crazy&quot;, The Eminem Show (2002)&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Sorry if I went a little overboard with it.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=28003#28003</comments>
                            <dc:creator>acb27</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Fri, 25 Feb 2011 19:58:07 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=28003#28003</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Pick one band: your top 10 lyrics</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=27480#27480</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=15562'&gt;Norman Bates&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 02/18/2011 23:18&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          I'll be glad to do The Smiths (all lyrics by Morrissey) :&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
1. As Antony said to Cleopatra/As he opened a crate of ale/I say/Some girls are bigger than others (&quot;Some Girls Are Bigger Than Others&quot;)&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
2. So I broke into the Palace/With a sponge and a rusty spanner/She said &quot;Hey I know you and you cannot sing&quot;/I said &quot;That's nothing, you should hear me play piano&quot; (&quot;The Queen Is Dead&quot;)&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
3. I look at yours/You laugh at mine/And love is just a miserable lie (&quot;Miserable Lie&quot;)&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
4. What she read/All heady books she'd sit and prophetise/It took a tattoed boy from Birkenhead/To really really open her eyes (&quot;What She Said&quot;)&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
5. I've seen this happen in other people's lives, and now it's happening in mine (&quot;That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore&quot;)&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
6. Poor old man/He had an aciident with a three bar fire but that's OK/He just asn't very happy anyway (&quot;Sweet And Tender Hooligan&quot;)&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
7. Now I know how Joan of Arc felt/As the flames rose/To her roman nose/And her walkman started to melt (&quot;Bigmouth Strikes Again&quot;)&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
8. Hang the DJ! Hang the DJ! Hang the DJ! (&quot;Panic&quot;)&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
9. You Left your tired family grieving/And you think they're sad because you're leaving/But did you see the jealousy in the eyes/ Of the ones who had to stay behind (&quot;London&quot;)&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
10. I say Charles don't you ever crave/To appear on the front of the Daily Mail/Dressed in your mother's bridal veil (&quot;The Queen Is Dead&quot; again)</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=27480#27480</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Norman Bates</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Fri, 18 Feb 2011 18:18:31 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=27480#27480</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Pick one band: your top 10 lyrics</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=27444#27444</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=17748'&gt;19loveless91&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 02/18/2011 09:38&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          I don't think anybody did Radiohead yet..&lt;br /&gt;
(In no particular order)&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;span style=&quot;font-weight: bold&quot;&gt;1.&lt;/span&gt; There was nothing to fear, nothing to doubt &lt;span style=&quot;font-weight: bold&quot;&gt;&lt;span style=&quot;font-style: italic&quot;&gt;(Pyramid Song)&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;span style=&quot;font-weight: bold&quot;&gt;2.&lt;/span&gt; Ambition makes you look pretty ugly&lt;br /&gt;
Kicking, squealing, Gucci little piggy &lt;span style=&quot;font-weight: bold&quot;&gt;&lt;span style=&quot;font-style: italic&quot;&gt;(Paranoid Android)&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;span style=&quot;font-weight: bold&quot;&gt;3.&lt;/span&gt; For a minute there, I lost myself &lt;span style=&quot;font-weight: bold&quot;&gt;&lt;span style=&quot;font-style: italic&quot;&gt;(Karma Police)&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;span style=&quot;font-weight: bold&quot;&gt;4.&lt;/span&gt; A heart that's full up like a landfill&lt;br /&gt;
A job that slowly kills you&lt;br /&gt;
Bruises that won't heal&lt;br /&gt;
You look so tired, unhappy&lt;br /&gt;
Bring down the government&lt;br /&gt;
They don't, they don't speak for us&lt;br /&gt;
I'll take the quiet life&lt;br /&gt;
A handshake of carbon monoxide&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
No alarms and no surprises&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;span style=&quot;font-weight: bold&quot;&gt;&lt;span style=&quot;font-style: italic&quot;&gt;(No surprises)&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;span style=&quot;font-weight: bold&quot;&gt;5.&lt;/span&gt; That there&lt;br /&gt;
That's not me&lt;br /&gt;
I go&lt;br /&gt;
Where I please&lt;br /&gt;
I walk through walls&lt;br /&gt;
I float down the Liffey&lt;br /&gt;
I'm not here&lt;br /&gt;
This isn't happening &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;span style=&quot;font-weight: bold&quot;&gt;&lt;span style=&quot;font-style: italic&quot;&gt;(How to disappear completely (and never be found again))&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;span style=&quot;font-weight: bold&quot;&gt;6.&lt;/span&gt; I keep the wolf from the door&lt;br /&gt;
But he calls me up&lt;br /&gt;
Calls me on the phone&lt;br /&gt;
Tells me all the ways that he's going to mess me up&lt;br /&gt;
Steal all my children&lt;br /&gt;
If I don't pay the ransom&lt;br /&gt;
But I'll never see them again&lt;br /&gt;
If I squeal to the cops &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
.. also, from the same song:&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Dance, you fucker&lt;br /&gt;
Dance, you fucker&lt;br /&gt;
Don't you dare&lt;br /&gt;
Don't you dare&lt;br /&gt;
Don't you flan in the face &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;span style=&quot;font-weight: bold&quot;&gt;&lt;span style=&quot;font-style: italic&quot;&gt;(A Wolf at the Door)&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;span style=&quot;font-weight: bold&quot;&gt;7.&lt;/span&gt; I want to live and breathe&lt;br /&gt;
I want to be part of the human race &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;span style=&quot;font-weight: bold&quot;&gt;&lt;span style=&quot;font-style: italic&quot;&gt;(The Bends)&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;span style=&quot;font-weight: bold&quot;&gt;8.&lt;/span&gt; Once again, we are hungry for a lynching&lt;br /&gt;
That's a strange mistake to make&lt;br /&gt;
You should turn the other cheek&lt;br /&gt;
Living in a glass house&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Well, of course I'd like to sit around and chat&lt;br /&gt;
Well, of course I'd like to stay and chew the fat&lt;br /&gt;
Well, of course I'd like to sit around and chat&lt;br /&gt;
Only, only, only&lt;br /&gt;
Only, only, only&lt;br /&gt;
(...)&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
If someone's listening in &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;span style=&quot;font-weight: bold&quot;&gt;&lt;span style=&quot;font-style: italic&quot;&gt;(Life in a Glasshouse)&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;span style=&quot;font-weight: bold&quot;&gt;9.&lt;/span&gt; So lock the kids up safe tonight&lt;br /&gt;
Shut the eyes in the cupboard&lt;br /&gt;
I've got the smile of a local man&lt;br /&gt;
Who's got the loneliest feeling &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
And either way you turn, I'll be there&lt;br /&gt;
Open up your skull, I'll be there&lt;br /&gt;
Climbing up the walls&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;span style=&quot;font-weight: bold&quot;&gt;&lt;span style=&quot;font-style: italic&quot;&gt;(Climbing up the walls)&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;span style=&quot;font-weight: bold&quot;&gt;10&lt;/span&gt;. Rows of houses, all bearing down on me&lt;br /&gt;
I can feel their blue hands touching me&lt;br /&gt;
All these things into position&lt;br /&gt;
All these things we'll one day swallow whole&lt;br /&gt;
And fade out again and fade out&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
This machine will, will not communicate&lt;br /&gt;
These thoughts and the strain I am under&lt;br /&gt;
Be a world child, form a circle&lt;br /&gt;
Before we all go under&lt;br /&gt;
And fade out again and fade out again&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Cracked eggs, dead birds&lt;br /&gt;
Scream as they fight for life&lt;br /&gt;
I can feel death, can see its beady eyes&lt;br /&gt;
All these things into position&lt;br /&gt;
All these things we'll one day swallow whole&lt;br /&gt;
And fade out again and fade out again&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Immerse your soul in love&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;span style=&quot;font-weight: bold&quot;&gt;&lt;span style=&quot;font-style: italic&quot;&gt;(Street Spirit (Fade Out))&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Bonus: Calm fitter, healthier and more productive, a pig in a cage on antibiotics &lt;span style=&quot;font-weight: bold&quot;&gt;&lt;span style=&quot;font-style: italic&quot;&gt;(Fitter Happier)&lt;/span&gt;&lt;/span&gt;</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=27444#27444</comments>
                            <dc:creator>19loveless91</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Fri, 18 Feb 2011 04:38:24 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=27444#27444</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Pick one band: your top 10 lyrics</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=27439#27439</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=16699'&gt;SquishypuffDave&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 02/18/2011 07:32&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;span style=&quot;font-weight: bold&quot;&gt;Porcupine Tree &lt;/span&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Top 5. Some excerpts, some full lyrics.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;span style=&quot;font-weight: bold&quot;&gt;1. Space Transmission (On The Sunday Of Life, 1991)&lt;/span&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
You must listen very carefully to what I have to say.&lt;br /&gt;
There isn't much time because you know who has consumed all the instruments. &lt;br /&gt;
For many eons now I have been trapped on this planet. &lt;br /&gt;
He is keeping me here against my will, &lt;br /&gt;
and sometimes when I press my ear up very close to the concrete,&lt;br /&gt;
I can hear his daughters sobbing laughter. &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Either I am blind, or I have been in darkness ever since the sun exploded fourteen centuries ago.&lt;br /&gt;
A few hours ago he who keeps me here visited me saying:&lt;br /&gt;
&quot;God! Why do the millions worship you instead of I? &lt;br /&gt;
Am I not more powerful, more forgiving, and truly compassionate?&quot; &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
A black liquid was seeping uncontrollably from my mouth. &lt;br /&gt;
And all I could do was babble incomprehensibly about a dream I had many moons ago. &lt;br /&gt;
In it a clock ticked constantly, maddening my senses. &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
That was all, but it lasted for many days until each tick seemed like fragments of glass, piercing my scales.&lt;br /&gt;
He who keeps me here tells me that one day I will return to earth,&lt;br /&gt;
and then I will seek my revenge.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;span style=&quot;font-weight: bold&quot;&gt;2. Dark Matter (Signify, 1996)&lt;/span&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
This has become a full time career; to die young would take only 21 years.&lt;br /&gt;
Gun down a school or blow up a car; the media circus will make you a star.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Crushed like a rose, in the river flow.&lt;br /&gt;
I am. I know.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;span style=&quot;font-weight: bold&quot;&gt;3. Small Fish (Up The Downstair, 1993)&lt;/span&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
The first thing that I saw as the fisherman smiled at me&lt;br /&gt;
Were empty people dressed in grey, floating out to sea&lt;br /&gt;
The rain lashed down in darkness&lt;br /&gt;
A lizard blinked an eye&lt;br /&gt;
And time stopped in the silence&lt;br /&gt;
The small fish gave a cry&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
The next thing that I saw as things were fading fast&lt;br /&gt;
Were dreams of children's laughter, smouldering to dust&lt;br /&gt;
The rain lashed down in darkness&lt;br /&gt;
A lizard blinked an eye&lt;br /&gt;
And time stopped in the silence&lt;br /&gt;
The small fish gave a cry&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
The last thing that I saw as my life passed by&lt;br /&gt;
Were fields of empty people, laying down to die&lt;br /&gt;
The rain lashed down in darkness&lt;br /&gt;
A lizard blinked an eye&lt;br /&gt;
And time stopped in the silence&lt;br /&gt;
To watch the burning sky.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;span style=&quot;font-weight: bold&quot;&gt;4. Stars Die (The Sky Moves Sideways, 1995)&lt;/span&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
The moon shook and curled up like gentle fire&lt;br /&gt;
The ocean glazed and melted wire&lt;br /&gt;
Voices buzzed in spiral eyes&lt;br /&gt;
Stars dived in blinding skies&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Tree cracked and mountain cried&lt;br /&gt;
Bridges broke, window sighed&lt;br /&gt;
Cells grew up and rivers burst&lt;br /&gt;
Sound obscured and sense reversed&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Idle mind and severed soul&lt;br /&gt;
Silent nerves and begging bowl&lt;br /&gt;
Shallow haze to blast a way&lt;br /&gt;
Hyper sleep to end the day  &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;span style=&quot;font-weight: bold&quot;&gt;5. Stop Swimming (Stupid Dream, 1999)&lt;/span&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
I'll leave now, this can't continue&lt;br /&gt;
But I forget which door I came through&lt;br /&gt;
And I know that the lift can be painfully slow&lt;br /&gt;
So I think I'll leave by the window</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=27439#27439</comments>
                            <dc:creator>SquishypuffDave</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Fri, 18 Feb 2011 02:32:34 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=27439#27439</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Pick one band: your top 10 lyrics</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=27438#27438</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=18180'&gt;GARY&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 02/18/2011 06:35&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          I see Pink Floyd has been done already. But surprisingly, no songs from Animals. Guess that speaks to just how great Pink Floyd was. If you ask 5 people which Floyd album they like best you will probably get 5 different answers. How many bands can that be said about? &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Pink Floyd, even without Roger Waters, didn't know how to make a bad album. Every Floyd album from 1967's Piper At The Gates Of Dawn to 1994's Division Bell is good. In between Wish You Were Here and The Wall, Pink Floyd created my favorite concept album of all time. My highest rated Floyd album on my chart at #7. Note for note and word for word it's better than The Wall which has 25 songs and is 81 minutes long. Compared to my favorite Floyd album with only 5 songs totalling 44 minutes. The bass, vocals, lyrics, guitar, drumming and keys on this album are as good or better than any other Pink Floyd album. The one that you may want to leave the lights on when you listen to it. All of the following lyrics are from just this album. This was Pink Floyd at their most ferocious.  ,,,  &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;Twisted Evil&quot;&gt;😈&lt;/span&gt; &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
PINK FLOYD&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;span class=&quot;forum-bbcode-font-size-18&quot; style=&quot;line-height: normal&quot;&gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span style=&quot;font-weight: bold&quot;&gt;&lt;span style=&quot;color: red&quot;&gt;&lt;/span&gt; ANIMALS (1977)&lt;/span&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;span class=&quot;forum-bbcode-font-size-18&quot; style=&quot;line-height: normal&quot;&gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span style=&quot;color: darkblue&quot;&gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span style=&quot;font-weight: bold&quot;&gt;SHEEP&lt;/span&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Hamlessly passing your time in the grassland away&lt;br /&gt;
Only dimly aware of a certain unease in the air&lt;br /&gt;
You better watch out, there may be dogs about&lt;br /&gt;
I've looked over Jordon and I have seen&lt;br /&gt;
Things are not what they seem&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
What do you get for pretending the danger's not real&lt;br /&gt;
Meek and obedient you follow the leader&lt;br /&gt;
Down well trodden corridors into the valley of steel&lt;br /&gt;
What a surprise, a look of terminal shock in your eyes&lt;br /&gt;
Now things are really what they seem&lt;br /&gt;
No, this is no bad dream&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want&lt;br /&gt;
He makes me down to lie&lt;br /&gt;
Through pastures green he leadeth me the silent waters by&lt;br /&gt;
With bright knives he releaseth my soul&lt;br /&gt;
He maketh me to hang on hooks in high places&lt;br /&gt;
He converteth me to lamb cutlets&lt;br /&gt;
For lo, he hath great power and great hunger&lt;br /&gt;
When cometh the day we lowly ones&lt;br /&gt;
Through quiet reflection and great dedication&lt;br /&gt;
Master the art of karate&lt;br /&gt;
Lo, we shall rise up &lt;br /&gt;
And then we'll make the bugger's eyes water&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Bleeding and babbling we fell on his neck with a scream&lt;br /&gt;
Wave upon wave of demented avengers&lt;br /&gt;
March cheerfully out of obscurity into the dream&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Have you heard the news&lt;br /&gt;
The dogs are dead&lt;br /&gt;
You better stay home &lt;br /&gt;
And do as your told&lt;br /&gt;
Get out of the road if you want to grow old&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;span class=&quot;forum-bbcode-font-size-18&quot; style=&quot;line-height: normal&quot;&gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span style=&quot;font-weight: bold&quot;&gt;DOGS&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;/span&gt;You gotta strike when the moment is right without thinking&lt;br /&gt;
And after a while, you can work on points for style&lt;br /&gt;
Like the club tie, and the firm handshake&lt;br /&gt;
A certain look in the eye, and an easy smile&lt;br /&gt;
You have to be trusted by the people that you lie to&lt;br /&gt;
So that when they turn their backs on you&lt;br /&gt;
You'll get the chance to put the knife in&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
And when you loose control, you'll reap the harvest you have sown&lt;br /&gt;
And as the fear grows, the bad blood slows and turns to stone&lt;br /&gt;
And it's too late to lose the weight you used to throw around&lt;br /&gt;
So have a good drown, as you go down, all alone&lt;br /&gt;
Dragged down by the stone&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;span class=&quot;forum-bbcode-font-size-18&quot; style=&quot;line-height: normal&quot;&gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span style=&quot;font-weight: bold&quot;&gt;PIGS&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;/span&gt;Bus stop rot bag, ha ha charade you are&lt;br /&gt;
You fucked up old hag, ha ha charade you are&lt;br /&gt;
You radiate cold shafts of broken glass&lt;br /&gt;
You're nearly a good laugh&lt;br /&gt;
Almost worth a quick grin&lt;br /&gt;
You like the feel of steel&lt;br /&gt;
You're hot stuff with a hatpin&lt;br /&gt;
And good fun with a hand gun&lt;br /&gt;
You're nearly a laugh&lt;br /&gt;
You're nearly a laugh&lt;br /&gt;
But you're really a cry&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Hey you Whitehouse &lt;br /&gt;
Ha ha sharade you are&lt;br /&gt;
You house proud town mouse&lt;br /&gt;
Ha ha sharade you are&lt;br /&gt;
You're trying to keep our feelings off the street&lt;br /&gt;
You're nearly a real treat&lt;br /&gt;
All tight lips and cold feet&lt;br /&gt;
And do you feel abused&lt;br /&gt;
You gotta stem the evil tide&lt;br /&gt;
And keep it all on the inside</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=27438#27438</comments>
                            <dc:creator>GARY</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Fri, 18 Feb 2011 01:35:14 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=27438#27438</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Pick one band: your top 10 lyrics</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=27412#27412</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=15797'&gt;40footwolf&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 02/17/2011 04:15&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;HyperBully wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;40footwolf wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;Pink Floyd:&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
1. &quot;There's someone in my head, but it's not me.&quot;-Brain Damage&lt;br /&gt;
2. &quot;And as the windshield melts, my tears evaporate, leaving only charcoal to defend.&quot;-Two Suns in the Sunset&lt;br /&gt;
3. &quot;And then one day you find ten years have got behind you, no one told you when to run. You missed the starting gun.&quot;-Time&lt;br /&gt;
4. &quot;Tell me, is something eluding you, sunshine? Is this not what you expected to see?&quot;-In The Flesh?&lt;br /&gt;
5. &quot;If I had my way, I'd have all of you shot!&quot;-In The Flesh&lt;br /&gt;
6. &quot;What did you dream? It's alright, we told you what to dream.&quot;-Welcome to the Machine&lt;br /&gt;
7. &quot;He wonders if you're sleeping with your newfound faith. Could anybody love him, or is it just a crazy dream?&quot;-The Final Cut&lt;br /&gt;
8. &quot;Was it you? Was it me? Did I watch too much TV? Is that a hint of accusation in your eyes?&quot;-The Post War Dream&lt;br /&gt;
9. &quot;When I was a child, I caught a fleeting glimpse out of the corner of my eye. I turned to look, but it was gone, I cannot put my finger on it now, the child is grown, the dream is gone.&quot;-Comfortably Numb&lt;br /&gt;
10. &quot;Oh, by the way: Which one's Pink?&quot;-Have a Cigar&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
You seem to really like &lt;span style=&quot;font-style: italic&quot;&gt;The Final Cut&lt;/span&gt;. Me too. &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;Smile&quot;&gt;😄&lt;/span&gt; That one may have my favorite lyrics of any Floyd album.&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
It's a highly underrated album. I prefer it over The Wall any day just for the sheer pathos.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=27412#27412</comments>
                            <dc:creator>40footwolf</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Wed, 16 Feb 2011 23:15:21 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=27412#27412</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Pick one band: your top 10 lyrics</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=27409#27409</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=16646'&gt;HyperBully&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 02/17/2011 02:46&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;40footwolf wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;Pink Floyd:&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
1. &quot;There's someone in my head, but it's not me.&quot;-Brain Damage&lt;br /&gt;
2. &quot;And as the windshield melts, my tears evaporate, leaving only charcoal to defend.&quot;-Two Suns in the Sunset&lt;br /&gt;
3. &quot;And then one day you find ten years have got behind you, no one told you when to run. You missed the starting gun.&quot;-Time&lt;br /&gt;
4. &quot;Tell me, is something eluding you, sunshine? Is this not what you expected to see?&quot;-In The Flesh?&lt;br /&gt;
5. &quot;If I had my way, I'd have all of you shot!&quot;-In The Flesh&lt;br /&gt;
6. &quot;What did you dream? It's alright, we told you what to dream.&quot;-Welcome to the Machine&lt;br /&gt;
7. &quot;He wonders if you're sleeping with your newfound faith. Could anybody love him, or is it just a crazy dream?&quot;-The Final Cut&lt;br /&gt;
8. &quot;Was it you? Was it me? Did I watch too much TV? Is that a hint of accusation in your eyes?&quot;-The Post War Dream&lt;br /&gt;
9. &quot;When I was a child, I caught a fleeting glimpse out of the corner of my eye. I turned to look, but it was gone, I cannot put my finger on it now, the child is grown, the dream is gone.&quot;-Comfortably Numb&lt;br /&gt;
10. &quot;Oh, by the way: Which one's Pink?&quot;-Have a Cigar&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
You seem to really like &lt;span style=&quot;font-style: italic&quot;&gt;The Final Cut&lt;/span&gt;. Me too. &lt;span class=&quot;emoji&quot; title=&quot;Smile&quot;&gt;😄&lt;/span&gt; That one may have my favorite lyrics of any Floyd album.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=27409#27409</comments>
                            <dc:creator>HyperBully</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Wed, 16 Feb 2011 21:46:06 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=27409#27409</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Pick one band: your top 10 lyrics</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=27408#27408</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=16646'&gt;HyperBully&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 02/17/2011 02:42&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          I'll try Dylan, too:&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
1. &quot;They say I shot a man named Gray and took his wife to Italy. She inherited a million bucks and when she died it came to me. I can't help it if I'm lucky.&quot; (&quot;Idiot Wind&quot; - &lt;span style=&quot;font-style: italic&quot;&gt;Blood On the Tracks&lt;/span&gt;, 1974)&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
2. &quot;Every man's conscience is vile and depraved. You cannot depend upon it to be your guide, when it's you who must keep it satisfied.&quot; (&quot;The Man In the Long Black Coat&quot; - &lt;span style=&quot;font-style: italic&quot;&gt;Oh Mercy&lt;/span&gt;, 1989)&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
3. &quot;God is in his heaven, and we all want what's his. But power and greed and corruptible sin seem to be all that there is.&quot; (&quot;Blind Willie McTell&quot; - Outtake from the 1983 &lt;span style=&quot;font-style: italic&quot;&gt;Infidels&lt;/span&gt; sessions, first officially released on &lt;span style=&quot;font-style: italic&quot;&gt;The Bootleg Series, Vol. 3&lt;/span&gt;, 1991)&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
4. &quot;There oughta be a law against you coming around, you should be made to wear earphones.&quot; (&quot;Ballad of a Thin Man&quot; - &lt;span style=&quot;font-style: italic&quot;&gt;Highway 61 Revisited&lt;/span&gt;, 1965)&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
5. &quot;You know as well as me, you'd rather see me paralyzed. Why don't you just come out once and scream it?&quot; (&quot;Positively 4th Street&quot; - 1965 Non-album single, first LP release on &lt;span style=&quot;font-style: italic&quot;&gt;Bob Dylan's Greatest Hits&lt;/span&gt;, 1967)&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
6. &quot;How much do I know to talk out of turn? You might say that I'm young. You might say I'm unlearned. But there's one thing I know, though I'm younger than you. Even Jesus would never forgive what you do.&quot; (&quot;Masters of War&quot; - &lt;span style=&quot;font-style: italic&quot;&gt;The Freewheelin' Bob Dylan&lt;/span&gt;, 1963)&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
7. &quot;How many deaths will it take till he knows that too many people have died?&quot; (&quot;Blowin' In the Wind&quot; - &lt;span style=&quot;font-style: italic&quot;&gt;The Freewheelin' Bob Dylan&lt;/span&gt;, 1963)&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
8. &quot;We always did feel the same, we just saw it from a different point of view.&quot; (&quot;Tangled Up In Blue&quot; - &lt;span style=&quot;font-style: italic&quot;&gt;Blood On the Tracks&lt;/span&gt;, 1974)&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
9. &quot;Ain't it just like the night to play tricks when you're trying to be so quiet?&quot; (&quot;Visions of Johanna&quot; - &lt;span style=&quot;font-style: italic&quot;&gt;Blonde On Blonde&lt;/span&gt;, 1966)&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
10. &quot;The man in the coon-skin cap by the big pen wants eleven dollar bills, but you only got ten.&quot; (&quot;Subterranean Homesick Blues&quot; - &lt;span style=&quot;font-style: italic&quot;&gt;Bringing It All Back Home&lt;/span&gt;, 1965)&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
I'm sure there's many more I'm forgetting. Dylan is my favorite songwriter, at least lyrically.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=27408#27408</comments>
                            <dc:creator>HyperBully</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Wed, 16 Feb 2011 21:42:05 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=27408#27408</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Pick one band: your top 10 lyrics</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=27403#27403</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=18180'&gt;GARY&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 02/16/2011 21:39&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;span class=&quot;forum-bbcode-font-size-18&quot; style=&quot;line-height: normal&quot;&gt;&lt;/span&gt;&lt;span style=&quot;font-weight: bold&quot;&gt; + STYX +&lt;/span&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
(1)Come Sail Away - The Grand Illusion (1977)&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
I look to the sea, reflections in the waves spark my memory&lt;br /&gt;
Some happy some sad, I think of childhood friends and the dreams we had&lt;br /&gt;
We lived happily forever, so the story goes&lt;br /&gt;
But somehow we missed out on the pot of gold &lt;br /&gt;
But we'll try best that we can to carry on&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
(2)Mr. Roboto - Kilroy Was here (1983)&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
I've got a secret I've been hiding under my skin&lt;br /&gt;
My heart is human, my blood is boiling, my brain IBM&lt;br /&gt;
So if you see me acting strangely, don't be surprised&lt;br /&gt;
I'm just a man who needed someone and somewhere to hide&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
(3)Mother Dear - Equinox (1975)&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Lonely feelings in the city, one room flat with crumbling walls&lt;br /&gt;
Sirens play a distant melody, neon shadows paint the halls&lt;br /&gt;
In the thirteen months I've spent here, with my manuscript and rhymes&lt;br /&gt;
I've paid in cash for foolish pleasures, Mother dear you'd call them crimes&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
(4)Sing For The Day - Pieces Of Eight (1978)&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Hannah don't fail me I need you like never before&lt;br /&gt;
Father time is at my back, on my heels, behind every door&lt;br /&gt;
He says son when the youth has but gone from your face&lt;br /&gt;
Will she let you grow old with grace&lt;br /&gt;
Or will she give you up for one younger than you&lt;br /&gt;
Oh Hannah please tell me the things he says arn't true&lt;br /&gt;
Hannah I'm hinestly hoping you'll always be there&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
(5) Light Up - Equinox (1975)&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
All I need is just one hit to get me by&lt;br /&gt;
Cause baby when your near I'm halfway high&lt;br /&gt;
Light up, everybody, join us in this scelebration&lt;br /&gt;
Light up, and be happy, sweet, sweet sounds will fill the air&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
(6) Not Dead Yet - Edge Of The Century (1990)&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
I've been machine-gunned handgunned highjacked left for dead&lt;br /&gt;
Dive-bombed napalmed nuclear warheaded&lt;br /&gt;
Dropped from an airplane with no parachute&lt;br /&gt;
Shot by a firing squad and raped by a business suit&lt;br /&gt;
I'm dancin on a land mine baby one leg left&lt;br /&gt;
And I can still crawl and I'm not dead yet&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
(7)Half Penny, Two Penny - Paradise Theater (1981)&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Half penny two penny, gold krugerrand&lt;br /&gt;
He was exceedingly rich for such a young man&lt;br /&gt;
Sad story, old story bring out the band&lt;br /&gt;
Another divorce just a few hundred grand&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
(8)Pieces of Eight - Pieces Of Eight (1978)&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
It's six O'clock it's quitting time I'm done for the day&lt;br /&gt;
Out on the streets I overheard a lady say&lt;br /&gt;
We now have everything or so people say&lt;br /&gt;
But now this emptiness haunts me every day&lt;br /&gt;
We seek the lion's share never knowing why&lt;br /&gt;
Come alive spread your wings and fly&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
(9)Snowblind - Paradise Theater (1981)&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Mirror, mirror on the wall&lt;br /&gt;
The face you show me scares me so&lt;br /&gt;
I thought that I could call your bluff&lt;br /&gt;
But now the lines are clear enough&lt;br /&gt;
Life's not pretty even though&lt;br /&gt;
I've tried so hard to make it so&lt;br /&gt;
Mornings are such cold distress&lt;br /&gt;
How did I ever get into this mess&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
(10)Lights - Cornerstone (1979)&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Somebody said to me why do you do this to you&lt;br /&gt;
Why not sit back and relax, go to the islands and forget it all&lt;br /&gt;
Slow down your moving too fast&lt;br /&gt;
You seem afraid it won't last&lt;br /&gt;
Take my advice go straight and settle down</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=27403#27403</comments>
                            <dc:creator>GARY</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Wed, 16 Feb 2011 16:39:14 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=27403#27403</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Pick one band: your top 10 lyrics</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=15488#15488</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=15897'&gt;Boogn1sh&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 04/22/2010 20:56&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Bob Dylan&lt;br /&gt;
In no particular order&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
1.	Keep a clean nose, a wash of clean clothes; you don’t need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows. – Subterranean Homesick Blues- Bringing It All Back Home&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
2.	Everybody is making love or else expecting rain- Desolation Row- Highway 61’ Revisited&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
3.	Let me ask you one question, is your money that good, will it buy you forgiveness, do you think that it could, I think you will find, when your death takes its toll, all the money you’ve made won’t ever buy back your soul- Master’s of War- The Freewheelin’ Bob Dylan&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
4.	But nobody has any respect, anyway they already expect you to all give a check to tax deductable charity organizations- Ballad of a Thin Man- Highway 61’ Revisited &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
5.	You’ll never know the hurt I’ve suffered, nor the pain I rise above, and I’ll never know the same about you, your holiness or your kind of love, and it makes me feel so sorry- Idiot Wind- Blood on the Tracks &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
6.	 Darkness at the break of noon, shadows even the silver spoon, the handmade blade the child’s balloon, eclipses both the sun and moon, to understand you knew to soon, there is no sense in trying- It’s Alright Ma (I’m Only Bleeding)- Bringing It All Back Home&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
7.	Nobody has to guess, that baby can’t be blessed, till she finally sees like she’s like all the rest, with her fog, her amphetamine, and her pearls- Just Like a Woman- Blonde on Blonde&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
8.	With your silhouette when the sunlight dims, into your eyes where the moonlight swims, and your match-book songs and your gypsy hymns, who among them would try to impress you?- Sad Eyed Lady of the Lowlands- Blonde on Blonde&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
9.	Take me disappearing through the smoke rings of my mind, down the foggy ruins of time, far past the frozen leaves, the haunted frightened trees, out to the windy beach, far from the twisted reach of crazy sorrow. Yes to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate, driven deep beneath the waves,  let me forget about today until tomorrow- Mr. Tambourine Man- Bringing it all Back Home&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
10.	 The ghost of electricity howls in the bones of her face- Visions of Johanna- Blonde on Blonde</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=15488#15488</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Boogn1sh</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Thu, 22 Apr 2010 16:56:12 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=15488#15488</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Pick one band: your top 10 lyrics</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=15424#15424</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=3740'&gt;Elston&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 04/20/2010 23:03&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Heh! &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&quot;That's the raspberries&quot; gets me too. I love the way they giggle in the song.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=15424#15424</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Elston</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Tue, 20 Apr 2010 19:03:36 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=15424#15424</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Pick one band: your top 10 lyrics</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=15423#15423</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=15511'&gt;CellarDoor&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 04/20/2010 21:05&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Elston wrote :&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;Quote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;10. Smoke billowing up between her legs made me vomit beautifully &lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
How I love that line ! That and...&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Pena exclaimed : &quot;That's the raspberries !&quot;</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=15423#15423</comments>
                            <dc:creator>CellarDoor</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Tue, 20 Apr 2010 17:05:52 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=15423#15423</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Pick one band: your top 10 lyrics</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=15418#15418</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=3740'&gt;Elston&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 04/20/2010 18:59&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Captain Beefheart&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
1. You used me like an ashtray heart!&lt;br /&gt;
2. The new dinosoar walkin' in the old ones shoes - come on down to the big dig&lt;br /&gt;
3. Space age couple why do you hex your magic muscle? Cultivate the grounds they're the only ones around&lt;br /&gt;
4. Tropical hot dog night! All you little girls come out to meet the monster tonight&lt;br /&gt;
5. At the &lt;span style=&quot;font-style: italic&quot;&gt;same time&lt;/span&gt; you know you're a girl, I know I'm a man. &lt;br /&gt;
6. I wish I hadn't told you all those love lies&lt;br /&gt;
7. The blacks birds feedin' on rice and his red wings look like diamonds and lice&lt;br /&gt;
8. Sweet little children with doves on their shoulders their eyes rolled back in ecstasy, crying please old man stop this misery&lt;br /&gt;
9. Fast n' bulbous! That's right the mascara snake. Fast n' bulbous. Also a tin teardrop. Bulbous also tapered (that's right). &lt;br /&gt;
10. Smoke billowing up between her legs made me vomit beautifully &lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
aw man, 10 is not even close to enough for Beefheart.</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=15418#15418</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Elston</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Tue, 20 Apr 2010 14:59:13 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=15418#15418</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Pick one band: your top 10 lyrics</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=15370#15370</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=-1'&gt;Anonymous&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 04/19/2010 06:55&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Brian Eno: Who would've thought so much could come from so much phonetically driven lyrics?&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
1. King's Lead Hat - &quot;The passage of my life is measured out in shirts&quot; &lt;br /&gt;
2. Baby's One Fire - &quot;Take your time, she's only burning&quot;&lt;br /&gt;
3. Dead Finks Don't Talk - &quot;To be a zombie all the time requires such dedication&quot;&lt;br /&gt;
4. Burning Airlines Give You So Much More - &quot;While miles below her the curlews call from strangely stunted trees.&quot;&lt;br /&gt;
5. The Paw Paw Negro Blowtorch - &quot;By this time I got to looking for a kind of substitute/I can't tell you who I found except that it rhymes with &quot;dissolute&quot;&quot;&lt;br /&gt;
6. Backwater - &quot;But if you study the logistics And heuristics of the mystics You will find that their minds rarely move in a line&quot;&lt;br /&gt;
7. St. Elmo's Fire - &quot;And we saw St. Elmo's Fire Splitting ions in the ether&quot; &lt;br /&gt;
8. Mother Whale Eyeless - &quot;Living so close to danger Even your friends are strangers Don't count upon their company.&quot;&lt;br /&gt;
9. Cindy Tells Me - &quot;Some of them lose, and some of them lose,&lt;br /&gt;
But that's what they want, and that's what they choose.&quot;&lt;br /&gt;
10. The True Wheel - &quot;Looking For a Certain Ratio/ Someone Must Have Left It Underneath the Carpet&quot;</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=15370#15370</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Anonymous</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Mon, 19 Apr 2010 02:55:01 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=15370#15370</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Pick one band: your top 10 lyrics</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=14778#14778</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=15168'&gt;RFNAPLES&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 04/02/2010 04:50&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          1.	We are the Village Green Preservation Society&lt;br /&gt;
2.	God save Donald Duck, Vaudeville and Variety&lt;br /&gt;
3.	We are the Desperate Dan Appreciation Society&lt;br /&gt;
4.	God save strawberry jam and all the different varieties&lt;br /&gt;
5.	Preserving the old ways from being abused&lt;br /&gt;
6.	Protecting the new ways for me and for you&lt;br /&gt;
7.	What more can we do&lt;br /&gt;
8.	We are the Draught Beer Preservation Society&lt;br /&gt;
9.	God save Mrs. Mopp and good Old Mother Riley&lt;br /&gt;
10.	We are the Custard Pie Appreciation Consortium&lt;br /&gt;
11.	God save the George Cross and all those who were awarded them&lt;br /&gt;
12.	We are the Sherlock Holmes English Speaking Vernacular&lt;br /&gt;
13.	Help save Fu Manchu, Moriarty and Dracula&lt;br /&gt;
14.	We are the Office Block Persecution Affinity&lt;br /&gt;
15.	God save little shops, china cups and virginity&lt;br /&gt;
16.	We are the Skyscraper Condemnation Affiliate&lt;br /&gt;
17.	God save tudor houses, antique tables and billiards&lt;br /&gt;
18.	Preserving the old ways from being abused&lt;br /&gt;
19.	Protecting the new ways for me and for you&lt;br /&gt;
20.	What more can we do&lt;br /&gt;
21.	God save the Village Green.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
The Village Green Preservation Society&lt;br /&gt;
Written by: Ray Davies&lt;br /&gt;
Published by: Noma Music, Inc./Hi-Count Music, Inc. BMI</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=14778#14778</comments>
                            <dc:creator>RFNAPLES</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Fri, 2 Apr 2010 00:50:54 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=14778#14778</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Pick one band: your top 10 lyrics</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=14777#14777</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=16154'&gt;mikeyskywalker&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 04/02/2010 03:59&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;/span&gt;&lt;table class=&quot;bbquote-container&quot;&gt;&lt;tr&gt; 	  &lt;td class=&quot;text-left&quot;&gt;&lt;strong&gt;40footwolf wrote:&lt;/strong&gt;&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;	&lt;tr&gt;	  &lt;td class=&quot;bbquote&quot;&gt;Pink Floyd:&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
1. &quot;There's someone in my head, but it's not me.&quot;-Brain Damage&lt;br /&gt;
2. &quot;And as the windshield melts, my tears evaporate, leaving only charcoal to defend.&quot;-Two Suns in the Sunset&lt;br /&gt;
3. &quot;And then one day you find ten years have got behind you, no one told you when to run. You missed the starting gun.&quot;-Time&lt;br /&gt;
4. &quot;Tell me, is something eluding you, sunshine? Is this not what you expected to see?&quot;-In The Flesh?&lt;br /&gt;
5. &quot;If I had my way, I'd have all of you shot!&quot;-In The Flesh&lt;br /&gt;
6. &quot;What did you dream? It's alright, we told you what to dream.&quot;-Welcome to the Machine&lt;br /&gt;
7. &quot;He wonders if you're sleeping with your newfound faith. Could anybody love him, or is it just a crazy dream?&quot;-The Final Cut&lt;br /&gt;
8. &quot;Was it you? Was it me? Did I watch too much TV? Is that a hint of accusation in your eyes?&quot;-The Post War Dream&lt;br /&gt;
9. &quot;When I was a child, I caught a fleeting glimpse out of the corner of my eye. I turned to look, but it was gone, I cannot put my finger on it now, the child is grown, the dream is gone.&quot;-Comfortably Numb&lt;br /&gt;
10. &quot;Oh, by the way: Which one's Pink?&quot;-Have a Cigar&lt;/td&gt;	&lt;/tr&gt;&lt;/table&gt;&lt;span class=&quot;postbody&quot;&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&quot;Long you live and high you fly&lt;br /&gt;
Smiles you'll give and tears you'll cry&lt;br /&gt;
All you touch and all you see&lt;br /&gt;
Is all your life will ever be&quot;&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
!!!!</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=14777#14777</comments>
                            <dc:creator>mikeyskywalker</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Thu, 1 Apr 2010 23:59:18 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=14777#14777</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Pick one band: your top 10 lyrics</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=14776#14776</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=15797'&gt;40footwolf&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 04/02/2010 02:35&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Pink Floyd:&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
1. &quot;There's someone in my head, but it's not me.&quot;-Brain Damage&lt;br /&gt;
2. &quot;And as the windshield melts, my tears evaporate, leaving only charcoal to defend.&quot;-Two Suns in the Sunset&lt;br /&gt;
3. &quot;And then one day you find ten years have got behind you, no one told you when to run. You missed the starting gun.&quot;-Time&lt;br /&gt;
4. &quot;Tell me, is something eluding you, sunshine? Is this not what you expected to see?&quot;-In The Flesh?&lt;br /&gt;
5. &quot;If I had my way, I'd have all of you shot!&quot;-In The Flesh&lt;br /&gt;
6. &quot;What did you dream? It's alright, we told you what to dream.&quot;-Welcome to the Machine&lt;br /&gt;
7. &quot;He wonders if you're sleeping with your newfound faith. Could anybody love him, or is it just a crazy dream?&quot;-The Final Cut&lt;br /&gt;
8. &quot;Was it you? Was it me? Did I watch too much TV? Is that a hint of accusation in your eyes?&quot;-The Post War Dream&lt;br /&gt;
9. &quot;When I was a child, I caught a fleeting glimpse out of the corner of my eye. I turned to look, but it was gone, I cannot put my finger on it now, the child is grown, the dream is gone.&quot;-Comfortably Numb&lt;br /&gt;
10. &quot;Oh, by the way: Which one's Pink?&quot;-Have a Cigar</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=14776#14776</comments>
                            <dc:creator>40footwolf</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Thu, 1 Apr 2010 22:35:21 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=14776#14776</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Re: Pick one band: your top 10 lyrics</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=14759#14759</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=16394'&gt;Applerill&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 04/01/2010 16:26&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Since nobody understands what she's saying in the first place, I'll go with Tori again. :p These are in no particular order.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&quot;I'm a MILF, don't you forget&quot;-&lt;span style=&quot;font-weight: bold&quot;&gt;Big Wheel&lt;/span&gt;, &lt;span style=&quot;font-style: italic&quot;&gt;American Doll Posse&lt;/span&gt; (2007)&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&quot;She's your Cocaine/ She's got you shaving your legs /you can suck anything/ but you know you wanna be me&quot;-&lt;span style=&quot;font-weight: bold&quot;&gt;She's Your Cocaine&lt;/span&gt;, &lt;span style=&quot;font-style: italic&quot;&gt;From the Choirgirl Hotel&lt;/span&gt; (1998)&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&quot;I've been looking for a savior in these dirty streets/Looking for a savior/beneath these dirty sheets/ I've been raising up my hands/ Drive another nail in/ Got enough guilt to start My own religion&quot;-&lt;span style=&quot;font-weight: bold&quot;&gt;Crucify&lt;/span&gt;, &lt;span style=&quot;font-style: italic&quot;&gt;Little Earthquakes&lt;/span&gt; (1991)&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&quot;And in the mist there she rides/ And castles are burning in my heart/And as I twist I hold tight/ And I ride to work every morning wondering why/&quot;Sit in the chair and be good now&quot;/and become all that they told you&lt;br /&gt;
 the white coats enter her room/and I'm callin' my baby callin' my baby callin' my baby callin'&quot;-&lt;span style=&quot;font-weight: bold&quot;&gt;Girl&lt;/span&gt;, &lt;span style=&quot;font-style: italic&quot;&gt;Little Earthquakes&lt;/span&gt; (1991)&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&quot;And my priest says/ 'You ain't saving any souls'/My father says/ 'You ain't making any money'&quot;-&lt;span style=&quot;font-weight: bold&quot;&gt;Take to the Sky&lt;/span&gt;, B-side (1992)&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&quot;You'll never gain weight from a doughnut hole&quot;-&lt;span style=&quot;font-weight: bold&quot;&gt;Doughnut Song&lt;/span&gt;, &lt;span style=&quot;font-style: italic&quot;&gt;Boys For Pele&lt;/span&gt; (1996)&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&quot;Father, I killed my monkey&quot;-&lt;span style=&quot;font-weight: bold&quot;&gt;Bliss&lt;/span&gt;, &lt;span style=&quot;font-style: italic&quot;&gt;To Venus and Back&lt;/span&gt; (1999)&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&quot;You Said You Wanted safer Ground/But You Got Caught Up In The River/I Was There To Save You Boy/But You'd rather Drown/ You Said You Were Unhappy/ But That Was Alright/Better Than Not Knowin'/What's On The Other Side&quot;-&lt;span style=&quot;font-weight: bold&quot;&gt;On the Boundary&lt;/span&gt;,&lt;span style=&quot;font-style: italic&quot;&gt; Y Kant Tori Read&lt;/span&gt;, 1988&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&quot;I remember/Yes/In my peach party dress/No one dared/No one cared To tell me/ Where the pretty girls are/Those demigods/ With their nine-inch nails/ And a little fascist panties /Tucked inside the heart Of every nice girl&quot;-&lt;span style=&quot;font-weight: bold&quot;&gt;Precious Things&lt;/span&gt;, &lt;span style=&quot;font-style: italic&quot;&gt;Little Earthquakes &lt;/span&gt;(1991)&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&quot;so you found a girl who thinks really deep thoughts/ what's so amazing about really deep thoughts?&quot;-&lt;span style=&quot;font-weight: bold&quot;&gt;Silent All These Years&lt;/span&gt;, &lt;span style=&quot;font-style: italic&quot;&gt;Little Earthquakes&lt;/span&gt; (1991)</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=14759#14759</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Applerill</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Thu, 1 Apr 2010 12:26:55 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=14759#14759</guid>
                          </item><item>
                            <title>Pick one band: your top 10 lyrics</title>
                            <link>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=14755#14755</link>
                            <description>Author: &lt;a href='https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&amp;u=14753'&gt;Charicature&lt;/a&gt;&lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Posted: 04/01/2010 16:02&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          &lt;br /&gt;&lt;br /&gt;
                          Chafing at having to pick just one lyric for that other thread, I figured why not have a thread dedicated to your 10 favorite lyrics by one band?&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Go ahead and post multiple times with different bands, but please wait until several others have posted before coming in with another band.  Don't post the same band twice (though someone else can).&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Denote song, album and (year) for each.&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
Using my pick from that other thread: Jesus Jones&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&quot;Mary hangs from the rearview mirror/On the dash her son's come off worse/We've got a carload of faith here/And we're saved from the world by some verse&quot; - Move Mountains, Liquidizer (1989)&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&quot;So here's a thought while we burn our bridges/If the pen's not worth the sword then/pass the gun and praise the Lord&quot; - All the Answers, Liquidizer (1989)&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&quot;I never pass a headline by/cause everyone will catch my eye/and though it's tough to keep alert/you never know what could hurt me&quot; - Info Freako, Liquidizer (1989)&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&quot;Have you ever felt that it's someone else living your life/The image of you only better it's true&quot; - Who? Where? Why?, Doubt (1990)&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&quot;black and white and wrong and right/real and real and how do you feel?/&lt;br /&gt;
the louder you shout the better you're heard/the meek shall inherit the earth--that's absurd!/the bigger they come, the harder they fall/'til you're big enough you don't fall at all&quot; - Two and Two, Doubt (1990)&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&quot;let the air wash over me/feel the ground sink beneath my feet/&lt;br /&gt;
and i expect so much more from today/than just a time between tomorrow and yesterday&quot; - Blissed, Doubt (1990)&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&quot;All the things I read come from magazines/My concentration never was what it might have been/And I know that I'm impatient but there isn't really time/To have all these ideas going through my mind&quot; - Magazine, Perverse (1993)&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&quot;I don't need someone like you/Expecting me to share your views/&lt;br /&gt;
'Cos I don't expect that what you see/ has anything to do with me/&lt;br /&gt;
Oh no, not me, I'm not part of your crusade&quot; - Your Crusade, Perverse (1993)&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&quot;Where there's an aircraft down/There'll be casualties from some English town/There's always an African war/Meaning one vote, once, once more&quot; - In The Face of All Of This, London (2001)&lt;br /&gt;
&lt;br /&gt;
&quot;Semi-detached, neither one place nor the other/A brand new door on the latch/but you still need a blessing from me/I couldn't sleep, time was stealing/Simple blow and now I'm reeling/ and then you learn to stand alone.&quot; - Halfway House, Culture Vulture EP (2004)</description>
                            <comments>https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=14755#14755</comments>
                            <dc:creator>Charicature</dc:creator>
                            <pubDate>Thu, 1 Apr 2010 12:02:24 GMT</pubDate>
                            <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.besteveralbums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=14755#14755</guid>
                          </item></channel></rss>